Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   [IMPORTANT] A Call to the PA Community (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=177949)

alch 9 Jun 2004 02:40

A call to Planetarion Community

Basically i noticed that this round, Planetarion dont have any banner to promote itself and basically nothing has been done yet (not that i known of) to promote the incomming round.
I have done a simple banner (not something fancy) which should give you the overall idea that a new round is starting.

The idea was to put it on the top of your gaming community/alliance site and also on other sites aswell (not linked to gaming)
Basically, following the fact that 60% of the alliances in PA are actually Gaming community exposed to other games aswell and also have large hits from users that are not even linked to PA.
That might bring some new/old players to this game and maybe waken up some attention in this game.

Basically. i know that the aim should be also to site that are not linked to gaming communities, but think about it as a little extra - run the banner in the top of your site for a few weeks from now and allow the advertisment to go on further.

It might help a little bit the PA signup.

Anyway here the link to the page that show the banner for the people who actually want to put it on their sites (i cant force you ) - just look at the code and extract the actual link from it and put it on your site aswell.

http://furiousgamers.webuser.impulse...etarion11.html

So far this is the list of the site that display the banner (or will display it):

www.furious-angels.com
www.ipc-hq.com
www.jolt.co.uk and its sites.
http://swg.thewolfpackhq.org/
http://planetarion.rock-alliance.org/
www.hjelperdeg.no

If anyone want to put this banner up and help PA - post in here your site you are webmastering and i will update the list.
A big thanks you to the people who are advertising this game.

thaeter 10 Jun 2004 15:17

Re: [IMPORTANT] A Call to the PA Community

a nice idea, but i've never clicked on a banner advertising games...

alch 10 Jun 2004 16:42

you wouldnt, but the fact you knew the game name or you saw this game just increased the fact that you might aventure to this site sometime.

thaeter 11 Jun 2004 01:43

possibly. But you'd need it on a place where people see this stuff. LIke gamespot and places like that. Clan websites are not visited by various people...

alch 11 Jun 2004 02:06

you kidding right?
few sites i know that are displaying it are visited each month not only by their users but also by a lot other clans who are coming to see the site itself. and its free publicity, we cant afford to put it on gamespot or gamespy or other sites aswell.
And basically i dont think it will do well there, i think that regular site aswell, not linked to games or stuff like this may bring some people who dont know what is Planetarion and this is the win-win situation, fresh blood.

Another thing, you have on preferences, a button that say basically "email our friends" or something like this, i would like everyone who signed to planetarion to email 10 people he knows before the round start, this is not spamming, you are emailing your friends and give them the opportunity to play this game with you.
Jolt is not storing the email in any database anyway, so you can feel secured in this issue.
That could help the game to grow.

thaeter 11 Jun 2004 02:20

people would rather play a free game where they can forget about their account after a while and they havent wasted 5 bucks. There are so many alternatives to PA, the novelty has warn off now.

alch 11 Jun 2004 03:02

you still can play this game as a free account, and basically if you pay for 3 accounts , you get them for cheap.
5 Bucks is cheap. but you still can rather take a free account and have some nice hunt out there.

Dark-Strider 11 Jun 2004 12:52

nice banner alch,

i hope it brings people into the game :)

alch 11 Jun 2004 15:42

i hope too :)

Doorsdown 11 Jun 2004 21:08

i didn't see the bannor on either of the fang web sites

alch 12 Jun 2004 01:07

you have to enter the forum to see the banner.
http://www.fanghq.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14

biffy 12 Jun 2004 01:15

alch check yer email :p

Entium 12 Jun 2004 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by alch
you have to enter the forum to see the banner.
http://www.fanghq.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14

So only registered members on the FAnG forum, which will most certainly know pa already, can actually see the banner? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the effort, though.

alch 12 Jun 2004 20:41

entium, no, the forum is open to anyone i think, but its not me who placed the banner there, its the nice Communities people, who are adding this banner to their site, i have no control over their sites, i am just the guy who is offering the banner and requesting some help from people.
I will talk to FAnGHQ Webmaster concerning this.

so you cant blame me ;p

G.K Zhukov 12 Jun 2004 23:51

Nice iniative alch, though I doubt it will generate alot of new faces.

I dont know if I should laugh or cry, but Jolt hardly does anything for PA, while some of its players do loads.

alch 13 Jun 2004 08:39

hehe, well what can we do? i think its show how the community does care about PA.
if noone will help us, at least we are helping ourselves

Kjeldoran 14 Jun 2004 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entium
So only registered members on the FAnG forum, which will most certainly know pa already, can actually see the banner? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the effort, though.

As FAnG Senate chairman, let me asure you that our boards are idd free for all. You can however not post on it unless you're regged and all the private sections you won't see either. But you will see the banner.

alch 15 Jun 2004 00:06

added to jolt sites.
And also to www.mpogd.com for the following week of the signup (courtesy of beefy who is kind enough to pay for it)

So guys come on, im sure you know more site where we could display this banner to get more users.

alch 15 Jun 2004 00:31

added http://teen.no.fragleberget.com/gallery/ (courtesy of steinmetz)

Assassin 15 Jun 2004 15:05

I think it isnt a bad idea tbh

alch 15 Jun 2004 17:50

Allright here some stuff i was thinking about, i was thinking about getting more and more site to get basically more coverage of PA around the internet and i mailed a lot of webmasters i know and some people i have good contacts with and right now i am waiting for their answers.But right now given the fact i am the only one to do that (at least i think i am), i dont reach much people and that too bad.

What i really would like is to have a little more help from the community itself, i know some of you think its not a good idea, but i really think it can be a very good one, if we work hard, we can get more and more coverage.

Basically here the idea:
I know that you guys know people oustide Planetarion that happen to own a forum or a site that have a great hits monthly, i know that some of you might be the webmaster or maybe your brothers or maybe some client you had or some people that happened to join your channels on Undernet.

We need to use the most links we have to market this game, you can write a mail on behalf of the community and send it to like 20-30 people you know that own sites.
We can do it in following thing, first you can put a banner on the top of the site, the link is at the top of the thread.
secondly you can tell them that basically their sites will be compiled on a threads that will thanks them and that most of the community will thanks them for that and they can potientally increase their playerbase aswell.
Third, you can contact them regarding Promotions or competition they can run this week while the round start, while the prizes will be paid accounts that will be given out of my pocket or someone who will be generous enough to pay for them.

Another thing is i could run some donation system to collect some money and maybe also expand the advertisment biffy is planning to run on MPOGD.com from 1 week to a longer time.

This is basically all up to us now, we are the community, forget about jolt, we are the one that push this community and this game, so lets help each other, if every players would recommand this thread to his friends and at the end 1k players would mail 10 people they know that could host and display our banners, i think we could have a lot more advertisment than any big gaming site could offer us.

No money is involved in it, just some passive command about sending mails to people that happen to own sites or operate sites with high traffic.

That simple, that help
This is The community helping the community

P.S: You can find me on #mentors if you want to discuss the subject or wish to donate some money to help the advertisment. and if you get someone to put the banner up, please post in this thread the links so we can thanks him by visiting his site and get to know our true supporter.

Greetings.

Bode 15 Jun 2004 19:03

Hey Alch, I read an online comic at www.pvponline.com that is geared towards gamers. If they artist plays and likes the game, he features it in his strips. It is updated daily and gets around 100k hits a day last i checked. I will check up on it and see what advertising costs are and put them in here if anyone is willing to fund them.

alch 15 Jun 2004 22:48

http://swg.thewolfpackhq.org/ added aswell (WP playing in SWG)

alch 15 Jun 2004 23:14

http://sticky.pa.estratospherehosting.com/

Jonas 16 Jun 2004 15:10

I suggest that instead of: Have you got your planet yet; Have you got a planet yet?? Makes people feel outside :p
Ill have it put up on a few webpages.

-Jonas-

AndroX 16 Jun 2004 22:52

www.visionhq.org

But you knew that already ;)

jerome 16 Jun 2004 23:01

most of those sites.. are all based partly/mostly on planetarion heh.. the majority of people who visit them, will be alreeady planetarion players, or those who dont want to play etc. It'd be better to advertise in a more diverse place, to pick up new players, where most of the hits aren't from people who are already converted.

The base idea is idd good, ill do what I can to host it, here and there.

alch 16 Jun 2004 23:26

Quote:

most of those sites.. are all based partly/mostly on planetarion heh.. the majority of people who visit them, will be alreeady planetarion players, or those who dont want to play etc. It'd be better to advertise in a more diverse place, to pick up new players, where most of the hits aren't from people who are already converted.

The base idea is idd good, ill do what I can to host it, here and there.
its idd our idea, i am pushing very hard to put it on sites that are not gaming community at all.
But its hard nowdays to get people who can display it for free.
Anyway, you guys, when you know that some sites display it, please post the link in here, so i can add it to the list in the top.

And thanks a lot.

Jeltje 17 Jun 2004 10:58

rock put it up
http://planetarion.rock-alliance.org

alch 17 Jun 2004 16:15

added to the thread - thanks for the support

Jonas 18 Jun 2004 09:36

get pr0n sites to add it :P

Intruder 21 Jun 2004 00:35

Well, long time since a posted here but this one deserves one reply
Im very impressed by your efforts in helping the community instead complaining the game is dead, dont want to play anymore, etc. Very nice Alch
/me claps :banana:

As soon my new ally webby is back online ill put the banner on it ( btw, very nice banner ). We dont play Planetarion but we got lots of members who plays and it will nice to help this community.

I think mmorpg had one contest with "game of the month" by voting, right?
I believe someone asked to it b4, but i think we could colaborate by voting in that site so we put Planetarion back where ir belongs.
This game can be dead since so much ppl are still here, right?

alch 21 Jun 2004 02:22

right :) the game is not dead at all.

Sevrok 21 Jun 2004 17:47

i am in some MSN groups i'll postsome links to the game their, once the Lupine Crux Site is ready we'll have the banner up aswell

moroo 29 Jun 2004 03:53

Now is the banner up on an big site
www.hjelperdeg.no
From 400 to over 700 visitors each day.

Chaos 29 Jun 2004 03:53

I got a m8 to put it up on www.hjelperdeg.no

alch 29 Jun 2004 08:44

gratz added to the list on the top.

hinchles 29 Jun 2004 10:27

can i just make a note about this please folks.

if your going to put it on your website please download banner and copy the html to display it from alch's example

please dont link to it from the furiousgamers webspace :(

Cheers
hinch

alch 29 Jun 2004 20:35

oh right :/
forgot about this one.
download it from the directory or hinch will kill me.
thanks. :D

Jester 8 Jul 2004 13:54

*bump for unsticky*

alch 8 Jul 2004 20:49

hmmm, who unsticked it?

Jester 8 Jul 2004 20:55

Me (hence the post). Is there any reason for it to still be sticked?

alch 8 Jul 2004 22:21

should be a reason, as this is a continuous marketing campaign.
a stick bring awarness, exactly what i need.

Jester 9 Jul 2004 07:25

I have this theory that it works the other way around, but ok.

alch 9 Jul 2004 15:46

Do as you see fit, you are the moderator, not me ;p

wakey 9 Jul 2004 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
I have this theory that it works the other way around, but ok.

I do agree with that tbh. In my time as mod I have noticed that threads that get stikied almost always get fewer responces than those which arent. I do keep trying to tell PAteam that every time they go over my head and sticky a suggestion over on the suggestions forum but hey they refuse to listen.

Stickies are really only useful for threads that require no discussion so would drop off the first page yet contains vital information (such as forum FAQ's, announcements ect). I guess though you could say this thread does kind of fall into that group hence it might be best remaining stickied

alch 9 Jul 2004 19:38

well, the discussion is kinda over :/ i mean, there is some vital info in this thread, but your job is moderation. do what you think need to be done :)

alch 8 Oct 2004 21:04

Update, For all the people who still want to upload PA banners for round12 to get more signup to the game, you can do so by updating the link the banner is pointing to, to this link:

http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/adve...aign_id=100007 (click on the URL to make sure you get the link correctly and in one part)

This will track how many signup we get from sites we put this banner. as always you can use my banner,
http://furiousgamers.webuser.impulse...etarion11.html

or even use the banner PA made especially for the new round.

do as you wish, just make sure you update me about your site, so i can update the original post with your site link.

thanks you.

Appocomaster 26 Jan 2006 17:56

:bump: as other discussions have happened, banners are being made but if anyone wanted to make one we'd be interested to hear from them :)

Nadar 26 Jan 2006 18:43

Jesus christ Appoco... I entered the thread from start thinking it was completely new. I clicked the banner-url and no way I could view it... then the fanghq.com url, but it wasnt registered... was like "wtf is wrong with my inet?" until I saw it was from year TWOTHOUSANDANDFOUR!!!! :(