Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Asteroid shields (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199560)

Appocomaster 10 Oct 2011 07:46

Asteroid shields

What about a construction that drops max cap on your planet? E.g. 20% of your constructions this mean max cap is dropped by 2% (4%?). A cap of say 25%-50% would be introduced.

Just throwing the idea out there whilst on the train :)

Paisley 10 Oct 2011 08:29

Re: Asteroid shields

Depends on the quality of the stats...

If the stats are good attacking ones then it is worthwhile
However if the stats are defensive as R43 then I would say its a no go zone.

Tiamat101 10 Oct 2011 09:48

It sounds like a cool Idea. You prolly would want to make it so 20%(max) would be about -50% cap. So instead of capping 25% you'd only cap 13% of what ever. It would definatlly make people chose between those and Fc's.

Mzyxptlk 10 Oct 2011 09:53

I'm not sure this will have any effect other than slowing the game down.

Henrik 10 Oct 2011 16:10

We need more roids in play, not less.

neroon 10 Oct 2011 18:22

and more targets with that.. which brings us to sweet "let-everyone-have-more-than-one-planet-in-one-round" :D

darts 10 Oct 2011 20:00

Better put you efford in making advertisement on facebook or google+ or whatever, so you get more ppl 2 play planetarion. Its free advert if you do it properly, dont make the game even more boring with those new adjustments 2 game.

Mistwraith 11 Oct 2011 11:55

Akin to the holoroids of old, they went down like a lead balloon and were scrapped either in beta or in R1, too damned long ago to remember.

We already have cap limits based on value/score to prevent horrendous noob bashing lets leave it the way it is.

Monroe 11 Oct 2011 16:26

Holoroids were scrapped after round one.

Anyway I think this is a terrible idea. It is already hard enough to take roids from the top players.... this just makes it harder. We need more roid transfer (aka capping) not less.

Mzyxptlk 11 Oct 2011 17:06

I don't think top players would bother with these things, to be honest. If you never get roided in the first place, why care how much attackers cap?

Clouds 12 Oct 2011 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3210950)
I don't think top players would bother with these things, to be honest. If you never get roided in the first place, why care how much attackers cap?

Valid point.

Monroe 12 Oct 2011 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3210950)

Just ask Shaz, Arc, or Dav, the top 3 players from last round if they were have preferred to be able to avoid loosing a percentage of cap. All 3 were roided last round (Shaz admittedly only on the last day).

Mzyxptlk 12 Oct 2011 19:31

In exchange for up to 30 FCs or mines? I don't think I even need to.

Monroe 12 Oct 2011 21:56

Naw, it would be in exchange of amps, dists, or factories. FCs you max at 60, and refineries stop being profitable to build in the latter 1/3 of the round typically. A couple of these would make a big difference when you have a large number of roids, which is also typically late in the round. Also just a couple of these early in the round could make it a lot harder for people to steal roids off of you and perhaps lower your incomming as people look for easier targets. This game more things in it that encourage attacking strategies, not things that encourage fortress strategies.

Light 16 Oct 2011 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroe (Post 3210991)
Naw, it would be in exchange of amps, dists, or factories. FCs you max at 60, and refineries stop being profitable to build in the latter 1/3 of the round typically. A couple of these would make a big difference when you have a large number of roids, which is also typically late in the round. Also just a couple of these early in the round could make it a lot harder for people to steal roids off of you and perhaps lower your incomming as people look for easier targets. This game more things in it that encourage attacking strategies, not things that encourage fortress strategies.

I dont think it would make people switch targets, everyone always goes for easy roids and if they think you're easy roids. Then capping 70 roids instead of 80 is still a nice attack.

Kaiba 16 Oct 2011 19:06

Yeh i mean top players get roided not for 'the cap' but for the fact of taking away some of the roids and giving smaller people in the lolwaves on them large xp gains helping boost an alliances score. As Light says i doubt anyone is going to care about a small percentage drop in roids capped aslong as you are capping them - invariably in this game now planets get bashed by teams of 4-5 planets and the cap is lowered anyway so it would be no different

Plus it kind of creates a neagitive roiding atmosphere if you want the game to be more attack based then you want it to be easier for planets to be roided.

Maybe making galaxy eta 6 instead of 5 would help that a bit and push more reliance onto galaxy activity and alliances and away from lazy cross deffing

Maxi 16 Oct 2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3211069)
Maybe making galaxy eta 6 instead of 5 would help that a bit and push more reliance onto galaxy activity and alliances and away from lazy cross deffing

Wow for like almost the first time ever I agree with Kaiba. Gal def eta 6 might be a good idea.

Maxi

DG 17 Oct 2011 22:08

Yep, agree with increasing eta by 1 for gal def.

neroon 18 Oct 2011 07:38

increase galdef eta to 6 and make the def able to def for 2 ticks in a row :P ?

sounds like a fun plan and helps against lolwaves a bit more :P + it could be even more fun as its ST round

Henrik 18 Oct 2011 17:38

Gal def eta 6 would be ok if 2 ticks def, else its retarded.

And then no reason to make gals just make one big gal where everyone can attack eachother. ^^