Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Round 26 Predictions? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196170)

Sun_Tzu 2 Mar 2008 17:30

Round 26 Predictions?

Time to usher in the new round by asking you all; who's going to stop ND from getting their hattrick? Who's everyones money on for the upcoming round? Where will all the Urwins go, long time passing? Jenova are returning, there's rumours about Omen coming back, how will these two effect the dynamics? Will CT grow some balls, will xVx have any members left after their abyssmal showing, will Rock once more prove to be such a valueable asset to whomever is aiming at the top?

What do you think?

Gate 2 Mar 2008 18:21

Re: Round 26 Predictions?

We need to know who is playing first.

From this round's showing:

1) Ascendancy
2) CT
3) ND
4) Jenova
5) xVx

If the Urwins core go to one of those alliances, move them up. If Omen play, put them on top.

I think asc will stop ND. ND having a better record run than eXi or 1up may be considered unacceptable and is certainly unrepresentative of their relative abilities.

Ofc, I expect a few new allies, meaning that any current predictions are just something to laugh at in the future.

[B5]Londo 2 Mar 2008 18:39

despite shaking up the universe with their innovative strategy, Asc ultimately was not at the top of the pile in R25, do u have any reason for saying they will do better next round?

U also think very little of Jen imo

Mzyxptlk 2 Mar 2008 18:42

Why people continue to put Ascendancy down as potentially winning alliance is beyond me.

MiniMoose 2 Mar 2008 19:07

Shaking the game up a bit is more important than winning nowadays. Actually leads to some sort of fun :)

As for who will win, no real idea but I think someone will stop ND this time.

Gate 2 Mar 2008 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B5]Londo
despite shaking up the universe with their innovative strategy, Asc ultimately was not at the top of the pile in R25, do u have any reason for saying they will do better next round?

Ascendancy have some phenominal players and can come up with very clever strategies. Asc were slowed massively by the early SKing; if they manage to avoid early conflict next round they could easily race past the other alliances.

After all, Asc are the only none-eX alliance to beat 1up in PaX history.

Especially if they gain another 5-10 great players from the collapse of Urwins and any other alliances that drop out.

VenoX 2 Mar 2008 19:23

1. Jenova
2. ND
3. ASC
4. CT
5. Some new/old ally maybe
6. xVx
7. TOF

Expecting Jen to be very well organised/strong (been planning this comeback for over a round now or so i hear). ND always plays politics well and have a strong loyal core. ASC will be a pain in the ass like usual. Loads of rumours about new allies so reserved #5 for one of them. Not sure if xVx can repeat this rounds showing. TOF returning too or so i hear, could weaken CT maybe but still expect both to do "well". But 'sif i know anything anyway.

Zaejii 2 Mar 2008 19:34

hey Venox, a little bird (an annoying one at that ;)) wanted me to ask if thats your own ally at #5 :D

as an aside, i certainly hope that new Subh merge alliance does well this round (maybe top 5). they seem to be putting forth a good amount of effort on tools and such, and actually have some good people playing for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Why people continue to put Ascendancy down as potentially winning alliance is beyond me.

^.^

VenoX 2 Mar 2008 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaejii
hey Venox, a little bird (an annoying one at that ;)) wanted me to ask if thats your own ally at #5 :D

If i was predicting my own ally, it wud be at #1 ofc.

Plenty of rumours about "new allies" going round, figured one must end t10 right?

Kargool 2 Mar 2008 19:51

I am only gonna predict this. Jenova wont win round 26.

[ND]Byrney 2 Mar 2008 19:59

In light of rumours of The_Fish returning:

#1 ND

\o/

Willzzz 2 Mar 2008 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool

lol Bit bitter there kargool? Although i am with Jenova next round i also dont think they will win, although, i think they will be a tough force and a deffinate contender for first. You should see the team they have :p

zebra 2 Mar 2008 20:12

1. Ascend
2 - .... doesn't matter

Smudge 2 Mar 2008 20:18

1. Asc
2. ND
3. Jenova
4. CT
5. Urwins
6. Rock
7. xVx
8. Orbit
9. TGV
10. F-Crew

eksero 2 Mar 2008 20:18

1. Jenova
2. ND
3. CT
4. ASC
5. NOX

After recruiting lots of urwins and destiny players Jenova will be a #1 contender for sure, they will be hard to beat.

jerome 2 Mar 2008 20:41

Quote:

because potentially, we should be winning instead of being pathetic as we have done.

Reese 2 Mar 2008 21:01

1. nox
2. ASC
3. ND
4. Jenova
5. Subh

Foxman 2 Mar 2008 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reese
1. nox
2. ASC
3. ND
4. Jenova
5. Subh

i would love to win with less then 40 members, but i find that unlikely ;)

my list would be more like this:

#1 ND/Jen
#2 ND/Jen
#3 Asc
#4 CT
#5 xvx
-
-
-
10th or so - Nox.

isildurx 2 Mar 2008 21:13

Any alliance with foxman is doomed :(

Gate 2 Mar 2008 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxman
i would love to win with less then 40 members, but i find that unlikely ;)

Both eXilition and 1up have won with approximately 2/3rds of the numberlimit, so it's not a complete writeoff for you.

I have nfi whether you're up to 1up/eX standard or not though.

Foxman 2 Mar 2008 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx

any country with Isil is doomed :S

_Kila_ 2 Mar 2008 21:19

Quote:

Because you guys currently have the best group of players in the game.

isildurx 2 Mar 2008 21:21

Doesnt help if half the people in an alliance isnt playing though. Whats so changed about asc from r25 to r26?

_Kila_ 2 Mar 2008 21:34

I guess the people who predict that Asc will end high think that there will be more activity or something. *shrug*

The point is, if the winning alliance were decided purely based on the "skill" of it's members, Ascendancy would win. I guess that's the only thing that people are taking into account when posting these predictions.

Heartless 2 Mar 2008 21:56

The short rounds make it fairly difficult for Ascendancy to outperform the others. As such I think we will finish somewhere around rank 5 again.

Colt 2 Mar 2008 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx

so true, so true :);)

Kargool 2 Mar 2008 23:49

I guess someone should ask who the hell nox is.

[ND]Byrney 3 Mar 2008 00:08

Ok.

Who the hell are nox?

VenoX 3 Mar 2008 00:13

read foxmans post somewhere in the middle, it shud be pretty apparant.

HellKicker 3 Mar 2008 00:20

yes i mean alliances with 40 ppl in tag is very populare nowadays. It's actually more hip than those MissSixty pants that was invented 8 years ago or so. And those were skin tight.

I predict Foxman is making unrealistic predictions deliberately!

edit: syntax ftw

Foxman 3 Mar 2008 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellKicker
I predict Foxman is making unrealistic predictions deliberately!

i predict that Hellkicker got no clue whats going on :)

[ND]Byrney 3 Mar 2008 00:32

If by apparent you mean it tells us it's an alliance that will contain Foxman and less than 40 members then yes I suppose you're right.

Past that there's really no other information, unless I missed something.

Storebo 3 Mar 2008 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxman
i predict that Hellkicker got no clue whats going on :)

Nostredamus would envy your power Foxman.. cause that's dead right :P

lokken 3 Mar 2008 00:47

As ever it depends what Ascendancy does as to how much influence they have.

They certainly have the ideas and creativity; it's whether they have the activity and motivation to back that up in terms of imposing themselves on a round. Minimum, quite a few peoples rounds will be ruined by Ascendancy.

Nadar 3 Mar 2008 00:47

Quote:

Put $1000 on that bet and you'll win $0,1 :)

Wishmaster 3 Mar 2008 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken
As ever it depends what Ascendancy does as to how much influence they have.

They certainly have the ideas and creativity; it's whether they have the activity and motivation to back that up in terms of imposing themselves on a round. Minimum, quite a few peoples rounds will be ruined by Ascendancy.

I forged my fleet to be able to cover incs from asc.
I never feared any other ally than asc... ( JBG did his outmost to scare me ! ) :p
I knew that I could cover all incs thrown my way( have a reasonable chance of doing so atleast), cept from the sick masses of fleets asc would send :o

Sun_Tzu 3 Mar 2008 03:34

And in the end, we attacked you once Wish? Gotta say, you must be the sharpest tool out of all the tools I've seen. You're a real tool allright. Tool. Erm...tool.

Storebo 3 Mar 2008 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
And in the end, we attacked you once Wish? Gotta say, you must be the sharpest tool out of all the tools I've seen. You're a real tool allright. Tool. Erm...tool.

He must have done his job well then :o

Wishmaster 3 Mar 2008 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu

I think I had real asc incs once, and random asc incs 2 other times...

and tbh I dont care what u think, or what u base me being a "tool" on tzu, seing as ur not all that sharp urself.

The_Fish 3 Mar 2008 10:25

3 in a row.

Veedeejem! 3 Mar 2008 13:59

1) Whoever cares most and is hated least
2-4) Others
5) Asc (they have too many people who don't care or don't play in tag to finish higher)
6-10) Others

Mzyxptlk 3 Mar 2008 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_
I guess the people who predict that Asc will end high think that there will be more activity or something. *shrug*

Those people are retards. We don't even know if we're going to be active until we see the tag fill up (or not).

The_Fish 3 Mar 2008 15:19

Wow an alliance member underplaying his alliance's strength, I see AD has changed massively since I left.

TheBerk 3 Mar 2008 15:22

Not really, it appears that Asc do the same every round. There may be talk of 'Let's win this round!' but at the end of the day it normally goes wrong somewhere and everyone just dosses around.

Achilles 3 Mar 2008 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Fish
Wow an alliance member underplaying his alliance's strength, I see AD has changed massively since I left.

In this case mz is correct. Ascendancy is not like any other alliance. I don't mean this in the sense that it is better, because as far as winning PA goes it is much worse. In all honesty I never seen so many talented players achieve so little but I doubt I'm alone in saying I wouldn't have it any other way.

edit: Infact I would class Asc as more of a Collective than an Alliance.

The_Fish 3 Mar 2008 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles
In this case mz is correct. Ascendancy is not like any other alliance. I don't mean this in the sense that it is better, because as far as winning PA goes it is much worse. In all honesty I never seen so many talented players achieve so little but I doubt I'm alone in saying I wouldn't have it any other way.

edit: Infact I would class Asc as more of a Collective than an Alliance.

Whilst you still have so many talented players you will always be seen as a threat, whether or not you say (or indeed are) playing half heartedly, with such vast experience in the 'collective' people will always be wary of a round where you do decide to play more seriously.

Achilles 3 Mar 2008 16:10

That's true and I'm glad it's the case, would make for a very boring round otherwise. I was only posting to back mz up in the sense that he wasn't spreading propaganda. Indeed if certain people in Asc have their way and actually do some decent recruiting (yes jer, you) we could well be a threat next round. It's just that even we won't know until tick 200 whether that's the case.

JonnyBGood 3 Mar 2008 17:47

If everyone in ascendancy last round played with the same dedication they put into one of their say, best two or three rounds, we'd probably have won. However they don't and they rarely all do at the same time which is rather disappointing and at this stage something I find equal parts frustrating and boring. It's rather amusing that all the people who are officers and HCs elsewhere join ascendancy where the only thing they really have responsibility for running well is their own planet but they end up being too lazy to bother putting in the effort to make a good one.

I'd probably say ND again or maybe one of the new alliances depending on how they turn out. I think ND have an advantage these days in that community aspect of their alliance keeps people fairly well motivated all round so that they actually end up with close to as many players playing as started out pre-round which really is 90% of what you need to win at the minute.

Vladel 3 Mar 2008 20:03

It is hard ro say who could come out on top as there are many alliances vying for top spot but i believe ND will find it very hard to win again as the whole universe will be on them if they have any sense.

Thatcher 3 Mar 2008 20:06

Quote:

ahhhhh karf00l

cu next rd u newb :P

Jenova ftw