Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The best Alliance(s) this round (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=176924)

Dogs 26 Apr 2004 16:42

The best Alliance(s) this round

Who do you think are the best/most respected/worst/least respected alliances this round.

I think Phraktos are the best alliance this round, because they are new this round, they had lost a few HC's but managed to carry on, and infact become alot more organised/better/stronger than before, and is still getting even better due to the new HC take over and BC/DC structure.

I respect Vision the most because imho they seemed to fight alot harder than elysium, there organisation must of been brilliant and tbh i no way in a million years would of thought Vision could fight the way they did, even though they lost the round they fighted to the end, elysium did also but as i believe they gave up to early, even when elysium seemed to stop attacking Vision carried on until they literaly got exhausted and realised the big gals was to big to take and they might as well just give up (or am i wrong)? but still i respect you, to me you was the best alliance in your block, well done.

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 16:46

Re: The best Alliance(s) this round

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs
Who do you think are the best/most respected/worst/least respected alliances this round.

I think Phraktos are the best alliance this round, because they are new this round, they had lost a few HC's but managed to carry on, and infact become alot more organised/better/stronger than before, and is still getting even better due to the new HC take over and BC/DC structure.

I respect Vision the most because imho they seemed to fight alot harder than elysium, there organisation must of been brilliant and tbh i no way in a million years would of thought Vision could fight the way they did, even though they lost the round they fighted to the end, elysium did also but as i believe they gave up to early, even when elysium seemed to stop attacking Vision carried on until they literaly got exhausted and realised the big gals was to big to take and they might as well just give up (or am i wrong)? but still i respect you, to me you was the best alliance in your block, well done.

How on earth can you suggest any of the mpfw block are the best alliance - they simply have not been stretched in any way this round and you cannot therefore give an accurate representation of thier abilities when under fire.

I do not mean this as a criticsm of mpfw but there isn't a real way to determine how effective each alliance is (during this roun dI may add) until thier defences/moral/ability to fight back without overwhelming numbers have been tested.

I applaud anyone who isn't mpfw - you have fought like heroes (for the most part - I know there are crap shipjumpers/quitters etc) under incredibly diffcult circumstances.

Krush[Phraktos] 26 Apr 2004 16:49

yah I think we've done it pretteh well so far dogs O_o

we might have had a slightly political advantage compared to the 'non-fpm', but then again, isn't the game about politics as well? ;)

The two alliances with the most balls must be vgn and vision O_o

Anaram 26 Apr 2004 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzelaar
How on earth can you suggest any of the mpfw block are the best alliance - they simply have not been stretched in any way this round and you cannot therefore give an accurate representation of thier abilities when under fire.

I do not mean this as a criticsm of mpfw but there isn't a real way to determine how effective each alliance is (during this roun dI may add) until thier defences/moral/ability to fight back without overwhelming numbers have been tested.

I applaud anyone who isn't mpfw - you have fought like heroes (for the most part - I know there are crap shipjumpers/quitters etc) under incredibly diffcult circumstances.

I will have to agree with this, and add that this appears to be the case almost always with the first blockfight of a round - one block has clearly superior numbers. During rounds which have seen second or even third fight, there has occasionally been 'real' tests for alliances.

During a round like this, you could evaluate an alliance by their abilities to keep all members active, cover attacks with multiple waves etc. (EDIT: I don't mean coverings incomings, I mean geting one's own attacks covered)

Kal 26 Apr 2004 16:54

hmm I vote for Vision, NoS, FAnG

Vision becuase they fight hard and allways seem to amange to defend against me.

NoS becuase I left them for dead before this round and they have bounced back nicly.

FAnG becuase they have been the #1 alliance for the whole round and there has to this point never been a serious threat to that.

SYMM 26 Apr 2004 16:55

Dunno why Vision's determination should surprise anyone after what happened to their allies (well VMM at least...) in R9....can't speak for this round though :(

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal
hmm I vote for Vision, NoS, FAnG

FAnG becuase they have been the #1 alliance for the whole round and there has to this point never been a serious threat to that.

Surely being in that position is something that quantifies how good an alliance you are?

I do not disregard FAnG's attacking ability in any way - their universe position speaks for itsself, but as yet I have seen no-one put them under any pressure to test the mettle so to speak of thier ability to hold together when things become tough.

Tomkat 26 Apr 2004 17:04

Quote:

By your logic though mazz, the alliances would need to be in a losing position, or a position where they were under constant fire, to be truly "stretched". And a good alliance will do their best to not be in that position.

I don't really know who the "best" alliance is. I am MISTU, so nominating my own alliance would be quite biased. Pity we had two-thirds the members of most other alliances though. Quality not Quantity though, right? ;)

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
By your logic though mazz, the alliances would need to be in a losing position, or a position where they were under constant fire, to be truly "stretched". And a good alliance will do their best to not be in that position.

I don't really know who the "best" alliance is. I am MISTU, so nominating my own alliance would be quite biased. Pity we had two-thirds the members of most other alliances though. Quality not Quantity though, right? ;)

not really

I use the example of Eclipse mainly due to having had experience of it. In round 10 Eclipse came under massive amounts of fire from FAnG etc and managed to beat them to the finish line. It is this sort of situation I am talking about. Although Eclipse finished among the top alliances of Round 10 then showed spirit when under heavy fire throughout the round and in no way were in the position FAnG currently find themselves in.

I also point you towards FLVT to a lesser extent in round 6 although thier respite mainly came from the breakup of FoS/XETA.

Kal 26 Apr 2004 17:21

Quote:

Surely being in that position is something that quantifies how good an alliance you are?

I do not disregard FAnG's attacking ability in any way - their universe position speaks for itsself, but as yet I have seen no-one put them under any pressure to test the mettle so to speak of thier ability to hold together when things become tough.

well politcal ability, attacking ability etc are all par tof what makes an alliance good

Legator 26 Apr 2004 17:23

no surprise for me that people name vision. as i said very often, most underestimanted power - in every round they played.

and they have balls others dont have.

Illogical 26 Apr 2004 17:47

i vote Vision

Vision - Always seem to be active enough and still dedicated even when losing to organise defence and attacks

was originally voting Newdawn, then forgot that they have managed to get away without being bashed down to nothingness due to managing to fencesit at the start until the war got too tough

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal
well politcal ability, attacking ability etc are all par tof what makes an alliance good

Exactly my point. No-one can't doubt the FAnG of this round in those areas, but as you say they are "part of what makes an alliances good" and as yet I have to see any other parts proven. Not through any fault of thier own I may add, but siply because this is a game of numbers and MPF have, without any doubt whatsoever, the numbers on thier side meaning that at no point will these other areas be tested.

xtothez 26 Apr 2004 18:03

Quote:

I have to disagree completely here. You can't claim they managed to 'carry on' when all they had to do was keep hold of their already significant advantage with the help of existing allies. They haven't been stretched by co-ordinated incoming since basically the first week or two of the round. Their IRC activity has dropped to about half of what it was at the start of the round (from average ~60 online users to ~35).
I think the main achievement you can be credited for lately was dissuading fang from taking advantage of your internal command issues.

Quote:

I respect Vision...

Now here I agree. Vision have been into this round from day 1, always taking the most targets and hitting the enemy hardest. I have nothing but respect for their dedication displayed this round. And yes, they have done better than Ely.

Razorback 26 Apr 2004 18:14

Is the round already over or why are ppl already smoking the fat lady ?
I for one, and im sure the majority of players agree, hope that the blocks split up and we see who the best of the best is on the final race for the cup.

If they dont, we dont need a best of the best since there was no opposition or any major fight involved.
This conclusion is drawn from the current situation, none of the mpf block had atleast any noteworthy opposion or constant incomings, admitted by their own members and command before someone attempts to fame that statement.

So start kicking the $h1t before you pat yourself on the back.

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorback
Is the round already over or why are ppl already smoking the fat lady ?
I for one, and im sure the majority of players agree, hope that the blocks split up and we see who the best of the best is on the final race for the cup.

Simply not going to happen. Each one is far too scared of the other one taking their roids.

Synthetic_Sid 26 Apr 2004 18:26

I'd also rate Vision as the alliance that has most impressed me this round. At start of round I'd expected them to be the weak link in the ELV group - but they've proved to be the strongest link. Elysium have, frankly, disappointed. LCH have never struck me as totally committed to the war.

Fang/Mistu/Phraktos have never yet had the chance to demonstrate how impressive they are/aren't this round - largely through no fault of their own as the expected opposition never really lived up to it's advance billing. Mistu, as the smaller of the three, have no real option but to play second-fiddle to one of the others - and it seems they've decided to let Fang set their political agenda. What surprised me most about FMP is that Phraktos apparently show no desire to finish #1 alliance in the rankings - I'd thought they were more ambitious than to settle for an uncontested 2nd place.

Needless to say, Wolfpack haven't impressed at all. Their HC seem more divided, unambitious and inactive than I'd have expected. Now they have the chance to show what they're really like - I hope their members are of a higher quality than their HC or they'll be dead in a few days (other than those in MFP galaxies who defect/go temporarily inactive to save their skins).

Whether the round gets interesting now depends mainly on Phraktos - do their HC (whatever's left of it) have the courage to try for #1 spot? Either by openly breaking with Fang/Mistu or even by temporarily ordering their members not to defend in-galaxy if there's no inbound on the Phraktos while they decide what they're doing politically. Frankly I doubt Phraktos HC have the ambition or courage to take advantage of the opportunity presented to them - but I'd love to be proved wrong. Such a fight would guarantee that whichever of PH/Fang finished #1 (and one of them still would) would actually have earned the place fairly and squarely - through skill not just sheer weight of numbers - but I think we have 1 alliance (fang) who want #1 at any cost, and 2 more (phraktos/mistu) who would settle for safe 2nd/3rd spot respectively. Mistu i can't really blame - they don't have the number (or quality) of members to do better, but it seems defeatist of Phraktos to me.

ND also deserve a mention - after their early round fence-sitting they've put up a decent fight. No other alliances have really impressed me.

Kal 26 Apr 2004 18:26

Quote:

Exactly my point. No-one can't doubt the FAnG of this round in those areas, but as you say they are "part of what makes an alliances good" and as yet I have to see any other parts proven. Not through any fault of thier own I may add, but siply because this is a game of numbers and MPF have, without any doubt whatsoever, the numbers on thier side meaning that at no point will these other areas be tested.

hence why i gave 3 answers 3 different reasons :D

Guran 26 Apr 2004 18:35

Most respected: Vision
Least respected: FAnG

Illogical 26 Apr 2004 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guran
Most respected: Vision
Least respected: FAnG

FAnG aint as bas as WP, they havent really backstabbed anyone, WP are the ones going around looking for allies to attack FAnG not other way around

Razorback 26 Apr 2004 18:47

back on the topic

best: Vision, show of dedication and stamina

worst: Fang, "pa first no winning at all costs" slogans seem now so shallow and hillarious

comedy option: Eclipse, atleast we didnt pay for this misery.

Shaithess 26 Apr 2004 19:06

I have to say, that from the FAnG members I've talked to, I seem to be having far more fun than they are (including various comments like 'this round suxx... Sooo boring' or similar), and I believe this is thanks to ND. We took a while as major targets for FPM (I've had 92 incoming hostile fleets, and most of those I've had confirmed as FPM :)).

VsN seem to be well respected as well, and NoS seem to have done well with an excellent average score for their size.

I also give respect to Valhalla for seeming to take in a lot of new players, giving them a chance to learn the game with the support of a decent-sized alliance, pld to 'em :)

However, I'm an uninformed pe0n, so don't mind me :D

Barrow|Pony 26 Apr 2004 19:13

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but Shish is pathetic.

I don't care if they're a joke alliance, or a real one. Its just bad.

Kjeldoran 26 Apr 2004 19:43

Quote:

we have not been stretched this round, I agree. The question however was, what alliance the best alliance this round. According to ingame ranks, FAnG. I mean, sure you can say 500 reasons why we suck etc, but in the end we're #1 atm.

The Irakese pple didn't win their war either did they? Alot of pple might sympathise them, but America won, Not Irak.

simple really.

rgds Kj

Kjeldoran 26 Apr 2004 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
I'd also rate Vision as the alliance that has most impressed me this round. At start of round I'd expected them to be the weak link in the ELV group - but they've proved to be the strongest link. Elysium have, frankly, disappointed. LCH have never struck me as totally committed to the war.

Fang/Mistu/Phraktos have never yet had the chance to demonstrate how impressive they are/aren't this round - largely through no fault of their own as the expected opposition never really lived up to it's advance billing. Mistu, as the smaller of the three, have no real option but to play second-fiddle to one of the others - and it seems they've decided to let Fang set their political agenda. What surprised me most about FMP is that Phraktos apparently show no desire to finish #1 alliance in the rankings - I'd thought they were more ambitious than to settle for an uncontested 2nd place.

Needless to say, Wolfpack haven't impressed at all. Their HC seem more divided, unambitious and inactive than I'd have expected. Now they have the chance to show what they're really like - I hope their members are of a higher quality than their HC or they'll be dead in a few days (other than those in MFP galaxies who defect/go temporarily inactive to save their skins).

Whether the round gets interesting now depends mainly on Phraktos - do their HC (whatever's left of it) have the courage to try for #1 spot? Either by openly breaking with Fang/Mistu or even by temporarily ordering their members not to defend in-galaxy if there's no inbound on the Phraktos while they decide what they're doing politically. Frankly I doubt Phraktos HC have the ambition or courage to take advantage of the opportunity presented to them - but I'd love to be proved wrong. Such a fight would guarantee that whichever of PH/Fang finished #1 (and one of them still would) would actually have earned the place fairly and squarely - through skill not just sheer weight of numbers - but I think we have 1 alliance (fang) who want #1 at any cost, and 2 more (phraktos/mistu) who would settle for safe 2nd/3rd spot respectively. Mistu i can't really blame - they don't have the number (or quality) of members to do better, but it seems defeatist of Phraktos to me.

ND also deserve a mention - after their early round fence-sitting they've put up a decent fight. No other alliances have really impressed me.

you got a good point there. I've talked to some of your former collegues, like Germania, who were in a comparable situation. When you are at the top position and wanna finish first (which I don't deny we wanna) then I only see downsides to backstabbing an ally which could risk us our rank. I might sound selfish (hey, I'm called selfish for years now nway) but it's the truth.

It's not utpo FanG to act really. We concentrate on every target which is not FMP. If phraktos or MISTU wish to end their relations with us, then that's another scenario though.

I mean, would WEET have broken up if WP didn't break the agreement? I'm sure you can all say "yes we would" but fact is nobody really knows.

rgds Kj

Razorback 26 Apr 2004 19:55

i certainly do know that weet would have broken up :)

BoredOfThis 26 Apr 2004 20:07

everyone is going to vote for their alliance so uve just made a poll to see which alliance has the most members :/

Synthetic_Sid 26 Apr 2004 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
we have not been stretched this round, I agree. The question however was, what alliance the best alliance this round. According to ingame ranks, FAnG. I mean, sure you can say 500 reasons why we suck etc, but in the end we're #1 atm.

You miss the point entirely. The topic was which alliance was the best/has impressed the most - not which alliance has the most score. If the topic was purely about score then it would be a totally pointless thread - as the universe list tells us that, and the answer's FAng. If you want to argue how FAng has been the best alliance this roun, you can't base it on score - as if score were what counted the topic starter wouldn't have been asking a question in the first place.

In response to your answer to my post, yes - to a large extent I agree with you. FAng has the least reason of any of MFP to split up the block. You've been honest enough to admit that #1 in the ingame alliance rankings matters far more to you than having fun, being respected etc. I think there's every chance you'll achieve your objectives - you'll be #1 in ingame alliance rankings at end of round, but noone will respect you as an alliance and your members won't feel like they've had any challenge/fun. If that's a price you and your members feel is worth paying then you've chosen precisely the best path to achieve your goals.

What is less clear to me is what Phraktos are up to. I can (just about) understand why FAngers will sacrifice fun/challenge/respect for #1 alliance ranking. But to do it for #2 ranking?

The-Matrix 26 Apr 2004 20:27

no one the winning alliances had it easy and the ones on the losing side haven't done anything my top10 gal have had a gal attack once this round and i think that was all covered in about half an hour very dull indeed noone has impressed me at all.

Nitros 26 Apr 2004 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Matrix
no one the winning alliances had it easy and the ones on the losing side haven't done anything my top10 gal have had a gal attack once this round and i think that was all covered in about half an hour very dull indeed noone has impressed me at all.

big boy

Ace 26 Apr 2004 20:31

Quote:

*snip*

I too think vision earns a lot of respect, they are a very good group of ppl.

Don't really agree with you on you remarks about ely and lch.

Kjeldoran 26 Apr 2004 20:34

Quote:

You miss the point entirely. The topic was which alliance was the best/has impressed the most - not which alliance has the most score. If the topic was purely about score then it would be a totally pointless thread - as the universe list tells us that, and the answer's FAng. If you want to argue how FAng has been the best alliance this roun, you can't base it on score - as if score were what counted the topic starter wouldn't have been asking a question in the first place.

In response to your answer to my post, yes - to a large extent I agree with you. FAng has the least reason of any of MFP to split up the block. You've been honest enough to admit that #1 in the ingame alliance rankings matters far more to you than having fun, being respected etc. I think there's every chance you'll achieve your objectives - you'll be #1 in ingame alliance rankings at end of round, but noone will respect you as an alliance and your members won't feel like they've had any challenge/fun. If that's a price you and your members feel is worth paying then you've chosen precisely the best path to achieve your goals.

What is less clear to me is what Phraktos are up to. I can (just about) understand why FAngers will sacrifice fun/challenge/respect for #1 alliance ranking. But to do it for #2 ranking?

It's not about mission the point tbh. The question was: what is the best alliance of the round. According to what pple (and thus me aswell) rank alliances on, it's roids, score, avg score, politics, attacks, ...

On all of those areas, we simply score highest (atm) so for me that's enough to claim whatI did.

I wanna reply on the things you wrote about sacrefizing fun. I can't ofc speak for any other player, but I for one had more fun this round then I had in r8 and 9 added together. It's personal ofc, but I just love my time atm and our #1 is partly the reason of that, amongst many other things.

I wouldn't say we throw away all the fun to end first. You cannot deny that being a top player and having a nice fleet and nice roids doesn't bring you fun. It's not the ONLY parameter of fun, which is higly subjective nway, but it are some. I for one don't give the slightest bit about my planet or the game. I enjoy far more about alliances, politics, etc. So I personally don't mind not having a decent target in a week or never bothering checking whether I have incomings or not ...

This is just personal though, I'm sure other pple have other standards to measure fun with.

rgds Kj

Barrow|Pony 26 Apr 2004 20:36

If you apply your "#1 rankings" theory to your "Irakese" analogy - then the United States is the best and most impressive country in the world.

While I might agree, it isnt so cut and dry.

The number one alliance in Planetarion has tradtionally taken advantage of opportunites presented them on both militaristic and political levels - FAnG had the oppotunity to join en mass with other similar large groups and seized that opportunity. Like it or not, the all-too-common argument that says FAnG is a superior alliance because it tops the rankings holds no water. You are on top of the rankings because no other 99 member alliance had the opportunity, the motivation, or any reason whatsoever to create a huge 'superblock' at the beginning of the round.

Hardly impressive.

Kjeldoran 26 Apr 2004 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
If you apply your "#1 rankings" theory to your "Irakese" analogy - then the United States is the best and most impressive country in the world.

While I might agree, it isnt so cut and dry.

The number one alliance in Planetarion has tradtionally taken advantage of opportunites presented them on both militaristic and political levels - FAnG had the oppotunity to join en mass with other similar large groups and seized that opportunity. Like it or not, the all-too-common argument that says FAnG is a superior alliance because it tops the rankings holds no water. You are on top of the rankings because no other 99 member alliance had the opportunity, the motivation, or any reason whatsoever to create a huge 'superblock' at the beginning of the round.

Hardly impressive.

I don't really play to impress you. Whether we had a chance to prove ourself or not, isn't our fault. I think the blame lies more with the enemies then with FAnG.

And I know the analogy with Irak is different (as it is real life), but it was to prove my point that everyone hates america now for what they did in Irak (which was no challenge at all either), nonetheless you cannot dispute that they are the most powerfull country atm. That was the point I tried to prove.

rgds Kj

Riddim 26 Apr 2004 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illogical

was originally voting Newdawn, then forgot that they have managed to get away without being bashed down to nothingness due to managing to fencesit at the start until the war got too tough

crap
but np if it's coming from u :p

Synthetic_Sid 26 Apr 2004 21:09

Quote:

It's not about mission the point tbh. The question was: what is the best alliance of the round. According to what pple (and thus me aswell) rank alliances on, it's roids, score, avg score, politics, attacks, ...

On all of those areas, we simply score highest (atm) so for me that's enough to claim whatI did.

I wanna reply on the things you wrote about sacrefizing fun. I can't ofc speak for any other player, but I for one had more fun this round then I had in r8 and 9 added together. It's personal ofc, but I just love my time atm and our #1 is partly the reason of that, amongst many other things.

I wouldn't say we throw away all the fun to end first. You cannot deny that being a top player and having a nice fleet and nice roids doesn't bring you fun. It's not the ONLY parameter of fun, which is higly subjective nway, but it are some. I for one don't give the slightest bit about my planet or the game. I enjoy far more about alliances, politics, etc. So I personally don't mind not having a decent target in a week or never bothering checking whether I have incomings or not ...

This is just personal though, I'm sure other pple have other standards to measure fun with.

rgds Kj

You still aren't getting the point. If the questio nwas which alliance is winning, or even which alliance is DOING the best then the answer would be FAng - as those are pretty objective questions. Which alliance IS the best is a far more subjective question - and hence far more open to debate. When commenting on that, the question I'm trying to answer is along the lines of "In an identical political/military situation which alliance would do the best". That's a question it's very hard to answer as so far this round it's been very hard for any alliance to demonstrate any particluar ability.

You'll note that in my original post in this thread i referred to Vision as the alliance that had impressed me the most - I carefully stayed short of saying I though they were the best. This is for two reasons: firstly the degree to which alliances have impressed me is based on a comparison of their actual performance compared to what I expected - and hence immediately not unbiased. I didn't expect much from Vision and so was pleasasntly surprised by their actual performance. I always expected FAng to be somewhere in the top handful of alliances - hence you'd need to do far more to impress me. And what you have done, given the lack of opposition (not your fault entirely) doesn't demonstrate any particularly exceptional ability. That your average score/roids isn't significantly any different to Phraktos' suggests that the quality of your memebers are very similar - your #1 ranking is due to your slightly larger quantity of members.

Is FAng winning? Yes.
Is FAng "doing the best"? Almost certainly.
Is Fang the best alliance? No evidence to really comment on this either way. Given MFP have been together all round the average score/roids would suggest you and Phraktos are of pretty similar quality - and a bit better than Mistu. But there's no way of comparing your quality to that of alliances on the other side.

Shaithess 26 Apr 2004 21:23

I can safely say, Sid > Kj.

IMO, the argument over best alliance...

If one alliance had a great time, with, say, 50 members, fought well, but eventually went down to a pair of alliances with similar numbers of members but hundreds of bot planets to back them up. Which would be the 'best' alliance? It's an extreme example, but my opinion would be the smaller alliance. This method of opinion can be applied to the current situation (not, I'm not implying FPM use bot planets, or even that they cheat in any way, it's an extreme example)

TehVader 26 Apr 2004 21:25

My vote goes to Vision, they've seemed to hold it together really well during the whole round, and from what I can see they're still one of the alliances that contributes the most to the war against fmp. :) GG Vision.

As for ND fencesitting in the beginning, that must've been the protection period :/. Granted we didn't side with ELV at first and it took us longer than it should have to throw our support to them, but we still had our share of incs from fmp.

Barrow|Pony 26 Apr 2004 22:03

What is this ND fence sitting stuff?

I just have absolutely no idea where its coming from.

Synthetic_Sid 26 Apr 2004 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
What is this ND fence sitting stuff?

I just have absolutely no idea where its coming from.

Hmm, i could be being unfair. My understanding was that, for a while, ND were napped to mfp/w - and actually had access to some shared channel to arrange recalls etc. If that information in untrue then please accept my apologies - as you'll appreciate i'm ab it out of the loop on politics :)

Getting back to the issue of "best" alliance, maybe an analogy would be apt. Think of this round as a football match with 2 teams - and best alliance as a "Man of the Match" award. Man of the Match award generally go to someone on the winning team - but that is not always the case where exceptional skill has been shown by someone on the losing side. In this instance the MFP "team" fielded a normal football team - only to find out their opponents thought they were playing 5-a-side. The result, therefore, was a foregone conclusion. To insist the man of the match award MUST go to someone on the winning side, in such a situation, would be perverse.

Of course it's now half-time with the MFP team well ahead. What remains to be seen is whether the 2nd half will retain the same odds, or whether some transferring of players will happen so everyone can actually have a game of football.

TehVader 26 Apr 2004 22:20

Apology accepted. :)

Kjeldoran 26 Apr 2004 22:21

can I add not to count WP with fmp? For one, we never were allied and infact we are actively hitting WP atm, looking at their roidcount which has only dropped the past few days and the gap between MISTU and WP kinda got halved.

so plz leave W from the blockname, as they never were a partner of FAnG

rgds Kj

The_Fish 26 Apr 2004 22:22

Because we hate Ely and didnt side with them at the beginning, I guess.

We are hardly allied with FAnG etc, and I dont see how we've fencesat after declaring our hatred for them.

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 22:30

Quote:

can I add not to count WP with fmp? For one, we never were allied and infact we are actively hitting WP atm, looking at their roidcount which has only dropped the past few days and the gap between MISTU and WP kinda got halved.

rgds Kj

Why were we constantly told to recall from your planets then?

Kal 26 Apr 2004 22:33

Quote:

for fun?

Kjeldoran 26 Apr 2004 22:37

Quote:

heh, you're stupid if you did then :D

I never recalled when a WP begged to recall

rgds Kj

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal
for fun?

That would be it, I guess I missed out :/

Synthetic_Sid 26 Apr 2004 22:39

Quote:

rgds Kj

Oh, noone doubts W aren't part of FMP. But claiming they were never a partner of Fang is stretching the truth rather. Or are you denying that Fang/WP had a Nap up until a few days ago - a nap that, at FAng's request, included not defending galaxy members against the other alliance. A Nap that went further, in fact, than the deal between WP and Phraktos/Mistu. Is that all a figment of my imagination? Have the fang and WP members who had been ordered not to attack one another (or even to recall) all been lieing to me?

By many people's definition that would constitute a partnership - after all you were attacking the same people and had agreed not to attack one another or defend against one another. Maybe your cooperation wasn't as full as with Mistu/Phraktos but for all practical purposes you were allied to WP for a fair portion of the round so far. Now you've decided to roid them - in the hopes that'll keep your members (and more importantly Phraktos) happy for long enough that your #1 spot isn't in jeopardy.

Note: I'm NOT accusing you of back-stabbing WP (and tbh back-stabbing isn't as bad a thing in PA as some like to make out). WP had their chances to affect the outcome of the round and their abysmal leadership ensured they made no impact. That they were stupid enough to rely on verbal agreements with FMP - with no underlying goodwill, and no detailed terms, is sufficient in itself to earn them a good roiding. They tried to fence-sit, now they're finding out just how painful splinters can be.

But lay off the Bill Clinton impression.

"I did not have relations with that alliance". Yes you did.

Synthetic_Sid 26 Apr 2004 22:41

Quote:

rgds Kj

I have to say, I'm only just realising HOW much of a twat you are. The members of your alliance have my condolences.

mazzelaar 26 Apr 2004 22:43

Quote:

rgds Kj

Ah - that old FAnG arrogance. If you weren't such a dick I could probably get on with you.

Don't give it that load of crap. Irvine was wetting his pants on a couple of occasions. The whole "Bitches" saga was when FAnG HC were bleating at GrandPaw to get me to recall from one of your members. Your incessant avoiding of major points with "we do as we like", "we are #1 if you don't like it you can go away" "everyone flames us cos we are jealous" becomes unbelievably tiresome.

It's about time you grew up a little and stop trying to show what a stand up guy you are on AD because, to be frank, you just come accross as a bloody minded little man with little of interest to say other than the same old blinkered view day in, day out.

Kj - change the record cos the dancefloor is dying. :D