Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Strategic Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Round 49 Stats (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199840)

Appocomaster 20 Sep 2012 20:55

Round 49 Stats

...Any offers, ideas, etc?

Mzyxptlk 20 Sep 2012 21:04

Re: Round 49 Stats

I think you should wait until 3 days before round start. ;)

Reincarnate 20 Sep 2012 21:35

i'll give it a shot

Paisley 20 Sep 2012 22:26

Ive had a shot ... let someone else do them

Killeah 21 Sep 2012 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3218535)
Ive had a shot ... let someone else do them

It was imo a good shot, unless someone didn't care/agree to tell you yet.

Been a quite balanced round race wise, and quite satisfying to single attack.

Kaiba 21 Sep 2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killeah (Post 3218549)
It was imo a good shot, unless someone didn't care/agree to tell you yet.

Been a quite balanced round race wise, and quite satisfying to single attack.

Totally agree with this, your stats played well. Lots of fun and i so wish i had gone Xan DE in hindsight!!!

Kaiba 21 Sep 2012 18:41

Appocomaster whoever makes them can we have the same style again. Like 70% St, 30% MT. Its a nice mix, leaves gaps but not too many. Makes you think about race choice

Monroe 21 Sep 2012 20:21

I do agree that mostly ST is the way to go, what I am not happy about with this round's stats are the near complete reliance on EMP for defens, but that's just me.

Kaiba 21 Sep 2012 20:38

Reliance on emp?

Fi - Kills by Apps (not emp)
Co - killed by Vindicators (not emp)
De - killed by tycoon/wyvern (not emp)
Fr - killed by Banshees/Harpies (not emp)
Cr - killed by Dragons (not emp)
BS - killed by Shadows/Drakes+ DE flak (not emp)

If you were nearly reliant on emp then maybe you set up your strategy wrong?

The only Class that wasnt stopped by alliance defence was really DE which is why FOCKER lolwaves were so effective

gzambo 21 Sep 2012 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218590)
Reliance on emp?

Fi - Kills by Apps (not emp) but dies in the process but let's not sweat that little detail
Co - killed by Vindicators (not emp)
De - killed by tycoon/wyvern (not emp) can't be sent by ally unless ingal
Fr - killed by Banshees/Harpies (not emp)
Cr - killed by Dragons (not emp)
BS - killed by Shadows/Drakes+ DE flak (not emp) assuming they are not killed by the attacking bs

If you were nearly reliant on emp then maybe you set up your strategy wrong?

The only Class that wasnt stopped by alliance defence was really DE which is why FOCKER lolwaves were so effective

I know your trying really hard to be CAPTAIN OBVIOUS but unfortunately intelligence is proving to be your kryptonite

Killeah 21 Sep 2012 21:07

paste him some news reports, so he can see for a fact that FI was the main charge ;)

Patrikc 21 Sep 2012 22:41

Bs isn't 'stopped' by Shadow/Drake (Shadow doesn't even target it, but let's assume you meant Peacekeeper) unless you send at least twice the value. I'd call that a 'reliance on emp'.

Other than that I agree, EMP doesn't really play much of a role this round. Cat has very little synergy with other races, and Co is hit by 4 classes (while all others are only hit by 2). Stats aren't particularly good, but it's easy to roid which means it's at least not a stagnant round.

And Ter is a little weak defensively, being hit by almost everything (though they're a beast on attacks).

My take on these stats (which were actually finished before this round started, so I might change one or two things based on how it played out).

RexDrax 22 Sep 2012 01:33

The stats were not bad overall. It definitely made for interesting times and they were quite a bit offensive so lots of roid movement.

Can I suggest that whoever is the stats maker for r49 doesnt pull stats out of their (_*_) but instead use previous round stats with some tweaks changes so they are better.

Kaiba 22 Sep 2012 08:38

Yes i meant Peacekeepers patrikc sorry. The thing with Xan was tho the fake meant ppl had to calc in your shadows and tzens too. Made covering bs quite easy in the end, hence why the only things landing now is CO and DE, the 2 most difficult to cover as no one bothered building vindicators for 700 ticks and DE is just a beast on attacks

Blue_Esper 22 Sep 2012 08:49

i think etd could have done with a cloak class ship

Tiamat101 22 Sep 2012 19:56

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...npyUi1FMl9ZaWc

Someone take that use it, test it , change it. Its a new set of stats something thats not as worse as the past round stats that got so ****ed by the Fr Class.

BloodyButcher 22 Sep 2012 20:04

Id make the stats if i got the offer ;)

Kaiba 22 Sep 2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiamat101 (Post 3218646)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...npyUi1FMl9ZaWc

Someone take that use it, test it , change it. Its a new set of stats something thats not as worse as the past round stats that got so ****ed by the Fr Class.

Stop making stats with CR/BS class Xan - its wrong and we all hate it!!!!

Blue_Esper 23 Sep 2012 00:04

I'd like to see 3 pods for each race plz :D

ArcChas 23 Sep 2012 02:44

Why not do something *really* stupid and have a pods-only round? That way we can all just launch 3 attack fleets every time they get back to base and we don't have to worry about being online because defence won't be possible (instead of just being difficult).

Yes, I know I'm being ridiculous but there will be some suggestions made here which will be only slightly less so.

Patrikc 23 Sep 2012 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218648)
Stop making stats with CR/BS class Xan - its wrong and we all hate it!!!!

Speak for yourself please.

Tiamat101 23 Sep 2012 04:46

I wanted to change up the stats a bit to make it different than all other MT cookie-cutter rounds. But as always the 1st person to say something is always Kiaba, someone who "quit" twice and isn't playing now... but still wants to be active on the forums like his opinion still matters.

Kaiba 23 Sep 2012 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiamat101 (Post 3218680)
I wanted to change up the stats a bit to make it different than all other MT cookie-cutter rounds. But as always the 1st person to say something is always Kiaba, someone who "quit" twice and isn't playing now... but still wants to be active on the forums like his opinion still matters.

a) Its Kaiba

b) I have played the whole of this round

c) I havent seen you make a good set of stats yet

Patrikc i do apologise for speaking for the playerbase there. When in the past Xan Cr/Bs has been touted in stats it has not gone down well and has not been decent when played.

Xan has the worst research out of all the races so why add another big research on for them to do to give them a playing option, thats not right.

If we stick to the setup of how the races are described then Xan is light weight, yet quick - hence no Cr/Bs class.

Kaiba 23 Sep 2012 09:39

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DMzZUb3c#gid=0

This is a set of ST stats i made while back... if anyone likes them then add the MT changes in a reply and i can edit them in

Hunterrrr 23 Sep 2012 09:43

Make xan playable so we can go all xan!

Appocomaster 23 Sep 2012 15:14

More looking for stats than discussions on "oh I'd do them if offered". More a fan of this style of round (though yes, app needed init 4 not init 5 :()

3 pod stats is more MT I think

Shev 23 Sep 2012 15:18

This round has had some major issues. I'd venture that it's more down to the near removal of salvage for any high value planets than anything else though. If salvage is going to stay at it's current level, then XP needs to be tweaked downwards to match as currently crashing (and I mean really huge crashes, not just losing a little) for roids on bigger planets is just too feasible.

I need to note that my planet hasn't been higher than 300 this round until very recently so this isn't a personal issue, but something I've observed all around. This game and it's communities are based around the act of defence, and in a lot of cases it's simply impossible for people with bigger planets to do so without the prospect of abandoning their own goals.

Kaiba 23 Sep 2012 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster (Post 3218694)
More looking for stats than discussions on "oh I'd do them if offered". More a fan of this style of round (though yes, app needed init 4 not init 5 :()

3 pod stats is more MT I think

I edited my set to be partly MT appoco - so take a look if you want and offer up some tweaks.. same goes to everyone

baggy 23 Sep 2012 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218701)
I edited my set to be partly MT appoco - so take a look if you want and offer up some tweaks.. same goes to everyone

I had a quick look while watching x factor and my first impression is xan cant hit anything apart from xans. I like to see mt stats but have not been bothered by the last two rounds where they have been mixed.. but please NO st only stats please.

Appocomaster 23 Sep 2012 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shev (Post 3218695)
This round has had some major issues. I'd venture that it's more down to the near removal of salvage for any high value planets than anything else though. If salvage is going to stay at it's current level, then XP needs to be tweaked downwards to match as currently crashing (and I mean really huge crashes, not just losing a little) for roids on bigger planets is just too feasible.

I need to note that my planet hasn't been higher than 300 this round until very recently so this isn't a personal issue, but something I've observed all around. This game and it's communities are based around the act of defence, and in a lot of cases it's simply impossible for people with bigger planets to do so without the prospect of abandoning their own goals.

Er?
Salvage has only been tweaked down for Ziks in the last 6 rounds in some form or another; though before that, attacking salvage has been capped a bit too (Round 42).

Shev 23 Sep 2012 21:13

You're right, the salvage has been abysmal for bigger planets for a while now, but it's really been brought into focus this round by ultra attacking stats, which you've said yourself you prefer. More defensive stats mean it isn't as much of a problem, but it's still been discouraging bigger planets from defending in previous rounds as well.

I know there are a lot of voices always calling for attacking to be absurdly easy, with prelaunch and xp, but if people can't get defended then they will stop playing. The movement of roids people claim to love is (unsurprisingly) more loved when it's other peoples roids moving to you, not vice versa.

Reincarnate 23 Sep 2012 23:12

just fyi, i am working on some stats but i dont know if i will have them ready in time for appoco. depends how much i bother doing my actul job this week.

gzambo 24 Sep 2012 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218683)
a) Its Kaiba

c) I havent seen you make a good set of stats yet

Patrikc i do apologise for speaking for the playerbase there. When in the past Xan Cr/Bs has been touted in stats it has not gone down well and has not been decent when played.

Xan has the worst research out of all the races so why add another big research on for them to do to give them a playing option, thats not right.

If we stick to the setup of how the races are described then Xan is light weight, yet quick - hence no Cr/Bs class.

Ascendancy played round 33 with an xan cr strategy and won but hey let's not let facts or the truth get in the way of your argument

Kaiba 24 Sep 2012 12:08

Oh sorry my mistake, the mighty ascendancy did it so it must be good. We have had xan cr a couple of times since then and it's been crap, all you do is push xan research out by another 100 ticks or so as they have to juggle in another large research to have a second roiding fleet

Banshee 24 Sep 2012 15:56

i thought this rounds stats were decant although would be nice to mix them up next round

JonnyBGood 25 Sep 2012 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster (Post 3218516)
...Any offers, ideas, etc?

Four pod classes per race, 50% increase in salvage, work off an old set of decent, more MT stats.

PS Not doing the stats.

isildurx 25 Sep 2012 06:58

Yeah, PLEASE just tinker with an old set of stats.

Mzyxptlk 25 Sep 2012 11:37

I will second that statement, but with few expectations.

Reincarnate 25 Sep 2012 11:41

i really think stats shouldnt be released until ticks have started. let people pick race based on that races traits rather than on which race has a slight advantage.

ArcChas 25 Sep 2012 15:58

I'd go with that idea - as long as the stats accurately reflected the race traits.

Kaiba 25 Sep 2012 17:17

I do like reins idea. It just won't happen tho because the beta team would leak them.

Tiamat101 25 Sep 2012 18:50

I'd rather have that idea where stats are released less than 24h to tick start and if the stats are actually corresponding to the race traits that be best. I do however want to see partial MT with 2 pods per race. 3 Pods means too many ships but if you can balance that right then i guess it's ok.

Kaiba 25 Sep 2012 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcChas (Post 3218795)
I'd go with that idea - as long as the stats accurately reflected the race traits.

What are the race traits in your eyes??

Clouds 25 Sep 2012 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218683)

Until of course you sold all your ships. Again.

ArcChas 25 Sep 2012 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218807)
What are the race traits in your eyes??

The same as they have always (supposed to have) been.
Xan shoot early - decent/high damage - paper thin armour - poor EMP resistance - mainly Fi/Co based attacks.
Terr - shoot late - decent/low damage - heavy armour - high EMP resistance - mainly De/BS based attacks
Cat - shoot first - EMP only (or predominently) - decent armour - mainly Fr/Cr based attacks (open to debate as Cat has most often been Co/Cr based attacks).
Zik - Steal ships firing last (but before pods) - decent armour - mainly Fr based attacks (until supplemented by stolen ships). A sprinkling of "average" kill-ships with medium armour and EMP res to prevent them being overwhelmed early in the round.
Etd - scrapped.

JonnyBGood 26 Sep 2012 00:01

I like that idea. Very interesting. Also you obviously wouldn't beta test it. God knows the value of beta testing is pretty piss anyways. Just get 2 competent people to come up with a decent set of stats. **** knows again you could just re-use an old set.

Monroe 26 Sep 2012 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3218778)
i really think stats shouldnt be released until ticks have started. let people pick race based on that races traits rather than on which race has a slight advantage.

This won't work. People will just sign up one tick late to get a look at the stats before deciding. Or they will signup and reset there race (which can be done in the first five ticks) once ticks have started. Otherwise it's an interesting idea.

Kaiba 26 Sep 2012 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroe (Post 3218820)
This won't work. People will just sign up one tick late to get a look at the stats before deciding. Or they will signup and reset there race (which can be done in the first five ticks) once ticks have started. Otherwise it's an interesting idea.

I suppose. Although that gives you 5 hours for an alliance to put together a strategy, fleet build and work out what every other alliance is doing and base there strategy on that. Its a lot better than the current 3 weeks we have!!!

Reincarnate 26 Sep 2012 08:04

Quote:

although what you say is possible, i dont really see it happening. modern alliances simple do not have the activity level to guaranteed enough members change race so quickly. Also, most alliance do not have people that are good enough at analysing stats in general, let alone in 1 hour.

as to beta testing that someone else mentioned. its pointless anyway. nothing changes except stats and you can test them on a bcalc. it is, in fact, better to test stats on a bcalc because beta is invaded by people "trying to win".

JonnyBGood 26 Sep 2012 08:12

Quote:

This is very true but it does seem like there should be some way around this. Stats don't actually appear until pt 12 maybe? People can still reset but it makes it more interesting.