Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Amsterdam Planetarion Meet (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189417)

Kloopy 24 Jan 2006 12:57

Amsterdam Planetarion Meet

It's a tiny meet. But a PA player one. I'm coming over to Amsterdam on Saturday 4th February. Does any one person want to meet up with me? I'm doing this crazy project called "Meet Matt Chapman" but I doubt I'd get away with pimping that here, so I shant. But I'd really appreciate it if anyone wants to meet up, have a chat about PA, about PAN and about life over a bite to eat or a drink in Amsterdam on the evening of the 4th. I'll be arriving at AMS airport about lunch time.
Anyone up for that? I'll even give you a unique t-shirt that I guarantee none of your friends will own!

Cheers!

Matt "Kloopy" Chapman
P.S. I'm a really friendly chap.

[Edit: Having discussed the Meet throughout this thread, it's decided that we will meet at 14:00 local time outside Amsterdam Centraal Station, by the Swatch store near the canal boats.]

KoeN 24 Jan 2006 13:08

Re: Amsterdam Planetarion Meet

feb 4 is a saturday, so i can't travel for free then... but i might attend, depends a bit.

Rikard 24 Jan 2006 13:25

sounds familiar :/

Kloopy 24 Jan 2006 13:29

Familiar? I've never been to Amsterdam before! The land of drugs and prosititues. It's no wonder that "Amsterdam" and "Heaven" share so many of the same letters!

Rikard 24 Jan 2006 13:41

i was referring to a quite similar story from a quite similar guy on irc this very moment :/

cypher 24 Jan 2006 13:42

yeah i reckon i should be able to make it.....

if we're talking about pa tho i want alot of beers from you :P

cypher 24 Jan 2006 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikard
i was referring to a quite similar story from a quite similar guy on irc this very moment :/

in all fairness the "other meet from a quite similar guy" is being done in an absolute shithole :D while this one is about amsterdam :D

Kloopy 24 Jan 2006 13:49

We don't -have- to talk about PA. We could talk about beer instead!

Rikard 24 Jan 2006 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypher
in all fairness the "other meet from a quite similar guy" is being done in an absolute shithole :D while this one is about amsterdam :D

come to think of it... it was kloopy talking about going to amsterdam on irc :/

Kloopy 24 Jan 2006 14:00

That guy gets around a bit! Is there anything special I need to see in Amsterdam? Or do I just find the closest bar and hide in there?

Perhaps someone who knows the city can suggest somewhere safe and friendly to meet? Somewhere with cheep drinks and a nice view?

Kloopy

Stoom 24 Jan 2006 14:30

hmm safe and friendly, I'd suggest let's keep it at Rikard's place! Not sure if I have to work though :)

Tomkat 24 Jan 2006 14:43

Is your dad called Mark Chapman? ;O

pig 24 Jan 2006 15:03

Chappers from radio 1?

Rikard 24 Jan 2006 15:19

i dont have nice view.

Clogg 24 Jan 2006 15:24

We had the best SiN meet EVER (and the only one till date) in Amsterdam. Did some nightclubs to keep our tag in honor! Perhaps I can make 4th of Februari, but can't give any guarantees.

P.S. Best bar for Brits to hide in and closest to the train station has to be Teasers, English football on several wallmounted plasma's and the waitresses have a huge lack of clothes.

Kloopy 24 Jan 2006 15:33

Football isn't my thing, we can get that here in Britain. Why would I travel all the way to Amsterdam to watch British telly?

No, my Dad isn't Mark and he doesn't work for the BBC. I'd be using Radio 1 to find people to meet if my Dad worked there. :)

cypher 24 Jan 2006 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clogg
We had the best SiN meet EVER (and the only one till date) in Amsterdam. Did some nightclubs to keep our tag in honor! Perhaps I can make 4th of Februari, but can't give any guarantees.

P.S. Best bar for Brits to hide in and closest to the train station has to be Teasers, English football on several wallmounted plasma's and the waitresses have a huge lack of clothes.

it has the best view aswell :D

however kloopy is english... so anything over here is 'good view' for him :D

and he said cheap... so doubt teasers is doable heh :P

A2 25 Jan 2006 00:38

Would me saying that I was going:
a) have no effect?
b) scare people off?

Whatever the answer, I'm going to be there.

Squidly 25 Jan 2006 00:43

*cough* visit western canada *cough* {the whole lot of ya ;) }

A2 25 Jan 2006 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidly
*cough* visit western canada *cough* {the whole lot of ya ;) }

Been there, done that, didn't buy the t-shirt though.

Alessio 25 Jan 2006 00:50

I'll consider it
But It's unlikely that i'll actually decide to go :p

Mistwraith 25 Jan 2006 01:10

having been to a amsterdam pa meet .. its a hell of a city to do it in.. for gods sake visit the sex museum :-)

Have a blast peeps :-)

Kloopy 25 Jan 2006 11:20

Sex museum? That sounds great! I wonder how much time we'll actually have once we arrive in the city from the airport.

cypher 25 Jan 2006 13:34

dunno how long you are around for :)

A2 is dutch?

linda said she'd come aswell kloopy

Ace 25 Jan 2006 14:25

4th of Feb....I'll give it a shot.

YEAH YEAH cypher you can drive with me again :)

Stoom 25 Jan 2006 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alessio
I'll consider it
But It's unlikely that i'll actually decide to go :p

If I'm free from work you can go with me :)

A2 25 Jan 2006 16:28

Quote:

A2 is dutch?

That's not what it says on my passport.

Leshy 26 Jan 2006 00:40

Oh hay, sup Kloopy! I'll show up :)

Edit: Oh, AyTwo is going to be there as well, aces.

meaple 26 Jan 2006 00:52

Canada sucks squidly!

Come to US instead!

Kloopy 26 Jan 2006 10:34

Fantastic Leshy!

We still haven't got a central place to meet yet. Any more suggestions?

Supersander 26 Jan 2006 14:06

Just in front of Amsterdam Central Station seems like a suitable and logical place.

I might show up as well if there's free beer!

^Myst3r13s^ 26 Jan 2006 19:57

ohh i'm so gonne try to be their.... ur gonne DIG amsterdam, make you never wanne leave XD

lizardking 26 Jan 2006 20:40

A'dam meets totaly rock from personal experience. =)

First time I ever landed there, I think 4 years back with my PA land m8 Tapper we went out downtown for beers & sum PA chatting with our alliance (Lithyn) leaders, SilverBullet and playetz. The lesson (besides my early prejudice towards PA players thinkin they're punch of geekz) from that day was realising the dutch beer's fading affect against the language barrier, since as many know fluent english isn't 1 of our strong abilities ;)

Since we, Ğragons, have a habit of getting together irl as much as possible me and Jurgen thought we should go pay a visit beyond our own borders to meet "The Others". So on my second visit a year later we flew to Bryssels to hook up with Berten and hopped to first train to A'dam to meet cypher, rob- and Biusa (who took a flight straight to A'dam). After reaching the destination Berten took a train to meet up with the rest while me and Jurgen decided we weren't up for extra travelling. So we continued drinkin heavily and got tired waiting for ppls' arrival. The idea of vanishing into crowd was too tempting, therefore we figured there could be sum babes & weed out there for us. Sumhow after leaving trainstation all bloody wasted the first thing we managed to do was to get totally lost into Red Light District losing all track of whereabouts. The last thing I remember is explaining cypher how to find us and luckily they sumhow did. It turned out rob got even more drunk and his parents had to come get him home and luckily they were kind enough to host us for a few nights over. We continued from there to greet The_Ace & Greenhills to another town, but that's another story..

Last summer on my 3rd visit there with MacTanZu we had ~20-30 ppl on the meeting list to encounter with. Sadly *c0ugh* we were naive enough to think we'd be able to book tickets in a week's notice at any given date. It started to look we wouldn't come at all, but mac found flight through Copenhagen to A'dam with 1 day notice and we booked it. Lacked time to inform about the arrival so over half of the friends supposed to come never made it. Well here r sum photos of the night and ppl who made it:

http://rkz.fotopic.net/ - Hopefully no1 will mind me pasting this ;)

Thx to: Greenhills Rikard SeqZ Cain MaxiMillian cypher linda rob- we had a blast night. =)
(and soz for those that due our lazyness didn't get added on that list.). Also met Inforza l8r on but unfortunately he never made it to the pictures.

It's become close to tradition for me now. So many cool dutchiez around there, who r mostly fantastic ppl will certainly make sure there'll b more visits to come. :)

Special thx to Rob for being the bestest host & dutchie I know. <3

G'luck with ya meeting Kloopy I'm sure u'll have gr8 time.
(ps Be careful with that famed street there coz it can look like a maze if u r sightseeing in drunkess; )

Alki 26 Jan 2006 20:53

meh sisters 21st no chance, though if u go during easter, im road tripping it there with friends

Kloopy 26 Jan 2006 21:12

Ok, so if we're meeting at Amsterdam Central station this might be useful:

At the latest I'll grab the 13:31 from Schipol to Centraal station, arriving on platform 10b at 13:50.
There are earlier trains but my flight is with a British company so it's likely to be delayed.

I must say I do love your country because it tells me which platform I'm going to arrive on. In the UK you don't find out which platform a train is leaving from until about 2 minutes before departure.

DEATH2 26 Jan 2006 21:42

cool kloopy. andrew and i will meet u at the airport somehow. don't know if UK mobbys will work or not.

look forward to meetin all u dutch PAers.

Rikard 26 Jan 2006 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloopy
Ok, so if we're meeting at Amsterdam Central station this might be useful:

At the latest I'll grab the 13:31 from Schipol to Centraal station, arriving on platform 10b at 13:50.
There are earlier trains but my flight is with a British company so it's likely to be delayed.

I must say I do love your country because it tells me which platform I'm going to arrive on. In the UK you don't find out which platform a train is leaving from until about 2 minutes before departure.

ders 3 different lines going from schiphol to amsterdam, depending on what train you take you'll end up at platform 15 8 or 2 from the top of my head

Stoom 27 Jan 2006 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki
meh sisters 21st no chance, though if u go during easter, im road tripping it there with friends

Oh I'm sooo gonna meet you :p

Ace 27 Jan 2006 19:40

so it's 14:00 in front of the CS ?

There is a swatch store there near the cannal boats.

Might be a smart idea.

Stifler 28 Jan 2006 01:39

i actually checked prices of flights on the 4th cos i thought easyjet did newcastle->amsterdam (they dont :( and edinburgh->amsterdam would be ~£60 each way)

Shyne 28 Jan 2006 13:12

Good way to relieve stress Kloopy !

cypher 28 Jan 2006 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stifler
i actually checked prices of flights on the 4th cos i thought easyjet did newcastle->amsterdam (they dont :( and edinburgh->amsterdam would be ~£60 each way)

tried ryanair?

could prolly set you up with a place to sleep if you're serious..

Ace 28 Jan 2006 15:56

Quote:

tried ryanair?

could prolly set you up with a place to sleep if you're serious..

Take the offer stiffie get your ass overhere :)

Cyph: wanne go by train to A'dam ? since the parking is a nightmare as you know.

Stifler 29 Jan 2006 02:33

i might consider if i could get there and back for around £50-70 :(

but I cant afford £50-70 each way

Spiraa 29 Jan 2006 20:57

ohhh sounds funny so i might see the ancient Acers in rl after all!!!
Guys i might come to Amsterdam saturday would be fun meeting some guys in rl u talk on irc with for 3 years now.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

------------------------------------

[LCH]FTW !!!!!
WP forever

frostbeule 29 Jan 2006 21:17

any chance you are coming to germany once, kloopy? the german "karneval" is something you should see! And ofc the "oktoberfest".

Ace 29 Jan 2006 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiraa
ohhh sounds funny so i might see the ancient Acers in rl after all!!!
Guys i might come to Amsterdam saturday would be fun meeting some guys in rl u talk on irc with for 3 years now.

Hey spira m8 I'm old yes but not anchient :)

cypher 30 Jan 2006 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
Take the offer stiffie get your ass overhere :)

Cyph: wanne go by train to A'dam ? since the parking is a nightmare as you know.

yep no problem at all

i might be going to linda's place in utrecht afterwards tho :)
we'll talk on irc this week :D

and stif is a chicken i reckon :/

reconverse 30 Jan 2006 11:21

You are only in Amsterdam the 4th?
I have to work the 4th... (in Amsterdam) so i don't have time probally...
Maybe for a quick beer later in the day. So you guys have like a plan what you gonna do?
Show Kloopy around or...?

Kloopy 30 Jan 2006 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbeule
any chance you are coming to germany once, kloopy? the german "karneval" is something you should see! And ofc the "oktoberfest".

I'd love to come over for Oktoberfest one year, perhaps this year if I can get some UK friends to come with me.

I'm in Dortmund in March, can't remember the dates off hand but are you able to get there on a Saturday?