Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Havoc for ziks only... again (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=192172)

Makhil 2 Sep 2006 01:20

Havoc for ziks only... again

by not reseting the fleets (and not allowing race change) you make the Havoc a fun time for ziks only. It's only havoc so no big deal but why exclude all the other players from this special extra time ?

Saphi 2 Sep 2006 13:45

Re: Havoc for ziks only... again

Havoc has always been dominated by Zik
There is nothing that can be done about this tbh
You just have to Crash into Zik Planets thats all and be prepared to lose ur fleet
Mass Xp for fleet is not a bad deal tbh

Makhil 2 Sep 2006 13:52

if you reset the fleets it levels the chances... otherwise ziks don't even need to spend the extra res, they just have to land on inactives with their old fleet and collect shippies for free... try to catch up after that.

Assassin 2 Sep 2006 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil
by not reseting the fleets (and not allowing race change) you make the Havoc a fun time for ziks only. It's only havoc so no big deal but why exclude all the other players from this special extra time ?

If you allowed race change then surely everyone would just go zik making this whole situation even worse?

Makhil 2 Sep 2006 20:30

worse why ? everybody being able to enjoy the havoc should be the rule.

jupp 2 Sep 2006 22:22

maybe all players that didnt log in since the end of the round should be put into vacation mode (leaving it when logging in) or exiled into c200 to reduce the number of inactives that can be farmed by Ziks

Nadar 2 Sep 2006 22:57

There's no way of making zik an "equal" race during havoc unless you disable their stealing. Even if you reset all ships, there'll still be planets who goes inactive and are open for free stealing.

Marv 2 Sep 2006 23:02

It's havoc...it isn't serious...who cares?

It's just abit of fun and a mess around...

furball 2 Sep 2006 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv
It's havoc...it isn't serious...who cares?

It's just abit of fun and a mess around...

Fun for 30% of players. Shit for the other 70% because they stand no chance without you resetting ships.

Caj 3 Sep 2006 02:23

other players have a chance they just have to be better ;) Havoc is easy for Ziks yeah but theres no real way to change it without it no longer being havoc and just becoming a 15 minute speedgame, so I guess people should make the most of what they have and start punishing ziks in havoc Cathaar CRs fleet catching Zik BS? poetic justice? give it ago. Stop whining.

Caj

furball 3 Sep 2006 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caj
other players have a chance they just have to be better ;) Havoc is easy for Ziks yeah but theres no real way to change it without it no longer being havoc and just becoming a 15 minute speedgame, so I guess people should make the most of what they have and start punishing ziks in havoc Cathaar CRs fleet catching Zik BS? poetic justice? give it ago. Stop whining.

Caj

Since everyone would start with 100m+ of each resource and all res/con completed, it's hardly like starting a new speedgame. I know that you want to hang onto your precious shippies, but we can't just pander to the top 10's interests.

Makhil 3 Sep 2006 04:51

Asking for havoc to be fun for every player and not only a minority is not exactly whining. But I understand your selfishness.

Gate 3 Sep 2006 11:59

I'd agree, havoc would be more fun if you got to choose your race and everything got reset like it used to.

It would have encouraged me to play it, at least.

Forest 3 Sep 2006 12:48

split havoc into 4 quarters, and make everyone change to a different race in each quarter.

Or remove zik ships from havoc, and allow race change.

Or allow every ship to be built by every planet.

Loads of variations for havoc tbh.

Spritfire 3 Sep 2006 13:17

This is first round xp has been reset, why reset xp when you dont reset all the value ?
Almost sounds like pa team wants to say "we dont like xp wh0res"

Squidly 3 Sep 2006 16:28

After what ascendancy pulled way back when, I swear that was most of the community saying "we don't like xp whores" ...

wielklem 3 Sep 2006 21:54

just stop with havoc dont do it again just end round