Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   alliance funds (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190204)

mylove 15 Mar 2006 16:54

alliance funds

a random idea i know but what if each alliance had a fund simmular to a galaxy fund all donated buy the members but then you could help each other rebuild aswell as defending.
whats your view?:confused:

Nadar 15 Mar 2006 17:10

Re: alliance funds

Would be better if you added a tax to it aswell so each alliance can decide how much tax they should take. Like taking 5% resources per tick from each member.

Also remove the lower limit of who you can donate to, so every member in the alliance can get resources donated.

I like it.

mylove 15 Mar 2006 17:14

you could have tax which is one way or you could have it so that the fund earnt interest maybe?

Nadar 15 Mar 2006 17:15

Like buy shares in the alliance? :p

mylove 15 Mar 2006 17:37

you could do but i think a tax you interest would be better.
or (he says again) buy your way in, and have a minister of finance within the alliance that deside what the puy-in should be?

wakey 15 Mar 2006 17:46

This is an idea that was part of the new AH in PAN, although its probally not going to see the light of day any time soon

ChubbyChecker 16 Mar 2006 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadar
Also remove the lower limit of who you can donate to, so every member in the alliance can get resources donated.

If you do that the no. 1 planet will be decided by the alliance that chooses to give all their resources to their highest scoring member.

Nadar 16 Mar 2006 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
If you do that the no. 1 planet will be decided by the alliance that chooses to give all their resources to their highest scoring member.

Good point, maybe not then ;)

furball 16 Mar 2006 18:25

Yeah, you just get mass donations here which generally blows.

MrLobster 17 Mar 2006 13:27

i didnt want to create a new thread for this so i posted it here.

How about only allowing transfer of funds to the maximum that they donated to the galaxy/alliance fund, if they are above the donation value limit.

If they go below the limit they can get any donations (just like it is now).

example:

Player A donates 100k of each resource to the bank (galaxy or alliance), now if they are above the donation avg value limit. they can only get donated 100k of each back.

Note: you cant donate 100k to the gal fund and then get 100k from the alliance fund (or the other way either), although that might be a nice idea.

Robsch 18 Mar 2006 17:16

i just say: this will make it impossible to attack certain players - think of it

furball 18 Mar 2006 20:29

If a player smaller than the alliance limit got fleet-caught, it'd make sense to donate a LOT of resources to them so that they could build enough ships to defend against it.

Think about it.

Spritfire 18 Mar 2006 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLobster
How about only allowing transfer of funds to the maximum that they donated to the galaxy/alliance fund, if they are above the donation value limit.

If they go below the limit they can get any donations (just like it is now).

example:

Player A donates 100k of each resource to the bank (galaxy or alliance), now if they are above the donation avg value limit. they can only get donated 100k of each back.

I like the idea :)

Kjeldoran 20 Mar 2006 10:02

Quote:

Would be better if you added a tax to it aswell so each alliance can decide how much tax they should take. Like taking 5% resources per tick from each member.

I like it.

Lol, alliances might save up all resources for the entire round and then donate it to their biggest member a few ticks before the round ends so he/she might get a major boost in Value (given that the XP formula has changed) ...

Eventhough it's a nice idea, I think it'll be (ab)used for making the top planets even stronger rather then helping rebuild smaller planets.

Nadar 20 Mar 2006 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Lol, alliances might save up all resources for the entire round and then donate it to their biggest member a few ticks before the round ends so he/she might get a major boost in Value (given that the XP formula has changed) ...

Eventhough it's a nice idea, I think it'll be (ab)used for making the top planets even stronger rather then helping rebuild smaller planets.

Read my next reply ;)

Kjeldoran 20 Mar 2006 11:12

Quote:

Read my next reply ;)

Lol, no ... I'm not gonna quote posts having in mind that the user might have written something else later on ... ;)

Nadar 20 Mar 2006 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Lol, no ... I'm not gonna quote posts having in mind that the user might have written something else later on ... ;)

Ebul Kj making good ol' nads look dupid :(

Kjeldoran 20 Mar 2006 11:23

Quote:

Ebul Kj making good ol' nads look dupid :(

Nah, I'd never do that :(

mylove 27 Mar 2006 10:02

slightly drifting off topic

Peders 27 Mar 2006 17:47

what about that the allaince founds can be used for scanning.
Then the BC dont have t use own resources to scan before an attack

Teargas 27 Mar 2006 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peders
what about that the allaince founds can be used for scanning.
Then the BC dont have t use own resources to scan before an attack

I like this idea. This seems to assure that the funds can't be abused by donating to a player. Just forcing the alliance fund into a scan fund seems like a good direction to move.

wakey 28 Mar 2006 08:55

As I said above the whole alliance fund idea has been discussed to a high degree as it was one of the many additions originally intended for next round. The outline of the idea deals with pretty much all of the problems you have raised here as well as having features like the funding of scanners and such like from the fund.

The problems with the coders (well coder as it was basically just Kloppy) for PAN means that we wont see all the PAN features next round, and id expect this is one of the things that misses out BUT i would expect to see it coming in the next few rounds.

If Appoc is reading this thread maybe he can post something giving more details on the proposed alliance fund so we can have a real discussion on it rather than this projection of what might be good

Appocomaster 28 Mar 2006 18:12

I'm wondering if I have time to slip in a basic alliance fund this round (outrageously copying from the mining.pl page, etc).

I think that most of the points have been covered - an alliance fund like the galaxy fund, with a similar tax rate, HCs acting as the MoD, donations to the smaller planets.
The idea was mentioned in the alliance spec by Kal a few months ago about having official alliance scanners, whos scans would come from the alliance fund and would then be added if they were a target of say a current defence call or attack.

I'm not sure about interest in the fund, though it should be quite a simple ticker script to implement if necessary.

Sebos 28 Mar 2006 18:43

I know various people ie wakey have been saying that this has all been discussed and is coming but......

A scan fund sounds really interesting and prehaps linked with some kind of alliance research could lead to alliances playing even more as a team. i certainly would love to see such a feature as this would allow people to get scans when they needed them not just when the scan planets were around.

Sebos

Beermonster 28 Mar 2006 20:03

Well it seems like a good idea but i'm sure it will soon be abused,
and i dont think u can put enough safeguards/rules in place to stop abuse and make such a fund function as intended.

Allowing ally playas to pay for scans however i think is an excelent idea (having scanned for ally twice now) but a safer way to do it imo would be a ingame mail option for scan urls that charges the recipiant the cost of the scan and credits the sender, but only once per url so a black market does not arrise

robban1 29 Mar 2006 20:37

whats wrong with the present style as its proposed every allie will have an uber scanner with unlimited funds and can scan everyone and if that is the case its no need for distorters really

Beermonster 29 Mar 2006 22:02

because giving the ally the ability to collect the res does not ensure the res goes to the scanner

wakey 29 Mar 2006 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'm wondering if I have time to slip in a basic alliance fund this round (outrageously copying from the mining.pl page, etc). .

Unless its going to be done properly dont even bother wasting any time on it, so many of PA's problems in the past have come from ideas being rushed in at the last minute without ensuring all the safeguards are in place to prevent abuse that can ruin the game.

Im sure everyone here will agree when I say we dont mind waiting a round for a good well implemented feature rather than getting a quick halfway house of a feature that ends up being abused to excess.

Travler 2 Apr 2006 02:20

I like this idea and the tax. The tax rate should be capped out at 25% max but could be less. Also the top 25% of the alliance should not be able to receive funds while the bottom 25% is not taxed. Everyone should be able to donate as much as desired and trading with the fund should be better than universe trading but not as good as gal trading. A 10-15% fee should be used for trading.

Also there should be an option for Ally fund and the gal fund to donate a set amount automatically each tick by choice.

Also a limit on the amount of res donated to one planet should be kept in mind to prevent donation for the win or being able to donate enough funds to cover an incomming attack on a members planet.