Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ever wonder? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=159660)

QazokRouge5 24 Feb 2003 04:04

Ever wonder?

Who would show up at your funeral?

Besides family.

I doubt even they would show up to be painfully honest.

but anyway... what about you people?

Nicole 24 Feb 2003 04:11

Not to sound terribly conceited but I think a lot of people would show up. Not because I'm so amazingly popular but because I keep in touch with a lot of people. My main clique of friends are from when I was 15 and then I'm friends with their friends and etc... I also have a lot of acquaintences and because I have a fear of death I've made an arrangement with a close friend. If I die before my parents do he is supposed to encourage my acquaintances to go if they're on the fence about it because they didn't know me that well. This sounds really ****ty, but my 19 year old cousin died when I was 17 and the fact that the whole damn town showed up really made my aunt and uncle feel better. If I were to die young it would obviously upset my parents a great deal and whatever would help them feel better on the day of my funeral I would want done. However should I survive my parents I do NOT want a bunch of near strangers showing up. I have a list of people who are not invited (I am amazingly petty, even to the grave). I'd also appreciate it if the majority of my sexual indiscretions didn't show up as they're meatheads and would probably stand in a corner and exchange blowjob stories.

HobbieRogue4 24 Feb 2003 06:50

I'm thinking about being cremated after I've had my organs donated. That has the potential to save both lives and money.

Ap0k 24 Feb 2003 06:52

i dont really care who is at mine, its not like im gonna have to attend theirs...

Scoot951 24 Feb 2003 06:56

Quote:

Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
I'm thinking about being cremated after I've had my organs donated. That has the potential to save both lives and money.
Same. Although I think I'd perfer to skip the funeral stuff and die in a manner that involved my body being reduced to atoms.

Ap0k 24 Feb 2003 07:27

Quote:

Originally posted by Scoot951
Same. Although I think I'd perfer to skip the funeral stuff and die in a manner that involved my body being reduced to atoms.
theres the 'human shield' option.

apparently its a trend these days...

Tietäjä 24 Feb 2003 07:41

No, I don't.

Because I know very few people would be arsed to come see my corpse burn. I'm not religious. And it's my will to be burned and spread around (I haven't decided where, yet).

Zapman 24 Feb 2003 07:50

I don't think I'd care at the time.

MrL_JaKiri 24 Feb 2003 08:05

Quote:

Originally posted by Scoot951
You do know that it's just as much individual atoms now as after being burnt?

mbushell 24 Feb 2003 09:27

I plan to outlive anyone I know :-)

[GAP]Obiwan 24 Feb 2003 09:43

Re: Ever wonder?

Quote:

Originally posted by QazokRouge5
Who would show up at your funeral?

Depends on the weather

Snurx 24 Feb 2003 14:11

I would not show up at my own funeral, so why should anybody else?

Tietäjä 24 Feb 2003 14:14

Quote:

Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
I believe that's the best idea so far. Maybe I'll donate my brains to the University of Helsinki Medicine department. Let them figure it out then, maybe cut in pieces.

Knight Theamion 24 Feb 2003 15:26

a whole ****ing bunch if the news reached them in time .. i have a lot of social circles but they dont interact a lot with eachother.

Marilyn Manson 24 Feb 2003 15:28

I'd show up.

mpr0733 24 Feb 2003 18:40

No speeches, No commemorations, just hack me up for the barbeque.

Nixjim 24 Feb 2003 19:28

It seems in America that funeral is another name for reunion. Most people who go are there to see how many old friends and relatives they can find, not because they really care about the deceased. That is one reason Dad insisted on cremation, he said anyone that cared about him could visit while he was still alive. If they couldn't find the time to visit then he didn't want them coming to his funeral.

I personally want to be fossilized, so maybe some alien archeologist will find me in 65 million years and think I was a typical specimen. :D

Deffeh 24 Feb 2003 19:40

A whole bunch of people, and i know how theyd all act.

Each would have their own agenda. Attention, sympathy etc etc