Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dear Jagex (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198792)

Kaiba 26 Jul 2010 19:28

Dear Jagex

<3 hideo

isildurx 26 Jul 2010 19:29

Re: Dear Jagex

?

Reese 26 Jul 2010 19:32

Guess we know why zpeti has been so quiet! Unloading the nightmare.

Kaiba 26 Jul 2010 19:45

Bet he got a good profit out of it - for doing bugger all... some ppl

Kargool 26 Jul 2010 19:47

Why do I feel like im playing a game that can best be called second hand merchandise?

Kaiba 26 Jul 2010 19:49

Is that it? i was expecting some amazing stuff from you Kargool - u dissapoint me

M0RPH3US 26 Jul 2010 20:01

o.O new owner yay

will appocomaster be payed now ?

will credits get more expensive ?

will the round start like planned ?

will anything change ?

so many questions, and all i read is:

PA sold, moving to super servers, new vision of pa bla bla bla

t3k 26 Jul 2010 20:03

I can't help but feel a little responsible for zPeti's desire to offload the game.

Oh, and hello new PA owners - I'll try and be nicer to you guys!

(PS Kaiba: your posts in this thread have been shit, and totally unworthy of what is set to be a great future with Planetarion and Jagex)

(PPS Spinner: don't worry, we'll still play your game, as it will still be better than Planetarion)

Mzyxptlk 26 Jul 2010 20:06

Just like last time, I'm cautiously optimistic.

t3k 26 Jul 2010 20:09

mz you'll never learn :(

Paisley 26 Jul 2010 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3196431)

same here ... I can only hope the new owners make progress where their predecessors have failed.

gzambo 26 Jul 2010 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0RPH3US (Post 3196429)
o.O new owner yay

will appocomaster be payed now ?

will credits get more expensive ?

will the round start like planned ?

will anything change ?

so many questions, and all i read is:

PA sold, moving to super servers, new vision of pa bla bla bla

deja vu anyone

i'll reserve making a judgement on the new owners until after the next rd

Gabriel 26 Jul 2010 21:02

Shit happens, and then you play PA

Judge 26 Jul 2010 21:38

Perhaps it could be an idea to check out there other games?

http://www.jagex.com/

Ave 26 Jul 2010 22:11

Well best would be to spend some money on active coder team... and this can be current one aswell, aslong as u arrange them time and money ;) PA has strong enough name to attract people aslong as there is something to offer them.

Light 26 Jul 2010 22:13

Dear Jagex.

Ignore Kennys and Kargools forum posts, they like to troll owners and then complain when owners ignore there troll posts.

PA only needs 2 things
1: an active coder (The current PA Team do there best but there volunteers and dont have anywhere near enough time to actually implement changes, you cannot rely on them to create growth in Planetarion).
2: A Game Designer, Planetarion has gone afew years now without any sort of proper design and it shows. We've got bits implemented in the game which are unfinished and no clear view of where they're headed (population) and we've current got major problems as far as the new player experience especially as far as first impressions goes, The closest thing to describe PA's learning curve would be Eve online before there recent 'signup' changes. You need someone to come in and plan the direction YOU want planetarion to go, the community cannot be trusted to give you a viewpoint on where PA should go.

o and any change you implement to the gameplay of Planetarion will result in a massive outcry on the forums, It will either be making the game too casual or be making the game worse for new players but be aware that Planetarion need change, its been stagnant for ages now (but im fairly sure the vast majority of the community would just be happy with any gameplay change).

Kargool 26 Jul 2010 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3196428)
Is that it? i was expecting some amazing stuff from you Kargool - u dissapoint me

I am as many others have said sceptical, I've said it before and I have said it again, as many others, we've been shafted so many times and been fooled by so many people who really did not put the time, or the effort into the game.

I'm happy to wait and see for a few weeks to see what is going to happen, but unless some people follow the advice Spinner gave here im just going to assume that these guys need us to get some money into their coffers as all the previous owners have.

Reincarnate 26 Jul 2010 22:20

for jagex to make a worthwhile amount of money, relative to their current size, they will have to bring in alot more players. imo, if their only plan is to make money fine, cos it means they will have to get more players here somehow and that is, by far, the thing PA lacks most of all.

Pug 27 Jul 2010 04:17

I hardly think they have aquired PA as a cash cow when they had a networth of £32 million in 2006.

Seems like loose change not worth their time.

Makhil 27 Jul 2010 05:20

Did Zpeti sell the Passport System with PA... the one he said was ready and just needed to be implemented.

HellKicker 27 Jul 2010 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3196431)

When zPeti came along, a lot of community members invested a lot of time into giving him their own opinions and suggestions. There was optimism. He then galantly took a big dump in all of their faces by making a lot of empty promises, and going into hiding. It pissed me off that when the community in all invested what must have been hundres of man-hours, the game is left virtually unchanged.

New ownership will be interesting to see, but i hope they won't make the same mistakes that zPeti made. One can only hope that they do proper research and maybe even read some of the older forum threads here, which contains loads of great ideas.

I can see why it's easy for many people to prejudge, but i think that cautiously optimistic is the best state of mind to have. And also, it is more productive.

Mistwraith 27 Jul 2010 07:55

i read on #planetarion said by Adastra i think

PA has had more pimps than a Las Vegas whore !

Well said and very true, Jagex certainly dont need us for money spinning, so lets just hope and pray they want us as an investment into a different type of game in their portfolio .#

Call me mildly hopefull that were not going to get shafted and then sold on yet again.

But lets just give Zpeti some credit - we were slightly his cash cow, but he did bail us out and despite some rather dubious servers at one point, its kept the game going just about, so lets just give him a cheerfull wave goodbye and sigh with relief a little.

Spinner 27 Jul 2010 09:25

I almost feel sorry for them, actually.
I know what we had agreed to pay for PA, before zPeti suddenly decided to go back on the whole thing and triple the price, so I have a feeling I have an idea what Jagex had to pay.
Anyway, the good thing here is that Jagex is a serious and big company who do not make decisions based on a whim. They also have about 100 developers (!) so there should be plenty of doing-power here.
They also have a structured setup, a broad and professional support-department.

That said, Planetarion is very different from anything they have ever touched. The same can be said about the community, it is one of the most hardcore communities in the business. I fear it is too late now, of course, but I truly wish them all the best onwards. I certainly hope they will use their marketing-opportunities to make Planetarion grow, as soon as the game itself is ready and capable to handle a lot of new players.

Cheers, Jagex, and good luck. Take good care of Planetarion for me, and don't forget to give me a call when you've had it.

Spinner
- Original Planetarion Creator

Wishmaster 27 Jul 2010 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 3196474)
I almost feel sorry for them, actually.
I know what we had agreed to pay for PA, before zPeti suddenly decided to go back on the whole thing and triple the price, so I have a feeling I have an idea what Jagex had to pay.

You should have come to the community and asked for donations :( That being said, I have no idea what retarded amounts zpeti would demand for a more or less dead game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 3196474)
Cheers, Jagex, and good luck. Take good care of Planetarion for me, and don't forget to give me a call when you've had it.

Spinner
- Original Planetarion Creator

If you got PA back, would you then run 2 sci fi browser games? or change the name of your new one to Planetarion?

WipeOut 27 Jul 2010 13:07

I bid Jagex all the best in the world, from reading the various posts here, the community could to with some notion of realistically founded 'hope'.

Spinner 27 Jul 2010 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3196475)
You should have come to the community and asked for donations :( That being said, I have no idea what retarded amounts zpeti would demand for a more or less dead game...

If you got PA back, would you then run 2 sci fi browser games? or change the name of your new one to Planetarion?

1: At that point, I was pissed off and didn't want to do business with that kind of "professional" people. There is no way my principals would allow me to agree to the suddenly new price.

2: I'd run PA side-by-side, but I'd change it a bit first. Chuck in a few months dedicated development, then run it along with ManagerLeague while developing the new one.

Not going to happen anyway now, is it :) Maybe it's for the best, maybe some healthy competition is exactly what we need in this corner of the universe!

Tietäjä 27 Jul 2010 14:32

I have to admit this zPeti person does feel like a true biz prof. He might have a career at the Giant Vampire Squid when he grows a bit more balls.

Veedeejem! 27 Jul 2010 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagex CEO on the portal
We want to work to improve the game and will work with the PA Team and community to create a vision for Planetarion. In other words, we want to work with you to evolve the game as well as make a sequel and we are really keen for your feedback and input on how to go about this. We know that you are all passionate about Planetarion and we want to give the game some real support.

I wish you guys the best of luck and hope we finally get an owner that actually keeps the promises they make :)

Ps: checked out some of their games and they seem to be quite decent.

MrLobster 1 Aug 2010 11:07

Can we now go back to the old logo?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4055/palogo.png

Zeyi 9 Aug 2010 18:18

I only just noticed JageX bought up PA. I used to play Runescape and Planetarion a few years ago, infact both would be my favourite browser games although I certainly don't play RS any more and only occasionally play PA. However I'm actually filled with optimism for once on the occasion of PA being sold. This time it's been sold to game developers who I've known and followed for several years - I'm just hoping they put the effort in no-one else has been willing to do.

Runescape was ruined by it's popularity for me. The great thing is, I don't see that ever happening for PA :p

tobyy 10 Aug 2010 08:59

i still don't understand why nobody has made pa with with facebook!
surely that is were the money is!!!!

t3k 10 Aug 2010 10:53

maybe if you did a search on other discussions involving facebook, and all the pro's and con's that went along with such a move, you wouldn't lack understanding.