Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   It is people like this ... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200205)

ManiacMagic 12 Nov 2013 11:47

It is people like this ...

[11:11] <Hosie> I went through every galaxy earlier
[11:11] <Hosie> looking for names

dont know how many under 18 players we have but My planet name talking about destroying clouds mom was out of pure respect and he knows it ... who are you to tell me thats offensive, Im offended that you dont want to destroy clouds mom.

Mzyxptlk 12 Nov 2013 11:59

Re: It is people like this ...

Hosie is an ass, but he's not the cause of your problem. If you don't like the rules, change them.

Hosie 12 Nov 2013 12:07

You filthy minded degenerate.

Another planet name cleansed by the planetarion mutaween

gzambo 12 Nov 2013 13:35

Don't hate the playa hate the game

Kaiba 12 Nov 2013 14:49

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

- Stephen Fry

Mzyxptlk 12 Nov 2013 15:00

You fundamentally misunderstand the context of that quote. As almost everyone does who uses it.

Dworschi 12 Nov 2013 23:24

Hosie is a dick !

Zotnam 12 Nov 2013 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3226552)
You fundamentally misunderstand the context of that quote. As almost everyone does who uses it.

Anything that can potentially lead people to watch Fry's Planet Word is good imo, even if the person quoting doesn't understand what he is quoting

Kaiba 13 Nov 2013 00:40

Yes I probably misused it but so what?

The only person who could of or should of been offended by MM's r/p name is Clouds. Who gives a **** if Hosie the hypocrite is offended, the MH SHOULD have approached Clouds about it and then based a decision on that. His r/p name was completely different to for example Gassing OF The Jews, which is an entirely inappropriate name and taboo is 99% of society.

Bashar 13 Nov 2013 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3226565)

The only person who could of or should of been offended by MM's r/p name is Clouds. Who gives a **** if Hosie the hypocrite is offended, the MH SHOULD have approached Clouds about it and then based a decision on that. His r/p name was completely different to for example Gassing OF The Jews, which is an entirely inappropriate name and taboo is 99% of society.

Oh shit. I know he quoted someone else, but Kaiba just said something that is true and reasonable. Who'd have thunk it?

Clouds 13 Nov 2013 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3226565)

I wasn't offended and I didn't make a complaint, yet Ace and his "special" crew still changed MM's r/p.

To be honest, when I found out that his planet had been changed to "cookies" - a term that Ace changed me to last round, after changing me from "ChronoX" of "Gingers" to "ChronoX" of "Cookies", and similar revisions over the past 4 consecutive rounds, I couldn't help but to laugh my ****ing head off. Maybe he has an obsession with cookies?

MM got Ace'd and owned by MHs. Welcome to the club!

Cochese 13 Nov 2013 04:59

?

ManiacMagic 15 Nov 2013 22:38

It happens, I just think its pretty stupid at this point in a dead game we are worried about being offensive ... have these people gotten on IRC lol

and again not even clouds was offended so wtf.

KillGhost 15 Nov 2013 23:25

My name got changed as well :(

Plaguuu 16 Nov 2013 01:05

If their gonna change offensive names changing this makes perfect sense. We cant expect them to go through every name that they assume is a personal attack and expect them to ask the person it might be offensive against. They just change it and get over with so they don't have to spend alot of time on it.

Buddah 17 Nov 2013 17:49

Mine got changed also:<

The Love of Female Virgin Ass -> The Love of all things cute

damn you mhs!

Benneh 18 Nov 2013 00:40

I wasnt even allowed to use MORONS in my fleetnames last round.

Its reached boring levels of PC.

Ruler 1 of Planet 1 time.

Clouds 18 Nov 2013 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaguuu (Post 3226602)
If their gonna change offensive names changing this makes perfect sense. We cant expect them to go through every name that they assume is a personal attack and expect them to ask the person it might be offensive against. They just change it and get over with so they don't have to spend alot of time on it.

Unless the person that the r/p is referring to complains, it shouldn't be changed in the first place, in my opinion!

Mzyxptlk 18 Nov 2013 06:07

MZ IS A FAGGOT of ****ING ****** BITCH

No complaints.

ManiacMagic 19 Nov 2013 05:29

lol ... its not about getting over that its changed, its about abuse of the abuse system, people complaining to be d*cks ... and the fact that I dont know any one who really cares about r/p names being 'offensive' to begin with.

Paisley 19 Nov 2013 21:14

Pfft I didn't use any offensive language and still made clouds sulk with my r/p name

Clouds 19 Nov 2013 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3226628)
Pfft I didn't use any offensive language and still made clouds sulk with my r/p name

I'm OFFENDED! * Now talking in #multihunters

Paisley 21 Nov 2013 18:25

no planet name change I take it ace approved :D

Heartless 23 Nov 2013 14:12

You know what's more hilarious than this renaming frenzy? That this game is still going despite a bunch of retards called Multihunters that "help" running it.

Cochese 23 Nov 2013 18:57

Heartless rocks.

Assassin 24 Nov 2013 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3226570)
I wasn't offended and I didn't make a complaint, yet Ace and his "special" crew still changed MM's r/p.

To be honest, when I found out that his planet had been changed to "cookies" - a term that Ace changed me to last round, after changing me from "ChronoX" of "Gingers" to "ChronoX" of "Cookies", and similar revisions over the past 4 consecutive rounds, I couldn't help but to laugh my ****ing head off. Maybe he has an obsession with cookies?

MM got Ace'd and owned by MHs. Welcome to the club!

Amusingly this has no relivence at all to this quote, but we used to refer to a kid in my old school as 'Cookie' due to his ginger hair and freckles. I Just found it amusing that the name pretty much meant the same thing once it was changed. Anyway just stopping by per usal to say hi.