Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Congratulation Black-Flag (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200990)

nelito 17 Jul 2015 10:43

Congratulation Black-Flag

Congrats for all the members who put alot of effort in this round,

thanks you clouds for the fail dcing, Gos: for the retarded mails,DG for the shitty targets, and Chronox for failing in general

and thanks for our allies CT,Rainbows you guys where awesome

Shitty award goes to many aliances they know themselves

Now lets vote on banning clouds from eorc

NoXiouS 17 Jul 2015 11:29

Re: Congratulation Black-Flag

no need to ban clouds from eorc, he never participates, not even this time :D

fortran 17 Jul 2015 15:06

Unless he tries to get the free credit for most tagged nicks. At those situations he can even make up for the rounds he didn't show up.
Anyway, a 25 mi score gap is a flawless win. Congratulations.

BloodyButcher 17 Jul 2015 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortran (Post 3244417)
Unless he tries to get the free credit for most tagged nicks. At those situations he can even make up for the rounds he didn't show up.
Anyway, a 25 mi score gap is a flawless win. Congratulations.

He had like 6 nicks at EORC some rounds ago, guess that makes up for this round

[DDK]gm 17 Jul 2015 16:37

Congrats Clouds and Blackflag!

lokken 17 Jul 2015 16:45

Deserved winners. Congratulations from ascendancy.

Mzyxptlk 17 Jul 2015 17:21

Congratulations from me.

Cochese 17 Jul 2015 17:49

Prost!

Nitros 17 Jul 2015 21:13

Congrats BF

oil 17 Jul 2015 23:10

First round you played without me.

I...

booji 17 Jul 2015 23:56

Congrats bf... Well done on politics at least. No idea if you deserve congratulations on the military side or not as I barely got a chance to attack you guys so test your def :p (I guess stats will show this through number of incs and recalls soon enough) your incs on us were no better than any other alliance ;)

Greg 18 Jul 2015 00:08

Well done Black-Flag

Clouds 19 Jul 2015 00:11

Thank you to most of you for doing the sportsmanship thing and congratulating us on our victory. While some of you don't agree that we deserve it, you are entitled to your opinions of course, but I personally think that we did everything we could to make it an interesting round. It's not like we fenced and won.

Black Flag has always been flamed (mainly by BB) about our fence-sitting strategies, and it is only recently that we played with more ambition.

The fundamental reason we why challenged Ultores the past two rounds is because we didn't want this game to be in a constant cycle where Ultores dominates every round. We could've just adopted the fence-sitting attitude like other alliances and played an easy round, it probably would've been less stressful to be honest, but we wanted to make these rounds more interesting, and I think we have.

Ultores are naturally a strong alliance. They have their defence strategies spot on and they have dedicated defenders/DCs too. Agar3s especially is a very competent DC and he's probably one of the sole reasons why they have such strong military. Though, Ultores should never be underestimated even when they are put down, because as history has shown us, they can bounce back very easily.

p3nguins I'm interested in. They have won two rounds (recent), but each time they challenged Ultores they lost, and now they seem to have supported them ever since. It could be out of fear or respect.

It'll be interesting if p3nguins has any plans to play with more ambition again. They certainly have the experience.

Anyone that decides to play with more ambition in future rounds will certainly have my respect, because it isn't easy!

The members of Black Flag worked hard for this victory and they deserve it. So once again, thank you all for your kind comments!

Munkee 19 Jul 2015 08:56

I believe we challenged ult once? Under similar circumstances to what ult saw this time with 3 of top 4 hitting us. They had better naps/agreements in place that round as we had no support from those in the lower teams to join us in a block to hit back. We by no means took the same number of incs but it was early enough to be unrecoverable for us.

The support for ult if you look back has been in existence ever since they threw us a bone and supported p3ng when spore had 5 alliances on us. Ult were there only ones to cease the bashing. That's been 6 round ago now? Either way it's nothing recent. When they get bashed we support the same as they support those who get bashed to.

Congratulations on your win. I'm glad you take interest in p3nguins.

Blue_Esper 19 Jul 2015 10:17

may as well have fence sat with the block tactics

Mzyxptlk 19 Jul 2015 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3244485)

**** off with this shit. QQ people do politics, get over it already. You want a game without politics? Go play chess.

Blue_Esper 19 Jul 2015 10:50

theres no skill in finding support to block up vs ult, stop claiming it was some kind of political masterclass

Clouds 19 Jul 2015 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkee (Post 3244484)
I believe we challenged ult once?

I think you've challenged them twice. I don't have a clear memory of the first time, but the second time was when Black Flag supported Ultores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkee (Post 3244484)
The support for ult if you look back has been in existence ever since they threw us a bone and supported p3ng when spore had 5 alliances on us. Ult were there only ones to cease the bashing. That's been 6 round ago now? Either way it's nothing recent. When they get bashed we support the same as they support those who get bashed to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3244485)

Ultores didn't get "bashed" this round, and it certainly wasn't a block hitting them (not until Asc joined ofc). It was mainly BF/CT hitting them consistently as Bows were only chipping in every now and then.

Ultores were handling themselves well. The only thing that was killing them was they a) had minimal support due to Rogues backing out, and b) they were pumping about 70% of their value into defence. Their incs were "manageable" before Asc joined.

It's not like we went to other alliances and organised something overkill against you. It was a fair fight, so I'm not sure what you're moaning about, Esper.

You had ND/Rogues in your corner, and p3n as backup, so in all fairness you had the bigger block.

My comments and respect of Ultores still stands, even if Esper can't be man enough and accept a defeat this round.

Mzyxptlk 19 Jul 2015 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3244487)
theres no skill in finding support to block up vs ult, stop claiming it was some kind of political masterclass

There's no skill in setting an alarm every night for 3am, stop pretending ally defense is some kind of olympic level activity.

Look how easy it is to denigrate an alliance's achievements!

Nitros 19 Jul 2015 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3244488)
Ultores didn't get "bashed" this round, and it certainly wasn't a block hitting them (not until Asc joined ofc). It was mainly BF/CT hitting them consistently as Bows were only chipping in every now and then.

The last thing isnt true, making the first bit false aswell.
You cant say 3v1 isnt a block.

Regardless. Well played and congrats.

Blue_Esper 19 Jul 2015 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3244489)
There's no skill in setting an alarm every night for 3am, stop pretending ally defense is some kind of olympic level activity.

Look how easy it is to denigrate an alliance's achivements!

i've never said that, it's everyone else who thinks ult is some sort of godlike alliance

Mzyxptlk 19 Jul 2015 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3244491)
i've never said that, it's everyone else who thinks ult is some sort of godlike alliance

I said 'pretended', not that 'said'.

You (and Ultores in general) have a tendency to act like the things that you're good at (defense, resilience, coming back from behind) are the right things to be good at, and that you somehow deserve the win because of them (because if not BF, then who?), whereas politics is the wrong thing to be good at, somehow less worthy of praise, or even shameful. To which I respond: it's all in the game, yo.

Blue_Esper 19 Jul 2015 11:51

having won so many rounds it is a lot easier for ult to find enemies than friends

Blue_Esper 19 Jul 2015 11:51

we usually have at least 2 enemies before ticks start

Zh|l 19 Jul 2015 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3244493)
having won so many rounds it is a lot easier for ult to find enemies than friends

Other alliances have 'won many rounds too'. Infact, even with 'new alliances' the people in them have won many rounds before too.

Still, if we're sticking to only current alliances then both ND and CT have won "many rounds".

You do realise that when multiple alliances want to win, they have to consider Ultores an enemy as it's one of the hurdles to getting #1? I can't believe you even thought this comment was worthy enough to make - it's like you're moaning that people actually put up a fight. As if "how dare other alliances want to win".

fortran 19 Jul 2015 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3244487)

Yet making this while having Clouds's shadow behind is idd some kind of political masterclass. BF did something different from other rounds and must be praised. So let him with his pedant speech. He deserves it.

BloodyButcher 19 Jul 2015 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3244493)

How so? The other round Ult had the least incs in the top5

Mzyxptlk 19 Jul 2015 16:48

Second-most, actually, assuming you're referring to round 61, though the top 4 were all within 500 incs of each other that round.

Here's some more data for the last 10 rounds that Ultores played, including once as Ultprime, once as FURGEON, but ignoring Apprime.

Ultores won 2 of those 10 rounds (61, 60).

Ultores had significantly more incs than other alliances 4 times (62, 57, 52, 49), and significantly less 3 times (60 (won), 58, 56). The other 3 rounds (61, 59, 55, 50) they were about average, compared to the rest of the top 4-5 those rounds.

The average number of incs for non-Ultores top 5 alliances was 3043 per round. The average number of incs for Ultores was 3691.

eksero 19 Jul 2015 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Second-most, actually, assuming you're referring to round 61, though the top 4 were all within 500 incs of each other that round.

Here's some more data for the last 10 rounds that Ultores played, including once as Ultprime, once as FURGEON, but ignoring Apprime.

Ultores won 2 of those 10 rounds (61, 60).

Ultores had significantly more incs than other alliances 4 times (62, 57, 52, 49), and significantly less 3 times (60 (won), 58, 56). The other 3 rounds (61, 59, 55, 50) they were about average, compared to the rest of the top 4-5 those rounds.

The average number of incs for non-Ultores top 5 alliances was 3043 per round. The average number of incs for Ultores during was 3691.

I believe the FURGION round wasn't really ult as we had quite a lot of apprimes in the tag, as well as the heroes guys (iirc!)

Not that it actually matters i guess!

lokken 19 Jul 2015 17:27

If the last alliance standing to face down the eventual winners is an alliance that sends about 20% less fleets than the rest of the top 4, and they lose with a week to spare, you are well beaten whatever happened.

For all thats been discussed in this thread I think black flags politics were a lot dirtier than many would believe. Their nap with ult inadvertently got everyone outside the top 3 hitting each other early on, massively to their benefit (think how the reverse of that is perceived) and they pretty much sat on their hands and left conspiracy (supposed ally) to die when we hit them as it suited their goals.

DrunkenViking 19 Jul 2015 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3244488)

Ultores were handling themselves well. The only thing that was killing them was they a) had minimal support due to Rogues backing out, and b) they were pumping about 70% of their value into defence. Their incs were "manageable" before Asc joined.

It's not like we went to other alliances and organised something overkill against you. It was a fair fight, so I'm not sure what you're moaning about, Esper.

You had ND/Rogues in your corner, and p3n as backup, so in all fairness you had the bigger block.

My comments and respect of Ultores still stands, even if Esper can't be man enough and accept a defeat this round.

Blue was inactive and crashed and don't reflect ult views. We were overkilled once asc joined in. We were having "managable" incs at the very limit from pt400'ish, grounding over half the nights till pt750 or so. "Managable" in the sense that Ultores managed them, noone else would have. We did NOT have Rogues in our corner till a few nights after asc started hitting us. They targetted with us for 1 single night earlier in the round(around pt500?). ND joined us when Rogues backed out. And despite p3ng's offer to help, i didnt want to kick off mass blocking and/or give asc/fl the incentive to join your block so i elected to not ask their help before asc joined bf/ct/bows.

We did most certainly NOT have the bigger block. From pt400'ish till pt750'ish we fought 3 t5 alliances with only the help of the r10 alliance. So don't you claim we had the bigger block just because p3ng offered to help us, they had an ingame nap with bf all that time aswell.

The round was fair untill asc joined bf/ct and ult had to withstand incs from all t3 alliances + the r5 alliance. So for the first 750 ticks, the round was fair. BF/CT/bows had knocked us from #1 till #3 by themself by then, and still found more help for the job.

For the record, you made the winning plays by outblocking us, don't try to claim otherwise. It's still a win, and congrats on that.

Clouds 19 Jul 2015 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenViking (Post 3244502)
"Managable" in the sense that Ultores managed them, noone else would have.

No, that is not what I meant by manageable. The context I was trying to use is that Ultores was receiving (at a guess) 110-120 fleets a night for a longer period, whereas Black Flag/Ascendancy/CT were receiving 270-300 fleets for a longer period. Ultores' incoming were more manageable, even if for a longer period. Holding your ground against 300 fleets is near impossible, even if it's for a shorter period.

You're presuming that no-one else is capable of defending. You (& Ultores in general) have a very high and biased opinion of yourself. While you have earned this right, it clouds your judgement of other alliances.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you precieve Black Flag for example as adequate defenders and that we are no match against Ultores from a military point of view. While I'm in no position to compare Black Flag to Ultores (I'm the first to admit that Ultores is the more superior alliance), I will say this; don't under-estimate our military abilities. Last round is a good example, Ultores+Faceless were struggling to land on BF. I specifically remember Zwanstic asking for a ceasefire for this reason. It wasn't until later that you gathered more support.

Quote:

We did NOT have Rogues in our corner till a few nights after asc started hitting us. They targetted with us for 1 single night earlier in the round(around pt500?). ND joined us when Rogues backed out. And despite p3ng's offer to help, i didnt want to kick off mass blocking and/or give asc/fl the incentive to join your block so i elected to not ask their help before asc joined bf/ct/bows.

I'm not going to accuse you of lying because I respect you as a player, but Rogues most certainly did hit us for quite a few nights before they backed out. It's why they came to BF/CT asking for a joint ceasefire as they had other problems to address.

Quote:

The round was fair untill asc joined bf/ct and ult had to withstand incs from all t3 alliances + the r5 alliance. So for the first 750 ticks, the round was fair. BF/CT/bows had knocked us from #1 till #3 by themself by then, and still found more help for the job.

For the record, you made the winning plays by outblocking us, don't try to claim otherwise. It's still a win, and congrats on that.

We made the winning plays by "outblocking" (if you want to term it that way) to beat Ultores, yes, but this strategy didn't necessarily win us the round. By the time Ultores was out, you had already gathered an overkill block, by which time we had to adjust our strategy.

Wouter 19 Jul 2015 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3244506)
No, that is not what I meant by manageable. The context I was trying to use is that Ultores was receiving (at a guess) 110-120 fleets a night for a longer period, whereas Black Flag/Ascendancy/CT were receiving 270-300 fleets for a longer period. Ultores' incoming were more manageable, even if for a longer period. Holding your ground against 300 fleets is near impossible, even if it's for a shorter period.

You're presuming that no-one else is capable of defending. You (& Ultores in general) have a very high and biased opinion of yourself. While you have earned this right, it clouds your judgement of other alliances.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you precieve Black Flag for example as adequate defenders and that we are no match against Ultores from a military point of view. While I'm in no position to compare Black Flag to Ultores (I'm the first to admit that Ultores is the more superior alliance), I will say this; don't under-estimate our military abilities. Last round is a good example, Ultores+Faceless were struggling to land on BF. I specifically remember Zwanstic asking for a ceasefire for this reason. It wasn't until later that you gathered more support.

I'm not going to accuse you of lying because I respect you as a player, but Rogues most certainly did hit us for quite a few nights before they backed out. It's why they came to BF/CT asking for a joint ceasefire as they had other problems to address.

We made the winning plays by "outblocking" (if you want to term it that way) to beat Ultores, yes, but this strategy didn't necessarily win us the round. By the time Ultores was out, you had already gathered an overkill block, by which time we had to adjust our strategy.

Loads of bla bla.
I said it before and I will say it again, Ultores won. We always win.

PS: wonder why all those planets that escorted you guys around tick 400 got closed :(

Mzyxptlk 19 Jul 2015 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter (Post 3244507)

I think this may be the first time I use this, ever: :salute:

Clouds 19 Jul 2015 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter (Post 3244507)
Loads of bla bla.

PS: wonder why all those planets that escorted you guys around tick 400 got closed :(

Using trolling to present your argument.

DG 19 Jul 2015 21:11

They must be talking about themselves, when referring to support planets.

eksero 19 Jul 2015 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds
The context I was trying to use is that Ultores was receiving (at a guess) 110-120 fleets a night for a longer period

The lowest we had while this was going on was 130, with most nights being 150+

Quote:

Using trolling to present your argument.

Not at all.

We had around 10-12 small xan fi planets (100% phantoms and pods) attacking us on BF fi waves. Strangely enough, these planets always ended up recalling when the wave was through ally/galdef.

I reported these planets, and they did end up getting closed shortly after :rolleyes:

And since your tag didn't seem to suffer any planet losses, one can only assume these planets were not in any tag.

DG 19 Jul 2015 22:00

We best let purple troll put a mirror to his face. Hardly any of Ultores Xans had even any pods and never attacked.

They must of got lost in the pigeon post.

Oh yes, the IRONY of it is fantastic to see.

Wouter 19 Jul 2015 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 3244517)
We best let purple troll put a mirror to his face. Hardly any of Ultores Xans had even any pods and never attacked.

Yes and 0 of them got closed, while all of your (out of tag) support planets got closed.
Second round in a row.
Coincidence?
I think not.

Clouds 19 Jul 2015 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter (Post 3244518)
Yes and 0 of them got closed, while all of your (out of tag) support planets got closed.
Second round in a row.
Coincidence?
I think not.

You just assume they were related to Black Flag. You don't actually have any proof.

I don't think I said anything negative about Ultores, I was merely discussing the round from my personal point of view. Stop being a sore loser. Yes we all know that Ultores is the best bla bla.

Nice propaganda attempt by the way.

eksero 19 Jul 2015 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG

Our xans were all in tag.

Does being in a tag mean that you have to attack on a regular basis?

Or are sitting in a tag doing scans only or sending def only viable options too?

eksero 19 Jul 2015 22:10

Quote:

You just assume they were related to Black Flag. You don't actually have any proof.

I don't think I said anything negative about Ultores, I was merely discussing the round from my personal point of view. Stop being a sore loser. Yes we all know that Ultores is the best bla bla.

Nice propaganda attempt by the way.

Let's say they weren't related to BF.

How did they always manage to piggy your fi waves (never your co waves) and then recall once the wave was clear of ally/galdef?

DG 19 Jul 2015 22:14

The Ultore Xan support planets didn't attack at all. That's termed as a repeated action under the rules.

Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a planet/organisation, where an organisation is defined as an alliance or galaxy.

Now scanners are exempt from this.

Now just because the pa team can't be bothered as this would lose more of the player base, doesn't mean its no more wrong.

eksero 19 Jul 2015 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG
They didn't attack at all. That's termed as a repeated action under the rules.

Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a planet/organisation, where an organisation is defined as an alliance or galaxy.

Now scanners are exempt from this.

Now just because the pa team can't be bothered as this would lose more of the player base, doesn't mean its no more wrong.

What exactly is unfair? That people play the game different to you?

What about people 3 fleet attacking every night, should they be closed too?

Clouds 19 Jul 2015 22:34

Arguing on the internet like a baus! :rolleyes:

eksero 19 Jul 2015 22:41

Quote:

Arguing on the internet like a baus! :rolleyes:

Well you guys don't seem to have any other arguments than it being unfair. Why is it unfair?

Does a planet belonging to a tag have to send 2 attacks 1 def every night? Why not 3 def or 3 attacks?

ND have had planets sending def only for many many rounds, so if this was such a big deal. why hasn't people mentioned it before?

Joseph 19 Jul 2015 22:43

this is very sad for PA image.
point out other one to justify your own fault.

whats done is done, since r1 there are cheaters around. same for politics, economy, etc.

only thing i cant agree is, defwhore can never ever be punised by defending only. its just idiot do it.

u need entire team to win, scanners, defenders, attackers, its like a soccer team.

looks like pa team think the same

Clouds 19 Jul 2015 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3244526)
Well you guys don't seem to have any other arguments than it being unfair. Why is it unfair?

Does a planet belonging to a tag have to send 2 attacks 1 def every night? Why not 3 def or 3 attacks?

ND have had planets sending def only for many many rounds, so if this was such a big deal. why hasn't people mentioned it before?

I didn't comment on your support planets, that was DG.

eksero 19 Jul 2015 22:54

Quote:

I didn't comment on your support planets, that was DG.

Wery well. What were your comment aimed at then?

DG 19 Jul 2015 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph (Post 3244527)
this is very sad for PA image.
point out other one to justify your own fault.

whats done is done, since r1 there are cheaters around. same for politics, economy, etc.

only thing i cant agree is, defwhore can never ever be punised by defending only. its just idiot do it.

u need entire team to win, scanners, defenders, attackers, its like a soccer team.

looks like pa team think the same

Its just a crying shame Ultores have to resort to fictitious fabrications to justify their own actions.