Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   who are ReSa? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197128)

horn 4 Nov 2008 01:49

who are ReSa?

name sounds pretty ugly. probably from the continent. where have they come from?

Gabriel 4 Nov 2008 02:13

Re: who are ReSa?

Filthy foreign scum!

Kenny 4 Nov 2008 03:50

from last round's Redemption and the new alliance that didn't quite make it Saiph, merging together.

HellKicker 5 Nov 2008 00:45

also, they are hosting several good players, and also a few really bad ones.

good post btw

HeimdallR 22 Nov 2008 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellKicker (Post 3158233)
also, they are hosting several good players, and also a few really bad ones.

good post btw

yeah found that out the hard way :(
stupid shipjumpers

Assassin 22 Nov 2008 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeimdallR (Post 3159220)
yeah found that out the hard way :(
stupid shipjumpers

That unfortunatly we also have. (ship jumpers) but i am curious, as to where exactly all these resa players have now gone as all the top say 6 alliances are 'full' so as resa was once on 60 members in tag where they all gone?

CBA 22 Nov 2008 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin (Post 3159234)
That unfortunatly we also have. (ship jumpers) but i am curious, as to where exactly all these resa players have now gone as all the top say 6 alliances are 'full' so as resa was once on 60 members in tag where they all gone?

Outta tag audentes players?

Inforza 22 Nov 2008 21:49

for some players an ally is never completly filled up, even if the memberbase says 75

Mzyxptlk 22 Nov 2008 23:45

Ingame tags only give the illusion of a level playing field.

Thatcher 23 Nov 2008 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin (Post 3159234)

afaik alot left the game
:/

HellKicker 23 Nov 2008 03:58

Alliances that disband midround ftl, makes a lot of people leave the game. It's completely retarded.

Who's to blame? Normally the hc for being stupid enough to not being able to commit.

Star 23 Nov 2008 04:44

In reply to Thatcher... how would you know? Coz you clearly don't.

HellKicker.. I'm surprised by your **** post too. All of ReSa's actives are still playing the game probably upto 50 or so in several alliances. The inactives were just kicked from the ally.

Due to circumstances beyond control ReSa disbanded this round. It's not always HC's to blame, unfortunately alliance jumpers etc etc etc... not gonna bother to explain everything because it's not really anyone elses business.

HellKicker 23 Nov 2008 05:04

You're right, i don't know enough about ReSas situation to blame the HC. Post modified.

Mzyxptlk 23 Nov 2008 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellKicker (Post 3159273)
Alliances that disband midround ftl, makes a lot of people leave the game. It's completely retarded.

Who's to blame? Normally the hc for being stupid enough to not being able to commit.

I totally agree. It's so unfair!

I think it should be illegal to disband your alliance midround.

[B5]Londo 23 Nov 2008 12:05

I quite agree with Mz, the HCs have a responsibility to their members, keep going or failing that find them other viable options, being a HC should not just be a power trip taken on a whim

lustig 23 Nov 2008 13:26

sometimes things just dont work out to plan and aren't anyones fault in particular. its annoying when people bitch and moan about something they know nothing about.

[B5]Londo 23 Nov 2008 13:30

just because its no-ones fault does not actually absolve HC of responsibility to their members

lustig 23 Nov 2008 13:36

but in this case it was not the hc's fault personally. also its not like they left their members high and dry they provided viable options to play on and a lot of them did.

[B5]Londo 23 Nov 2008 13:45

well thats fine then aint it

mPulse 24 Nov 2008 05:41

Its amusing to read all these speculations from various by-standers who have absolutely nothing to do with what they are talking about.
Londo, u know full well we'd have kept things together if we saw it as being fair on the remaining members. In this case we felt it wasnt fair to ask the remaining players to stay playing under the ReSa tag so we tried to find them all homes instead. I feel that that should be more than capable of putting aside any accusations regarding a lack of responsibilty, or neglect on the part of the HC's.

stay_posi 24 Nov 2008 06:06

hi mpulse! :up:

[B5]Londo 24 Nov 2008 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mPulse (Post 3159360)
Londo, u know full well we'd have kept things together if we saw it as being fair on the remaining members. In this case we felt it wasnt fair to ask the remaining players to stay playing under the ReSa tag so we tried to find them all homes instead. I feel that that should be more than capable of putting aside any accusations regarding a lack of responsibilty, or neglect on the part of the HC's.

The only ReSa HC who I really talk too these days is Hiall and tbh his departure seemed to be along the lines of omg I have a big planet so ReSa cant protect meh!
my apologies for tarring u all with the same brush

mPulse 24 Nov 2008 09:05

"seemed to be". There was more to it than that.

booji 24 Nov 2008 11:27

I have no knowledge of resa...
so long as the members were happy with it and involved in the decision then I dont see that it matters when an alliance disbands, tho ofc the end of the round is generally best due to it not leaving members with so many difficulties.
it would however be wrong if it was a HC decision with no consultation, so I would imagine, and hope, that this was not the case.

mPulse 24 Nov 2008 11:31

we most certainly did consult with the members, we even setup another channel to tell them all one by one!

_Kila_ 24 Nov 2008 11:50

hey guys I hear ReSa disbanded because some terrorist organisation (arabs, no doubt!) hacked all their top planets. Confirm/deny please?

mPulse 24 Nov 2008 12:00

yup, 100% true! it was denial!

HeimdallR 24 Nov 2008 14:55

wasn't the hc teams fault at all.
just some idiots that gotten big, didn't have any defpoints and where affraid they wouldn't get def in ReSa. so mostly a selfish act by those topplayers in ReSa. we lost many players like that, leaving our attacks uncovered after a while so looking for another option for the remaining active members was a solid move by the hc's.

this is just my view on it as a former member of ReSa

HellKicker 24 Nov 2008 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3159309)
I totally agree. It's so unfair!

I think it should be illegal to disband your alliance midround.

HI MZ

You and HK make big 2-man ally next round that doesn't emoquit midround?

Veedeejem! 24 Nov 2008 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellKicker (Post 3159380)
HI MZ

You and HK make big 2-man ally next round that doesn't emoquit midround?

Invite me and you'll have a 3-man ally where 1 person emo-quits during the round!
Drama for the forums guaranteed!

Assassin 24 Nov 2008 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3159236)
Outta tag audentes players?

As amusing as that is the answer is no. But still the question still stands. Are the MHs looking into these guys? I should hope so, due to they closed one of my members for apparently out of tag supporting. Which was a story which was totally out of order and we wont go there but i want to know where all those 50+ members went.

galla 25 Nov 2008 00:03

What a ridiculous statement, the admins have a full list of coords, remember we were tagged. They are fully aware of where each and every planet now resides within the alliance structure of pa, try and think it through before you type such idiotic posts.

Mzyxptlk 25 Nov 2008 00:16

That doesn't mean they've looked at it though.

galla 25 Nov 2008 00:36

You know where to find the admins, #planetarion, why not pop in there, ask the question and wake up and smell the coffee.

Mzyxptlk 25 Nov 2008 09:05

Problem is, I don't even like coffee. Metaphorically speaking, that is.

Alki 25 Nov 2008 15:01

Smell My Coffee Bitch

Assassin 25 Nov 2008 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by galla (Post 3159415)
What a ridiculous statement, the admins have a full list of coords, remember we were tagged. They are fully aware of where each and every planet now resides within the alliance structure of pa, try and think it through before you type such idiotic posts.

Ill make a few comments here to actually respond to you.

1) Who are you? Are you a HC of Resa?
2) I know exactly how the admins can view people as i used to be one. I am pointing out though with a simple tool called 'Sandmans' u can see since Resa disbanded hardly any of the top 15 tags have gone up to the extent of 50-60 members just vanishing out of the Resa tag. Meaning, if there not in tag then they are support planets.
3) #planetarion is not the offical channel to find the admins. That would be #support for general queries and of course #multihunters for admins who catch cheats.

Does this make it easier for you?

HeimdallR 25 Nov 2008 20:35

Don't worry the former Resa alliance members are well spread over the universe.

with one ally (HR)getting around 15 of the active players.
have to remember 10 actives allready left before ReSa disbanded.
so any speculation about people being out of tag somewhere are unfounded.

Willzzz 25 Nov 2008 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeimdallR (Post 3159458)
Don't worry the former Resa alliance members are well spread over the universe.

with one ally (HR)getting around 15 of the active players.
have to remember 10 actives allready left before ReSa disbanded.
so any speculation about people being out of tag somewhere are unfounded.

I dont think assman is claiming Resa (or former Resa rather) are cheating etc by been support planets, however your maths still doesnt add up. Im sure Resa had at least 55 members in tag at one point. Your count makes 25. So where are the rest? During your time of disbanding as assman said sandmans didnt show up any major adding of members after that period. So still quite a few left unaccounted for unless they just vanished into thin air.

And assman no need to mention the closures, i think most of the PA community know it was myself who was closed for the 'support planet rule' by Ace. Im still waiting for an admin to produce some actual facts/evidence to this other then 'no your not been re-oppend becuase we said so' plus the fact the rule was removed via an anouncement around 2-3 rounds ago and was never anounced it was brought back. But thats another matter.

Veedeejem! 25 Nov 2008 22:48

there's a support planet rule now again?

eksero 25 Nov 2008 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willzzz (Post 3159460)
Im still waiting for an admin to produce some actual facts/evidence to this other then 'no your not been re-oppend becuase we said so' plus the fact the rule was removed via an anouncement around 2-3 rounds ago and was never anounced it was brought back. But thats another matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cincinnatus

Round 26
We would like to announce the following changes for Round 26:

Alliance limits will be increased to 75 and the support planet rule will be in effect.

Assassin 25 Nov 2008 23:03

Im glad you pointed this out above regarding Cins post eksero, as the MH team itself when i went to ask regarding this been publicly made known after willzzz's closure not one could provide me with this. Lack of communication perhaps?

Again though willzzz did nothing wrong to worrent this closure. Other then of course been out of tag, which lets face it how many this round avoided tagging till last minuite out of denial, ourselves and asc. Does this mean loads of us will be closed?

HeimdallR 26 Nov 2008 12:16

my numbers don't need to add up if i say they are spread over the universe.

the bulk of it went to HR that is all.
where the 20 inactives went to i don't know, but i doubt it was any of the top 7 allies

lustig 27 Nov 2008 01:53

Does it really matter where they went? No.

But to satisfy your curiosity, you talked about us having 50-60 members at one point, which dropped significantly from people ship jumping, then inactives were kicked and after the disband the majority broke off and joined a different alliance (the majority at this point being about 15 members).
A few other players left and did their own thing as well.

Achilles 3 Dec 2008 14:31

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to get back talking about the powerhouse alliance that merits many more pages of discourse - ReSa. Now, ReSa is not just another poorly conceived startup attempt, oh no siree! It's mis-capitalised name shall resonate forever with anyone who has so much seen a computer upon which someone else has played Planetarion.

Hypothetically though, if they ever do fall apart then I guess this thread wouldn't really have much relevance any longer and so people could probably just post inane crap on it without anyone taking the whole thing WAY too ****ing seriously. Only time will tell of course.

Alki 3 Dec 2008 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedeejem! (Post 3159906)
Alki Discussions

WE CAN ONLY DREAM BELGIAN, WE CAN ONLY DREAM.

I hear if you close your eyes really tight, put your hands together and really wish for it, and i mean REALLY wish for it you'll get it for christmas! Better get started only 22 days left!

G G G G G G G G G G-UNIT

Veedeejem! 3 Dec 2008 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles (Post 3159913)
I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to get back talking about the powerhouse alliance that merits many more pages of discourse - ReSa. Now, ReSa is not just another poorly conceived startup attempt, oh no siree! It's mis-capitalised name shall resonate forever with anyone who has so much seen a computer upon which someone else has played Planetarion.

Hypothetically though, if they ever do fall apart then I guess this thread wouldn't really have much relevance any longer and so people could probably just post inane crap on it without anyone taking the whole thing WAY too ****ing seriously. Only time will tell of course.

Just because ReSa never was a powerhouse alliance and that it fell appart pretty fast doesn't mean this thread is now reserved for penis-size, race / skincolor, various other bullshit posts.
You don't need to be so sarcastic about it either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki
WE CAN ONLY DREAM BELGIAN, WE CAN ONLY DREAM.

I hear if you close your eyes really tight, put your hands together and really wish for it, and i mean REALLY wish for it you'll get it for christmas! Better get started only 22 days left!

G G G G G G G G G G-UNIT

Alki Discussions 1
Alki Discussions 2

AND IT'S NOT EVEN CHRISTMAS YET!

Alki 3 Dec 2008 17:00

I feel i've not been truely honest with you belgian. You may need to brace yourself for the pwnage you are about to recieve...

i'm not gay :(

Veedeejem! 3 Dec 2008 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki (Post 3159932)
I feel i've not been truely honest with you belgian. You may need to brace yourself for the pwnage you are about to recieve...

i'm not gay :(

That is pwnage indeed!
I had hoped your bloodline would end with you but now i'm suddenly faced with the nightmare of you having offspring...

Though there's always the chance you're infertile

HellKicker 3 Dec 2008 17:51

Alki you are so leet that you can make 3 subsequent posts, i wish i was you