Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Interesting change in politics (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198299)

Tri 11 Nov 2009 20:18

Re: Interesting change in politics

I fully understand Appr being a bit pissed about the numbers they faced last night. Up to a certain point, it turns into a numbers game, and regardless of how skilled Appr is, it isnt even a fight. Though the occational easy roid is fun, that was pretty messed up.

Also, talking about the community would turn on Subh? It was, basically, the community attacking Appr. Subh is being singled out as the cowardice one because they happen to be #1 at present?

Tiamat101 11 Nov 2009 20:19

If you guys seriously thought that apprime was a threat for #1 then you were making mistakes anyway. A 60 man Ally would have out grown them just by numbers. Its not that hard of a concept to understand. But since you "blocked" the universe its gona be another Stupid round.

Just man up and start playing with some balls.

Light 11 Nov 2009 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri (Post 3184079)
Also, talking about the community would turn on Subh? It was, basically, the community attacking Appr. Subh is being singled out as the cowardice one because they happen to be #1 at present?

Who organised it though? :)

ND and CT are sh*t so we all know they didnt organised anything, and rank 4 or below alliances? why would they bother organising it?

Patrikc 11 Nov 2009 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3184081)
and rank 4 or below alliances? why would they bother organising it?

Hmm yea why would DLR/Euph be interested in +7% roids? No idea how last night's attack benefited them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiamat101 (Post 3184080)
Some stuff that made no sense

That was a good laugh, thanks!

Gio2k 11 Nov 2009 20:43

Pffft, it was one Apprime gal that got incs from subh. Walk it off :P
But honestly, i didn't know everybody and their dog would hit Apprime. You guys must have had incs on every single planet. What happened? Cardi was not online?

DrunkenViking 11 Nov 2009 20:47

imo we're just looking at the same as always, someone decided to level the fields. There's no secret that Apprime has outroided and outgrown all so far this round and have built seriously strong galaxies that everyone knew would be hit at some point. They were hit this morning with great force. Was it excessive? maybe. Was it inevitable? definitely! If i were apprime i would be glad that this hit took place now rather than 3 weeks from now, but i know many would disagree.

Strongholds will always be a target that will be hit with great force, at this point Apprime had the best strongholds. Doesnt matter is they were contenders for #1 or not. None of the contenders for #1 ally wants another ally than themself to hold the top gals and the top planets. Its a matter of prestige.

The curse of being better than the others in this game is that you will be gang****ed. Nothing new, nothing extraordinary. It's just the way the second and third best allies can better their own chances. Compliments to Apprime for being regarded the same threat as vts, fury, asc, exi and 1up has been in the past.

Mzyxptlk 11 Nov 2009 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate (Post 3184075)
Out of interest, what race(s) did asc go this round?

It looks like App went etd. Asc would be xan/zik?

Code:

Demographics for Ascendancy:
16 Cat Val(335k) Score(557k) Size(329) XP(3709)
 2 Ter Val(358k) Score(553k) Size(432) XP(3253)
13 Xan Val(551k) Score(707k) Size(602) XP(2605)
26 Zik Val(678k) Score(863k) Size(713) XP(3079)

Zik co, Cat co, Xan fi.

JonnyBGood 11 Nov 2009 20:59

It's great how utterly terrified most people seem to be of actually having to play planetarion.

DrunkenViking 11 Nov 2009 21:01

If it's me you're aiming at jbg, you should know that i'm just lazy...

JonnyBGood 11 Nov 2009 21:33

Not unless you're the sum total of everyone involved in the running of most pa alliances chimpie.

tetrac 11 Nov 2009 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3184078)
My own alliance hit them as well but i doubt it was Visions idea or priority to hit them. So i blame Subh as they did the same old blocking tactic instead of just hitting them by themselves.

Seems more than a little fallacious to blame one alliance for the actions of six.

JonnyBGood 11 Nov 2009 23:59

Someone initiated it and bears responsibility for it taking place obviously.

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184091)
Someone initiated it and bears responsibility for it taking place obviously.

Alliances are responsible for their own actions, nobody elses.

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 00:02

And if your own actions involve getting others organised in hitting someone you bear responsibility for those actions. Duh.

rUl3r 12 Nov 2009 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetrac (Post 3184092)
Alliances are responsible for their own actions, nobody elses.

Which doesn´t negate the point someone initialising it bears at least greater responsibility for what happens.

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184093)
And if your own actions involve getting others organised in hitting someone you bear responsibility for those actions. Duh.

Alliance 1: "Hey can you hit Alliance 2?"

Alliance 3: "No"

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetrac (Post 3184095)
Alliance 1: "Hey can you hit Alliance 2?"

And look where it started :(

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184096)
And look where it started :(

If Alliance 1 told you to jump off a cliff, would you?

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 00:12

No, but if Alliance 1 approached me, told me they had 4 other alliances involved in a night of targeting a big, fat alliance which I couldn't really roid effectively on my own and said that if I joined in I wouldn't get any incs off them for at least one night and possibly longer I might think about it.

I mean seriously you might as well start arguing an alliance HC doesn't initiate a war unless he logs in and sends the first hostile fleet himself. After all he's only telling people to do something!!!

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184098)
I mean seriously you might as well start arguing an alliance HC doesn't initiate a war unless he logs in and sends the first hostile fleet himself. After all he's only telling people to do something!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Defense

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetrac (Post 3184099)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

rUl3r 12 Nov 2009 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetrac (Post 3184099)

I smell a sense of Godwin’s law around somewhere...

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184100)

Well if you want it to call it that be my guest, its just the moral basis for your entire position on the issue :P

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetrac (Post 3184102)
Well if you want it to call it that be my guest, its just the moral basis for your entire position on the issue :P

Nah. I'm something more along the lines of saying Subh are inciting a riot. (I wasn't really doing that either, I'm just saying someone started it off, I don't actually know who for sure but from people's reactions, including your own, it seems reasonable to assume subh did).

You're more like denying Hitler bears any responsibility because all he did was give orders :(

Either way it's not a question of legal culpability. If you go out and start rabble rousing, get a mob together and go kick the shit out of someone you'd hardly be surprised if they showed up at your door a few days later carrying a really big stick with an unpleasant look on their face.

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184103)
Nah. I'm something more along the lines of saying Subh are inciting a riot.

You're more like denying Hitler bears any responsibility because all he did was give orders :(

Well the difference in this case is that Hitler/German Military is not analogous to the relationship between different alliances in PA.

I'm sure Mussolini would have welcomed you as an advocate though :)

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184103)
Either way it's not a question of legal culpability. If you go out and start rabble rousing, get a mob together and go kick the shit out of someone you'd hardly be surprised if they showed up at your door a few days later carrying a really big stick with an unpleasant look on their face.

The mob shows up or the victim?

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetrac (Post 3184104)
Well the difference in this case is that Hitler/German Military is not analogous to the relationship between different alliances in PA.

I'm sure Mussolini would have welcomed you as an advocate though :)

I'm not saying Mussolini/Italy bear no responsibility for anything that happened. He/they obviously bear responsibility for what they did. Equally Hitler/Germany bear responsibility for everything they did. In PA, which is a war game and not really analogous to any sort of real life war because in real life we think of wars as a bad thing as we believe killing people is a bad thing as opposed to the entire point of existence, people aren't that interested in who was the nth guy on the bandwagon because usually by that point it makes sense to join in. They're after the person who got them into this mess in the first place.

Whoever started this off bears responsibility for starting it off. This is hardly the world's most outlandish concept.

PS Victim and his mob maybe?

Knight Theamion 12 Nov 2009 01:11

Mussolini had Tom Lamont, also of Irish decent, but far cooler than JBG.

tetrac 12 Nov 2009 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184106)
...people aren't that interested in who was the nth guy on the bandwagon because usually by that point it makes sense to join in. They're after the person who got them into this mess in the first place

Well nobody is in a mess other than Apprime and maybe Subh I guess if the astroturfing campaign to paint them as the villains succeeds :D

lokken 12 Nov 2009 01:24

Lets be a bit clearer here:

If I was an HC playing this game and I see a block of A, B, C, D and E organised to hit me and A initiated and organised the whole charade, I'm going to pretty much want to go after A, unless it's militarily insane, in which case I'll be going for one of B, C, D or E until A becomes ripe for the picking. Regardless of which order I choose, A is still the primary target.

To think otherwise would be to suggest that you could blame say, Elysium in a war between (and apologies for using old school analogies here) Fury and Xanadu. None of this should be rocket science.

burgess 12 Nov 2009 12:49

It's true, sir. At first I didn't believe you, but your flea market... it is, in fact, quite similar to a mini mall.

Gio2k 12 Nov 2009 15:01

To be honest, this was probably a result of overestimating Apprime's strength this round. I for one, believe that Apprime has handled this amount of incoming effectively in earlier rounds. It either took them by surprise, or they just are not as strong as two rounds ago. Either way, they were set back a few notches and the round is still open.

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 15:15

Not really. In round 31 apprime were hit by a block maybe 4 times their size, they were already in first place with an average score and value lead, at a slightly later point in the round as well where activity and skill levels have come more into play, and they were spread out in different gals more so than this round and able to call on extra ingal def.

Cain 12 Nov 2009 15:15

Haha my god man, is your mother proud of having a child with no brains at all? You seem to forget the fact app was hit by 5 (or 6) alliances. We have 46 people in tag including scanners + useless inactive planets.

HOW EXACTLY WOULD ANY ALLY PLAYING LIKE THAT BE ABLE TO DEF AGAINST INCS LIKE THESE?

We ain't xan, we can't send fake fleets all over the place.
Go eat a brownie! thx

Gio2k 12 Nov 2009 15:39

1. Round 31 Apprime won. Ergo, hitting them later in the round with less force did not work. It seems logical to me to attack earlier and with better cooperation.

2. @Cain: Don't blame us for the fact that you did not go all xan and you can't fake defense, and that this time you did not to have any hidden out of tag planets (like the other rounds). Also, i did not expect you to handle all this incoming, i just did not expect you to get raped in a record-breaking manner.

Light 12 Nov 2009 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k (Post 3184118)
1. Round 31 Apprime won. Ergo, hitting them later in the round with less force did not work. It seems logical to me to attack earlier and with better cooperation.

2. @Cain: Don't blame us for the fact that you did not go all xan and you can't fake defense, and that this time you did not to have any hidden out of tag planets (like the other rounds). Also, i did not expect you to handle all this incoming, i just did not expect you to get raped in a record-breaking manner.

Round 30 Asc won. Ergo, we should hit them now before its toooooooo late!

Your comparing a 46 tagged alliance currently not even ranked top5.. with the r31 version of apprime? lol.

Gio2k 12 Nov 2009 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3184119)
Round 30 Asc won. Ergo, we should hit them now before its toooooooo late!

Your comparing a 46 tagged alliance currently not even ranked top5.. with the r31 version of apprime? lol.

Don't get me wrong, i would not have a single problem with hitting Asc exactly the same way Apprime got hit, but let's take it one alliance at a time :D

And no, I was comparing this rounds Apprime to the eXilition that played with 40 something players and still won at the end of the round. But you are right on the last bit: LOL.

JonnyBGood 12 Nov 2009 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k (Post 3184118)

Actually what r31 should have taught people is to summon up some balls and actually try playing pa instead of relying on outnumbering your opponent to get the job done because usually those numbers you're relying on really don't give a **** about you or your alliance.

gzambo 12 Nov 2009 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k (Post 3184121)
And no, I was comparing this rounds Apprime to the eXilition that played with 40 something players and still won at the end of the round.

was that the rd they had to merge right at the end of the rd to secure the win ?

Gio2k 12 Nov 2009 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184122)
Actually what r31 should have taught people is to summon up some balls and actually try playing pa instead of relying on outnumbering your opponent to get the job done because usually those numbers you're relying on really don't give a **** about you or your alliance.

Of course, why had no one thought about stepping up their PA game instead of blocking against an enemy superior activitywise. Damn!
One on one is not going to work. I could step up my basketball game all i can, i still will lose against Lebron one on one. One on one, activity wins, and we know that Apprime and Ascendancy have the most active players. So you have to find other ways of balancing the sides.

Now, i am not saying that we need to gangbang the shit out of Apprime. As I said, the gangbang was a result of overestimating their strength. Tonight it was just a normal night of Subh fighting Apprime. Subh has more numbers, Apprime has more activity. It seems an even fight at the moment.