Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ahahaha (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198448)

t3k 9 Jan 2010 06:41

Ahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by pia boards
- Main changes since R24 -

Battles: Redesigned and completely recoded battle system with such possibilities as cloaked EMP ships with additional stealing ability
Battles: Integrated battle calculator
Res/Con: Techs now bought with research credits instead of having to wait for their completion
Fleets: Home-fleets at smaller planets don't automatically participate in battles
Fleets: ETA-1 bonus on travel between parallels
Universe: Improvements to random placement/exile system
Universe: Randomally-placed BuddyPacks as an optional alternative to private galaxies
Scans: Scan-recall by coords and alliance scan database

Planetarion just got owned by PIA.

Kafir 9 Jan 2010 07:38

Re: Ahahaha

"Cloaked EMP ships with additional stealing ability" I just jizzed my pants

VampiriA 9 Jan 2010 07:46

how will an EMP ship steal at the same time!!!

but still i like it!

gj Lofteh and Anyone

t3k 9 Jan 2010 07:49

I think it's remarkable that people can still put in that level of effort to improve a game with a memberbase that's currently below 100 users and entirely free.

You don't even see that level of commitment in a game with 1k+ players which generates in excess of £4000 every 8 weeks or so.

Disgraceful.

Mzyxptlk 9 Jan 2010 12:34

I'm not seeing anything there that PA doesn't have. Meanwhile, ******** has been absolutely dead. In the last 2 years, a whopping 28 AD topics have been posted in and there are mods who haven't been around in a year, while PA has at least put in enough effort to keep the game going.

Critisise PA Team all you like, but saying that they put in less effort than whoever is "running" pia nowadays is blatantly untrue.

That said, I applaud their work and wish them all the luck in the world. It would be nice if pia could again become a viable alternative to PA.

Wishmaster 9 Jan 2010 17:01

PIA was great fun back in the days.

Knight Theamion 10 Jan 2010 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3187228)
PIA was great fun back in the days I got owned daily by Ministry.

Fixed. <3

Wishmaster 10 Jan 2010 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3187242)
Fixed. <3

hahahahaha :(

Did you guys ever win a round at all?
Dragons completely dominated ******** most of the time.

t3k 10 Jan 2010 15:57

There was a round Ministry allied with Elysium (two biggest alliances in the game), and were fighting Rock, Golden_Circle and... Hydra? I forget, but aye - Ministry won that round.

4:14 ftw.

Alki 10 Jan 2010 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3187244)

Thats because you lot had awesome vnc skills, and mrJ!

KoeN 10 Jan 2010 16:29

i quite like the changes pia made to the game. they're interesting enough, without affecting the essence of the game. being active is still rewarding there, atleast.

snoops^ 11 Jan 2010 04:28

lets all switch to PIA :D

Knight Theamion 11 Jan 2010 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3187244)

did you include the eta-0 def in that statement, if you say 'being dominated'? :)

Wishmaster 11 Jan 2010 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3187288)
did you include the eta-0 def in that statement, if you say 'being dominated'? :)

no I didnt! I spose I should though :)
never got it myself but I did see others who got it. sadly :(

and kenny.
That was r10.5 wasnt it? where we ( hydra / omen ) got #1 planet and controlled top gal? you won that round? \o/

JonnyBGood 11 Jan 2010 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3187300)
where we ( hydra / omen ) got #1 planet and controlled top gal?

lirled.

t3k 11 Jan 2010 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3187300)
and kenny.
That was r10.5 wasnt it? where we ( hydra / omen ) got #1 planet and controlled top gal? you won that round? \o/

I honestly can't remember what round that was - but the gal I was in was the only non-Ely/Ministry gal in the top 30, and even then we were only like #24 or something (which at the time was quite an acheivement).

I've never been Ministry except for a 2 day thing one time when I joined with Bradleykins - that was the round that got reset after a couple of days due to somebody exploiting the shit out of a bug. We then left/got kicked (depending on which version of the story you hear) and in regards to the round I was talking about I was in GoCi... for most of it (but that's another story).