Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Making life easier. (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198339)

Knight Theamion 8 Dec 2009 12:27

Making life easier.

I browsed quickly through the suggestions forums, couldn't find anything like this. But this is mostly a 'please add this, this won't really change gameplay, but does make it more enjoyable'.

Some of the tedium of large attacks is setting up a proper bcalc. I would like to see the possibility when doing a groupscan (like now you just AU all attackers) and say 'Add all fleets to attackers'.
When this is done it would be rather ace, since it would paste all fleets and all scores and values in it. If it doesn't pull too much DB work it would be handy to (probably just one time when pasting a scan, then just adding it to the bcalc DB) the coords to a fleet (or the planetname) so you see on the bcalc an overview which fleet is associated with which planet.
Another bcalc change I would like to see is at the bottom, I'd like to see a 'total visible ships' section for each individual fleet as for the whole attacker and defender side as well as 'total value' on each side.

Combined with this it would be handy if on the ally def page the attackers were sorted by coord. Now you get a set of scans, usually a groupset, and they are sorted by coord most of the time, while the list on the ally page is sorted in a different way (or not sorted at all). Matching fleets is then just a bit more tedious and doesn't add any excitement, so make that easier. With that in mind, setting one wave to 'covered' or 'uncovered' should be doable with one single click somewhere. If there is some FR/DE in a FI/CO wave or vice versa that isn't covered that can then be manually updated.
This is the same by the way with adding a bcalc to a wave. Just add one button when adding the bcalc 'apply to whole eta'.

Also a log file with who changed status would be cool. But if it isn't tracked now, not really needed.

This would be it for now, but might add more later. Thoughts, comments? Or if you support it make that clear too. Bigger chance of implementation etc.

rUl3r 8 Dec 2009 12:33

Re: Making life easier.

I like it. All sensible suggestions to improve handling and make the game more user friendly.
Pro.

Cowch 8 Dec 2009 15:33

Life is supposed to be hard. I think they should remove scans and all attacking fleets get a x2 bonus on damage. :p

Good ideas! Calcing during this war is pretty time consuming when there are 10 or 11 fleets on either side.

JonnyBGood 8 Dec 2009 15:39

I've always felt good approximation and fast/mental calcing are part of the skill-set that is the difference between normal players who aren't complete morons and "good" players" to be honest. But it'd probably help get more of your average middling alliance member involved so it's probably a good idea.

rUl3r 8 Dec 2009 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3185082)
I've always felt good approximation and fast/mental calcing are part of the skill-set that is the difference between normal players who aren't complete morons and "good" players" to be honest. But it'd probably help get more of your average middling alliance member involved so it's probably a good idea.

I basically agree with you there, but you hardly get around making a calc when you got half a dozen or more attacking fleets from different races on one wave and canīt just waste any of your allies fleets when you get large amounts of incomings. The approximation and mental calcing should still proide an advantage for those who posess those skills, but their life would be slightly more comfortable when you donīt have to add every single scan and coord manually.
In the end, itīs always better to have an idea from start on about what youīre looking for anyway.

Bams 9 Dec 2009 15:23

I especially like the idea of a calc showing the coords of the attacker/defender below the score/value part. Kinda annoying to find fleets by value / ships sent.

Knight Theamion 16 May 2010 03:29

Bump. To support firebirds idea.

Firebird 16 May 2010 03:43

Theam did i hijack ure idea ?? if so i apologise seems we have been thinking the same in some respects

Abort 16 May 2010 04:18

I agree totally. Good idea.

And to follow up on what JBG said... in the JGP, also show the race of each attacking and defending fleet... as he said, a mental calc can sometimes be enough, and knowing what race each fleet is makes it that much easier. :)

robban1 16 May 2010 21:11

oh my... do you guys want a nanny helping you with calcing too?

Cain 17 May 2010 10:35

i want a covop you can do on yourself wich makes the perfect bcalc.

Makhil 19 May 2010 09:31

I don't like the idea. You gain some battles just because the enemy is lazy of making the calc. I wouldn't want to lose that.

Knight Theamion 19 May 2010 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3192894)
I don't like the idea. You gain some battles just because the enemy is lazy of making the calc. I wouldn't want to lose that.

Dude.

Sun_Tzu 19 May 2010 19:14

You know what would make my life easier Theam? If you killed yourself! <3

Knight Theamion 19 May 2010 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun_tzu (Post 3192953)
you know what would make my life easier theam? If you killed yourself! <3

<3

rUl3r 20 May 2010 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3192928)
Dude.

Heīs right though :P
I bet we recalled from uncovered waves jsut because noone could be arsed doing a calc ;)