Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Chronicles of Riddick (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=179462)

Dace 8 Aug 2004 21:25

The Chronicles of Riddick

must

watch

now

Blastoderm 8 Aug 2004 21:42

Re: The Chronicles of Riddick

Seen the trailer when it came out in the U.S.

I think it's ok. A good watch. Won't be sure if it'll be better than Pitch Black.

Kurashima 8 Aug 2004 21:44

Did OK in the US. Any Sci-Fi featuring Judi Dench = Teh Win

Sunday8pm 8 Aug 2004 21:48

Tbh for sci-fi movie, it was a good watch, riddick is definately NOT winning any oscars but fills the gap that Stallone/schwarznegger/Van Damme has left in emotionless Action acting.

Great eye candy, storyline is intriguing if there are books accompanying it or based upon it I'd definately read them after seeing the moive, lots of semi hamminess and at points it screams TRON! at me.

I'd definately go along and watch it if you have nothing to do with your time and want to see something entertaining but not too taxing. Wasn't a waste of anyone's ticket imo but god knows if they'll cover the production costs for it.

Kurashima 8 Aug 2004 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Tbh for sci-fi movie, it was a good watch, riddick is definately NOT winning any oscars but fills the gap that Stallone/schwarznegger/Van Damme has left in emotionless Action acting.

Great eye candy, storyline is intriguing if there are books accompanying it or based upon it I'd definately read them after seeing the moive, lots of semi hamminess and at points it screams TRON! at me.

I'd definately go along and watch it if you have nothing to do with your time and want to see something entertaining but not too taxing. Wasn't a waste of anyone's ticket imo but god knows if they'll cover the production costs for it.

They did.

Grossed around $65 Mill in the US , will do good box office worldwide. Make its money back easy.

Belgarath The Sorcerer 8 Aug 2004 23:35

Saw this last month, it's pretty good, as Sunday said, as 'mindless' popcorn fodder. Vin Diesel is the new Arnie/Stallone/Van Damne action guy who's films don't need you to think.

1-X 8 Aug 2004 23:50

I prefer "The Ridicules of Chronic" which is a really shitty thing to say but I've typed it now and I'm about to press enter instead of delete. Sorry.

Dante Hicks 8 Aug 2004 23:55

I watched part of it about a month ago when we downloaded it. I fell asleep during the film which perhaps summarises how I felt about it. Basically I thought it sucked, but I don't like "fantasy sci-fi" that much.

LISELOTTE 9 Aug 2004 07:10

I will never ever watch anything with Vin Diesel ever again... EVER!!111

Kurashima 9 Aug 2004 08:14

Coming Soon - Vin Diesel versus The Rock in "Charisma - The Battle for Box Office"

Sunday8pm 9 Aug 2004 08:47

Apparrently the next part in the Chronicles of Riddick Trilogy will be all anime ala Kill Bill oni's childhood story style.

IncubusGod 9 Aug 2004 16:15

The game is coming out too but it has nothing to do with the film directly. You get to play as Riddick years before both films and you must escape from prison etc.

Apparently its an ace game.