Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Nagging over tiny things thread #2 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200417)

MrLobster 22 Jun 2015 20:58

Re: Nagging over tiny things thread #2

add vacation to bot files.

Benneh 22 Jun 2015 21:43

^Remove vacation mode

Hiding a fleet is now an option.
I dont think anyone uses vacation mode when they actually go on holiday....

Linkie 22 Jun 2015 22:00

Is there any reason we can't transfer ships to a pre-launched fleet?

Motti 22 Jun 2015 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linkie (Post 3243780)
Is there any reason we can't transfer ships to a pre-launched fleet?

When prelaunched, its by definition (ish) not on your planet, it is launched.

You can ofcourse just cancel the prelaunch, move ships into it and prelaunch again.

It is also safe from covops etc when prelaunched

Mzyxptlk 23 Jun 2015 10:56

On the History -> Cov ops page, the metric is ships stolen. Value stolen would be better.

Linkie 23 Jun 2015 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motti (Post 3243783)
When prelaunched, its by definition (ish) not on your planet, it is launched.

You can ofcourse just cancel the prelaunch, move ships into it and prelaunch again.

It is also safe from covops etc when prelaunched

Right, but not having to launch again would be less hassle, and I don't see any gameplay reason to not allow moving ships to/from prelaunched fleets.

Bram 23 Jun 2015 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linkie (Post 3243809)
Right, but not having to launch again would be less hassle, and I don't see any gameplay reason to not allow moving ships to/from prelaunched fleets.

The ETA of your fleet can change?
i.e. if you PL a FI fleet with 1+8 (i.e. eta 9) and then you add FR/DE ship it suddenty needs to launch at the tick instead of next tick..
Or if you PL a FI fleet with 1+8 (i.e. eta 9) and then you add a CR/BS ship it suddently should have launched already?

MrLobster 23 Jun 2015 20:43

^Remove meta travel times.

Mzyxptlk 24 Jun 2015 15:13

When the PA window is too narrow to display the entire right side of the page, a horizontal scroll bar is shown. When you scroll to the right, the page on the right slides under the menu.

That's all OK, but the menu has a transparant background, making it hard to read:

https://i.imgur.com/SCkSHfE.png

Text-only skin.

Linkie 24 Jun 2015 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bram (Post 3243823)
The ETA of your fleet can change?
i.e. if you PL a FI fleet with 1+8 (i.e. eta 9) and then you add FR/DE ship it suddenty needs to launch at the tick instead of next tick..
Or if you PL a FI fleet with 1+8 (i.e. eta 9) and then you add a CR/BS ship it suddently should have launched already?

That's valid. I'd still love to be able to transfer ships without having to recall and resend when possible though.

Mzyxptlk 25 Jun 2015 16:30

When you select a lot of messages to delete, the page takes forever to reload. I suspect that each message is deleted in an individual query to the database, and that this is making things very slow. It should be possible to optimize this.

Full disclosure: when I say "when you select a lot of messages to delete", I mean "the one time I selected a lot of messages to delete". I've only done it once, so we may be looking at an anomaly. However, I can rule out the interference by the mid-tick backup, this took place at xx:28.

Sidenote, god how I hate the midtick backup. I get that it's important and I'm not suggesting you remove it, but. :(

Mzyxptlk 25 Jun 2015 18:33

On the ship selling page, I'd expect the prices listed to be what I get for selling them, not their production cost.

Appocomaster 25 Jun 2015 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm (Post 3243686)
Fleets page: i know the checks for reloaded page is there for a reason but for people recalling fleets, why fail on that action because the page is out of date, just recall the fleet. so many are crashing because they recall in a rush and the game doesn't let them.

"so many" people are crashing but 0 people have reported this in support explicitly. This is the first I've heard of it. We added this because we had users who were clicking back and their browser re-loaded the page and resent fleet orders, which caused user complaints, which meant we added this. You're now complaining the opposite is also causing problems, so I can't see an ideal solution for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3243688)
Relatedly: 'Document Expired' errors are extremely annoying.

Sorry, what do you mean? Is this not a browser issue where you click back and a page says it expired because you already submitted something for it (i.e. it's trying to stop the issue I mentioned in my above reply to gm)?

[DDK]gm 25 Jun 2015 20:49

Invalid action request. This could be a result of your request having expired, double submitting the form or hitting back in your browser and resubmitting an old page/form

the changes were made because someone was exploiting the page wasnt it?? cant you just fix the code so when you reload a page it doesn't resend to the database and then give us a page that functions for recalling fleets.

MrLobster 26 Jun 2015 02:49

I do notice at xx:30 all game page can take an extra 10 seconds to load, is there a ticker at this time?

Mzyxptlk 26 Jun 2015 10:07

That's the midtick backup. Database has to be frozen while it runs.

Mzyxptlk 26 Jun 2015 10:35

It'd be nice if multiple identical scan requests were grouped together:

Code:

Tick Coords Nickname                Scan
662  x:y:z  person1,person2,person3  Jumpgate Probe > 15 amps

Mzyxptlk 27 Jun 2015 11:48

You can send alliance mails to selected access groups. You can also mail just HCs. The latter function is a subset of the former.

eksero 29 Jun 2015 11:20

Make it possible to mark all fleets on a wave covered with one click.

Linkie 29 Jun 2015 21:46

Move/duplicate the cov-op history in the cov-op page, same way as waves does today (so I can see my earlier cov-op targets in the relevant page).

Heartless 30 Jun 2015 23:12

On the universe page, when - for example - sorting by size, I don't get the top 100 planets in size, but rather top 100 score planets ordered by size.

Mzyxptlk 2 Jul 2015 09:45

Alliance scanners should not be shown scan requests if they cannot fulfill them because they lack the scan in question, or don't have enough amps.

lokken 2 Jul 2015 10:29

Alliance intel should show on every screen on every screen/scan when you highlight coordinates, instead of you having to go to alliance pages to see it. If you've got intel you should be able to see it everywhere.

Mzyxptlk 2 Jul 2015 11:41

When I do an incoming scan on my own planet, I'd like to be able to see returning fleets.

I think this may be the tiniest nag I've come up with so far.

Mzyxptlk 2 Jul 2015 12:25

HCT research is numbered sequentially. Change the numbers to coincide with number of roids each research allows you to mine: HCT200, HCT300, etc.

Mzyxptlk 3 Jul 2015 08:59

When you have alot of incomings, the alliance def page loads annoyingly slowly.

Mzyxptlk 3 Jul 2015 11:52

Timestamps in my news please.

lokken 4 Jul 2015 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken (Post 3243984)
Alliance intel should show on every screen on every screen/scan when you highlight coordinates, instead of you having to go to alliance pages to see it. If you've got intel you should be able to see it everywhere.

Yeah. Integrate galaxy and alliance screen, and if you set trusted, galaxy screen should have the same functionality as the alliance one. It's just confusing having to shift between the two because i can see more on the alliance one.

lokken 4 Jul 2015 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken (Post 3244106)
Yeah. Integrate galaxy and alliance screen, and if you set trusted, galaxy screen should have the same functionality as the alliance one. It's just confusing having to shift between the two because i can see more on the alliance one.

And intel on scans.

Heartless 4 Jul 2015 23:35

Get rid off those "confirm" check boxes on the fleets page. They make recalling fleets near impossible on a phone since their tinyness makes them hard to select, and on some skins it's near impossible to see when they are even checked.

Mzyxptlk 7 Jul 2015 18:24

Merge the universe combat report and news combat reports into 1 view containing all the information from both, then use it in both places. From universe combat reports I want the total salvage and to be able to see the impact on individual fleets. From news combat reports I want values.

Mzyxptlk 8 Jul 2015 13:57

On the alliance page, the 'View' in 'View Alliance Ships' and 'View Alliance Log' is unncessary and overflows into a third line of 'tabs'.

Heartless 8 Jul 2015 22:49

Did someone already mention the annoying inconsistency between alliance defense page and galaxy status when it comes to marking ship classes and setting status of incoming hostile fleets?

Tommy 9 Jul 2015 00:58

Yeah, a few posts ago.

Apply the advanced scan interface to scan requests as well - at present, I can perform multiple scans all at once, but if I want to ask a scanner to do so I have to request them one by one.

Adapt 9 Jul 2015 11:13

On the fleets page it would be great if you could click on ETA / Target / Ships ect... and see from top number of ships sent / how many people have sent to what targ ect

MrLobster 10 Jul 2015 05:01

put land tick as well as launch tick on the prelaunch boxs..

Mzyxptlk 11 Jul 2015 21:56

Loading the history page (the ingame one) takes a very long time.

booji 12 Jul 2015 09:27

On gal status and the ally defence page there is a Fake option. It is however unclear whether this means its a fake attack or a fake defence which means there is inconsistent usage; confusing!

So could we have both options on the drop down; 'Fake Attack' and 'Fake Defence'

Tommy 12 Jul 2015 20:48

Add the ability to add nicks / comments under fleets in the bcalc.

Makhil 13 Jul 2015 02:41

In the main menu on the left, replace 'waves' by 'scans' as it's how they're called everywhere else (including on ally page).