Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   R70 prediction & drama thread (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201267)

BloodyButcher 22 Dec 2016 12:52

R70 prediction & drama thread

So whos favourites?
Ult seems to win 50% of all rounds playing, ND/p3ng/CT hasnt won anything the last 2 years, BowS/App/Balless/Norse might not be close to 60 members?
Either a anti Ult block will be going for 1177, and one of the second tier alliances will win, or it will be a repeat of last round is my guess.

Patrikc 23 Dec 2016 01:53

Re: R70 prediction & drama thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3254778)
Balless

You're missing an 'l': 'Ball-less'.

NoXiouS 23 Dec 2016 12:18

From what I've heard so far, one might predict that there's no competition at all for the win.

Munkee 23 Dec 2016 19:58

No competition. Ult will win if they want to half arsed play for it.

BloodyButcher 7 Jan 2017 15:32

So looks like its only gonna be ult, p3ng, and facemen that is gonna be looking "strong" this round atm.
Guess CT/Future/ND might have people still returning from vacation, but i think they might be less likely to compete with the big 3 atm?

Caj 7 Jan 2017 16:18

ult are doing a relaxed chill round with no DCs from what I hear.

I think early favourites have to be Norseless.

winY 8 Jan 2017 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caj (Post 3254846)
ult are doing a relaxed chill round with no DCs from what I hear.

I think early favourites have to be Norseless.

BloodyButcher 9 Jan 2017 00:51

But they got WW(B)pals

Vip3r 20 Jan 2017 19:33

So, nobody attacking? :D Only roid init? :banana:

Villeh 21 Jan 2017 06:34

There are currently 641 fleets moving, containing 31,642,154 ships.

Paisley 30 Jan 2017 05:53

so who been warring with who?

Motti 30 Jan 2017 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3254882)

Evening,
There seems to be some objections and criticism to the percieved sudden change in direction despite there seemingly having been a vote to hit norse. The main objection is that suddenly we have no strategy, or are killing the alliance or somesuch.
I have been inactive this last week but even I can see that there is some strategic sense in this change. 1st is that we are currently losing against app, it's not fast but we are letting through more than they do, and they are getting further and further ahead value wise, so sooner or later we need to do something to change things. Unfortunately alliance politics are not on our side, even our supposed friends wont hit app so we can't do the obvious and roll up with a block, at least not in the short term. As such we need to think longer term where our potential partners would be norse or ult. This action creates a path to partnering ult (with whom we would be hitting norse) and we can presume that they will return the favour and hit app with us later.
Looking further ahead if we hit norse what are the outcomes? Hopefully we begin taking roids off norse, app meanwhile wont be hit at all so will likely overtake. The pressure is then on norse to decide what to do; do they just let app have a clear run at a win or do they make some kind of agreement with us and ult to hit app? We shall see.
Whether norse deals, or is defeated, we would then turn to hitting a now no.1 app. App will be the big bad guy at number one that he is not at the moment thus hopefully making creating a coalition easier.
Are there risks? Yes of course; we may be dead before we get on to hitting app again (but then we could always switch to all out attack) - app intends to keep hitting us while we pivot away from them. Unfortunately app wont do any kind of deal with us no matter what we do. It is nice and comfortable to hit us; we don't defend, and most importantly they don't annoy anyone else. If they hit anyone they risk getting a coalition against them, so it is us or no one. As such the only kind of deal they will offer is us they will go down to hitting our forts (so like 70-80% incs on us) in return we would have to agree not to help ult (and I presume not hit app). This is clearly too one sided to contemplate. Ultimately app hate us, they do'nt trust us to do any deals, and they don't want to either. No room for manouver.
So there you have this strategy as I see it. Feel free to disagree with whether it is the right thing to do but to me it seems as viable as any other.

tobbe 30 Jan 2017 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motti (Post 3254884)
P3nguin supersecret masterplan.

Listen motti pal!
You shouldnt reveal supersecrets like this to the public, but rather have a infomeeting about internet security with the party involved!

Motti 30 Jan 2017 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobbe (Post 3254885)
Listen motti pal!
You shouldnt reveal supersecrets like this to the public, but rather have a infomeeting about internet security with the party involved!

OK PALS please do not read post, it is super secret! If only there were a function to delete this previous post!

NoXiouS 30 Jan 2017 10:33

What? I accidentally read that post claiming there's hate towards flightless birds in Apprime, that certainly isn't true, we've grown very fond of the taste. Trust issues instead shouldn't surprise anyone. Also, please Motti, it's in the internet pal, it can't be deleted.

Advantix 30 Jan 2017 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motti (Post 3254884)
Evening,
There seems to be some objections and criticism to the percieved sudden change in direction despite there seemingly having been a vote to hit norse. The main objection is that suddenly we have no strategy, or are killing the alliance or somesuch.
I have been inactive this last week but even I can see that there is some strategic sense in this change. 1st is that we are currently losing against app, it's not fast but we are letting through more than they do, and they are getting further and further ahead value wise, so sooner or later we need to do something to change things. Unfortunately alliance politics are not on our side, even our supposed friends wont hit app so we can't do the obvious and roll up with a block, at least not in the short term. As such we need to think longer term where our potential partners would be norse or ult. This action creates a path to partnering ult (with whom we would be hitting norse) and we can presume that they will return the favour and hit app with us later.
Looking further ahead if we hit norse what are the outcomes? Hopefully we begin taking roids off norse, app meanwhile wont be hit at all so will likely overtake. The pressure is then on norse to decide what to do; do they just let app have a clear run at a win or do they make some kind of agreement with us and ult to hit app? We shall see.
Whether norse deals, or is defeated, we would then turn to hitting a now no.1 app. App will be the big bad guy at number one that he is not at the moment thus hopefully making creating a coalition easier.
Are there risks? Yes of course; we may be dead before we get on to hitting app again (but then we could always switch to all out attack) - app intends to keep hitting us while we pivot away from them. Unfortunately app wont do any kind of deal with us no matter what we do. It is nice and comfortable to hit us; we don't defend, and most importantly they don't annoy anyone else. If they hit anyone they risk getting a coalition against them, so it is us or no one. As such the only kind of deal they will offer is us they will go down to hitting our forts (so like 70-80% incs on us) in return we would have to agree not to help ult (and I presume not hit app). This is clearly too one sided to contemplate. Ultimately app hate us, they do'nt trust us to do any deals, and they don't want to either. No room for manouver.
So there you have this strategy as I see it. Feel free to disagree with whether it is the right thing to do but to me it seems as viable as any other.

Why should anyone trust Munkee?

Hopefully CarDi can join EORC this time! Need some epic eorc shit :banana:

BloodyButcher 30 Jan 2017 12:02

Think this could be the right way to go in a situation were p3ng dont have any options.
Seems to me that a lot of the politics this round was decided before the round even started

booji 30 Jan 2017 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advantix (Post 3254888)
Why should anyone trust Munkee?

Hopefully CarDi can join EORC this time! Need some epic eorc shit :banana:

It should probably be pointed out that the mail was from me not munkee, and was based entirely on what was in the open already and conclusions from what we were doing as having been away I dont have any insider information (I am not sure anyone in p3n does atm, the mail is probably close to the entire motivation for hitting norse). I don't see why there should be any trust issue with it; it is just drawing together threads of how these things tend to go.

Munkee 30 Jan 2017 13:20

If you like we can disclose all future discussions in full public too! I think ally mail is only used to ensure the actual members read it, however I can point everyone to specific posts on here next time.

As far as my feelings towards this go. p3ng are more than happy to troll through norse to put apprime first until such a time as the top guys man up and take it to eachother instead.

IF ult, apprime or norse wish for p3ng to be under their control during such warfare then drop me a message (as you all usually do! but its ok we can still pretend on the forum you hate munkee and wont deal with him!) to discuss. Otherwise, we will send fleets where the inc is most likely to land. Right now, thats norse. Does it have to be? nope!

Razock 30 Jan 2017 14:30

Well it seems like they don't want to take the fight to eachother. Instead they worked together to FC people who were landing Norse. No men in Norse or App it seems Munkee.

Munkee 30 Jan 2017 15:04

Well quicko did tell us and maybe you! However I wouldnt worry too much theres 0 to lose in our position and everything to gain.

.cookie 4 razock checks himself

Good news is that norse at least lost some good roids today and crashed value. If anything that should spur us on!

Advantix 30 Jan 2017 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razock (Post 3254892)
Well it seems like they don't want to take the fight to eachother. Instead they worked together to FC people who were landing Norse. No men in Norse or App it seems Munkee.

Im pretty sure Norse have more incs than anyone this round. We've been fighting Ult all round.

Booji: Wasnt about the mail tbh, just a general note for what's happend with p3ng last 10 rounds.

Motti 30 Jan 2017 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razock (Post 3254892)

So you are upset that App is sending fleets to attack p3ng?

I am confused now pal!

Razock 30 Jan 2017 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motti (Post 3254895)
So you are upset that App is sending fleets to attack p3ng?

I am confused now pal!

No, i was just being an asshole and pointing out the fact for Norse or App to man up they actually need men.

App sending fleets to attack p3ng is all part of the plan. So that's fine and all.

CBA 30 Jan 2017 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razock (Post 3254897)
No, i was just being an asshole and pointing out the fact for Norse or App to man up they actually need men.

App sending fleets to attack p3ng is all part of the plan. So that's fine and all.

Norse are man up :salute: We have had around 300+ more inc than every other alliance.

Munkee 30 Jan 2017 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3254898)
Norse are man up :salute: We have had around 300+ more inc than every other alliance.

Is that fact? If so terrible political play!

CBA 30 Jan 2017 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkee (Post 3254899)
Is that fact? If so terrible political play!

Unless you can claim to have more? We're approaching the 2k mark. Politics or not. We are Man'd up :salute:

zonny 30 Jan 2017 17:23

Once we were known as "norseMEN", now we are "norseLESS"... go figure!

BloodyButcher 30 Jan 2017 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3254900)
Unless you can claim to have more? We're approaching the 2k mark. Politics or not. We are Man'd up :salute:

Even BowS had 1000 incs, and we havnt had roids all round.
Im pretty sure App/p3ng has sent 1000 fleet at each other alone, so 2000 dosnt sound like that much?

ReaperSix 30 Jan 2017 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3254900)

Charles you've never been a man. Every round everyone here bitches that they've had the most inc so they must have the biggest dicks. If that's the case then by now Chimpie's got 3 legs...

Munkee 30 Jan 2017 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advantix (Post 3254894)
Im pretty sure Norse have more incs than anyone this round. We've been fighting Ult all round.

Booji: Wasnt about the mail tbh, just a general note for what's happend with p3ng last 10 rounds.

Shocking that a number 1 alliance has to "have more incs than anyone this round"

How dare PA hit the number 1!!!! BOW TO NUMBER 1 !!!

CBA 30 Jan 2017 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkee (Post 3254904)
Shocking that a number 1 alliance has to "have more incs than anyone this round"

How dare PA hit the number 1!!!! BOW TO NUMBER 1 !!!

I did not think anyone was complaining about incommings? I just feel I should try to explain that we've had the most incommings of all alliances. Only because people were insinuating that we haven't been fighting etc.

ReaperSix 30 Jan 2017 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3254905)
I did not think anyone was complaining about incommings? I just feel I should try to explain that we've had the most incommings of all alliances. Only because people were insinuating that we haven't been fighting etc.

*prognosticate

Munkee 30 Jan 2017 19:35

Chris, [30.01.17 18:25]
No defending norse ingal anymore. Any issues talk to munkee.

napoleon _, [30.01.17 18:30]
lol @ReaperSix app thought I was your planet hahaha

:D

tc, [30.01.17 18:30]
Lol

ReaperSix 30 Jan 2017 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkee (Post 3254907)
Chris, [30.01.17 18:25]
No defending norse ingal anymore. Any issues talk to munkee.

lol @ReaperSix app thought I was your planet hahaha

:D

tc, [30.01.17 18:30]
Lol

Can I report this as posting coords?

Munkee 30 Jan 2017 19:56

I dont think so. This is a private chat.

NitinA 30 Jan 2017 23:19

PATSA ftw

Motti 30 Jan 2017 23:24

Suspense is building during round, who will make deals with p3ng - and how surprised will they be when that deal is p3ng'd?

I sense morale is growing by the seconds in p3ng, and we should not rule them out from race for #1 ally. It is rumored they already have had atleast over 3000 incomming fleets, roughly or atleast a lot more then anyone else!

Munkee 31 Jan 2017 07:08

Motti your trolling is terrible! Leave it to one of the regulars it's embarrassing.

Cochese 31 Jan 2017 07:39

Paging Zhil to this thread, with some fascinating insight about Fury or something.

BloodyButcher 31 Jan 2017 08:34

Its heart warming that so many ancient PA tactis spring to life again. App using vacation mode last round, and now p3ng using an class example of the bullying tactic.

CBA 31 Jan 2017 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3254914)
Its heart warming that so many ancient PA tactis spring to life again. App using vacation mode last round, and now p3ng using an class example of the bullying tactic.

I think that's failed.

Only tactic from p3 is the 3x att switch but too early this round imo

BloodyButcher 31 Jan 2017 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3254915)
I think that's failed.

Only tactic from p3 is the 3x att switch but too early this round imo

The goal of the bullying tactic is to make the bullied target change their course of politics/direction so that either you or both parties gain on it longterm.
So if Norse will stay EOR NAPed with Apprime or whoever, sure the tactic will have failed.

CBA 31 Jan 2017 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3254916)
The goal of the bullying tactic is to make the bullied target change their course of politics/direction so that either you or both parties gain on it longterm.
So if Norse will stay EOR NAPed with Apprime or whoever, sure the tactic will have failed.

Well he could have just pmed someone from Norse Hc and he would have kept motivated players and all the roids he will lose today. Plus the ships that have already been killed or FC

Mzyxptlk 31 Jan 2017 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3254882)

Look at what your careless hands have wrought.

BloodyButcher 31 Jan 2017 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3254917)
Well he could have just pmed someone from Norse Hc and he would have kept motivated players and all the roids he will lose today. Plus the ships that have already been killed or FC

What do i know if "he" allready have tried that approach?
I have nfi how long a eventualy nap between Norse/Ult and Apprime has been agreed, though how i understand it neither has showed any interest in changing the status quo, a status quo that left p3nguins in a position that was leading them nowhere.
I would find it quite interesting if p3nguins hasnt recieved the same death threats from Magnus/AdvantiX, as every other tag that accidently have hit a norse planet this round allready have recieved.

darkzidane 31 Jan 2017 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3254919)
I would find it quite interesting if p3nguins hasnt recieved the same death threats from Magnus/AdvantiX, as every other tag that accidently have hit a norse planet this round allready have recieved.

oh? we didnt get any threats and we intentionally launched 3 nights in a row at CBA! sadly he just kept leeching def :(

NoXiouS 31 Jan 2017 15:49

Nubvantix can't spell long words like "die" correctly, so he can't be sending threats either. Most likely it was an invitation for dinner, but you misunderstood it and got scared or didn't misunderstand and took it as a threath.

Ashka 31 Jan 2017 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoXiouS (Post 3254921)
Nubvantix can't spell long words like "die" correctly, so he can't be sending threats either. Most likely it was an invitation for dinner, but you misunderstood it and got scared or didn't misunderstand and took it as a threath.

*threat

Butcher can barely read anyways

Papadoc 31 Jan 2017 17:19

If you go to lunch with Inneed, You may very well end up with enough food for 12.

Are we really still acting like you can attack people on accident at this point?