Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Scythe - The Aftermath. Scimitar: The Future. (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=188482)

Sparcks 21 Nov 2005 14:15

Scythe - The Aftermath. Scimitar: The Future.

So, after Lurch started a war, then left us high and dry, any sense of organisation / coherence that was once present in Scythe is no longer there. I have decided to take action.

Once my 72 ticks is up, I shall be creating a new alliance for old Scythe members under a new name: Scimitar. I will be inviting frostbeule and Brave (Scythe HC) to join me in commanding this new alliance.

Old Scythe members who were active will be re-instated at their previous membership level, and general recruitment will also be open when the alliance goes live: the only 2 requirements are that you're IRC active, and enjoy playing the game.

Unfortunately there is a netsplit on IRC as I write this, so I'm unable to register a channel - however the public channel will be #scimitar.

I encourage all Scythe members who wish to join Scimitar to get in touch with me ASAP, so that we can arrange a smooth transfer.

Here's to the future,

-SparckZero, Scimitar HC

Nadar 21 Nov 2005 14:18

Re: Scythe - The Aftermath. Scimitar: The Future.

Sorry to hear Lurch actually f*cked up your alliance that badly. I hope Scimitar will be better now that you're rid of an immature HC :) Good luck o/

Heartless 21 Nov 2005 14:18

Good luck rebuilding.

Seed of Chaos 21 Nov 2005 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparcks
Unfortunately there is a netsplit on IRC as I write this, so I'm unable to register a channel - however the public channel will be #scimitar.
-SparckZero, Scimitar HC

lol hope that's not a bad omen ;) Good luck scimitar :)

vini100 21 Nov 2005 14:28

good luck fellas :D

tygercub 21 Nov 2005 14:31

good luck guys :xmas:

Hesekiel 21 Nov 2005 14:31

good luck to you guys, too. :)

qebab 21 Nov 2005 14:42

Good luck in the future, Scimitar.

Paisley 21 Nov 2005 14:50

good luck in rebuilding

wakey 21 Nov 2005 14:53

If the command is moving to this new alliance why didnt you just do this restructure internally rather thn starting a new alliance. After all your leaving alot of members defenceless for a period of time and will find that a number of your members simply wont make it over.

Anyway good luck

Sparcks 21 Nov 2005 15:07

It's my view that the name Scythe has been tarnished due to this affair. I think I speak for most members when I say that we'd all like a fresh start.

-Sparcks

jupp 21 Nov 2005 15:22

Quote:

It's my view that the name Scythe has been tarnished due to this affair. I think I speak for most members when I say that we'd all like a fresh start.

-Sparcks

maybe you could have asked the admins to change the name - imo a minor effect on the game if at all and kick all you dont want to be with you anymore \o/

they might have done it

Smudge 21 Nov 2005 15:37

Good luck Scimitar.

If you need any help (non in-game related :P ), give me a shout

wakey 21 Nov 2005 15:42

Quote:

-Sparcks

You could have requested a name change as jupp suggested, seeing as they let TGV do it last round under more dubious circumstances they would have allowed it

Sparcks 21 Nov 2005 15:50

I wasn't aware you could do a namechange like that, perhaps we'll do that instead :D

PaLiNDRoMe 21 Nov 2005 15:51

I think a restart totally is better. This will give them a chance to filter all the members.

It would be nice, although this is not an official G-II stance, to make this new Scimitar a wing of G-II ;), or maybe just the actives from it go to G-II.

spoils of war. common.

But anyway, good luck to you all, may you learn from the mistakes of your fallen leader.

Gate 21 Nov 2005 15:54

It's great to see someone from a smaller alliance take the reigns like this and pick the alliance up after such a kick in the teeth.

Best of luck to you! :D

Sparcks 21 Nov 2005 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaLiNDRoMe
I think a restart totally is better. This will give them a chance to filter all the members.

This was my thinking...I'll have to talk to HC about what we'll do, although I'd prefer a total restart to improve organisation etc.

-Sparcks

frostbeule 21 Nov 2005 15:57

thank you all for wishing us luck - we gonna need it.

Lilleman 21 Nov 2005 16:08

I believe you'll do well! Fresh start with new organisation is almost always positive. Now make Scimitar something to be proud of in rounds to come!

I wish you the best of luck!

Phrazer 21 Nov 2005 16:10

GL from me and everyone in Orbit :)

Seed of Chaos 21 Nov 2005 17:30

actually a total new start may not be such a bad idea. Having the members leave scythe and then join up to your new alliance would separate out those who are dedicated and are willing to follow you and those who are half arsed and inactive.

lurchleaf 21 Nov 2005 17:43

good luck to you all ;)

go Scythe 2 !!!

Illuvatar 21 Nov 2005 18:23

good luck guys!

-Pathogen- 21 Nov 2005 18:31

Good Luck n have a gd round :)

Jonas 21 Nov 2005 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
Good luck rebuilding.

Ali 21 Nov 2005 18:48

GL

Nightwolf 21 Nov 2005 19:26

Good luck, you'll need it.

the_chosen_one 21 Nov 2005 21:18

Good luck you guys and you never know, one day you may be challenging G-II again ;)

Orlandian 21 Nov 2005 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurchleaf
good luck to you all ;)

go Scythe 2 !!!

i think he missed the point ;)

good luck guys hope you make a go of it

Legator 21 Nov 2005 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate
It's great to see someone from a smaller alliance take the reigns like this and pick the alliance up after such a kick in the teeth.

Best of luck to you! :D

The_Mad_Keg 22 Nov 2005 00:47

GL Scimitar!!! ull do much better without that n00b of an HC

hondaman 22 Nov 2005 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
GL Scimitar!!! ull do much better without that n00b of an HC

PoSSeSSeD 22 Nov 2005 13:54

The very best of luck guys....

Luci XXIIX 22 Nov 2005 20:55

well, worse than scythe is almost impossible, even with the same members...

_Kila_ 22 Nov 2005 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci XXIIX

**** off and stop being shit. Idiots like you are not wanted in this community.

Orlandian 22 Nov 2005 22:27

Quote:

not called for .... try being positive for once

Haarken 22 Nov 2005 23:20

Good Luck Scimitar may you have better luck than Scythe :)

Luci XXIIX 22 Nov 2005 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_
**** off and stop being shit. Idiots like you are not wanted in this community.

well, am just pointing to the fact was has happened, no offence to all the players, I only think there is somebody who did it all wrong... I also hope Scimitar will do their best and I wish them all the luck of the universe... :D

Kal 23 Nov 2005 00:03

an admin would indeed be happy to change an alliance name - it would have to be me or Kloopy though. I;d recommend it myself to avoid loosing defence bonus for 72 ticks

_Kila_ 23 Nov 2005 00:08

Quote:

well, am just pointing to the fact was has happened, no offence to all the players, I only think there is somebody who did it all wrong... I also hope Scimitar will do their best and I wish them all the luck of the universe... :D

If you think Scythe is the worst alliance ever, look at Sandmans and look at all the alliances below Scythe, some are below it due to numbers, but there are some (eg. Regul8ers) who have similar numbers, ergo your first statement was incorrect.
Also, flaming the alliance is still being shit. They attempted to play to the best of their ability. The only thing that went wrong was Lurch's childish attitude.

Luci XXIIX 23 Nov 2005 02:48

well, that is why I'm not flaming the complete alliance... I know what has happend and I fully understand all desisions made, true, there are more of those alliances but they might not be as bad as scythe as you don't hear them complaining... Once again, I am not flaming the alliance!!!

lurchleaf 23 Nov 2005 11:44

pretty good then. at least your all sure that im the worst thing that ever happened to scythe. well seeing as i set up scythe with yust me and a friend in it for a laugh... i think i did pretty well.
how can i be the worst thing that happened to it anyways. if they really didnt like me then they would have left!! when i left scythe, several other members did also, saying that the reason for their leaving was (and i quote) "i miss lurchie". so to be fair, i cant have of been that bad. why dont you ask someone who was there for a while... sparcks the head of this new scimitar alliance... he wasnt in scythe for that long. 2 weeks at most. but people. before you all slag me down to the ground. know your facts. please
i have a friend in tgv. we go up to the pub a lot to play pool and the like, and several times we have been there, i have said that i wanted to close down scythe. yes i did start a war and leave. but when i did leave i then surrendered.
i left scythe instead of closing it down as i knew that there would be 84 pa players running around like headless chickens trying to def themselves. the new players who had just joined and were of little score at all still didnt know the game. what would they do?
this is why i left instead of closing scythe. i dont want to screw up everyone else's games aswell, just because ive screwed up mine.

im really not the worst person.
you say i am the biggest noob. i admit i am a noob. only played 4.5 rounds. so if that counts as a newbie. then what can i say?
if scythe crumbles without me, then i couldnt of been a bad HC... that means that i was the pillar for scythe. holding it strong.

Lurch
aka - Noob :)
Ex Scythe HC

Nadar 23 Nov 2005 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurchleaf
i left scythe instead of closing it down as i knew that there would be 84 pa players running around like headless chickens trying to def themselves. the new players who had just joined and were of little score at all still didnt know the game. what would they do?
this is why i left instead of closing scythe. i dont want to screw up everyone else's games aswell, just because ive screwed up mine.

By leaving you also let everyone else behind in a mess, so indeed you did screw the others by leaving.

lurchleaf 23 Nov 2005 11:57

they were in a mess when they joined. most of them were easy to sort out. whether they listen and learn. of do neither. thats their call.

intrance 23 Nov 2005 17:38

to be honest i think you all exaggerate Lurch as being a noob and general all around ass.....

Yes what he did was pretty lame and messed up..... but he isnt the worst thing that ever happend to Scythe...

G-II was ...

:D

the_chosen_one 23 Nov 2005 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrance
to be honest i think you all exaggerate Lurch as being a noob and general all around ass.....

Yes what he did was pretty lame and messed up..... but he isnt the worst thing that ever happend to Scythe...

G-II was ...

:D

haha :D

[G-II]PigmonkeY 23 Nov 2005 22:01

Lurch was certianly not the worst thing to ever happen to Scythe. Lurch STARTING Scythe was. G-II was simply the solution to the problem :D

Good Luck Scimitar!

Dark-Strider 25 Nov 2005 00:12

Good luck to Scimitar. :)

Good that you got rid of the dead weight ^^.