Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Forum Roids Discussion (Moved from Nagging thread) (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201356)

imagination 20 May 2017 05:51

Forum Roids Discussion (Moved from Nagging thread)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3253445)
I'd like to remind everyone that this is nagging over tiny things.

shouldnt have to post 5 times, IVWNWHRR

Appocomaster 20 May 2017 07:55

Re: Nagging over tiny things thread #2

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagination (Post 3256679)
shouldnt have to post 5 times, IVWNWHRR

The reason why I had forum posting in the first place is to encourage forum posts again. The forum thread posting didn't do this. I'm forced to try other ways. If you have suggestions on how else we could get people posting on the forums, feel free to raise them :)

Kaiba 20 May 2017 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster (Post 3256684)
The reason why I had forum posting in the first place is to encourage forum posts again. The forum thread posting didn't do this. I'm forced to try other ways. If you have suggestions on how else we could get people posting on the forums, feel free to raise them :)

Get a PA team that posts on the forums, make them current, not just troll HQ. MH cases should be published so people can see the game laws upheld and have more faith in transparent enforcers.

PA Team should start more threads about things and actively respond to the suggestion and strategy ones.

Up date your forum mod team, outside of lokken, I couldn't name you another mod on here. Get fresh people in for each section and let them drive the conversation and discussions there

Greg 20 May 2017 11:51

Waiting on my 15 roids, Yeh lotsa pointless posts ahead

macen 20 May 2017 17:46

What Greg said ^^ haha

lol nah i think its a great idea might even get people talking!! woop ;p

lokken 20 May 2017 18:23

At the moment I'm confused to delete posts because if spam has got in the way of discussion, I generally tidy it up. I'm all for more discussion, and I think Kaiba makes some good points.

One thing that would be useful is commentary on the round to date from a relatively neutral point of view to provoke discussion, with analysis using KIA. But it's difficult to do consistently while keeping the quality high.

Appocomaster 21 May 2017 07:35

Feel free to delete posts that spam. I have a few. I agree we may need more mods. Not sure this is the thread to discuss though

Ijrn Bru 21 May 2017 20:55

Would it be possible to purge (or move to an archive forum) massively old posts? I think there's a push to try and get the forum more active but when you see top posts 10+ years old since last comment, it puts you off.

Spritfire 23 May 2017 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ijrn Bru (Post 3256809)
Would it be possible to purge (or move to an archive forum) massively old posts? I think there's a push to try and get the forum more active but when you see top posts 10+ years old since last comment, it puts you off.

Change how old post you are viewing, on the bottom of the page you can sort on age.

reconverse 24 May 2017 09:32

I think the post-5x-quest is a good way to draw people back to forum, it's just lots of spam in couple days. Not sure if people will stick around after that. Maybe something like a post every week gives you "something" start next round?

Appocomaster 26 May 2017 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconverse (Post 3257007)
I think the post-5x-quest is a good way to draw people back to forum, it's just lots of spam in couple days. Not sure if people will stick around after that. Maybe something like a post every week gives you "something" start next round?

yes we're considering that for next round. :)

AlphanInfidel 29 May 2017 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconverse (Post 3257007)

I'd like that. Possibly similar to, or linked with, the extra % of 'start up' resources/research points/research points.

Pablitem 31 May 2017 13:40

Re: Forum Roids Discussion (Moved from Nagging thread)

Getting a small bonus could work, I think we need more topics that engage people in different ways... Not just the drama thread that seems the most popular

Shhhhhhh 31 May 2017 16:36

Forums are so terrible to read because of a few forum warriors/trolls. Forcing people to post wont change this

Mzyxptlk 31 May 2017 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh (Post 3257901)
Forums are so terrible to read because of a few forum warriors/trolls. Forcing people to post wont change this

I was going to fake bash you for a joke, but there's absolutely no way the sarcasm would carry. :(

Munkee 1 Jun 2017 06:14

Lets fill the forums full of useless shite and lets slow down the game even further with population changes.

Definitely fun filled and packed with loads of great ideas!

BaasB 1 Jun 2017 19:38

Agreed

Munkee 1 Jun 2017 20:25

Spam!!!! :banana:

TheoDD 4 Jun 2017 22:56

more spam

TheoDD 4 Jun 2017 22:57

Well appocomaster clearly obtained what he was going for... more forum activity. So clearly a brightside

Clouds 5 Jun 2017 01:12

:o

ChroNOS 5 Jun 2017 06:15

:salute:

Villeh 9 Jun 2017 09:18

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...644053dea3.jpg

Blacky23 9 Jun 2017 17:19

its a good idea