Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Private Galaxies (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200629)

Sad 9 Nov 2014 22:11

Private Galaxies

Can we please have 1 round with 10 man private galaxies?

I just don't have any reasons to write other than it would be ACE!

PLEASE?

Machado 9 Nov 2014 22:13

Re: Private Galaxies

I hate to +1, but... +1?

berten 9 Nov 2014 22:16

6 man private gals 8 man random gals ?

ArcChas 9 Nov 2014 22:21

It would be "ACE!" for about 30 players and "something else" for all the rest.

Still, a change may be as good as a rest. ;)

Recluse 9 Nov 2014 22:26

Sad is just looking for a way that he can have me as his def bitch without losing his BP :p

Adapt 9 Nov 2014 23:02

sounds like a good idea thumbs up from me

Haer 10 Nov 2014 03:16

How about 6 man private galaxies with only cluster alliances?

Patrikc 10 Nov 2014 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by berten (Post 3237694)
6 man private gals 8 man random gals ?

Can't cap random galaxies due to the way exiling works. If you did, when galaxies were full you'd have to start a new galaxy when a new player signed up (or re-entered from c200), which wouldn't be a pleasant situation to be in.

Clouds 10 Nov 2014 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haer (Post 3237701)
How about 6 man private galaxies with only cluster alliances?

Havoc is starting soon.

booji 10 Nov 2014 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3237704)
Can't cap random galaxies due to the way exiling works. If you did, when galaxies were full you'd have to start a new galaxy when a new player signed up (or re-entered from c200), which wouldn't be a pleasant situation to be in.

It must be possible to cap exiles into gals because it has been done before:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manual changes from last round
Round 36
- Buddy packs now up to 8
- Buddy packs now create private galaxies of 8; other planets go in random galaxies of 12+
- Private galaxies have late joiners tick 336 onwards to give them 8 planets, random galaxies get 1 late signup.
- All exiles go to random galaxies

A random gal ended up winning in part because it had so many more members than any of the priv gals; 26 compared to 8.

p.s. I would assume berten's 6 priv and 8 random is simply the starting point for the round not how large they can get.

Blue_Esper 10 Nov 2014 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3237704)

unless there was a shuffle that occurred regularly

Mzyxptlk 10 Nov 2014 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by booji (Post 3237710)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manual changes from last round
12+

Light 10 Nov 2014 18:04

Quote:

A random gal ended up winning in part because it had so many more members than any of the priv gals; 26 compared to 8.

p.s. I would assume berten's 6 priv and 8 random is simply the starting point for the round not how large they can get.

Priv gals of 6, random gals of 9 lets say to start

At shuffle, it makes random gals have 8-9 players, but as priv gals disband (and new signups), the random gals grow larger and larger.

With it still possible to plan your exiles to turn your random gal into a fort, it makes random gals too strong or too weak depending on how your luck goes or how you setup the round. Its incredibly difficult if not impossible to balance priv gals with random gals.

Zotnam 10 Nov 2014 18:45

Quote:

What you are quoting is actually just proving what Patrikc said. You can exclude private galaxies from getting exiles, but the random galaxies will not get capped and grow really huge, mostly because you can never have more galaxies than there were created in the shuffle. That's exactly what happened in the two r30-something where we had private gals the last time.

booji 10 Nov 2014 21:26

I was misunderstanding what Patrikc was saying; I thought he was saying it would be impossible to exclude the priv gals from exiles.

However I don't see the problem with large random gals; it is the price that priv gals pay for getting to play with all people they want in the galaxy. There are also things that could be done to compensate such as not having galaxy disband for the round while also making exiling cheaper. Another possibility would be opening up more late sign up places in the priv gals as the random galaxies grow.