Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   pateam (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196671)

jerome 26 Jun 2008 13:55

pateam

why do they def bots that are meant to be farmed! :confused:

Assassin 26 Jun 2008 14:11

Re: pateam

lol becuase they want to take your ships ;)

Mzyxptlk 26 Jun 2008 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
If I were PA Team, this is the point where I'd say something along the lines of "jer, the only reason we keep defending against you is because you're not a small guy needing growth, instead, you're just abusing the presence of the bots to steal easy roids and ships. We disapprove of this approach."

Fiery 26 Jun 2008 16:30

Just because it's you, jer....

jerome 26 Jun 2008 16:59

luckily mz, i'm not the only one who gets defended by it and nor am i 'abusing' it. i'm a late starter and as such why shouldn't i be entitled to farms? in any case this is ludicrous practice and i won't stand for it!

Phil^ 26 Jun 2008 19:02

someone call for a waaambulance :/

Ultimate Newbie 26 Jun 2008 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerome
why do they def bots that are meant to be farmed! :confused:

Fake attack one (or more) of the bots, wait for PA team to defend them. Then attack the defending planet with real ships to get even more roids and XP. If Cin (or whomever) recalls, then you still get through on the bot planets if you use a xan-type fake. If he doesnt, then you win.

Like, pa skillz and stuff. PA Team isnt hyperactive.

Monroe 27 Jun 2008 01:06

As far as I know the only reason the PA team defends the bots (other then to farm newbie ships for themselves) is to protect the bots from abuse by players. It seems fair to me that an occasional attack by smallish players on the bots is a fine way to get roids, that's what they are there for. But constantly attacking the bots, or bashing them because they are just above your bash limit seems to me to be a bit of over abuse. After all the point of the game is to beat your fellow players, not a bunch of bots.

Kargool 27 Jun 2008 08:57

I would say, remove the bots entirely, maybe open up the c200 universe for people below a certain score and value instead.

Osidiradadumpf 27 Jun 2008 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
I would say, remove the bots entirely, maybe open up the c200 universe for people below a certain score and value instead.

Opening c200 up is a bad idea.. But creating a c100 for new players might be an better idea. This way they can fight among players with the same size and when they think they are up to it teleport to the real game.

A couple of big c100 galaxies with a couple of more experienced players in it to teach some attacking/defending basics should do the trick. Yes, those experienced players are basically giving up the round, but they could play next round for free...

At this moment, nothing has really changed.. instead of initiating and getting roided by experienced players they are now attacking bots and getting roided.

Phil^ 27 Jun 2008 16:19

the playerbase is small enough as it is without fragmenting it further

GReaper 27 Jun 2008 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool

Not too bad an idea. Limit people to either 1 or 2 attacks of c200 planets maximum in the first 7 days of their planet being created. Sometimes they might get a very nice juicy target, but they'll only get the opportunity once or twice.

Whats the deal with the bots anyway? There is nothing in the manual about them, no real guidelines or policy about what they're there for. Hours have probably been spent coding them. New players will get farmed if they try to attack them, higher ranking players won't get much score from them either.

At the moment it just looks like sanctioned farming by the people who run the game. :(

Mzyxptlk 27 Jun 2008 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil^
the playerbase is small enough as it is without fragmenting it further

Truer words were ne'er said.

Aedolaws 28 Jun 2008 00:18

And whats so damn wrong to farm the 1.1 bots until you can? Especially for late starters that the first day or two out of protection have a fleet that makes people laugh. Anyways soon you will grow and won't be able to attack no more. Honestly, those bots were my first target this round, I thought they were there precisely for that (and I thought it was a great idea). It turns out that I lost ALL (100%) my shippies cuz I didn't even bother to scan. pum. first 48 hours of saving and production gone down the toilet + next 48 hours doing nothing but rebuilding. Nice way to welcome the n00bies to the PA world! Bravo!

Whats the freaking point of having 1.1 bots if they will be covered just like players elsewhere in the universe, or more even? and will require you to spend resources on scans! (yes, #trans... aside).

STOP COVERING THEM! Shit! Whats next. 1.1 retaliating for n00bies attacking the bots?

I could understand if each gal had and ever growing bot, that the players in the gal would protect it and nourish it. I actually proposed this in the past. But, to have 1.1, the admin gal, taking shippies from n00bies and later starters is utter nonsense.

Let players farm them until they can no more. Maybe lower their number of roids and their value... so as to make it practically a once or twice event. But for God's sake, don't give poisoned candies to the players that present the least challenge in the universe!!!

Dumbasses!!!

Ghosteh 28 Jun 2008 00:52

Aren't bots illegal?

Ceadrath 28 Jun 2008 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aedolaws
I lost ALL (100%) my shippies cuz I didn't even bother to scan.

im not sure i see the problem

Aedolaws 28 Jun 2008 02:21

wuao... I cannot believe I didn't realize it before? Wuao, you are so wise!

yeah, yeah, yeah... u know what I mean, if u really think that right out of protectton, at tick 350, I need to scan and bcalc a 1 v. 1 attack between bottom 200 players, especially an AI target located at the admin. gal, then you are nuts! or a n00b.

Ghosteh 29 Jun 2008 01:06

So again, why are there bots in 1:1? Do they serve some kind of testing purpose, or are they a farm?

Ultimate Newbie 29 Jun 2008 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
So again, why are there bots in 1:1? Do they serve some kind of testing purpose, or are they a farm?

They are there for new players. New players need to know how to predict a battle via battle calcs, they need to launch, scan, calculate defence and predict the final outcome of the battle, and if they do it well they are rewarded with xp, roids, score and potentially ships. New players who dont have the scans yet will need to communicate with others to get what they need.

What's so hard to get?

If you dont scan, and Cin smashes you, then you deserve it. Particularly because you are not a new player and should know what you're doing.

Ghosteh 29 Jun 2008 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
They are there for new players. New players need to know how to predict a battle via battle calcs, they need to launch, scan, calculate defence and predict the final outcome of the battle, and if they do it well they are rewarded with xp, roids, score and potentially ships. New players who dont have the scans yet will need to communicate with others to get what they need.

What's so hard to get?

If you dont scan, and Cin smashes you, then you deserve it. Particularly because you are not a new player and should know what you're doing.

That's fine, just as GReaper indicated before finding information on why they're there and what they do has been rather difficult. Perhaps something along the lines of your first paragraph should be inserted in the manual.

Aedolaws 29 Jun 2008 16:36

Quote:

What's so hard to get?

=================

In theory sounds great. I said I sent my fleet thinking it wad a great idea. Fine. I get that iz suppozed to be a training ground. In practice, however, it fails to accomplish all it could. And zometimez (z juzt broke) it fruztratez itz very purpoze. It iz incredulouz to expect truly new playerz to zcore right away. Are u gonna take their fleetz 3 or 4 or 5 timez until they get it? Would that make them quit?

What is the difference between attacking 1.1-botz and attacking elsewhere? I mean, besidez that if I attack a half a mil gal at tick 500 I am virtually assured no one there knows what they are doing and you'll be pretty safe, you can calc, zcan, zee how battle goez, be happy u zcored, keep playing. But you attack a bot 1.1 and chances are you will always be covered (and yez I am zpeculating az to thiz) and outsmarted.

I simply don't see it. I am sorry. New players can accomplish all you have said with regular planets, perhaps even with more chance of success, and thuz more chancez of zuccez for PA, since only a handful of gal will have so many vets or eyes az 24/7.

As atm, they are not benefiting the universe a much a they could.

P.Z.

You gotta make zure people know how they work. I didn't. And I have played thiz for yearz. You expect zomeone dropping out of the blue to do better?

Benneh 29 Jun 2008 21:52

wtf happened to your S key?

Mzyxptlk 29 Jun 2008 22:41

Learn to use ctrl+H man!

Zaejii 29 Jun 2008 23:32

ctrl+c / ctrl+v ftw :-/

Stoom 30 Jun 2008 19:47

ctrl die

booji 5 Jul 2008 09:01

if it is ment to be training then perhaps the pa crew should send messages warning about the def and telling the attacking new players to calc it out (give link) and decide if they want to land or not... tho I guess that would take too much time :(

Remy 8 Jul 2008 12:39

The bots are there for everyones pleasure, including ours !

Aedolaws 8 Jul 2008 17:47

vote Quimby.

Eternity 12 Jul 2008 19:23

I like Pateam and respect what they have done for the game

Ghostwkd 15 Jul 2008 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie

What's so hard to get?

They are claimed to be there for new players, yet nothing to tell new players about them bar if you tell them yourself.

The galaxy that has hit them the most, is the number one galaxy. The ally that has hit them the most, is last rounds winning ally.

Still think they're helping the new players more than they are helping the people who shouldnt need them?

p.s. late reply, im not very active :D

Mit 15 Jul 2008 16:23

What happened to the 'find out when you land' way of playing the game, learning combat by doing etc... surely thats more fun than calcs all teh way? :( or am i just very old fashioned when it comes to playing? :D