Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hope and Faith FTW! (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=188758)

Rinoa 5 Dec 2005 02:38

Hope and Faith FTW!

okay all the big gun sitcoms are finished (friends, frasier etc) and there really is a gap in the market atm that needs filled. I hereby put forward Hope and Faith (abc1 on cable or freeview) as the best of the current crop and really feel it would do well in a friday night slot on channel 4 so i mailed there suggestment department already. The mix of kelly ripa's thighs and the rest of the anarchaic family are a winner with me and i recommend u try it out. What other sitcoms u reckon could claim to be the king atm?

s|k 5 Dec 2005 02:44

Re: Hope and Faith FTW!

I hate situation comedies. I hope they go away and never come back. I hate laugh tracks too. Sorry to be such a downer in your thread. :(

Dante Hicks 5 Dec 2005 03:14

Scrubs and Curb Your Enthusiasm are both very good and neither have laughter tracks. I think the powers that be may eventually realise we don't need canned laughter to enjoy comedy.

skiddy 5 Dec 2005 23:40

Scrubs, 8 Simple Rules and Less Than Perfect.

All abc1 and all better than Hope And Faith.

roadrunner_0 5 Dec 2005 23:41

the wife watches hope and faith, its not the worst thing on TV but its fairly generic

i prefer scrubs, its fantastic :)

pig 6 Dec 2005 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiddy
Scrubs, 8 Simple Rules and Less Than Perfect.

All abc1 and all better than Hope And Faith.

couldnt agree more, the blonde daughter in 8 simple rules is soooo beautiful.

By the way a series finished on BBC2 last night called Arrested Development, i was wondering if anyone watched it? I watched most of the series and thought it was pretty funny its own little way.

roadrunner_0 6 Dec 2005 10:54

oh yeah, i ****ing hate pretty much everything on abc1, simply because of their ****ing advert breaks

noah02 6 Dec 2005 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
oh yeah, i ****ing hate pretty much everything on abc1, simply because of their ****ing advert breaks

I hate adverts but I would rather there be adverts on BBC and not pay for a TV license but hey thats just me.
(being in the army you have to transfer,cancel, start and new make changes constantly stupid BBC and there 1 license per living space in a 400 man accomdation.)

roadrunner_0 6 Dec 2005 16:28

you don't understand, abc adverts arent like normal adverts, they have them every 10 minutes or something, so, it doesnt matter if a programme is about to start, or about to finish (im talking less than a minute from the end here) they will still have an advert break, its the most irritating thing on TV

Hicks 6 Dec 2005 16:40

I'll be about the fifth person to chime in and say Scrubs is pretty good.

pig 6 Dec 2005 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
you don't understand, abc adverts arent like normal adverts, they have them every 10 minutes or something, so, it doesnt matter if a programme is about to start, or about to finish (im talking less than a minute from the end here) they will still have an advert break, its the most irritating thing on TV

they are too annoying, firstly there annoying music and then they repeat the same adverts for the same programmes, time over and over again.

skiddy 7 Dec 2005 03:04

Adverts are very annoying on abc1, but the quality of daytime programming more than makes up for it.

pig 7 Dec 2005 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
did you not notice my post ?

shit sorry :o

it is really good though, ashame its on at a shit time for the majority of the country.

Demon Dave 7 Dec 2005 03:14

Posting in support of Scrubs. Sometimes it just makes me laugh until i cry it's that good.

Also That 70's Show would be a good thing to have on TV

pig 7 Dec 2005 03:16

I think they have it on ITV2 quite often

roadrunner_0 7 Dec 2005 10:59

its also on... trouble i think, in fact, they have a new series on at the mo and the fit ginger lass has dyed her hair blonde

Alki 7 Dec 2005 12:01

that 70s show finished afaik. season 7 was the last i think not to sure. But the reruns are pretty awesome. Im pretty happy at the moment, they put new family guy and american dad on bbc2, so no quarrels here:)