Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Solution to Out of Tag planets (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201158)

Caj 28 Apr 2016 02:45

Solution to Out of Tag planets

To join an alliance you pay a joining fee (which would account to say 50% of 1% of your income for the whole period you were alliance-less)

It would be get very costly for a big planet at the top to stay out of tag for such a long period of time.

It would encourage alliances to tag up as fast as possible to save the score lost from membership fees.

But would still keep the option there if people want to use it

And you should remove the check box on alliance tax and have it permantly enabled with aliance able to shuffle the %.

booji 28 Apr 2016 07:38

Re: Solution to Out of Tag planets

I quite like this idea. I wonder whether you might want to start a week in or something; most tags don't fully tag immediately and there is little need to. My income so far as a not very big planet (only t300 value) has been 70mill each m and e and 90 mil c so the cost if I were not in an alliance to join now would be 350k m&e and 450k c, that is only 11.5k score. Not particularly costly.

Don't know if it is good or bad but would favour keeping xp planets out of tag (which is already the case as they are less likely to demand def etc).

Mzyxptlk 28 Apr 2016 08:36

It is already costly for planets to stay out of tag: no alliance defense.

NoXiouS 28 Apr 2016 10:38

for XP planets, the cost of no alliance def = 0.

Mzyxptlk 28 Apr 2016 11:01

But going for XP is itself a cost. Value is just better.

fortran 28 Apr 2016 12:43

One can just eliminate them and only count the score they gather while they are in the tag. But what's the point? Are they a problem?

NoXiouS 30 Apr 2016 08:49

Fortrans solution of only counting to tag score while in tag would be the simplest naturally. Considering this round and at least 2 tags going XP, I would've expected more players to be OOT and/or longer, but they've almost all tagged up already. According to our intel (which isn't 100% correct, intel isn't our top prio):
Top 100: - Faceless: 11, Ultores: 15, RainbowS: 8, NewDawn: 6, None: 6, p3nguins: 9, Norsemen: 3, Conspiracy: 17, Howling Rain: 2, Black Flag: 23

in the whole uni, there's about 23 planets we don't have intel on that would count to the top 3 alliances scores. Those would increase alliance score ~16-18m (not exact numbers as don't have exact intel) at the moment of writing this so yes, they could be a problem, but they also aren't a major problem. I personally do not like using OOTs as a tactic to hide score, but each top contender seems to have a few here and there every round lately. It's an effective way to avoid getting SKd at least, staying out of tag(s) that is.

M0RPH3US 30 Apr 2016 13:05

just disable adding planets to tag in the last week ?

DeeJay 30 Apr 2016 17:06

Why would you want to nerf every single tactic out there? Having a lot of planets OOT and tagging last day is a strategic choose in itself like many others? Why would you want to make this game one dimensional only?

Mzyxptlk 1 May 2016 08:35

Because waa waaa waaaa!

BloodyButcher 1 May 2016 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJay (Post 3251365)
Why would you want to nerf every single tactic out there? Having a lot of planets OOT and tagging last day is a strategic choose in itself like many others? Why would you want to make this game one dimensional only?

The issue is the way Faceless and Norse won rounds on this due to adding players the last day wich hadnt been with teh tag.

Since the "counting" part of the tags is narrowed down, this could quickly become a problem.

fortran 1 May 2016 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3251369)
The issue is the way Faceless and Norse won rounds on this due to adding players the last day wich hadnt been with teh tag.

Since the "counting" part of the tags is narrowed down, this could quickly become a problem.

Imho that was not a problem, it was a risky or naive strategy letting them be in that position where they would only need those moves to win. I consider it part of the game.

Caj 4 May 2016 13:52

i have decided this isnt so much of a problem i think i was just bored when i made the thread.

on a serious note we should remove SK alliance only rule

JondakenX 4 May 2016 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortran (Post 3251370)
Imho that was not a problem, it was a risky or naive strategy letting them be in that position where they would only need those moves to win. I consider it part of the game.

I'm not sure it should be considered a part of the game for an Alliance that has only been together for 1 tick to win the entire round, when many if not the majority of its members hadn't functioned in that alliance for the other 1200 or w/e.

Seems like an abuse of how the system works to me.

Mzyxptlk 4 May 2016 20:12

You're confusing tags and alliances.

lokken 4 May 2016 23:58

My solution would be remove tags.