Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Cov op (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201394)

Cow 24 Jul 2017 17:40

New Cov op

18:34 < Cow> Next round, could we have a covop that makes it possible to hack and send fake recall msgs?
18:35 < Fiery> no
18:35 < Rein|VPS> that is actually a fun idea
18:35 < Fiery> no

What you guys think? Could we freshen the covop up?

Cow

Lukey 24 Jul 2017 19:14

Re: New Cov op

Covop's could definitely be reviewed, I'd probably want to make it stronger in general to be more viable from a value perspective.

I'm not sure a fake recall message covop would be a good idea though, that sounds like it will cause only pain and suffering to little benefit.

Spammer 7 Jan 2018 15:10

lol cow fake recall msgs ��

TheoDD 8 Jan 2018 10:38

Telecom Disturbance: Unable to report or show signs of incomings for the next 1 - 6 ticks.

No incoming show on gal or ally display while affected by this.
Length affected based on agents used. (Example 10 agents 1 tick, 60 agents 6 ticks.) Kinda like Havoc.

Makhil 8 Jan 2018 10:46

info that could be useful in an Intel Gathering cov op:
- target is online/offline (this one used to show on some scan i think).
- target government
- target population settings

Blue_Esper 8 Jan 2018 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3261216)
- target government

maybe one that reduces population be 5% for 3 ticks?

Pit 8 Jan 2018 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3261217)

Reducing the population bonuses might work. Reducing the population % you can allocate would be too messy.

genosse27 9 Jan 2018 15:56

just do it manual.

i remember using a slightly different nickname on IRC/TG and telling people to recall their def. Just use a DC nick or the planet owner's name. It even worked once.

The cov op idea is not good though. People should trust every ingame feature.

Mzyxptlk 9 Jan 2018 18:12

I'm inclined to agree. Having the game outright lie to you is not a good experience.

That said, there's some interesting ideas in this thread, and I'd be happy to hear more.

Adapt 9 Jan 2018 18:29

I think blowing up roids is ridiculous it would be cool if instead of blowing them up you could steal them, ofcorse there would need to be a formula in place so it does not get abused, for example you have two attempt's a day to steal a maximum of 6 roids, that would mean the blowing up aspect could be completely removed as I don't see any use in it.

Kaiba 9 Jan 2018 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adapt (Post 3261225)
I think blowing up roids is ridiculous it would be cool if instead of blowing them up you could steal them, ofcorse there would need to be a formula in place so it does not get abused, for example you have two attempt's a day to steal a maximum of 6 roids, that would mean the blowing up aspect could be completely removed as I don't see any use in it.

Its called astropods.

What should happen is to remove fist, make research first then do add an alert drop covop.

Adapt 10 Jan 2018 19:14

Duncan:
imo they shouldn't have blowing up roids be the first cov op, maybe bribing guards or agents should be first

that way it doesn't discourage new players as much plus leaves more roids in the universe.

I agree with this also (thanks Duncan)

Caj 11 Jan 2018 15:59

Have the Cov op STEAL asteroids instead of blow them up.

Devlin 14 Jan 2018 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cow (Post 3259336)
Next round, could we have a covop that makes it possible to hack and send fake recall msgs?

No. People would just stop trusting in-game recall mails and not recall until they heard from someone on IRC/Slack/tg/wa

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoDD (Post 3261215)
Telecom Disturbance: Unable to report or show signs of incomings for the next 1 - 6 ticks.

No incoming show on gal or ally display while affected by this.
Length affected based on agents used. (Example 10 agents 1 tick, 60 agents 6 ticks.) Kinda like Havoc.

No. Allies would just go back to external tools so members could report their own incs as soon as they saw them. This would be a disadvantage to small allies that don't have the means to run external tools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3261216)
- target government

YES!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3261217)

Maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adapt (Post 3261225)

YES! 6 seems a little low though.

Adapt 16 Jan 2018 12:45

6 is low yes, it was a starting point, only a suggestion, the question is do you want to make the cap from covop stealing roids high enough that its a playable style or just so the roids that are being blown up stay in the universe?

Also what are the chances of the PA even looking into this idea as a possibly, after the low roid count this round id say they have to either remove the blowing up of roids or put the quests back to what they were previous to this round.

Blue_Esper 16 Jan 2018 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adapt (Post 3261257)
6 is low yes, it was a starting point, only a suggestion, the question is do you want to make the cap from covop stealing roids high enough that its a playable style or just so the roids that are being blown up stay in the universe?

Also what are the chances of the PA even looking into this idea as a possibly, after the low roid count this round id say they have to either remove the blowing up of roids or put the quests back to what they were previous to this round.

Or reverse the init formula

Cochese 16 Jan 2018 18:59

Blowing up roids never made any sense to me, especially in the last few years. The amount of asteroids produced by quests certainly helped last round, but may have been too much.

We certainly don't need fewer roids up for grabs. I mostly sign up every round to add more roids to the universe, rather than actively playing.

The target online/offline, gov, pop is something to look at....but I think planets still show 'online' unless you hit the logout button, for 2 hours if you just close your browser?

Covops still needs some serious attention in general.