Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Running Total (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201404)

Veil05 4 Aug 2017 09:28

Running Total

Could we keep a 'leaderboard' of players running total scores?

Keep a bit of round-on-round competition?

Mzyxptlk 10 Oct 2017 21:08

Re: Running Total

Must've missed this. I like it, but I'm not really sure how you work with people not playing every single round. Who's better, the guy who got 50m score over 10 rounds (5m per round), or the guy who got 30m over 5 rounds (6m per round)? What about the guy who got top 3 on his first try? Someone who scans most rounds, but when they play 'for real', they consistently hit top 10?

Ave 10 Oct 2017 21:18

Multiple boards?

Veil05 11 Oct 2017 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3260320)
Must've missed this. I like it, but I'm not really sure how you work with people not playing every single round. Who's better, the guy who got 50m score over 10 rounds (5m per round), or the guy who got 30m over 3 rounds (6m per round)? What about the guy who got top 3 on his first try? Someone who scans most rounds, but when they play 'for real', they consistently hit top 10?

It would work if we called out the sample?

I was going to suggest having Mean but then one person could have a great round and then not play again.

Anyone else with any suggestions?

Mzyxptlk 11 Oct 2017 07:49

What do you mean by 'called out the sample'?

Kaiba 11 Oct 2017 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3260320)
Must've missed this. I like it, but I'm not really sure how you work with people not playing every single round. Who's better, the guy who got 50m score over 10 rounds (5m per round), or the guy who got 30m over 3 rounds (6m per round)? What about the guy who got top 3 on his first try? Someone who scans most rounds, but when they play 'for real', they consistently hit top 10?

A running total wouldnt work, simple, for the reason you gave plus more.

On the other hand a reward/trophy list based on targets hit in a round would better do justice to someone's ability than a 'total score'.

For example if you had:

Mzyxptik

Rd 65 - Gold Round winners trophy, silver fleet launch trophy, Silver def fleet trophy, Silver galaxy runner up trophy.

Rd 66 - Top ten finish trophy, gold fleet launch, gold galaxy winner.

Rd 67 - Top 10 scanner trophy, 10k scans performed achievement badge, 200 covop achievemnt badge, Gold alliance winner.

etc etc....

Make all the awards cliickable (for mobile aid) so that you can see what a 'badge' was awarded for. This would then make someones profile more represenative of the kind of player they are.

Using above an an example you can see that even when Mz wasnt winning the round or smashing it in top gal he was a very active scanner/covoper and team player.

My 2 cents....

Mzyxptlk 11 Oct 2017 10:13

It's true, I'm pretty amazing.

I like the idea, though I'd stay away from single player badges. Those are not really an indication of skill but only of dedication. Any old fool can do 100k scans a round. Sorry, Pit. :P

Comparing people to each other is better, because the more players care more about certain badges, the harder they'll be to earn.

Veil05 16 Oct 2017 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3260338)
A running total wouldnt work, simple, for the reason you gave plus more.

On the other hand a reward/trophy list based on targets hit in a round would better do justice to someone's ability than a 'total score'.

For example if you had:

Mzyxptik

Rd 65 - Gold Round winners trophy, silver fleet launch trophy, Silver def fleet trophy, Silver galaxy runner up trophy.

Rd 66 - Top ten finish trophy, gold fleet launch, gold galaxy winner.

Rd 67 - Top 10 scanner trophy, 10k scans performed achievement badge, 200 covop achievemnt badge, Gold alliance winner.

etc etc....

Make all the awards cliickable (for mobile aid) so that you can see what a 'badge' was awarded for. This would then make someones profile more represenative of the kind of player they are.

Using above an an example you can see that even when Mz wasnt winning the round or smashing it in top gal he was a very active scanner/covoper and team player.

My 2 cents....

Oh I like this. Gamification, in a game!

Veil05 16 Oct 2017 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veil05 (Post 3260336)
It would work if we called out the sample?

I was going to suggest having Mean but then one person could have a great round and then not play again.

Anyone else with any suggestions?

Eg
6,738,091 / 1 round
4,848,122 / 4 rounds

Etc