Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Guidelines/Rules Of Round 16 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189492)

Assassin 27 Jan 2006 21:39

Guidelines/Rules Of Round 16

Support Planets

There has been a lot of discussion on what constitutes a support planet. Planets that are signed up with the sole purpose of helping a certain alliance/planet/galaxy/BP will not be allowed. This rule was implemented last round and we will continue using this rule for further rounds.

We will allow planets to defend friends from time to time but it has to be obvious you're also playing for yourself (as opposed to playing purely to support others). If we do suspect that planets are set up purely to defend others, we will investigate and take appropriate action based on the evidence collected.

Planets that are signed up for the sole purpose of flaking out attack fleets are not allowed. If your friends want to join your attack then their is no issue with this but again it has to be them playing their own game and not only attacking for the benefit of others. Any external BGs existing between alliances in the round are advised to come and speak to myself, Squishy or any other member of the MH team if they feel that this will help reduce problems down the line. Again, we're not trying to set out and destroy people playing together, but in the recent past people have tried to do this sort of thing to gain an unfair advantage.

I would also like to say that all appeals from closed planets will be listened to.

Scan Planets
Some people seem to be confused as to what we (the MH team) see as Support Planets. We have no problem with people wanting to be "scan planets" if they don’t want to play properly and want to help out there alliance. We'd prefer that they stay in tag; however, especially due to the new lower alliance limit we understand that keeping scan planets in the alliance tag isn't a priority. If planets scan from out of tag then we have no issues with this as long as they're clearly scan planets. For example, planets with 5 amps and 5k vipers last round were being put forward as "scan planets" for their alliance, when they had 2 defence fleets out a night.
Occasional defence fleets are allowed from scan planets to their "mother alliance", but it'd be easier if said planets were in a tag and didn't defend there all the time.

Exceptions.

At the moment we are trying to get the exception system up and running. For the people who are not aware of what the exception system is I will briefly describe it. The exception system is built into the game and is a system which allows family members/friends who share the same ip play together. Once you’re in an exception it automatically puts limits on your (collective) planets per week. For example you won’t be allowed to attack the same planet/galaxy as each other, and it will put limitations on how many times you can defend each other. It’s basically a hard coded prevention unit for breaking the rules. We are hoping to get this running this round - we weren't so successful last round. I do also apologise for any inconvenience it caused last round without having the exception system, and I hope it will be corrected this round. For now, if you feel there may be any problems, we'd like to see you in the channel #Multihunters on irc.netgamers.org and again pm myself, Squishy or any other member of the MH team so we can make a note.

Proxies

The use of proxies have always been banned from PA without good reason. If we catch anyone using proxies without prior consent they will be closed. I am aware some people like to play PA from work/Schools and can only access it through proxies, but as I stated above you will need to again come and speak to a MH and verify this - if you don’t and we find you’re using a proxy you will be closed without warning.

The EULA

Here below is a Copy of the EULA which you all sign I might add on the signup page so there is no excuse to not reading it. Here is the copy of the Rules Section:

18. Cheating
This section presents the rules for playing the actual Game.

18.1. Farming:
Farming is illegal. The definitions of farming are, but are not limited to:
(a) Attacking a target with his/her consent to get his/her asteroids/ships
(b) Defending against someone who is attacking with their consent to steal
their ships.
(c) Abusing game features in order to gain excessive XP (e.g. roid farming)
(d) Doing either a, b or c by using multi-planets

18.2. Multiple Accounts / Account Sharing / Support Accounts:
Multi-ing, Account Sharing and Support Accounts are not allowed. The
definitions are, but are not limited to:
(a) A multi is a player who owns more than 1 planet.
(b) If you create another Account and intend to still play the original
Account, you are a multi.
(c) If you create another Account and use the old Account as a farm, you are
a multi and a farmer.
(d) If there is more than one user actively playing Planetarion from your IP
address, for example a friend or relative, this is fine. However, you must
register for an exception to be placed on your account to avoid being closed
This exception will limit the interaction that can take place between the
accounts and can be applied for on the preferences page in-game once signup
has been completed.
(e) Account sharing is when one player has control over more than one
Account during one round (i.e. has control over an Account that is not
theirs). This control could be via password sharing or via any form of
Trojan or Trojan like program.
(f) Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific
and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a
planet/organisation, where an organisation is defined as an alliance or galaxy.

18.3. Bots
Bots are not permitted to be used to access the game. Bot use is defined as,
but not limited to:
(a) Using browser plug-ins that would make it easier for you to play the
game
(b) Accessing the pages with another program (for example to check if you
are under attack) ¿ see section 8.

18.7. Consequences of actions which are not allowed
(a) We reserve the right to determine how much evidence is required before action is taken
(b) Any such actions will result in a warning or closure (1) of your Account
depending on the case.
(c) If your Account is closed you will be sent an automated message briefly
stating the reason for the closure. If you wish to appeal against the
closure contact the multihunter team in #multihunters. Upon completion of
this appeal the decision to close the Account will be reviewed and one of a
number of actions may result including but not limited to re-opening,
deletion or other various punitive measures (2).
(d) Accounts are automatically deleted and will be unrecoverable after 10
days of closure.
(e) An Admin does not need concrete evidence of an offence in order to
punish you, he/she just needs to have significant evidence to convince a
normal person that an offence has been committed ¿ evidence is deemed to be
anything logged by the Planetarion game server ¿ IRC logs cannot be used as
evidence, but can be used to add context to a case.

(1) Account closure means it will not be possible to log into the account,
fleets and covert operations cannot be directed at a closed Account. Upon
closing all outgoing fleets will be automatically recalled, closed Accounts
keep ticking (gaining resources, auto adjusting stealth/alert levels, etc)
with the rest of the universe.
(2) Various punitive measures imply that the punishment is completely at the
discretion of the Admins, it can vary from small score/ship/asteroid losses
to full account closures depending on the situation.

18.8. Evidence of Cheating
(a) Use of proxies and anonymizers.
(b) All interaction between accounts in the presence of other evidence
(c) More than one account using the same IP
(d) Any logged Account behaviour which appears to demonstrate a form of
farming.
(e) Shared registration information or preferences options from accounts in
the presence of other evidence.
(f) False signup information will result in immediate closure.
(g) IRC logs can be used as evidence if they are supported by other evidence
(h) Potential evidence of cheating does not always mean your Account will be
closed, if you feel you are doing something which may be regarded as
cheating which is not covered by the in-game exceptions system on the preferences
page, please register to be considered for an exception by emailing
[email protected].

Now this is the agreement above which is found on the signup page. This is what you agree to when you do indeed signup to the game. If you choose not to read this and you are then punished it is not our fault I am afraid. I am now posting it here so you are again aware and I will now go through some of the guidelines which I have bin told are not always made clear, these are going to be listed below with an explanation on what action will be taken:

(a) Use of proxies and anonymizers. - This as stated above in the 'Proxy' Section will result in closure unless we have spoken to you personally about why you need to use a proxy.

(b) All interaction between accounts in the presence of other evidence - Now this one has bin mentioned before as not being clear. Interaction with an account sharing the same IP which isn’t allowed means you’re NOT allowed to attack the same galaxy or planet. Defence also, will be looked into, if you defend a planet you are claiming to be your brother is saw as interaction, but this is allowed, however not constant defending which im hoping when we have the exception system up will prevent this automatically. You’re not allowed to attack an account sharing the same IP, that’s also counts as an interaction. The MH's will see the evidence and base it on the actions to take. For example, if we see you have a few login times matching a planet with your ip, and you have defended him a fair few times and only him, you may only receive a warning and then if it continues without speaking to a MH you will then be closed. But if we find out you have bin attacking the same planets/galaxies as another sharing the same ip, based on the intensity of the case we may close you straight away.

(c) More than one account using the same IP - Again as said above I am hoping to have the Exception system up before tick start. We do not ban this, but how ever I wouldn’t mind you dropping an email of to [email protected] or coming onto IRC into the channel #mulithunters and speaking to a MH While the exception system isn’t up.

(d) Any logged Account behaviour which appears to demonstrate a form of
farming.

(e) Shared registration information or preferences options from accounts in
the presence of other evidence. - Accounts sharing the same IP and sharing the same Password will automatically be closed. Or any accounts with the same personal details (Same First and Last name). We make clear there is no need for anyone to have the same password as you, and this will result in closure.

Now one thing which is made clear in the ULA and on here is we will use the evidence and take the punishment as we see fit. We have bin known in the past as a punishment for re-opening a planet if we have closed them and taken away roads/ships from them as a punishment. If it is a close and stay closed case they will ofc not be given this option.

The MH Code

The MultiHunter department is run by me as the Manager (Assassin), with Squishy as my deputy. We then have Cin, Jackle, Marv and Appocomaster that make up the rest of the team. We are here to prevent cheats from ruining the game for players who want to have fun and enjoy it. We are all here to make sure the winners of this game win it based on there skill and love for the game and not for cheating in some way. ALL of the MH team are trusted and will always listen to the community. If you suspect someone or want to speak about anything related to cheating or these guidelines feel free to drop by #Mulithunters on IRC and speak to one of us -as I said we are here to help. We will always be polite to you and treat everyone evenly. We never have a biased view on anyone, and I hope no one feels we have been biased towards them in the past. If you feel you have been wrongly closed for example you’re always welcome to a second opinion. So if for example one of my MH Team closes you and then tells you he won’t reopen you (as an example Jackle) your then welcome to a second opinion by me or Squishy. I always listen to people before coming to a conclusion.

The MH team will always try their best. Please don’t forget we do this job out of our love for the game. We don’t get paid for it and we are only human. Don’t be surprised that there won't always be an MH on in the middle of the night and from time to time we may not always be their to help. But we will always trying to do our best for the game. And the community in general.

Discussing Cases

One thing I want to make clear is that cases will only be discussed with the person involved. So, if a HC of an alliance comes in to ask questions regarding a members closure we will not answer you. We have given leeway once before to speak to an alliance HC because the person we closed couldn’t speak English, but again that was an unusual circumstance and we gave permission for that. It’s only ever happened once also. But I am making this clear now so we don’t get people coming to the MH Team demanding why there members have been closed, as this will only be discussed with the planets involved.