Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Denial or STOOM FTW? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196442)

Villeh 10 May 2008 09:49

Denial or STOOM FTW?

Just as STOOM was doing so well on catching up to Denial, some stoomers decided it was a great idea to start defending Denial in gal...

GJ :salute:

Mzyxptlk 10 May 2008 11:23

Re: Denial or STOOM FTW?

They're allowed to if they want to, nothing stopping them. :)

Banned 10 May 2008 11:39

Some idiots really want to lose...

Benneh 10 May 2008 11:44

Ascendancy - We seem to like second more than Game

Buly 10 May 2008 12:42

Yet we criticize others when they are happy with 2nd place.

Achilles 10 May 2008 13:04

Yeah, I think almost everyone in Asc sees the irony inherent in this right now. I'd laugh if the whole thing didn't make me so :sadface:

That said, despite a few recalcitrant fools I think anyone who's glanced at Sandmans today will have noticed that ND/CT/ToF have hurt Denial considerably. They still have a strong lead in hidden prod but for the first time in some while there seems the possibility they might let it slip.

Riddim 10 May 2008 13:24

1 Denial 61430 75 3,572,226 214,333,610
2 STOOMTHEREVIVAL 65129 72 3,534,441 212,066,499
3 NoX 55296 61 3,228,363 193,701,825
4 NewDawn 57640 75 3,195,236 191,714,211

Battle fatigue for Denial/NoX?
It looks as if you lot are crashing a considerable amount of fleets.

Chika 10 May 2008 13:24

I only replied here because I haven't said anything in a while.

Cochese 10 May 2008 13:51

We're pretty good when we're not crashing :)

JonnyBGood 10 May 2008 13:52

If we do win, and it's a mighty big if considering we're still behind, we'll owe as much to the alliances that helped us today as anything else.

MiniMoose 10 May 2008 14:01

The best thing about this is its near the end of the round and its not one alliance storming away with the win with no hope of a fight. Definitely the most interesting ending of a round recently!

It is nice to see some alliances fighting for it. I still think NoX would have been far better off cutting away from denial and actually going for it themselves, but I guess you gotta respect their choice. Should be a fun few days anyway!

Caj 10 May 2008 14:18

zomg it's just like the premier league :o

Kargool 10 May 2008 14:24

If Stoomscendancy win this round, their members must be utter crazy. Who the hell would want to join such a shit alliance!

MiniMoose 10 May 2008 14:27

Who indeed... :P

Kenny 10 May 2008 14:34

OK, I'm going to say this with as little bias as possible:

It's genuinely funny that the community can go from hating Ascendancy with 90% of their posts, to helping them win the round.

I can't emphasise enough how un-bitter I am, but I just love the hypocrisy.

"Asc are too arrogant! Asc always complain! Asc cheat! Asc play unfair!"

Then...

"Asc, we'll help you win!"

Game is the master at politics tbh.

isildurx 10 May 2008 14:37

Youve taken up the arrogance seat imo this round with all your 'cool videos' and 'exciting stories' about Denial.

Knight Theamion 10 May 2008 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny

It's genuinely funny that the community can go from hating Ascendancy with 90% of their posts, to helping them win the round.

Then...

and who the **** is game?
your sister or something?

Kenny 10 May 2008 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx
Youve taken up the arrogance seat imo this round with all your 'cool videos' and 'exciting stories' about Denial.

In all fairness, my 'cool videos' (thanks) and 'exciting stories' (mehh) brought the forums back from the dead.

I've always maintained that I started Denial to bring more alliances into the game to keep things interesting. When things got boring (or, more specifically, when I got bored) I spent time amusing myself. And tbh - more people liked the videos than they did dislike, so I'm glad I was able to amuse others in the process of keeping myself entertained.

Kenny 10 May 2008 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
and who the **** is game?
your sister or something?

I wish Game was my sister :(

Kargool 10 May 2008 14:45

Quote:

If Game is the master at politics, you're the Uncle at McDonalds!

Gate 10 May 2008 14:57

I liked Kennys videos and stuff. It's far more fun for the casual observer when alliances are boasting and growling at each other over AD.

Tesla 10 May 2008 15:45

Quote:

Then...

How un-bitter you are eh? If you really weren't bitter you wouldn't be posting these not-so-subtle remindings in the first place..
Some might even say that you're in denial.. :rolleyes:

Game^ 10 May 2008 16:06

Quote:

Then...

In a funny kind of way, I think you need to thank your own 'allies' for the turn around. If NoX had followed through with their initial plan of hitting you with us, I VERY much doubt any other alliances would have helped us.

I think the current landscape speaks volumes for how the rest of the universe feels that you and NoX have conduced yourselves for the past week.

First of all we have NoX 'wanting' to hit you, but then not, and then deciding to whore you to #1. Secondly we have you just simply turning a blind eye to the actions that were unfolding behind your backs (actions that you were more than aware of)

I think the community expected NoX to either go for the win, or Denial to then assert themselves as the real round winners by beating their chest at their potential backstabbers. None of this happened, so alliances were forced to make their own fun :(

Kenny 10 May 2008 16:22

I think the main concern with taking action against NoX or visa versa was the idea that should they turn on their only allies of the round - it would make it VERY difficult for another alliance to trust them again.

So yeah - if it's just for the 'entertaining of the masses' that denox falls apart - what's the point? NoX aren't in a brilliant position because of the Expl8t debacle which, funnily enough, affected Denial too (although we believed it to be Asc responsible for the longest of times), and it's harder for an alliance to approach people and say "help us win" than it is to say "lets work together to beat the people who are currently winning".

Mind you, if I went into a lot more detail now, you wouldn't all get to moan at me when I produce my eor summary.

_Kila_ 10 May 2008 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tesla
How un-bitter you are eh? If you really weren't bitter you wouldn't be posting these not-so-subtle remindings in the first place..
Some might even say that you're in denial.. :rolleyes:

He's quite right, it's pretty funny how not too long ago 7 alliances teamed up to hit Asc and now these same alliances are helping them to win.

Buly 10 May 2008 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx

Agreed. They're reason enough for not letting Denial win.

Tesla 10 May 2008 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_
He's quite right, it's pretty funny how not too long ago 7 alliances teamed up to hit Asc and now these same alliances are helping them to win.

What goes around comes around? .. I mean.. Denial has been surfing the "lets not let NewDawn win 3 in a row" wave all round, and now they are suffering at the hands of the "lets not let Denial win" movement. Its standard planetarion mumbojumbo.. its nothing new, and there is nothing 'funny' bout it.

PS. From a spectator point of view (albeit hopeing Asc wins): Asc couldn't of asked for better PR than what Kenny is giving them. Kennys random display of arrogance/boredom puts them outside the limelight. :|

lokken 10 May 2008 18:14

Regardless of the tone of the posts above, this game is far from over. "You should have done X or Y" and "how the **** are people letting you get away with that" is pretty irrelevant in a head to head fight to the finish - which is what this round has turned into.

The key point is who is motivated and disciplined enough to win it will have a very good chance and we shall see how plays out in the coming days. It's also about the attitude of each alliance's membership and I expect only the best from my Ascendancy colleagues.

LukeyLove 10 May 2008 19:22

Quote:

I think the majority of the universe really doesnt care whether asc or denial win, they're more interested in providing good entertainment for the members by making the top-spot an unusually close race.

Personally im hoping for a 1v1 fight between asc and denial so that the end can be decided on the skills of the members/officers rather than the size of their respective blocks.

So I call for a motion (yes i know this isn't the senate!) that from tomorrow onwards the two top allies go to battling it out alone, with other alliances returning to gal raiding or respective wars for lower positions.

snuffy 10 May 2008 20:47

Denial should seduce somebody =D

Villeh 10 May 2008 21:16

Quote:

Then...

Its just like making a choice in a political election. It's often not so much about voting for the one you really trust and love, as much as voting for "The Lesser of 2 Evils", and at this moment for a lot of PA players, STOOM is a lesser evil than Denial.

PS: I found your stories and videos very amusing, GJ! :)

Villeh 10 May 2008 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game^
I think the community expected NoX to either go for the win, or Denial to then assert themselves as the real round winners by beating their chest at their potential backstabbers. None of this happened, so alliances were forced to make their own fun :(

I for one am very disappointed in NoX. Sure I can understand their reluctance to break the block they have with Denial, but really, it's PA, it's about WAR and it's about WINNING. They SO should have gone for the Win...

Quote:

I think the main concern with taking action against NoX or visa versa was the idea that should they turn on their only allies of the round - it would make it VERY difficult for another alliance to trust them again.

Making it difficult for other alliances to trust them in the future????? LOL Come the F:D :DK on!!! PA is played round by round, loyalties switch and fluctuates, this is how it's been for 26 rounds, doubt it'll be any different next round. If anything, I think other alliances would have had more respect for NoX next time around if they had chosen to go for the Win.

I might be wrong, but I'l stand by what I think :p

snuffy 10 May 2008 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villeh
Its just like making a choice in a political election. It's often not so much about voting for the one you really trust and love, as much as voting for "The Lesser of 2 Evils", and at this moment for a lot of PA players, STOOM is a lesser evil than Denial.

PS: I found your stories and videos very amusing, GJ! :)

didn't u go to sunday school? voting for those u trust and love is a recipe for disaster.

.Disc. 11 May 2008 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken
Regardless of the tone of the posts above, this game is far from over. "You should have done X or Y" and "how the **** are people letting you get away with that" is pretty irrelevant in a head to head fight to the finish - which is what this round has turned into.

How you can possibly say its a head to head finish it beyond me! If it was head to head then it would be Denial vs Asc, yet its not, the numbers are massed towards the Asc side of the war. Don't get me wrong, its good that an alliance has finally got some balls to challenge the #1 spot, but in my opinion it should of been done 2/3 weeks ago, so that then, once all is a level playing field, alliances could pit their witts against eachother, rather than 1week before round end decide to do it, although effective, its cowardly.

Denial win for me, they have played the best game, bought in new players, i've not seen any posts from HC other than banter etc (fu all who slate Kenny for making videos etc, the boards are ****in boring!).

I hate everything Asc stand for, they think their a step above everyone else, with a playerbase full of egos, and a PR team which stinks of bigheaded bullshit. So yeah, don't deserve the win.

ElAlan 11 May 2008 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Disc.
How you can possibly say its a head to head finish it beyond me! If it was head to head then it would be Denial vs Asc, yet its not, the numbers are massed towards the Asc side of the war. Don't get me wrong, its good that an alliance has finally got some balls to challenge the #1 spot, but in my opinion it should of been done 2/3 weeks ago, so that then, once all is a level playing field, alliances could pit their witts against eachother, rather than 1week before round end decide to do it, although effective, its cowardly.

Denial win for me, they have played the best game, bought in new players, i've not seen any posts from HC other than banter etc (fu all who slate Kenny for making videos etc, the boards are ****in boring!).

I hate everything Asc stand for, they think their a step above everyone else, with a playerbase full of egos, and a PR team which stinks of bigheaded bullshit. So yeah, don't deserve the win.

Oh my word what are you thinking? First of all lets start on how have Denial played the best round? they were in an early war allied with Nox against ND/jenova, except from that which died after about a week of fighting they have had a free run of roiding while not being hit, in fact their allies Nox got hit a lot more. At the same time the entire universe decided to hit asc along with the usual targetting, happy days, it was actually quite funny and may well have been the thing that woke us up and got us going...

Quite franky I hear this thing about us asc are apparently above all/bigheaded all the time.. but at least its interesting, without us even kenny's admittedy decent (:) you love me Kenny) videos wouldn't hold this board up

Reese 11 May 2008 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAlan
Oh my word what are you thinking? First of all lets start on how have Denial played the best round? they were in an early war allied with Nox against ND/jenova, except from that which died after about a week of fighting they have had a free run of roiding while not being hit, in fact their allies Nox got hit a lot more.

Wrong. If you want to compare incoming #'s after the round we certainly can. Any Denial member can tell you how much incs we have had though.

ElAlan 11 May 2008 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reese
Wrong. If you want to compare incoming #'s after the round we certainly can. Any Denial member can tell you how much incs we have had though.

Well as soon as you find me a Nox officer/HC who will happily say "yes we dropped dramatically down the rankings miserably while Denial actually recieved more incs than us and stayed top..." i will happily take your word as law, at their expense ofc...

Kargool 11 May 2008 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reese

Does people still count how many incomings an alliance get over 1 round? I thought that in the end it was the score on the scoreboard that mattered.

I honestly want Stoom to win, because Denial have played a rotten game, pushing politics in front of them instead of taking the battle to their enemies.

Mzyxptlk 11 May 2008 10:20

Quote:

I think maybe your hate is clouding your judgement.

P.S. What PR team?

KaneED 11 May 2008 10:48

Alliances have PR teams?

:w-hat:

Vladel 11 May 2008 10:56

Thing is with kenny's videos and as funny as they were, they were wrought of arrogance and a belief that they had already won the round as alot of people believed. If they do win the round then well done (you don't deserve it). AS for backing stoom, at the end of the day alliances will gang up on top dog in order to keep things interesting and a sucess for stoom will bode well for planetarions future by showing that the game can indeed produce suprises and overturn huge leads. So forget about it being between denial and stoom and just back an ideal that the war isn't over until kenny actually makes a vaild point!

Gate 11 May 2008 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladel
If they do win the round then well done (you don't deserve it).

They don't? If they win, they beat what was put in front of them including a serious late round challenge backed up by a resurgent ND.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladel
AS for backing stoom, at the end of the day alliances will gang up on top dog in order to keep things interesting and a sucess for stoom will bode well for planetarions future by showing that the game can indeed produce suprises and overturn huge leads.

Damn straight. It's fun to watch. <3

.Disc. 11 May 2008 20:07

ElAlan, your missing my point completely, what i said was, Ascendancy have waited til now to hit Denial, when people were begging alliances to do it atleast 2/3 weeks ago, although this tactic works as their working with others, but would have been less cowardly if they had of done it 2/3 weeks ago, then fought on a level playing field, and don't talk about alliances using alliances, Asc are using alliances at the moment, knowing that them alliances are helping them gain what could be #1 position,so its no war, its just a large amount of alliances taking Denial big guys out in an attempt to boost Ascendancy's ego even further.

H1TMANish 11 May 2008 20:57

Quote:

ElAlan, your missing my point completely, what i said was, Ascendancy have waited til now to hit Denial, when people were begging alliances to do it atleast 2/3 weeks ago, although this tactic works as their working with others, but would have been less cowardly if they had of done it 2/3 weeks ago, then fought on a level playing field, and don't talk about alliances using alliances, Asc are using alliances at the moment, knowing that them alliances are helping them gain what could be #1 position,so its no war, its just a large amount of alliances taking Denial big guys out in an attempt to boost Ascendancy's ego even further.

hahahahahaha.

Seriously, i peed a little.

HeimdallR 11 May 2008 21:12

well i haven't followed the politics much this round, but don't know why STOOM should deserve the win more then DENIAL. from my point of view DENIAL deserves it even more then STOOM simply cause they dont' have half the entire universe backing them up.

Heartless 11 May 2008 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeimdallR
well i haven't followed the politics much this round, but don't know why STOOM should deserve the win more then DENIAL. from my point of view DENIAL deserves it even more then STOOM simply cause they dont' have half the entire universe backing them up.

Now now, let's not forget that we also had half of the universe teaming up on STOOM alone for weird, unproven accusations cheating. Also, Denial are married with Nox since PT 0.

However, time will tell how it turns out, there is no "x deserves it more than y" at all.

JonnyBGood 11 May 2008 21:51

The teamup on denial lasted for one night...which coincidentally is as long as the teamup on ascendancy lasted and with about half the alliances heh.

gzambo 11 May 2008 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
Denial are married with Nox since PT -72

FYP

Duo 12 May 2008 00:09

Take out DENIAL and STOOM ==> Randomly select two other top-tier alliances.
And voila!

The same discussion (some of) you had a few years ago. If that isnt progress, I dont know what is.

<comment from a retired point-of-view>

Bubert Samson 12 May 2008 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo
Take out DENIAL and STOOM ==> Randomly select two other top-tier alliances.
And voila!

The same discussion (some of) you had a few years ago. If that isnt progress, I dont know what is.

<comment from a retired point-of-view>

Touche'

AD is always blurred with a huge sense of deja vu