Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Strategic Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Running Covert Operations (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=178632)

waffle 3 Jul 2004 20:48

Running Covert Operations

Is there a good page anyone has made with details on how many agents you should use to be most effective for certain operations. Like the exploding fist(asteroid destruction), how many should you use to be most effective. Is there a max amount of asteroids you can blow up in 1 run?

For Research hacking, what's the most amount of ticks you can set them back? I've done 5 before, can you do more?

Gerbie 3 Jul 2004 21:11

Re: Running Covert Operations

I had a calculator (.xls spreadsheet) for it (used it in rnd 10 when I was a cov op planet), but I can't find it anymore. Make your own. :P

For most cov ops you need the minimal amount for each structure/roid. The minimal for research is 15, so you can do 6 ticks with 90 agents.

For resources it is 1k of each resource * target_value/your_value per agent (with a maximum of 5k/agent). Furthermore there is a maximum of 10% of your target's resources.

rshih 4 Jul 2004 06:54

Don't cov op me waffles. I love you :(

waffle 4 Jul 2004 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshih
Don't cov op me waffles. I love you :(

I love you too. I would NEVER covert op you. :(. But I have others lined up for my wrath. ;).

Gerbie 4 Jul 2004 11:49

Aparantly you can now steal a maximum of 7.5k resources/agent.

xtothez 4 Jul 2004 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerbie
For most cov ops you need the minimal amount for each structure/roid. The minimal for research is 15, so you can do 6 ticks with 90 agents.

It's actually nearer 1 tick per 10 agents, just 15 is the minimum. I've seen someone set back 8 ticks with 80 agents in their priv news.

Oh, and Waffle - I wrote a decent covopping guide on the 1up forums.
:o)

waffle 4 Jul 2004 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtothez
It's actually nearer 1 tick per 10 agents, just 15 is the minimum. I've seen someone set back 8 ticks with 80 agents in their priv news.

Oh, and Waffle - I wrote a decent covopping guide on the 1up forums.
:o)

I don't have access to that anymore. Care to share it here?

Ultimate Newbie 5 Jul 2004 04:01

from memory, i think you needed at least 50 agents for the asteroid destruction one (exploding fist) - thoguh i could be wrong and/or it could have changed since R10 when i was experimenting.

It took alot though - it was hard to get most people (though being a cath helped :p)

TheBerk 5 Jul 2004 08:25

10 agents = 1 asteroid destroyed :)
20 = 2 roids destroyed

last round you needed 50 agents to blow up a construction....

nathan123 2 Aug 2004 15:44

lol dares me too try and blow up The best persons in the game roids. ill only get like 5 max but its alot at his lvl. once ive done it ill give u notice :D. SUICIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol im crazy