Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Strategic Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Stats (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191485)

TheShadowMan 3 Jul 2006 15:22

Stats

I dunno if this is right but every race has a corvette that is anti fi

Phoenix Corvette Fighter Norm 6
Beetle Corvette Fighter Emp 2
Arrowhead Corvette Fighter 5
Thief Corvette Fighter Steal 42

Another thing, I maybe wrong but if a Buc capps a lone battleship this increases the eta back to base by one?

If so can be used to fleet catch em, if done right gives the fleetcatchers an extra hr to sort something out.

mens 4 Jul 2006 07:49

Re: Stats

you talking about beta?

Cowmando 7 Jul 2006 04:15

is it just that i can't find it or is there really nor thread for the development of the r18 stats?

if there is not a thread to discuss this with the community perhapps this is what has lead to what imo appears to be a almost useless set of zik stats. This is based only on a breif look at the stats and i will allaberate further when i have more time and have had a beter look.

if i am wrong about this please point out where to ease my analysis

Paisley 7 Jul 2006 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowmando
is it just that i can't find it or is there really nor thread for the development of the r18 stats?

if there is not a thread to discuss this with the community perhapps this is what has lead to what imo appears to be a almost useless set of zik stats. This is based only on a breif look at the stats and i will allaberate further when i have more time and have had a beter look.

if i am wrong about this please point out where to ease my analysis

it is called #beta
But I guess we can have forum discussion

Gate 7 Jul 2006 09:46

Quote:

Zik BS are :up:

ArcChas 7 Jul 2006 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley
But I guess we can have forum discussion

Given that ticks start in 7.5 hours it's going to be a pretty short discussion. ;)

Cowmando 8 Jul 2006 03:34

sure i know about #beta but there has always been a forum discussion aswell so everyone can get involed in the creation of the next round stats. I am sad that i was not able to get online to help with the development of this set of stats. But it must be said that beta very rarely produces accurate results on the ships stats imo, purely based on ithe fact it is a speed round with a very limited amout of players with a lot of them playing to win rather than to test. I can see that zik Bs is a very viable option but the rest seem to not only make a second attack fleet unviable, (without relying on captureing enough ships which is hard especially in the upper eshalons of the game) but also a decent defence is unviable. There are only 2 non zik fleets that can't land either for free (including those which shoot the hell out of zik ships b4 they can steal or attack) or a game of chicken (and it is normal for the zik who comes out worst in a game of chicken) and then on top of that the traddtional zik on zik based on those with the better fleet composition (I alwaysed liked the fact that a smaller zik with a better fleet composition could attack and beat many bigger ziks) has also been removed aswell.

I know it is to late to change anything stats wise and unfortunately i was unable to get online earlier to express my veiws due to the fact i was moveing house. I am sorry if my examination does not match most peoples veiws on the stats but i purely look to see where i am wrong so it is possable to play zik this round.

these are just my observations based on the stats and are untested please bring to my attention any errors or anything i have missed. At the moment i would not recomend zik in this round to anyone.

DunkelGraf 8 Jul 2006 10:28

I am just wondering what the Zik fr-fleet is useful for?
It does not even have any steal-ship and each race got a 0-loss defship against them.
Maybe its good enough for visiting the next shop and buy some beer....

Gate 8 Jul 2006 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
It does not even have any steal-ship and each race got a 0-loss defship against them.

Roiding caths and scaring off FI/CO, I'd assume. :o

K-W 8 Jul 2006 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunkelGraf

As gate said, scaring off attacks and grabbing a few roids until you can steal something else to roid with.

Paisley 8 Jul 2006 12:52

Quote:

commando's good post

I am still a big fan of having a 1 week, 15 min ticks public beta but that hasnt been done since r14.

There are certain people you have on the #beta channel you take note of their views. There are few you just say "back to your toy cars buddy."
Just need to know how to be selective of sources.
There is When you look at the stats you would read inbetween the lines.
Ally def options, ingal def options, targetting options and so forth.

fine tuning on 1 min tick betas can be difficult.
But I do think these will be very playable stats.

Tietäjä 8 Jul 2006 15:11

The stats have never been (as far as I know) unplayable, sometimes just lacking some balance.