Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mr. Netgamers 2010... and A Bold New Project? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199021)

aNgRyDuCk 13 Oct 2010 22:09

Mr. Netgamers 2010... and A Bold New Project?

Well first I'll thank the wonderful people who judged the 2010 Mr. Netgamers contest. I was fortunate enough to be selected as one of the winners and it was very nice to be recognized, so again, thank you very much, and I really do appreciate it.

One of the prizes is free hosting and web space. With that in mind, I'd really like to use it for something that could benefit the entire community. Here's what I'd like to see in this thread......

If there is something you thought would be nice to have on a community wide basis, some project, idea, something you scratched out on a pizza box or a napkin... whatever... I'd like to hear your thoughts, ideas, and/or suggestions.

Maybe a basic set of tools for smaller alliances that are just starting out, or something for new players to use, to help them learn the game and have more success.... I'm open to any thoughts... so please post those ideas in this thread.

Please do keep it civil... no idea is a bad one in this matter, and I want this to be fun for everyone.

Thanks

Reincarnate 13 Oct 2010 22:12

Re: Mr. Netgamers 2010... and A Bold New Project?

bring back sandmans!

aNgRyDuCk 13 Oct 2010 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3200802)
bring back sandmans!

didn't realize we were losing it, very good suggestion.. keep them coming

Kaiba 13 Oct 2010 22:20

why keep them coming?? just get sandmans back ffs!!!

No one wants it wasting on some stupid idea just use the free space to host sandmans and make everyone happy

aNgRyDuCk 13 Oct 2010 22:23

well, because I would like to have some options, maybe there's something that's needed more, if not, if this is what we need to use the space for then I'm perfectly fine with that, just want to make sure we make the best possible use of it

also, if Sandman is willing to release the code, I've been made aware of some other hosting options for it.... so we'll try to follow up on that... still, keep the ideas coming

HaNzI 13 Oct 2010 23:07

Never heard of this competition!

Mzyxptlk 13 Oct 2010 23:14

I can't think of anything that would be more useful or more widely used than sandmans 2.0.

unimatrix 13 Oct 2010 23:16

hanzi , it was advertised on forums , irc :p

Kargool 14 Oct 2010 13:01

Indeed, a Sandmans with maybe also a scanparser for alliance attacks would be awesome.

You can even call it Kargools appriciation tools

Light 14 Oct 2010 13:51

A public scan database everyone can use!

M0RPH3US 14 Oct 2010 16:02

a facebook like site
just for PA players

where people post about their rounds "today i got attacked by x:y:z and he completely crashed, lulz"
it could also behold a database where alliance and planetrank would be safed (donīt think we get our passport system, so why not make one ourselves)

Also Alliances could use it to 1) inform about a new recruit (if he signed up and played before that is) and maybe 2) advertise theirselves with more then just plain text on this forums and even 3) directly contact players to recruit em "hey we like your attitude, ever thought about joining xyz?"

would give an insight about what the single PA player does, what he expects from PA and the community and where his ties are (befriended with xx other pa players)

imo that would be a much more useful thing then sandmans (which will be hosted by someone anyhow, i am sure)

Mzyxptlk 14 Oct 2010 16:58

lol

aNgRyDuCk 14 Oct 2010 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0RPH3US (Post 3200817)
a facebook like site
just for PA players

where people post about their rounds "today i got attacked by x:y:z and he completely crashed, lulz"
it could also behold a database where alliance and planetrank would be safed (donīt think we get our passport system, so why not make one ourselves)

Also Alliances could use it to 1) inform about a new recruit (if he signed up and played before that is) and maybe 2) advertise theirselves with more then just plain text on this forums and even 3) directly contact players to recruit em "hey we like your attitude, ever thought about joining xyz?"

would give an insight about what the single PA player does, what he expects from PA and the community and where his ties are (befriended with xx other pa players)

imo that would be a much more useful thing then sandmans (which will be hosted by someone anyhow, i am sure)

Interesting concept...

Cooling 14 Oct 2010 21:41

Its a terrible idea that nobody would ever use. Facebook is pretty shit already; god help us if somebody created a far more shit clone of it (and who could be bothered doing that?) for the ten odd people still playing this game.

The only useful suggestion that anybody is ever going to come up with is hosting Sandmans. You can't really play the game properly without it, it's already coded, and it needs hosting space. Its a no brainer really.

MrLobster 14 Oct 2010 21:48

Seems its pretty hard to get any code from sandman, he isnt answering any messages or even returning my love letters...

Elevator 15 Oct 2010 14:28

bring back sandmans.
if you want a facebook shit thing to go with it I'm sure there is a way to create a laughing wall where you can redicule ppl who crash. (or just point them to an ascendancy channel and we'll do it for free.

neroon 15 Oct 2010 14:44

asc dosent have pub chan to laugh with u guys tho :/:/:/

BloodyButcher 15 Oct 2010 22:15

Who did you bribe to win this prize aNgRyDuckster? :)
Congrats

WallBiter 16 Oct 2010 03:08

Sandmans, hands down (emo over it's loss)...

On the other hand, *Mister* Netgamers is totally sexist.

Ladies need a chance to win free stuff too! :devil:

Reese 16 Oct 2010 05:11

sandmans

Elevator 16 Oct 2010 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by neroon (Post 3200858)
asc dosent have pub chan to laugh with u guys tho :/:/:/

we can always make one.

rUl3r 16 Oct 2010 17:11

Iīm pro sandmans, too. It was the very first idea that came to my mind, and I still canīt find anything else really.

Might be a problem though if Sandman is so hard to catch atm.

aNgRyDuCk 16 Oct 2010 22:27

LOL BB, it was purely my wife pushing the issue... anyhow, someone needs to get with Sandman and get the code, then I'm happy to work out getting it done as needed

Darothane 16 Oct 2010 23:25

I'm sure I saw a post from Sandman saying that he would release the code at some point soon.

ellonweb 17 Oct 2010 00:56

1) Sandmans
2) Integrated web/irc scan service, for requesting scans and viewing parsed scans (like #scans but better). This should be linked in to Sandmans and vice-versa.
3) A system whereby an alliance can create an account (subdomain?) and near instantly deploy a toolset (web+irc). Obviously I'm biased and suggesting Merlin here, but any other available toolsets could also be made available as other options.

Really though, all this should be provided by PA/Jagex.

Patrikc 17 Oct 2010 10:55

Sandmans please. PA has become (even more) boring without it! :(

Zh|l 17 Oct 2010 16:00

God, I remember the day you all thought Sandmans was a Fury/1up tool to gather information.

ManiacMagic 17 Oct 2010 17:26

let me know if you want my space too since I also won w00t w00t

BloodyButcher 17 Oct 2010 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zh|l (Post 3200921)
God, I remember the day you all thought Sandmans was a Fury/1up tool to gather information.

Now you'r telling me it wasn't?
What's next? Synthetics_sid is not the Mushroom in 1:1?

Wishmaster 18 Oct 2010 01:21

how am I sposed to play planetarion without sandmans?
I cant check for idle ticks, cant find good targets :( pilkara is useless. Bots are impossible to use to find good targets.

*emo*

Light 18 Oct 2010 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3200939)
how am I sposed to play planetarion without sandmans?
I cant check for idle ticks, cant find good targets :( pilkara is useless. Bots are impossible to use to find good targets.

*emo*

In other words, you cant easily find noobs to farm :p

Wishmaster 18 Oct 2010 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3200940)
In other words, you cant easily find noobs to farm :p

yupp. thats the only way I know how to play! :(

aNgRyDuCk 18 Oct 2010 05:31

allright Remy did light up the old Pilkara page, you guys may want to use it for the time being, seems to be working/updating fine..... can find it @ http://www.lch-hq.org/pilkara/

we'll work on getting the Sandman's code, if anyone can get ahiold of him and ask him for the code please get ahiold of me in #Conspiracy and let me now

nolezy 18 Oct 2010 19:15

Sandmans!

mazzelaar 28 Oct 2010 07:57

Bring back 1up.

Foxman 28 Oct 2010 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzelaar (Post 3201155)
Bring back 1up.

aNgRyDuCk 28 Oct 2010 17:16

Quote:

Bring back 1up.

if only.... those were the days huh

Bashar 11 Nov 2010 22:18

Quote:

Bring back 1up.

No, I refuse to code another set of alliance tools! I like my life of not coding and not having to tell people to piss off over the phone when they call me to recall a fleet whilst I'm in bed severely hungover!

Appocomaster 13 Nov 2010 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashar (Post 3201620)
No, I refuse to code another set of alliance tools! I like my life of not coding and not having to tell people to piss off over the phone when they call me to recall a fleet whilst I'm in bed severely hungover!

you really do miss it. come back! you have some free time atm :p

Bashar 17 Nov 2010 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster (Post 3201664)
you really do miss it. come back! you have some free time atm :p

I have free time for another 2 days, then I don't again.