Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Roleplaying (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rp Bbq 2004 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=177428)

Heiro 16 May 2004 00:24

Rp Bbq 2004

Right. Take two.

It is, unfortunately, that time again. Yes, I hear you all cry. Get away from me, and never ask me again! Now, on an unrelated note: The BBQ. It seems to be fine with my father, so... yes.

This year, I'm hoping to be better organised, and get some people to bring drinks of some description. Last year, we got through some 20 bottles, or was it more, of mainly cheap drinks. This , whilst being Cheap, was not nessasarily great. So If people would feel... somewhat obliged, to bring a bottle or two of some form of Irn Bru based beverage, I'd be happy :p

So,who's interested?

The dates, in all likelyhood... [and for my / walrus' sake, as he'd have my head if he couldn't come again...] are any day after the 14th of August, open to suggestions and all :)

Now. That is all. Post away.

Heiro

[ps: Any Gd'er who happens to be sad enough to read this thread, feel free to mock, abuse or otherwise lightheartedly jest about organising time, lack of organisation, wasteful posting, or other things, such as post bbq photo's, or video. You know, as you were put on this earth to do, annoy us. Still, we aim to please, Have fun.]
[[pps: Can a mod sticky this, please?]]

Walrus 16 May 2004 00:28

Re: Rp Bbq 2004

It would go in my collection of heads. They're great.

Muha 16 May 2004 01:39

gawd, why doesnt everyone live in NZ:(

AcidK 16 May 2004 01:49

Will go if it is a day I can go by (weekends)
Late august is a good time for me

since I will most probably still be working in a shop come the BBQ, I will bring my fair share of baverages (iron bru WKD for heiro, beer for me, clocacola for everyone else) and possibly lotso cigs (yes, I smoke a lot when I'm having a good time, almost choked to death around Alton Towers :p)

KraKto$is8 16 May 2004 02:20

August 14th is one day before my 18th.... It might not be a feasible time, I have work and I might have to do some birthday thing (it's my brother's 21st a few days before).

So I'm not sure. Perhaps some time after the 15th?

Mad cat 16 May 2004 06:00

hey, anytime after my bday, wow...

Walrus 16 May 2004 11:04

He said "Any time after the 14th". Which wouldn't actually include the 14th...

Darkling 16 May 2004 12:34

There is a possbility of me coming as long as it is on Saturday or Sunday, sicne i work Monday to Friday. Also as long as it does not end up as late as mid/late septemeber as some of you may know already some amy not, I am going on my holidays then to New York State. Exempting those circumstances there is a slim chance of me being able to come along.

Leshy 16 May 2004 13:19

Enjoy, guys!

No, honestly.

Really.

I'm not up to anything.

JammyJim 16 May 2004 13:23

irn bru?

as in the soft drink?

Snurx 16 May 2004 13:31

Have fun! Post pictures! Yeah!
Can I come too??!??! I really like the taste of salty goblin!

Cmdr_Cyrax 16 May 2004 13:48

Oi Walrus, about your sig...

Deathjam|wee 16 May 2004 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heiro
Last year, we got through some 20 bottles

lolly roffle

Walrus 16 May 2004 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Oi Walrus, about your sig...

Yes?

Heiro 16 May 2004 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snurx
Have fun! Post pictures! Yeah!
Can I come too??!??! I really like the taste of salty goblin!

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JammyJim
irn bru?
as in the soft drink?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leshy
Enjoy, guys!
No, honestly.
Really.
I'm not up to anything.

Don't make me come and look in GD. *shudder*

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidK
Will go if it is a day I can go by (weekends)
Late august is a good time for me

(iron bru WKD for heiro, beer for me, clocacola for everyone else)

No. Just no. I do have some taste. And I do drink beer also... you've just gotten confused over the times it's been mentioned.

Takers so far
Walrus
Me
Krak
Acid
Mad Cat?
Dark?
Cyrax?

Snurx 16 May 2004 14:37

Quote:

No.

Why not? I can RP along with the best of them! You're just saying that beacause I'm a GD'er! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION! :mad::(

Walrus 16 May 2004 14:40

Proof...?

Snurx 16 May 2004 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrus
Proof...?

Ask Cyrax, he knows!

Hewitt 16 May 2004 14:54

Quote:

Last year, we got through some 20 bottles, or was it more, of mainly cheap drinks.

ONLY 20 BEERS!? :eek:

I am exceedingly disappointed. :p

Heiro 16 May 2004 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snurx
Why not? I can RP along with the best of them! You're just saying that beacause I'm a GD'er! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION! :mad::(

I'm pretty sure Giving you photo's by far makes up for not being there.

Tomkat 16 May 2004 15:00

Quote:

Last year, we got through some 20 bottles, or was it more, of mainly cheap drinks.

Of Irn Bru?

You must have been all hyper-from-sugar as a bunch of giddy schoolgirls!

Evergreen 16 May 2004 16:14

First Lightning Bolt! post in a roleplaying thread.

MrL_JaKiri 16 May 2004 16:42

Sup

Cmdr_Cyrax 16 May 2004 18:57

Yeah I'm prolly in if it doesnt clash with hols.

cressa 16 May 2004 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
Of Irn Bru?

You must have been all hyper-from-sugar as a bunch of giddy schoolgirls!

:rolleyes: :banana:

Muha 16 May 2004 21:03

*sigh*

AcidK 16 May 2004 22:31

Roleplayers generally don't roleplay when they meet up with each other...

However the only types of conversation I get talking quickly about is computers, games, alcohol, funny stories and possibly subjects that are as random as going to a pub not to meet anyone but to drink water.

Androme 17 May 2004 01:08

Do you mind if I bring my good old friends, Barbie and Q (Q's from James Bond if you do not know him).

AcidK 17 May 2004 01:25

lol, anyone that doesn't know Q from james bond is way behind in movie history :p

KraKto$is8 17 May 2004 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitt
ONLY 20 BEERS!? :eek:

I am exceedingly disappointed. :p

You may also be upset to hear that very few shrimps were thrown on the "barbie". Mate.

AcidK 17 May 2004 01:39

lol, yeah, they always keep dropping through the darned grate :p

Mad cat 17 May 2004 03:58

i actually wont be goin, unless its in calgary, btw how you get them custom avatars? never been able to figure it out :mad: :(

anarcharnate 17 May 2004 07:42

How did the GD'ers find the post... I'm scared of them...
Dw btw, i'll bring plenty of Irn Bru, and even some vodka for poor ol' Heiro :D

Lupin 17 May 2004 08:49

Quote:

[ps: Any Gd'er who happens to be sad enough to read this thread, feel free to mock, abuse or otherwise lightheartedly jest about organising time, lack of organisation, wasteful posting, or other things, such as post bbq photo's, or video. You know, as you were put on this earth to do, annoy us. Still, we aim to please, Have fun.]
[[pps: Can a mod sticky this, please?]]

someone can explain this mutual hate?!

Androme 17 May 2004 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarcharnate
How did the GD'ers find the post... I'm scared of them...

you're scared because we're normal and you're not.

SilverSmoke 17 May 2004 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Androme2
you're scared because we're normal and you're not.

:rolleyes:

To me you come over like a pathetic little moron who never wrote a single decent post in the history of these forums pointing like a spast towards some people with a mutual interest going to have some fun at a BBQ

Zappa Tenderlea 17 May 2004 12:42

we are all normal in our own way....

*frown*

neways, if I don't find anything interesting to do by then, I might just come over.

Heiro 17 May 2004 15:34

Good to hear, I'll sort that list later.
Thanks Silversmoke, my sentiments exactly.

Hewitt 17 May 2004 16:56

To quote from ye holy Fosters Aussie Beer Poem....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fosters Breweries
I believe it's a PRAWN, not a shrimp.

:p

Tseia 17 May 2004 21:04

Set a date that most people can make and I will do my best to come along. I believe I'm back from Switzerland by the 15th :)

As to the 20 bottles of Irn Bru, I'm pretty sure our resident Scotsman stole most of them...

or brought most of them. The memory escapes me.

Richpur 17 May 2004 23:28

I've got a birthday on the 22nd and a week hol some time on one side of that or the other, hopefully by then I'll also have a car handy, so... I'd better find out when the hol is :p

Androme 18 May 2004 01:11

Silversmoke: Thank-you for refreshing me with your insignificant opinion and stance on my posting career at these forums. I'd like to make a speech as is the norm...I'd like to thank you for you're a prime example of virtual shit and that has helped influence me on these forums.blablabla.

Lighten up already. I poked fun twice and have since stopped. Apologies to everyone who is significant in this thread.

AcidK 18 May 2004 02:03

lol, not insulting you or none, Amdrome2, but you need to insult better

Let's try AcidK's insult techniques #1: Constructive Insult

Yes, swearwords are the 'cool' for the younger generation of teenage, but when you reach 18 the tendancy to use this as an insult becomes as lame as trying to take a duck out for a walk (leash, muzzle and all). When insulting, make it creative ans subtle so that only the most gifted of minds can determine what the senteance of insult you have created has actually meant.

For example, instead of saying 'You Tw*t!', you could instead say:

'You of whom has been born, lived and still sits within the vanerial area of the female inhabitants of the human speicies, such as which has never seen realy like of day, but instead witnessed many 'ins' and 'outs'.'

End class for the week :p

Walrus 18 May 2004 11:49

Quote:

'You of whom has been born, lived and still sits within the vanerial area of the female inhabitants of the human speicies, such as which has never seen realy like of day, but instead witnessed many 'ins' and 'outs'.'

All right, for a start, that doesn't actually stand as a coherent sentence. And as far as I can tell, vanerial isn't actually a word. Inhabitants of a species? I think you mean members. Hur hur.

As an insult it's ineffective, overwordy, nonesensical and lacks flow.

"Constructive insult" is an oxymoron btw and bears no relevance to anything else in your post.

:p

AcidK 18 May 2004 12:50

venerial is a word, it's the same as vaginal (It means the general area of the genetalia)

ve·ne·re·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-nîr-l)
adj.

Transmitted by sexual intercourse.
Of or relating to a sexually transmitted disease.
Of or relating to sexual intercourse.
Of or relating to the genitals.

Zappa Tenderlea 18 May 2004 12:57

I'll just stick to "your ignorance becomes you", tyvm

Tomkat 18 May 2004 13:41

Quote:

For example, instead of saying 'You Tw*t!', you could instead say:

Yeah but then everyone laughs at you because it isn't a particularly fantastic insult at all. In regular society (as opposed to on the net, where intelligent insults work better), a quick sharp insult usually does work best. Simply "you're a penis" or whatever is common, but used more as a jokey insult between friends. If you really want to cut someone down by insulting them, you have to concentrate on some personal feature of them. Plus there's the timing and the tone of your voice.

Plus your insults (I've noticed) invariably rely on the "Well you're so <adjective> that a <very unusual situation> is more likely" or "You're not even <adjective> enough to <do something vaguely linked to the adjective>". Which just sound silly, and take too long to say. People don't want to have to listen to you reel off a 30 second long insult, they get bored of you and walk away.

So goes Tom's Social Lesson #1!

Incidentally, I hope you all have fun at the BBQ, I'm only playing around ;)

Heiro 18 May 2004 15:31

Well, all these people who have commitments around the date, bloody suggest one.

And nice one. Anyone who isn't walrus, who can show up Acid, is most welcome to continue posting here. Mainly because his head is too big most of the time, so him being right is almost, almost too much for us to handle.

Walrus 18 May 2004 17:54

I'm aware what both vaginal and venereal mean. Vanerial still isn't a word.

It depends very much on the social situation you're in. Short and sharp can be fine, but can also leave you looking like a child. Equally a Blackadder-esque witty diatribe can work much better - or leave you looking like a pretentious git who has spent too much time with a dictionary.

Heiro, I'm working on being able to eat you in one mouthful. Pretty darned close..

More seriously, it's your bbq at your house. That would imply it's up to you to provide a provisional date, wait a week or so then say "Right, you've had your chance to complain." and make it finally final.

Darkling 18 May 2004 18:10

In my case the closer to the 16th the better, and msot likely be better to fall upon a saturday more so than a sunday, This being as I somtimes work some Sundays.