Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   building time (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200468)

Reincarnate 31 May 2014 09:46

building time

Hello,

over the years, building time (construction units required) has steadily trickled in an upwards direction. I believe it has now got to a point where the speed of construction is absurdly high.

I understand why this has happened, to try and make different play styles feasible. I.e. dist whoring.

I do not propose to stop con points as a method of helping different play styles, if anything, this might help.

My solution is simple, knock 10% of the required construction units of all types of buildings. This way, you decrease the time but do not effect the relative time between different cons.

Plaguuu 31 May 2014 10:18

Re: building time

I havent seen a increase in cu cost the 15 rounds Ive played when has this steadily increase happened ? :P

Reincarnate 31 May 2014 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaguuu (Post 3231952)
I havent seen a increase in cu cost the 15 rounds Ive played when has this steadily increase happened ? :P

that's how steady it has been! almost unnoticeable.

Vistion 1 Jun 2014 13:56

agreed, cath demo or cath in general is about the only way to hit 250 at this point if you are building any fc,amps, or dists...Also something to consider, as we can save research for later. if we are 3 ticks into a FC and have some early pls and want to try and pop out 1 or 2 more factories before incs to speed a production or something along these lines. It would be nice to be able to save that 450-660 con points from the earlier FC being how hard it is to get con capped as it is.

Vistion 1 Jun 2014 13:59

tot > corp or demo > corp or demo > tot > corp is a lot more realistic of the method used with the new ability to change govts, before the trolls who only want to remind me hitting 250 with all rd of tot is possible too, we know.

Patrikc 2 Jun 2014 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vistion (Post 3231981)
if we are 3 ticks into a FC and have some early pls and want to try and pop out 1 or 2 more factories before incs to speed a production or something along these lines. It would be nice to be able to save that 450-660 con points from the earlier FC being how hard it is to get con capped as it is.

I'm sure that if Bank of America is building a new skyscraper office and they suddenly decide they no longer need it, the city can just change the infrastructure into a Spaceship factory with ease!
Reality isn't something that should dictate games, but that doesn't mean we should throw it out of the window. :p

Honestly I don't think there is a problem with how Constructions themselves currently are. The issue lies with Corporatism being obviously stronger than other options, and starting Totalitarianism instead of Democracy should be made more attractive.

Reincarnate 2 Jun 2014 18:33

i find that soc is best for ampwhore. only 5% less con bonus but no research debuff and a 10% mining boost.

Bram 2 Jun 2014 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3232002)
I'm sure that if Bank of America is building a new skyscraper office and they suddenly decide they no longer need it, the city can just change the infrastructure into a Spaceship factory with ease!
Reality isn't something that should dictate games, but that doesn't mean we should throw it out of the window. :p

For what it's worth: in his post I didn't read anything about changing it..
What I understood was the ability to put the construction on hold, start another construction and continue with the original construction later.
Similar to how it's done with research..

Patrikc 3 Jun 2014 06:55

I think you are correct, apologies Vistion!

Mzyxptlk 7 Jun 2014 10:24

The reason the construction limit was raised from 150 to 250 was that various government/race combinations could hit the limit fairly early on, nullifying the construction bonus for the remainder of the round. The 250 limit was never meant as a target that every planet should hit.