Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Recruitment (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   TGV recruiting for round 42 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199405)

Kargool 25 May 2011 23:00

TGV recruiting for round 42

The Galactic Vikings are again recruiting for a new round.

After having a good round r41, we've decided to open our meadhalls and our longboats for more Vikings to enter.

We finished 2nd in r41, with 13 members in the top 100 and we enjoyed a fun filled round with lots of people willing to both team up in attacks and to defend.

What is required to join The Galactic Vikings?

As any other alliance, activity is a must!

We do not require vouches (mostly because vouches are shit), but pm me on IRC, and if I think you're good enough you might get in.

We do not want selfish bastards that want to hog all the def and do no effort. (We got enough people doing all that allready)

We do require you to give us your phonenumber, so that you can be sms'ed / called for def. Participation in defense and attacks as much as possible is also a must, we do not set deflimits, but we are smart enough to see when people are just taking advantage of us.

We do want people who are active on IRC. As it is easier for people to communicate via that.

A few comments about TGV last round:

<Clogg> the return of a feeling I had missed for 3years
<Elijah> the real strength on TGV is the balance of hardcore players and more relaxed players without it making us weak.

We have a great community spirit and want everyone to feel like a big happy family:

<Kargool> so now ArmAgeddon you can sit on ol uncle Kargools lap and hear him talk about the old days
<Bowlsey> last time I was sedated the doctor stuck a camera up my arse
<not|here> Kargool you do realise that it isn't necessary to phone me to talk to me - you could stand up and walk the 10 meters or so to the other room where I am :p
<RexDrax|Away> o hpysmoy got og i mrrf lsthpp;

And our enemies had this to say about us this round:
Quote:

Originally Posted by YINKAN (Post 3206975)
As a member of ROCK before most of my alliance went inactive, you guys really put the hurt on this round. I remember logging in @ 2 in the morning (American) and seeing yall send 200k bs wave incs while getting 0 from ally d was just straight up demoralizing. Well played sirs.

So if you want to join the crazy Viking gang on new adventures for round 42, come to #tgv and talk to Kargool!

HeimdallR 26 May 2011 03:02

Re: TGV recruiting for round 42

Goog luck Kargie, i feel like i have a love - hate relationship with you,
don't know why.
do like Nitz though, barely know the ****er but he is cool.

anyways, don't mind having r20 - 30 alliances coming back, kinda missing those :D

Demort 26 May 2011 05:01

Good luck tgv was impressed with you last round

Kargool 26 May 2011 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeimdallR (Post 3207200)
Goog luck Kargie, i feel like i have a love - hate relationship with you,
don't know why.
do like Nitz though, barely know the ****er but he is cool.

anyways, don't mind having r20 - 30 alliances coming back, kinda missing those :D

Would it make you like Nitz better when I tell you he was the one who set up raids on oddr gals two days in a row when you came to me bitching about it? :p

MaxMilliaN 26 May 2011 21:00

GL TGV, i hope there will be other HC's besides Kargool who can be taken serious. From what i seen last round he uses personal ego vendetta to decide TGV alliance policy. This is ofcos never good. Even tho TGV ended #2 last round, i do remember him getting TGV to attack APP and the next day he pm's app for a peace. Good way to throw partner allies under the bus. Also the ultimatum he gaves to CT f.ex.... A new face for TGV would prolly be the best to do, coz he seemed irrational

Kargool 26 May 2011 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN (Post 3207250)
GL TGV, i hope there will be other HC's besides Kargool who can be taken serious. From what i seen last round he uses personal ego vendetta to decide TGV alliance policy. This is ofcos never good. Even tho TGV ended #2 last round, i do remember him getting TGV to attack APP and the next day he pm's app for a peace. Good way to throw partner allies under the bus. Also the ultimatum he gaves to CT f.ex.... A new face for TGV would prolly be the best to do, coz he seemed irrational

Hi MaxMilliaN, I am glad to see your speculation towards what we did as an ally makes you question my qualities as a leader.

The two incidents you are pointing to is the first incident where we attacked a galaxy with two apprime in it, and then you are pointing towards an ultimatum I gave to CT, which made them get ND to attack Apprime, so in most ways I am quite happy I did that. Politically it was a good move to make and it was to a great advantage for my ally.

God knows you are still clueless about what goes on in TGV, and I am thankful for you giving me this moment to explain that.

Influence 30 May 2011 23:34

We still have a few places left btw!

zFerg 31 May 2011 00:29

Tagged out or internal numbers hit?!?!?!

Kargool 31 May 2011 23:59

Recruitment just closed for TGV, but if you are an ex TGV member, jump on IRC and have a chat with me.

Blink 9 Jun 2011 14:26

Good luck in this round guys.

Bowlsey 10 Jun 2011 01:41

Thanks for posting that quote on public forum karg! :p