Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Congratulations NFI (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198856)

HaNzI 22 Aug 2010 11:29

Congratulations NFI

NFI,ASC,ND knocking down the current #2 alliance, giving NFI more help then any competent alliance has ever had. Another second tier alliance winning the round i guess! have fun!

HaNzI 22 Aug 2010 11:46

Re: Congratulations NFI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buly (Post 3197821)
rofl.

Apprime a 1st tier alliance then? :D

From my random visits online this round, not really. Looking at the last 6 rounds, yes. Currently i dont think any alliance is a 1st tier, but i certainly think Ascendancy and apprime have what it takes to step up and become a 1st tier midround. Needing other alliances to improve your own position enough to safe a win is not how a 1st tier alliance plays so until NFI learns to win a round alone, they are a second tier.

Mzyxptlk 22 Aug 2010 12:15

Oh, look. It's the same old shit again. People proclaiming the round winner before tick 400. I am shocked.

lokken 22 Aug 2010 13:05

Two or three days of solid attacks on NFI change the picture completely at this stage, so this thread seems to be taking shape of a call to arms. Certainly don't think you can let NFI get away with it, but do we have to have hysterical posts like this?

HaNzI 22 Aug 2010 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken (Post 3197825)
Two or three days of solid attacks on NFI change the picture completely at this stage, so this thread seems to be taking shape of a call to arms. Certainly don't think you can let NFI get away with it, but do we have to have hysterical posts like this?

What i am saying is that they should try increasing their lead without help at this stage. Either treat them like Ascendancy and Apprime have been treated in similar positions for 10 rounds, or let them fight alone for some time. They already had too much help into roiding their competition so they can hardly claim to be anywhere close to the levels of any pax superpower at its peak, which should in my opinion be a goal for such an ambitious alliance, as currently Apprime and Ascendancy are far away from their peak.

Mzyxptlk 22 Aug 2010 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3197827)
What i am saying is that they should try increasing their lead without help at this stage. Either treat them like Ascendancy and Apprime have been treated in similar positions for 10 rounds, or let them fight alone for some time.

No, they shouldn't, that's ****ing retarded. Just because not all alliances are good politically doesn't mean everyone needs to dumb down to the level of the lowest common denominator. It's this total neglect of a major aspect of PA that always leads to you making these threads, and they're always misguided, shortsighted and just plain wrong.

I think that if alliances really want to prove they're worthy of winning the round, they should play without pods. Also, I think Usain Bolt should amputate an arm to even the playing field and Chelsea should not be allowed to pass the ball more than 3 times in a row for the first half of every game. Yeah.

ReligFree 22 Aug 2010 17:44

It is however a bit retarded that the number one, three(now two,) & four alliances are attacking the number two(three) alliance.

And as for your football analogy, it really doesn't work as a football team only has 11 players, that's like saying only 70 planets could attack Apprime at one time, when infact its more like 210.

JonnyBGood 22 Aug 2010 18:03

Yeah our raid last night on a galaxy with zero apprime planets must have really put the pressure on you guys...

Munkee 22 Aug 2010 18:42

The though of asc possibly being in on it is grinding apprime down im sure!

Paisley 22 Aug 2010 20:28

It doesn't help your Cause when you kick one of the old Orbit lads who was in short one of the few members in apprime DCing the other night.
Thats gratitude for you.

Then again I have little sympathy for anyone joining Apprime
Notch this one down to experience Masta_mark.

Firebird 22 Aug 2010 20:58

Paisly can't remember you being in the channel to see the whole story. Correct me if you were there.

Zotnam 22 Aug 2010 21:03

Don't worry, cardi is back in charge, will solve everything !!!

jelle 22 Aug 2010 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3197833)
It doesn't help your Cause when you kick one of the old Orbit lads who was in short one of the few members in apprime DCing the other night.
Thats gratitude for you.

Then again I have little sympathy for anyone joining Apprime
Notch this one down to experience Masta_mark.

Theres no Masta_Mark in TEAM!

Firebird 22 Aug 2010 22:10

He is Zotnam he could have told me?

Rinoa 22 Aug 2010 23:51

Congrats NFI from the Emo headhunting division of Osiris

Mek 23 Aug 2010 00:20

Why so much whine. Look at last round and nd losing a 10 million score lead in 3 days and eventually losing the round. The glass is half full ;)

Zotnam 23 Aug 2010 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3197837)
He is Zotnam he could have told me?

Go save pakistan dude

lokken 23 Aug 2010 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3197827)
What i am saying is that they should try increasing their lead without help at this stage. Either treat them like Ascendancy and Apprime have been treated in similar positions for 10 rounds, or let them fight alone for some time. They already had too much help into roiding their competition so they can hardly claim to be anywhere close to the levels of any pax superpower at its peak, which should in my opinion be a goal for such an ambitious alliance, as currently Apprime and Ascendancy are far away from their peak.

I think my post simply said they were deserving of a bit of incoming so they don't pull away but an "OMG they've won!" post was totally unnecessary and in fact is going to prove totally counterproductive.

Paisley 23 Aug 2010 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3197834)
Paisly can't remember you being in the channel to see the whole story. Correct me if you were there.

The wonders of App.Tv

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelle (Post 3197836)
Theres no Masta_Mark in TEAM!

Im sure the remaining DC team will feel the extra workload.

CBA 23 Aug 2010 10:00

The problem is once again Apprime's poor politics. Make cardi stay away from pols/hc and Apprime could do just fine.

Kjeldoran 23 Aug 2010 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3197823)
Oh, look. It's the same old shit again. People proclaiming the round winner before tick 400. I am shocked.

It's propaganda at it's finest, Mz. Just cry about it long enough to draw the attention on something and hope others will take the bait :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3197828)
Chelsea should not be allowed to pass the ball more than 3 times in a row for the first half of every game. Yeah.

To this I could actually agree though :D

HaNzI 23 Aug 2010 10:49

My points are based on what usually happens to a dominant alliance at this stage. A block would be formed, with an egenda to severely rape and hopefully take the dominance down enough to prevent a comeback. However, in this round the alliances who could be in such a block, rather help keeping up the dominance instead of "leveling the field" as it has been called since round 30.

So yes, like kjeldoran says I am writing this thread as propaganda, because I think it needs to be highlighted. It seems like the universe is content as long as Apprime or Ascendancy does not win again and I dont think this attitude will change until a new alliance steps up to fill their absence.

Paisley 23 Aug 2010 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3197850)
My points are based on what usually happens to a dominant alliance at this stage. A block would be formed, with an egenda to severely rape and hopefully take the dominance down enough to prevent a comeback. However, in this round the alliances who could be in such a block, rather help keeping up the dominance instead of "leveling the field" as it has been called since round 30.

OR maybe some folk just dont like apprime to consider the idea of a NAP

aNgRyDuCk 23 Aug 2010 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3197831)
Yeah our raid last night on a galaxy with zero apprime planets must have really put the pressure on you guys...

LOL @ that

they know your there, hovering.... just waitin for the right moment... then WHAMMO

ellonweb 23 Aug 2010 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3197846)
It's propaganda at it's finest

No it's not; this is some of the worst propaganda ever. Everyone is so happy to criticise carDi's lack of politically savvy, but round after round Hanzi comes up with awful posts like these and probably does just as much damage to Apprime's performances.

Mek 23 Aug 2010 12:54

Well ND pissed away a 10 million score lead in 3 days last round, so anything is doable :)

Kjeldoran 23 Aug 2010 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3197854)
No it's not; this is some of the worst propaganda ever. Everyone is so happy to criticise carDi's lack of politically savvy, but round after round Hanzi comes up with awful posts like these and probably does just as much damage to Apprime's performances.

Regardless how poorly this might reflect on the original poster or his alliance, the goal of propaganda is to deliberatly focus the attention on something. And that is exactly what he has succeeded at. The focus is now on what they wanted.

What the consequences will be, future can only tell. But so far, this propaganda reached its goal. Because people are now discussing NFI and how 'easy' it is to close the gap if needed.

Mzyxptlk 23 Aug 2010 14:05

I don't think Hanzi's goal was to make everyone underestimate NFI. So, no.

Hunterrrr 23 Aug 2010 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mek (Post 3197855)
Well ND pissed away a 10 million score lead in 3 days last round, so anything is doable :)

Yah but thats ND! :D

Kjeldoran 23 Aug 2010 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3197859)
I don't think Hanzi's goal was to make everyone underestimate NFI. So, no.

Nor did I say that the goal of this propaganda is what you just described.

Mzyxptlk 23 Aug 2010 14:49

Yes, you did:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3197858)
But so far, this propaganda reached its goal. Because people are now discussing NFI and how 'easy' it is to close the gap if needed.

ellonweb 23 Aug 2010 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3197858)
Regardless how poorly this might reflect on the original poster or his alliance, the goal of propaganda is to deliberatly focus the attention on something. And that is exactly what he has succeeded at. The focus is now on what they wanted.

What the consequences will be, future can only tell. But so far, this propaganda reached its goal. Because people are now discussing NFI and how 'easy' it is to close the gap if needed.

This attempt at propaganda has achieved no more than what people would observe simply by looking at Sandmans. Just because a bunch of peons now start talking about it in public, doesn't mean he has actually had any effect.

Clouds 23 Aug 2010 15:25

NFI reminds me of when eXilition played, when I last played three years ago.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and my opinion is that when an alliances like NFI are too far in the lead of the #2 alliance, other alliances' are too afraid to make war upon the #1 alliance.

Why fight them when you can join them?

I predict that a block will NOT be formed against NFI.

That's why I enjoyed the earlier rounds of Planetarion when there were Legion and Fury blocks.

Veedeejem! 23 Aug 2010 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3197865)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and my opinion is that when an alliances like NFI are too far in the lead of the #2 alliance, other alliances' are too afraid to make war upon the #1 alliance.

That's why I enjoyed the earlier rounds of Planetarion when there were Legion and Fury blocks.

Comparing NFI to eXi???
Can I have some of what you've been smoking please?

I predict a "block" will be formed against NFI as soon as Apprime (the most unliked & one of the most dangerous alliances) has been taken out of the race for #1.

Clouds 23 Aug 2010 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedeejem! (Post 3197866)
Comparing NFI to eXi???
Can I have some of what you've been smoking please?

I predict a "block" will be formed against NFI as soon as Apprime (the most unliked & one of the most dangerous alliances) has been taken out of the race for #1.

As in a top alliance and eliminating a threat by napping.

gzambo 23 Aug 2010 16:00

I predict the rank whores will get tired of hitting app before they are truely dead and that will come back to haunt them before the round is over , also is it nd or nfi who is giving up on the round win by napping , i'm not sure myself what does everyone else think

Paisley 23 Aug 2010 16:07

Quote:

You're assuming / presuming / hoping that there allies that are willing to get Apprime into #1 ally other than osiris ?

ellonweb 23 Aug 2010 18:00

Quote:

Apprime won't truely be out of the race for another 3 weeks at least. The hate doesn't run anywhere near that thick though; as Gzambo said, the block will get bored of hitting Apprime. Quite simply, it'll at most be only another few nights before it doesn't make sense for anyone to be hitting Apprime still (except NFI). That much is obvious to everyone involved; ND, LordN and carDi.

No propaganda required.

neroon 23 Aug 2010 19:46

or nfi just hits osiris and doubles the incs on themselves :) ace!

_Kila_ 23 Aug 2010 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3197865)

I highly doubt anyone is "scared" of hitting NFI, they just want to hit Apprime because they dislike them. I guess that's what happens when the face of your alliance is Cardi. I don't think there's any way that NFI are going to be allowed to win this round unchallenged/without fighting a war though

[DDK]gm 23 Aug 2010 23:50

i dont know why anyone will be surprised, last time pa used these stats asc won with double the score of #2, granted asc outclassed everyone that round.

ellonweb 24 Aug 2010 00:33

I am truly intrigued as to how your mind works, gm. I fear however if you started trying to explain it would cause some kind of rift of retardation in space-time and unlike the experiments in the LHC, may actually cause the end of the universe.

CBA 24 Aug 2010 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3197879)
I am truly intrigued as to how your mind works, gm. I fear however if you started trying to explain it would cause some kind of rift of retardation in space-time and unlike the experiments in the LHC, may actually cause the end of the universe.

:salute:

Veil05 24 Aug 2010 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk (Post 3197852)
LOL @ that

they know your there, hovering.... just waitin for the right moment... then WHAMMO

"Whammo" i like that word. Nice work AD.

Alki 24 Aug 2010 21:57

its like a lame variation of WHAMMY, from anchorman

Veil05 24 Aug 2010 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki (Post 3197884)
its like a lame variation of WHAMMY, from anchorman

Why do you have to be such an arsehole all the time, jeez.

Alki 24 Aug 2010 22:32

habit :(

Kjeldoran 25 Aug 2010 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3197863)
Yes, you did:

You fail to read then, Mister. I said it reached it's goal because:

a: People are now discussing NFI --> is that incorrect?
b: The gap needs to be closed and shouldn't be hard --> People make the comparison with ND last round who lost 10m score in 3 days, hence "doable".

Both of these do not indicate Hanzi posted to underestimate NFI. The goal is/was to put them in the spotlight and to indicate that this situation can and should be changed if needed.

Kjeldoran 25 Aug 2010 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3197864)
This attempt at propaganda has achieved no more than what people would observe simply by looking at Sandmans. Just because a bunch of peons now start talking about it in public, doesn't mean he has actually had any effect.

Anyone with a little bit of knowledge in the commercial sector knows that having your product/service discussed is a good thing. I mean, everyone KNOWS what the product is (in general), yet publicity is being made constantly so people do get reminded of it.

Similar here ... everyone can see the situation on Sandmans, correct. But seeing it and reading a thread about it has a different effect. Perhaps not for you, but rest assure that PR, propaganda and peer pressure do have an influence and more people (and therefor alliances) then you'd assume.

Propaganda's, just like publicity, only goal is to make people discuss/read about it. Difference is that while publicity ought to be "correct", propaganda often isn't or is attempting to manipulate the perception.

Mzyxptlk 25 Aug 2010 09:42

You state you didn't say X, then proceed to say X, again. I'm detecting a pattern here.

Hanzi's goal was and is to make NFI look stronger than they really are. People are now saying that closing the gap with NFI isn't hard, which implies that people are not buying into Hanzi's attempt.

You've said this yourself twice now, so I'm not sure why you're arguing with me:
Quote:

Originally Posted by you (Post 3197858)
But so far, this propaganda reached its goal. Because people are now discussing NFI and how 'easy' it is to close the gap if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by you again (Post 3197887)
The goal is/was to put them in the spotlight and to indicate that this situation can and should be changed if needed.