Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fm 2006 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189353)

midge5 20 Jan 2006 03:23

Fm 2006

I was just wondering if anyone fancied an online game in the English Premiership.

Don't mind days or times etc...

and I suppose for those interested in playing could you say if you are willing to be a host or not.

Kargool 20 Jan 2006 03:34

Re: Fm 2006

I would sure have a go at playing it yes. Dont think I can host, but play I would love to.

NEWSBOT3 20 Jan 2006 03:39

I would but the last time i tried one of those games it took days for anything to happen (mostly because one person was shortlisting like 5k players or something, iirc)

isildurx 20 Jan 2006 06:52

Haha, people actually do that?

Afraid im not good enough to play FM online atm, need to brush up my 'thats the young players you can get for 100k that fekkin owns all' skills

the_dastardley_chihuahua 20 Jan 2006 09:46

havent played any SI games since the total abortion that was CM4.

Phalon 20 Jan 2006 11:15

I'd like to play but i have similar concerns to NB3.

We#ve been plaing a network game between the 4 guys in my house for 2 months now and we've on;y played 10 games in the league - entirely due to everyone trying to sign a million and 1 plauers before the end of august.

Alki 20 Jan 2006 11:16

yeah ill play when i get the game :up:

Blastoderm 20 Jan 2006 12:15

I'd play if someone gave me a copy of the damn game....

midge5 20 Jan 2006 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalon
I'd like to play but i have similar concerns to NB3.

We#ve been plaing a network game between the 4 guys in my house for 2 months now and we've on;y played 10 games in the league - entirely due to everyone trying to sign a million and 1 plauers before the end of august.

I think last time we played online in GD we left the game open a few days before starting where everyone could login and setup their transfers whenever they felt like which saved a bit of time. Then while the first night was slow with the news for all this stuff we seemed to reach the season start so from then on it went quite quickly.

Kurashima 20 Jan 2006 14:10

I currently play 3 clans.

If youre looking for online game Midge , you could do worse than apply to the regular, organised clans that you find

This thread lists short term games, usually announced 24-48 hours before they start, and running for only 1 or 2 nights

This thread is vacancies in established clans that run long term games in different leagues

Post your details in this thread if youre looking for a vacancy in a long term game. Most of them pick players very carefully, as it takes a shitload of patience to play, and most players who come in new end up buggering off within the first week of play

Good Luck mate. One of the clans im in has recently lost a few players, so if you do fancy a longer term game (start in the conference , build your reputation and move up the leagues), I can have a word with the host.

Kurashima 20 Jan 2006 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by midge5
I think last time we played online in GD we left the game open a few days before starting where everyone could login and setup their transfers whenever they felt like which saved a bit of time. Then while the first night was slow with the news for all this stuff we seemed to reach the season start so from then on it went quite quickly.

I recall the last time we played we started with a dozen players and ended up with a core of 4 or 5, after those who were doing badly just buggered off.

Kurashima 20 Jan 2006 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
I would but the last time i tried one of those games it took days for anything to happen (mostly because one person was shortlisting like 5k players or something, iirc)

Shortlists arent held on the server anymore , theyre held locally. The only delays for huge shortlists now are the individuals who create those shortlists.

The game is still slow, but its a lot more stable now, and the last 2 patches have ironed out the issues that came with playing online when it was released.

Do not attempt to play the game without these patches. Mainly because youll go mental when you get a random error that crashes the game without saving it.

midge5 20 Jan 2006 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurashima
IGood Luck mate. One of the clans im in has recently lost a few players, so if you do fancy a longer term game (start in the conference , build your reputation and move up the leagues), I can have a word with the host.

Cheers. You couldn't give me any more details could you? Like when you play and how far into the game you already are.

Blastoderm 20 Jan 2006 17:12

Remember the days when we tried to set up a CM/FM thing online?

s|k 20 Jan 2006 17:31

[Football] :(

G.K Zhukov 22 Jan 2006 22:05

I heard you can override the copy protection by running it in NT4.0 compability.

Just a rumour ofcourse :)