Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   R56 development thread. (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200383)

BloodyButcher 5 Apr 2014 13:04

R56 development thread.

Seems like this run has kicked off to an interesting start.
Spore is leading comfortably, and got more members than everyone else.
ND/Ultores/CT/FAnG seems to either get the larger chunks of incommings, or seems to have the poorest def.
Im wondering if there are any other alliance willing to take up the fight for the #1 spot atm, or if planet ranks and revenge is what the alliance HCs are looking for this round.

Motti 5 Apr 2014 18:02

Re: R56 development thread.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...93&postcount=5

For sure things are shitting from boring to innteresting quickly :-D

BloodyButcher 5 Apr 2014 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motti (Post 3229901)
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...93&postcount=5

For sure things are shitting from boring to innteresting quickly :-D

Exactly what im aiming at, the start we have had makes it look like there could be 4 alliances who could be in a good position in 400 ticks, but nothing seems to be happening, no blocks no wars, no nothing

Blue_Esper 6 Apr 2014 04:48

theres always a block vs ult

Forest 6 Apr 2014 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3229905)
theres always a block vs ult

lol :p

DrunkenViking 6 Apr 2014 12:48

Let me rephrase what Blue said:
There is always several alliances cooporating on hitting ult.

There, happy Forest? :)

Forest 6 Apr 2014 13:21

No

DrunkenViking 6 Apr 2014 14:10

I guess there is no pleasing you, is there?

BloodyButcher 6 Apr 2014 14:53

I find it interesting allies are more interested in "creating" blocks against Ult than hitting one of the top2 tags.
This clearly shows me that ult is being threated unfairly

Forest 6 Apr 2014 14:56

block against ult

lol

BloodyButcher 6 Apr 2014 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest (Post 3229912)
block against ult

lol

Thats what blue esper is claiming no?

Forest 6 Apr 2014 16:44

doesnt mean he is right

BloodyButcher 6 Apr 2014 16:58

So either he is lying or he just dont know what blocking against another alliance means.
Can you have incs without being blocked against?

Forest 6 Apr 2014 17:21

indeed

Kaiba 6 Apr 2014 20:12

a) you two could have done this in pm

b) bitcher mentioned blocks first, esper purely made a sarcastic comment about how there always seems to be a block vs ultores every round.

This round is dull. Roid counts are appalling for tick 400. Sadly there is too many gals, and the bottom ones, that supply the easy roids to planet even seem to have 1-2 active guys that annoy the hell out of attackers. BPs need to go back up to 4, galaxies are too much of a lottery now, especially with the exile restrictions. Im all for stifling the ability to create 'super gals' but these changes are the wrong way to go as you have ended up with a lot of decent players locked in cruddy gals and only able to move to cruddy gals because the good gals did there 2 exiles bang on the tick limit.

Actually feel that the extra 5 alliance members has also unbalanced things. Spore has had roughly 10 members more than its rivals for most of the round. Thats 30 extra def slots and attack slots, thats quite a difference.

NOt even HR or ND have managed to fill tag this round. I think that 55-60 is the perfect number for the current playerbase size, anything over and it starts to distort. Think more members should count to tag for it tho. 60 with 55 counting or 55 with 50 counting. Only scanners shouldnt count to tag, crashes have more of an impact then.

BloodyButcher 6 Apr 2014 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3229925)
a) you two could have done this in pm

b) bitcher mentioned blocks first, esper purely made a sarcastic comment about how there always seems to be a block vs ultores every round.

This round is dull. Roid counts are appalling for tick 400. Sadly there is too many gals, and the bottom ones, that supply the easy roids to planet even seem to have 1-2 active guys that annoy the hell out of attackers. BPs need to go back up to 4, galaxies are too much of a lottery now, especially with the exile restrictions. Im all for stifling the ability to create 'super gals' but these changes are the wrong way to go as you have ended up with a lot of decent players locked in cruddy gals and only able to move to cruddy gals because the good gals did there 2 exiles bang on the tick limit.

Actually feel that the extra 5 alliance members has also unbalanced things. Spore has had roughly 10 members more than its rivals for most of the round. Thats 30 extra def slots and attack slots, thats quite a difference.

NOt even HR or ND have managed to fill tag this round. I think that 55-60 is the perfect number for the current playerbase size, anything over and it starts to distort. Think more members should count to tag for it tho. 60 with 55 counting or 55 with 50 counting. Only scanners shouldnt count to tag, crashes have more of an impact then.

I actualy think the exile system seems to be working decent.
If spore is so much better than the rest, why dont people just attack em?
Ofc all the gals are gonna get bashed out of existence if all People do is gal raiding...

Blue_Esper 7 Apr 2014 00:29

Fear is the answer you seek butcher. Fear that the block that hits ult will hit them instead.

BloodyButcher 7 Apr 2014 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3229927)
Fear is the answer you seek butcher. Fear that the block that hits ult will hit them instead.

Seems that all the other allies are well satisfied with 2nd indeed.

isildurx 7 Apr 2014 07:07

At this point there seems to be no alliance(outside of spore?) with any ambition whatsoever, leading most alliances to just try and farm the smaller alliances and galaxier ad nauseum.

Serio 7 Apr 2014 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3229927)

oh god ive missed you Blue :P

ReligFree 7 Apr 2014 12:32

Well, Faceless & Spore had a mini-war for about 100 ticks and then Howling Rain attacked us for choosing 3 of their planets the night after the Spore war finished, so it's been hectic for us at least.

BloodyButcher 7 Apr 2014 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReligFree (Post 3229932)
Well, Faceless & Spore had a mini-war for about 100 ticks and then Howling Rain attacked us for choosing 3 of their planets the night after the Spore war finished, so it's been hectic for us at least.

Seems like allies like nd ct hr and rock has had a lot of incommings. Mustve been real quiet for the rest

Joseph 8 Apr 2014 04:05

bitcher just want some1 to attack spore...? or im wrong...?

Blue_Esper 8 Apr 2014 04:12

everyone wants to but don't want to be hit back

Joseph 8 Apr 2014 04:16

so if u want spore to be attacked, and dont want to be hit back, u come here, and ask some1 to do it for u...
nice move

SnowSeal 8 Apr 2014 04:21

Spore is fighting Ultores 1 vs 1. We do not coordinate our attacks with anyone nor have we done so through out the round. This applies to Ultores aswell.

Kaiba 8 Apr 2014 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowSeal (Post 3229937)
Spore is fighting Ultores 1 vs 1. We do not coordinate our attacks with anyone nor have we done so through out the round. This applies to Ultores aswell.

Never lasts. Block wars will happen. Dont take the 1v1 high ground, it will come back to bite you in the ass

BloodyButcher 8 Apr 2014 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph (Post 3229934)
bitcher just want some1 to attack spore...? or im wrong...?

You are very wrong, i do want some more action though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3229935)
everyone wants to but don't want to be hit back

This is very untrue, everyone would like to hit the top alliance, but not if they are the smallest allie in that Block. Seems like a lot of allies dont want to be "flak" this round, even though they dont know the meaning of it.

Quote:

It seems to me Blue_Esper said that the block that is always against Ult keeps targetting em, why would you say that youve been going 1on1 when their intel are pointing it the opposite direction? 0_o

eksero 8 Apr 2014 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher

It seems to me Blue_Esper said that the block that is always against Ult keeps targetting em, why would you say that youve been going 1on1 when their intel are pointing it the opposite direction? 0_o

Where did he say that?
We are just getting a lot of random incs, that we are horrible and have more leaks than everyone else put together is our own fault :cool:

Blue_Esper 8 Apr 2014 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3229939)
This is very untrue, everyone would like to hit the top alliance, but not if they are the smallest allie in that Block. Seems like a lot of allies dont want to be "flak" this round, even though they dont know the meaning of it.

umm...thanks for rewording what i wrote?

isildurx 8 Apr 2014 17:46

I find it rediculous that no block has been formed against Spore

Motti 8 Apr 2014 20:20

Well this round surely has developed, from a clear blue sky Newdawn decided to p-target Apprime and have done so for two days in a row.

We are currently considering if this is just random gal raids or an act of war.

Either way - if this is actually p-targetting it appears unprovoked and rather hostile!

gzambo 8 Apr 2014 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motti (Post 3229946)
a clear blue sky

I heard there was very dark Clouds earlier

Cochese 9 Apr 2014 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3229942)
I find it rediculous that no block has been formed against Spore

I too, find it ridiculous

isildurx 9 Apr 2014 07:15

Wow, the native englishspeaker lecturing the non-native, what great use of your time. I hear there's a lot of spellingerrors on reddit, why don't you go and correct all them too.

Plaguuu 9 Apr 2014 14:47

oO

Paisley 9 Apr 2014 15:48

Less Spelling Nazis and more speculation about who is warring with who please :)

BloodyButcher 9 Apr 2014 18:49

Rumours of an anti spore block in the forming has been going on the last days. Can Spore survive heavy fire with this rounds stats? Theyve been untested so far

Influence 9 Apr 2014 21:52

I hear a drunk vikings officer just declared war on his own planet, that should keep them busy for the next few days.

Mzyxptlk 9 Apr 2014 23:10

I'm sure they have a rule to deal with that.

Paisley 9 Apr 2014 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3229958)
I'm sure they have a rule to deal with that.

I know alliances have their own HCs DCs and BCs but do Vikings have their own QCs after reading the terms and conditions.

Cochese 10 Apr 2014 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3229950)
Wow, the native englishspeaker lecturing the non-native, what great use of your time. I hear there's a lot of spellingerrors on reddit, why don't you go and correct all them too.

Aww come on isil :(

Back on "topic", laughing pretty good at the Vikings coc link. That's a pretty heavy investment of time and thought for a game like this.

HellKicker 10 Apr 2014 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3229959)
I know alliances have their own HCs DCs and BCs but do Vikings have their own QCs after reading the terms and conditions.

The Documents Department is in charge of managing the CoC. This includes continuous improvement of the CoC, as well as maintaing the Google Drive account required to host it. The Documents Department (hereinafter refered to as DD) is lead by a Documents HC. The DD may have several officers (DocCs).

Any change in the CoC must be put forward by the Documents HC for a level 5 vote and requires 60% majority. A level 6 vote can immediately veto against any proposed change to the CoC.

Kaiba 10 Apr 2014 22:22

I think it's name pretty much sums it up. A load of CoC!! ;)

Back on topic tho, there is rumours going round that Spore is looking to nap Faceless and Renap Fang in an attempt to not get the brunt of the pending war. Pretty shoddy if you ask me, does Vikings CoC have procedures for when allies act like this, hanging them out to dry. Is there a level 7?

Hopefully FL and Fags say no but both are notorious fencers....

BloodyButcher 10 Apr 2014 23:02

Well funnily enough, even though theyve spent a long time on this well written code of conduct for members, Vikings will still fall into its own old ways.
This rounds seems to be more or less over, as the top two alliances have decided to go with a long term agreement, yet again Vikings seems to be happy to be a second tier alliance.
I wonder how long the univers is gonna accept this behavior from Vikings

Joseph 11 Apr 2014 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochese (Post 3229961)
Back on "topic", laughing pretty good at the Vikings coc link. That's a pretty heavy investment of time and thought for a game like this.

i cant stop laughing... my own firm dont have something like that hehe =)

fortran 11 Apr 2014 06:00

Or BB says something about increase in tag size or something bad about Vikings. Or both.

DrunkenViking 12 Apr 2014 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Influence (Post 3229956)
I hear a drunk vikings officer just declared war on his own planet, that should keep them busy for the next few days.

Wasn't DrunkenViking for sure...

DeeJay 12 Apr 2014 16:50

Quote:

Its not really called a fight when the other side isnt fighting back. Let me explain.

In one of the first nights of this so called 1 vs 1 fight we had Vikings RANDOMLY raiding a gal with 4 Ultores in it and CT RANDOMLY raiding gals with a few Ultores in. Coordinated or not its what happened.

As if it wasnt enough Spore had 20% more planets(and fleets), 40% more value and 40% more roids than Ultores AT THE START OF THE FIGHT, we had to deal with about 30-35 more RANDOM hostile fleets.

Although we didnt bleed roids in any single night the gap became bigger and bigger to the point where we HAVE to ground all fleets and 3 fleet def to cover incs leaving us unable to fight back with an opponent that RIGHT NOW has double our roids, 50% more value and 20% more fleets.

Maybe it was just bad luck, maybe it was bad strategy or poor planning or maybe Ultores just chose the wrong allies but this is a fight as disproportionate as it can ever be without Spore needing to coordinate their attacks with anyone else.

So yes:
Quote:

Spore is fighting Ultores 1 vs 1.

Clouds 12 Apr 2014 19:14

I think that Ultores are struggling VS Spore because of their strat. It astonishes me that you picked a strat that is so poor defensively.