Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fair and Balanced (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193980)

dda 6 Mar 2007 20:20

Fair and Balanced

As some of you may have suspected, I am a semi-conservative Republican. However, I like to think I am fair and I am critical of those on my side of the political spectrum when they turn into nut jobs.

I come before you today to ask the question, "What the hell is the matter with Anne Coulter?"

Ms. Coulter is bright and she is well educated. She holds many views with which I disagree. However, these alone are not enough for me to classify you as a nut job without more (such as being a Norwegian communist for example).

Recently Ms. Coulter spoke in front of a group of conservatives. She made a statement along the lines of, "I won't be speaking about John Edwards (a Democrat candidate for president) because I have learned that, if you use the word faggot, you have to check into rehab."

Now this is the sort of thing that if one GD member said it about another might be expected to start a flame war. For a nationally prominent figure to make such a remark, even in jest, is not just in bad taste, it is nuts!

Ms. Coulter seems to be losing her grip. She is gaining a lot of attention for very bad behavior. Even if she thinks such things, she needs to have some sort of filter between thought and word.

All Systems Go 6 Mar 2007 20:26

Re: Fair and Balanced

Have you only just heard of Anne Coulter? Her entire career is based on being complete lunatic bitch.

Her attituide is disgusting and all that ever comes out her mouth when she speaks is putrid hatred.

She is scum.

dda 6 Mar 2007 21:52

Yes it would be a good thing. She will not stop being prominent. She will only gain more noteriety by such crap. However, I don't think such remarks add much to the public debate on any topic.

G.K Zhukov 6 Mar 2007 22:52

To quote NOFX (yeah, the punk band):

You're wrong for hating queers and eating steers
If you kill for the thrill of the hunt
You're wrong 'bout wearing fur and not hating Ann Coulter
Cause she's a cu*ted cu*t

From the song called "your wrong"

edit: NOFX seems a bit heavy for the automodding :p

Dante Hicks 6 Mar 2007 23:16

It says a lot about a countries political discourse that it's perfectly acceptable to advocate torture, war, repression of free speech and mass murder and so on but woah - when you call another rich prominent person a bad word, you've somehow crossed the line.

edit : Actually, I just read this quote from Ms C, she ain't so bad :
Quote:

When we were fighting communism, OK, they had mass murderers and gulags, but they were white men and they were sane. Now we're up against absolutely insane savages.

dda 6 Mar 2007 23:24

As I am typing this, I am listening to Anne Coulter on the radio. She said that she just used faggot in the "Endlish school-yard" sense.

English school-yard faggots \o/.

All Systems Go 6 Mar 2007 23:28

Maybe she consulted this thread first.

milo 6 Mar 2007 23:45

Didn't she also call bill clinton gay? Besides i thought the entire point of such people in your weird political culture was to guffaw at but secretly admire. Its not like other republicans refuse to associate with her.

Dante Hicks 6 Mar 2007 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
Didn't she also call bill clinton gay?

I think she said she didn't know if he was gay but Gore was a fag. Bill Clinton would seem to be able to defend such an "insult" fairly easily surely...?

dda 7 Mar 2007 00:04

There was a case a while back were a young girl was at school. She was taunted by other school children because she was Mormon. They asked her questions such as "How many grandmothers do you have?" She replied, "Don't be so gay." The taunting children complained and she was suspended from school for hate speech.

Everyone wants to be a victim.

Deffeh 7 Mar 2007 01:55

institutionalised rape in the case of Ann Coulter is a-ok in my book

furball 7 Mar 2007 03:10

dda, I think you need a read of this page. She's been at this sort of thing for a very very long time.

JonnyBGood 7 Mar 2007 05:00

It is worth living thanks to moments like this

furball 7 Mar 2007 09:16

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote." (1997)

"Canadians better hope the United States does not roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." (2004)

:rolleyes:

lokken 7 Mar 2007 09:58

But would you hit it?

Sharur 7 Mar 2007 10:01

seriously all those things she said can't be real? cause if it is she has a good chance to run for presidency (sp?) and win it :/

Hebdomad 7 Mar 2007 12:44

she's a nutjob dda.

Phang 7 Mar 2007 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
It is worth living thanks to moments like this

that's awesome.

furball 7 Mar 2007 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken
But would you hit it?

Too ****ing right I would. I'd be finishing off with a donkey punch as well :salute:

Deffeh 7 Mar 2007 15:44

she deserves rape; there is no question about it.

All Systems Go 7 Mar 2007 15:47

But if she became pregnant would she have an abortion?

Deffeh 7 Mar 2007 15:49

she wouldnt get pregnant unless her womb is up her ass

All Systems Go 7 Mar 2007 15:51

If she contracted the muscles, you'd probaby lose your dick.