Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Blahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197231)

horn 6 Dec 2008 01:03

Blahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

someone in my alliance channel on irc just said the alliances denial and ascendancy are no longer fighting. is that true?

horn 6 Dec 2008 01:07

Re: Blahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

other questions i could do with having answered...

- who are CT attacking
- who are rock attacking
- who are vgn attacking
- why do xans get low eta, cloaked ships, and low initiative

gzambo 6 Dec 2008 01:32

denial and asc are still fighting just maybe not each other :p
ct and rock are gal raiding
vgn were p-targeting asc , possibly gone back to gal raids
xans are just lucky i guess

Zeyi 6 Dec 2008 02:05

horn is my attack partner, and soon I hope more than that.

CBA 6 Dec 2008 02:52

Everyone knows Galaxy raiding wins a round.

BloodyButcher 6 Dec 2008 04:36

CT is not trying to win as an alliance iirc, they are fighting for planet ranking.
loorol

Mzyxptlk 6 Dec 2008 12:37

In recent rounds, CT hasn't been an strong contender for alliance win. I see no reason why they should be this round. The fact that they recognise their strengths and weaknesses is a good thing, and shows that they've matured since they were first created.

Wishmaster 6 Dec 2008 13:00

whats their strengths?

weakness is that they aint good enough? :o

_Kila_ 6 Dec 2008 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3160185)
whats their strengths?

weakness is that they aint good enough? :o

I'd assume that mz means that their players are mainly the really selfish type who only care about their planet and only see their alliance as a source of defence. This means that going for planet ranks is more effective for CT than going for alliance ranks as their players are more motivated to do so.

gzambo 6 Dec 2008 14:46

but but but having a strong alliance will improve your chance of having a good planet rank

Mzyxptlk 6 Dec 2008 14:56

Having an alliance that is willing to defwhore to get you the win improves your chance to have a good planet rank as well. Enter CT.

Kenny 6 Dec 2008 16:37

Conspiracy is using this round to rebuild a core, and concentrate on planet ranks, which is why we're not seeking #1st.

Next round we'll have no such agenda and there'll be no flagshipping of any kind. I've told the members this already - if you want an easy ride then you can **** off.

Only... I worded it better when I said it to them!

ReligFree 6 Dec 2008 16:48

Told you the power would go to Kennys head ;)

Kenny 6 Dec 2008 16:53

Shut up or I'll have you killed!

<3

CBA 6 Dec 2008 18:36

CT are pretty much useless. Weak at attacking, weak at defending. Playing for planet ranks? well they cant even protect their big planets so dunno why they keep saying this. The only reason they are big is because they have been sat on the fence all round, or i doubt they would be any higher then ASS in the universe rankings. Basically all this about "only going for planet ranks" is some sorta trash that allows CT to sit on their fence all round long and for everyone to allow it. But to be honest why hit CT, their no threat to anyone BUT they are easy roids so im suprised they aint really been hit hard yet.

Kenny 6 Dec 2008 19:21

And you're only in Ascendancy because you landed in a fenced gal and were consequentially allowed to grow completely untouched, therefore giving you a good score.

So you tell me fences are bad, Charles.

Mzyxptlk 6 Dec 2008 19:27

Pretty sure CBA joined Ascendancy before round start.

ellonweb 6 Dec 2008 19:43

He started in ASS, joined Ascendancy around ticks 400-500 or thereabouts.

lokken 6 Dec 2008 19:46

Judging from Ali's shitty landing on me earlier, the rumours of Denial and Ascendancy not attacking each other are a touch misplaced.

Another 300k added to our lead with the clock ticking away on denial, great stuff. As for CT, they've certainly had opportunities to take charge of this round, but haven't opted to take any as yet. Not sure if that's deliberate.

Mzyxptlk 6 Dec 2008 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3160223)
He started in ASS, joined Ascendancy around ticks 400-500 or thereabouts.

Guess I was wrong then. :o

Kenny 6 Dec 2008 20:16

Which, btw, was 300-400 ticks after he exiled in to 5:3.

CBA 6 Dec 2008 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny (Post 3160219)
And you're only in Ascendancy because you landed in a fenced gal and were consequentially allowed to grow completely untouched, therefore giving you a good score.

So you tell me fences are bad, Charles.

And Kenny my dear, if we look at your planet we see you were also allowed to grow untouched heh??? so tell me fences are useless ???

Anyways what did joining Ascendancy have to do with me being allowed to grow completely untouched... Ascendancy just drains all my fleets for their ego planets !!!!

CBA 6 Dec 2008 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3160226)
Guess I was wrong then. :o

Yes, you kind of were, but nevermind!

_Kila_ 6 Dec 2008 22:46

Wow. CBA joined Ascendancy. And there I was thinking that the only rule other than "No Kila" was "don't be shit".

Kenny 6 Dec 2008 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3160232)
And Kenny my dear, if we look at your planet we see you were also allowed to grow untouched heh??? so tell me fences are useless ???

Anyways what did joining Ascendancy have to do with me being allowed to grow completely untouched... Ascendancy just drains all my fleets for their ego planets !!!!

Yes, we were both allowed to grow untouched. I just chose not to put the effort in to take advantage of this, whereas you did.

And lol @ you not thinking you're one of their 'ego planets'.

HellKicker 6 Dec 2008 23:26

Wish i was in Conspiracy

Mzyxptlk 6 Dec 2008 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_ (Post 3160237)
Wow. CBA joined Ascendancy. And there I was thinking that the only rule other than "No Kila" was "don't be shit".

How does it feel to be more shit than CBA? :)

horn 7 Dec 2008 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny (Post 3160204)
Conspiracy is using this round to rebuild a core, and concentrate on planet ranks, which is why we're not seeking #1st.

Next round we'll have no such agenda and there'll be no flagshipping of any kind. I've told the members this already - if you want an easy ride then you can **** off.

Only... I worded it better when I said it to them!

i don't understand much about this game so i might have missed something, but why is it a good idea during a "rebuilding round", to focus on planet rankings for just a few of your best players?

ellonweb 7 Dec 2008 01:10

To appease their few good players and encourage them not to leave?

gzambo 7 Dec 2008 01:14

because this rd and previous rd's those players have had the power to do as they please . a perfect example would be omb while im sure he has a great reason for sitting on his planet in c200 it begs the question how many def fleets would he have sent to other members of his ally if CT's HC had balls and didnt flagship certain planets

Ps when is omb getting deleted after being in c200 for so long

Kenny 7 Dec 2008 01:29

For the record, omb does not have CT HC blessing to be in c200. His reasoning is now "If I can stay there, I will, else I'll get mauled".

Shoulda thought of that before he went in tbh, but lets not bring that shit up again.

gzambo 7 Dec 2008 01:37

did one of your fellow hc not explain that they went to #support to ensure his choice was within the game rules , if he does not have Ct Hc blessing can i take it he is no longer in the ct tag

and that shit has never been settled kenny especially since pa-team were supposed to give an explanation as to how an exiling bug only affected omb's planet in c200

Veedeejem! 7 Dec 2008 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3160254)
because this rd and previous rd's those players have had the power to do as they please . a perfect example would be omb while im sure he has a great reason for sitting on his planet in c200 it begs the question how many def fleets would he have sent to other members of his ally if CT's HC had balls and didnt flagship certain planets

Ps when is omb getting deleted after being in c200 for so long

Not, paid planets can stay there as long as they want afaik?

horn 7 Dec 2008 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3160252)
To appease their few good players and encourage them not to leave?

assuming "good" entails something along the lines of "good for the alliance" then i don't see how such a strategy follows suit. if the HC are scared these players are going to leave if the alliance doesn't send them all their def fleets and NAP any competition to minimalise incomming, then why are they going to be any use next round when suppsoedly neither of these actions are going to be taken to protect them?
i can't imagine you're going to keep many recruits this round by showing little ambition, leeching their def fleets and then failing to defend them. surely it's these players that you need to retain during a "rebuilding round".

this is all assuming you can't win by flagshipping a handful of planets or whatever though. i don't know if you can or not. someone tell me.

Kenny 7 Dec 2008 04:30

You can't, which is why we're not trying to win this round.

Next round, we wont be flagshipping.

Do the math :)

horn 7 Dec 2008 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny (Post 3160276)
You can't, which is why we're not trying to win this round.

Next round, we wont be flagshipping.

Do the math :)

why don't instead of doing that, you stop flagshipping and hit ascendancy? you've got a nice roid lead over denial and ND, and with all three hitting ascendancy you might stand a chance of keeping ahead of them both as ascendancy crashes to the ground like a big ball of gay

Hunterrrr 7 Dec 2008 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn (Post 3160277)
why don't instead of doing that, you stop flagshipping and hit ascendancy? you've got a nice roid lead over denial and ND, and with all three hitting ascendancy you might stand a chance of keeping ahead of them both as ascendancy crashes to the ground like a big ball of gay

Ahahahahaha

horn 7 Dec 2008 04:52

out of interest, are your top players quite explicit about the fact that they'll leave if not given large def fleets and assurance of NAPs with the main competition?

horn 7 Dec 2008 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterrrr (Post 3160278)
Ahahahahaha

hahaha!

Hunterrrr 7 Dec 2008 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn (Post 3160280)
hahaha!

HahA!

horn 7 Dec 2008 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterrrr (Post 3160281)
HahA!

GAHahahHAHahHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

_-[BaNannA ALlianz]-_ whEre t3h RAndom nEvER sleEps!!1

Hunterrrr 7 Dec 2008 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn (Post 3160282)
GAHahahHAHahHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

_-[BaNannA ALlianz]-_ whEre t3h RAndom nEvER sleEps!!1

Hmmm! Took too many pillz?

SUFC 7 Dec 2008 12:08

Might had been nicer battle with Denial+CT+ROCK vs Asc+ND+VGN, but im afraid that CT would had been bit useless after losing tons of roids within 1-2 nights. Joining the battle would only cause them early quit. Altho Denial and CT working together wouldnt been an option anyways im afraid.

ElAlan 7 Dec 2008 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUFC (Post 3160293)
Might had been nicer battle with Denial+CT+ROCK vs Asc+ND+VGN, but im afraid that CT would had been bit useless after losing tons of roids within 1-2 nights. Joining the battle would only cause them early quit. Altho Denial and CT working together wouldnt been an option anyways im afraid.

Errr it was Denial-Rock-ND-VGN vs Ascendancy we certainly werent with ND-VGN, no idea where you got that from, and yes personally at the time i was surprised CT didnt jump on the bandwagon, exact words being something like "jesus is there no limit to CT's napping???" etc

[B5]Londo 7 Dec 2008 13:54

All you ascs here can flame me if I misjudge you, but i can hardly believe Asc will let CT keep its peace to the very end; so i still think their fence sitting might come back haunt them.

Goatsemaster 7 Dec 2008 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B5]Londo (Post 3160302)
All you ascs here can flame me if I misjudge you, but i can hardly believe Asc will let CT keep its peace to the very end; so i still think their fence sitting might come back haunt them.

The Haunting of the Fences sounds like it could be the new Stephen King novel.

SUFC 7 Dec 2008 14:35

I thought that we had Denial vs universe again while Asc was keeping their score in prod. Then around 600th tick the thing changed and now the round is over if nothing major happens.

Btw, did Asc had how many members when round started? Just wondering was their tactic to fill tag with ppl lots of score and roids and recruit them from other alliances or was case like CBAs just one of a kind?

Furyous 7 Dec 2008 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn (Post 3160280)
hahaha!

ha, ha-ha

Assassin 7 Dec 2008 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAlan (Post 3160297)
Errr it was Denial-Rock-ND-VGN vs Ascendancy we certainly werent with ND-VGN, no idea where you got that from, and yes personally at the time i was surprised CT didnt jump on the bandwagon, exact words being something like "jesus is there no limit to CT's napping???" etc

Not at the beggining it wasnt. But thats another story.

JonnyBGood 7 Dec 2008 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUFC (Post 3160305)
I thought that we had Denial vs universe again while Asc was keeping their score in prod. Then around 600th tick the thing changed and now the round is over if nothing major happens.

Btw, did Asc had how many members when round started? Just wondering was their tactic to fill tag with ppl lots of score and roids and recruit them from other alliances or was case like CBAs just one of a kind?

There were basically no plans made. And the size of the ascendancy tag at each point in the round up until pt 336 was exactly how many people we had playing.