Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Planetarion, or is it Donatearion? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198652)

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 16:21

Planetarion, or is it Donatearion?

Are we gonna see donations from ally fund / gal fund to decide #1 planet in the future?

Since BA prooved that donations is legal....

How to do it:
get gal m8s to donate to gal fund then exile out, be mod while it happens ( gc is last to exile out ) then donate the fund to urself. = 750k score, more if certain government. Or something like that? dunno the limidts.

Get ally fund as big as possible, so that you can get the maximum donation possible from ally last tick. Make sure you are the only one left in the tag so that you can get the donation.

Would this be allowed? I dont REALLY see a difference between this and what BA did early on. After all, the alliance played as a team, as did the galaxy...?

Discuss!

Kargool 7 May 2010 16:36

Re: Planetarion, or is it Donatearion?

By reading PD and AD of late, I think PA should rename to Whinetarion

BlueArmy 7 May 2010 16:38

yawn. i think our gal has proven that our tactic was fking awesome, and that we played as a team. your tactic is different, as you're not playing as a team, you exile out, making them pure support planets, and all of you alliance 'mates' are support planets.

closed, deleted, cheated.

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool (Post 3191974)
By reading PD and AD of late, I think PA should rename to Whinetarion

wheres the whine?

Abort 7 May 2010 17:10

BlueArmy is 100% right... they did it as a team... yea they had ONE player get a huge start... at the cost of 7 of them having a terrible one... Get over it Wishmaster.

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abort (Post 3191983)
Hahahaha. But BlueArmy is 100% right... they did it as a team... yea they had ONE player get a huge start... at the cost of 7 of them having a terrible one... Get over it Wishmaster.

what the **** is your problem? I never said anything about BA getting the donations, I had np with it, I never had a problem with farming in the early days of PA either. I just want to know what will happen if / when someone pull a stunt like this LATE GAME in the future.

And Pt, yes that kinda was the point! :p

Mzyxptlk 7 May 2010 17:16

Nothing really revolutionary happened for this galaxy. Yeah, the initial lead BlueArmy god was fairly spectacular, but value based capping means you can't capitalize on that lead because you have such a hard time capping roids. At the same time, I'm pretty sure most people in that galaxy got donated to, which pretty much evens things out.

As for the late game, 50m resources is not particularly significant.

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 17:16

Right, since you idiots clearly think this is some whine about BA getting donations early on. It isnt. Read my posts back then if u think so. grmbl

I m just curious what will happen if someone did this. You can still call it teamplay.
What if ( in theory ) a gal had 8 planets in top10 fighting. None of them would win on their own, but if they donated to the smaller one ingal he could win. Would that make it alright?

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3191985)
Nothing really revolutionary happened for this galaxy. Yeah, the initial lead BlueArmy god was fairly spectacular, but value based capping means you can't capitalize on that lead because you have such a hard time capping roids. At the same time, I'm pretty sure most people in that galaxy got donated to, which pretty much evens things out.

As for the late game, 50m resources is not particularly significant.

that got nothing to do with my OP though...

Knight Theamion 7 May 2010 18:29

Well, I would be more worried if someone got donated fleet to the win!

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3192003)
Well, I would be more worried if someone got donated fleet to the win!

There are rules in palce for that already. If someone donate their fleet to someone its cheating.

( I know what point ur trying to make however theam, but I just cba to respond! :p )

eltsin 7 May 2010 18:45

I think the donation system needs a tweak. Sorry to bring in the Ministry again, but what they did was to create some discussion around the donation system as it's flawed.

In regards to what would happen you're going to need a reply from PATeam as I have no clue as to where they draw the line. I also doubt they know it themselves. ;-)

Knight Theamion 7 May 2010 18:47

Well, what we did is we donated constantly throughout the round to people ingal, and because everyone performed rather on the same level (no horrendous crashing etc) we could rotate people in and out of donation range. I myself got 500k in the last week, I think anders, signs and trunks did too. Shadowcat, Bluearmy and Golan were out of range after there first donation (although BlueArmy crashed some away and then got a new one).

With some planning and a very dedicated cov-opper (and later roidmonster) you can pull this off, but it is very dependant on the 8th planet. Shazna, in a word, is amazing.

Zotnam 7 May 2010 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3191973)
Are we gonna see donations from ally fund / gal fund to decide #1 planet in the future?

Since BA prooved that donations is legal....

How to do it:
get gal m8s to donate to gal fund then exile out, be mod while it happens ( gc is last to exile out ) then donate the fund to urself. = 750k score, more if certain government. Or something like that? dunno the limidts.

Get ally fund as big as possible, so that you can get the maximum donation possible from ally last tick. Make sure you are the only one left in the tag so that you can get the donation.

Would this be allowed? I dont REALLY see a difference between this and what BA did early on. After all, the alliance played as a team, as did the galaxy...?

Discuss!

How would this be possible? Do you mean in the last few ticks? Then the limit is 50 million. I am pretty sure that if you are the only one in gal you CANNOT donate to yourself, as you need to be UNDER the average. Anyway, the cost of everyone else exiling would be huge (5 mill+ each for selfexiling per planet, unsure about how much if you do it through fund) so this is hardly a tactic that would pay off even if it was possible.

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotnam (Post 3192013)
How would this be possible? Do you mean in the last few ticks? Then the limit is 50 million. I am pretty sure that if you are the only one in gal you CANNOT donate to yourself, as you need to be UNDER the average. Anyway, the cost of everyone else exiling would be huge (5 mill+ each for selfexiling per planet, unsure about how much if you do it through fund) so this is hardly a tactic that would pay off even if it was possible.

So if you have a 1man galaxy, he cant doante res to gal fund, and then donate it back to himself?
50mil from alliance.
75mil from gal fund?

Its not exactly hard to save up 5mil res each and then selfexile out. The res will then be added to gal fund. How would it NOT pay off?

Zotnam 7 May 2010 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3192018)
So if you have a 1man galaxy, he cant doante res to gal fund, and then donate it back to himself?
50mil from alliance.
75mil from gal fund?

Its not exactly hard to save up 5mil res each and then selfexile out. The res will then be added to gal fund. How would it NOT pay off?

Yes, I am pretty sure of that, if it's possible it's an easy fix anyway, make the planet recieving the donation be under, not equal to the limit.

Not sure where you get those figures, in alliance its a very strict limit based on how many ticks passed (I don't remember the formular) and the limit in gal is 50 mill, even if the gal fund can hold 75 mill total. I should know eh :\

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotnam (Post 3192029)
Yes, I am pretty sure of that, if it's possible it's an easy fix anyway, make the planet recieving the donation be under, not equal to the limit.

Not sure where you get those figures, in alliance its a very strict limit based on how many ticks passed (I don't remember the formular) and the limit in gal is 50 mill, even if the gal fund can hold 75 mill total. I should know eh :\

ok, 50mil then. And after being in the alliance for 1100 ticks, surely u can get a few? :o

Jester 7 May 2010 19:46

Donations and farming are healthy for the game, the negative reaction to them have contributed to the shrinking community. Shut up, you're ruining the game.

Kargool 7 May 2010 20:20

Wishmaster is a former cheater that has gotten closed for his previous actions. And he's trying to take the higher moral ground? Deary me what an epic failure.

Wishmaster 7 May 2010 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool (Post 3192036)
Wishmaster is a former cheater that has gotten closed for his previous actions. And he's trying to take the higher moral ground? Deary me what an epic failure.

Are you fking kidding me?
Are you mentally retarded or just unable to read? Both?

I m not taking a moral ground here at all, I m just asking what would happen if it was done. Seriously man, I fear for all of Norway when we got retards like you. Good thing we got awesome people like me!

And, what actions are you talking about? Plz elaborate man. I know only of one, and that was 5 years ago or so? Not like I m the first to have someone babysit my account while being on vacation, and not like I care.

Mzyxptlk 7 May 2010 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool (Post 3192036)

Pointless ad hominem.

HRH_H_Crab 11 May 2010 11:35

Neither:

whateveryoucangetawaywithitsonlycheatingifyougetcaughtatarion.

Cochese 11 May 2010 16:12

Hasn't this been going on since like r1? Heh.