Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Alliance mail on planet deletion (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196720)

Mzyxptlk 10 Jul 2008 17:36

Alliance mail on planet deletion

Today, my alliance got this mail:

Planetarion HQ One of your alliance members has been deleted Thu, 10 Jul 10:02 Reply Report Delete
Slacker of inHarmony (2:2:11) has been deleted from the Planetarion Universe. The Universe Policing Agency assumed as their offical alliance leaders, you should be first to know. We hope you are not troubled by this news.

---

How the hell am I supposed to know who this was? Deleted planets dont show up on the dumps, and so they don't show up on most alliance tools. Please add ingame alliance nick to this mail.

Benneh 10 Jul 2008 17:39

Re: Alliance mail on planet deletion

yeah sounds good, cant see it being much hassle to put in either.

could be quite simply "...you should be first to know [ally nick] has been deleted. we hope etc"

[insert comedy maybe for denial you should get one about your hc being reset option]

BlueArmy 10 Jul 2008 17:40

well, his nick was slacker. so it was a dead give away!

ElAlan 10 Jul 2008 18:43

-Munin- Information about slacker: Their sponsor is bluearmy. They have 0 invites left.

Is anyone else as shocked as i am??....

Mzyxptlk 30 Aug 2008 16:37

Bumped.

Spritfire 30 Aug 2008 19:01

Your tools should clearly not delete one of your own members just because the dumb does not have the planet anymore.

The mail could of course have the ingame nick. But then again some of your members probably don`t use their normal nicks as ingame nicks. So point is gone.

Fix your tools ;)

Heartless 30 Aug 2008 20:39

You got mz wrong there. The member is not deleted from the tools, it is just that there is no lookup anymore for the planet that got deleted. Which makes it about a gazillion times harder to figure out who got deleted than it should be.

Banned 31 Aug 2008 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritfire (Post 3154394)
Your tools should clearly not delete one of your own members just because the dumb does not have the planet anymore.

They don't. It's possible to look up who was a certain planet on a previous tick, but I haven't added a command for that.

I guess you could argue this is a tools bug as much as a PA bug... except that not all alliances have access to tools. So it's clearly a PA bug.

Quote:

The mail could of course have the ingame nick. But then again some of your members probably don`t use their normal nicks as ingame nicks. So point is gone.
Ah. Incorrect again. At some point someone has had to connect the two, so while we don't have a formal connection, it's easy to figure out who it was based on the ingame nick. Be it Slacker, Pie****er or whatever..

Appocomaster 31 Aug 2008 17:21

This has been done as of pre bump (though thanks for bumping it mz!)

It gives the co-ords, nickname of member, rank of member (member/hc/etc), and a basic reason for them being deleted.

Mzyxptlk 31 Aug 2008 17:40

Quote:

ruler of planet (x:y:z) has been decided to leave the alliance. This is an automated mail to ensure you are aware of their departure. They provided the following reason:

I am leaving because...
Quote:

ruler of planet (x:y:z) has been deleted from the Planetarion Universe. The Universe Policing Agency assumed as their offical alliance leaders, you should be first to know. We hope you are not troubled by this news.
Am I missing something?