Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   More online telly (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189499)

SYMM 28 Jan 2006 11:05

More online telly

Channel 4 have decided to put the first episode of "The IT Crowd" online, which is nice of them.
It's about a company IT department, and isn't awful, despite quite a few old/cliched jokes. If you've got a free 30mins:
http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...tes/I/itcrowd/

Dante Hicks 28 Jan 2006 11:57

Re: More online telly

Someone watch this for me and let me know if it's any good.

Thanks.

Phil^ 28 Jan 2006 12:03

i liked it

Nondescript Human 28 Jan 2006 12:04

Quite good.

Tomkat 28 Jan 2006 12:48

The thing about channel 4 is that it has a lot of good stuff on.

Whoever is in charge of taking bites from the programs and into adverts is a ****ING IDIOT THOUGH.

All their adverts for comedy look completely shit and make me not want to watch them:
Nathan Barley
Peepshow
My Name is Earl
The IT Crowd

All of these programs are quite funny (I haven't seen the IT Crowd), but the adverts are so badly put together, with jokes that aren't funny unless you've watched the whole program.

So I had automatically assumed that this program would be shit, as the advert was.

SYMM 28 Jan 2006 15:11

Im quite surprised that it was advert-free to be honest (happy, of course, but surprised).

I quite like BBC3 and now C4 putting things like this online, as theyre all (manstrokewoman, tittybangbang and now this) good examples of programs that are fairly entertaining, but not worth (as lazy as it sounds) turning on the TV for.
Long may it continue.

Deepflow 28 Jan 2006 16:03

I liked it, I thought it was very very good.

I laughed loudly on a number of occassions.

Cannon_Fodder 28 Jan 2006 16:32

good.

woman is hot

white guy is a spin off of dylan moran though.

jerome 28 Jan 2006 17:00

i second deepflow's sentiments, there was much laughter/enjoyment derived.

meglamaniac 28 Jan 2006 17:33

I heard about this a while ago and watched it as soon as it was available. It's actually pretty good and certainly better than I expected.

Also, good on Channel 4 for actually innovating a little and using the net to their advantage. It's about time broadcasters realised that if they only thought about it, they could both please quite a lot of customers and generate more revenue this way. It makes a nice change from suing them and losing millions in the process.

Tomkat 28 Jan 2006 20:34

I expect that in a year or so they'll have adverts on the show, when they realise it draws in just as many punters as the TV does. For the moment it's ace.

Yahwe 28 Jan 2006 21:00

viva the online tv revolution!!

pig 28 Jan 2006 22:09

its enjoyable indeed and like yahwe said viva the online tv revolution, its great being able to watch stuff like in the thick of it and man stroke woman etc

IncubusGod 29 Jan 2006 07:44

Its crap, crap crap crap crap.

The woman is hot.

It's written in part by one of the guys who wrote father ted, thats why there's a crazy mad Irish man in it.

It's awful, she's hot but that's not enough to make it funny....

the_dastardley_chihuahua 29 Jan 2006 09:49

it was ok, standard traditional sitcom really. i will probably watch it. still, cant believe those channel 4 bastards are not going to recommision another series of peep show :(

Ste 29 Jan 2006 23:31

two things I noticed:
The girl looks like the main girl in Anamnesis.
One of the main guys looks like Jerome...

Appocomaster 29 Jan 2006 23:46

online TV is very problematic.
It's a lot harder to get enough bandwidth to meet demand for popular TV than to put it out over already existing tv broadcasting waves where you broadcast it from x places and everyone within a certain area can view it.

The only way I can think of doing it would be some weird torrent-style semi delayed one :s

Ste 9 Feb 2006 21:56

Episode 3 should be called CLOWNSHOES
(I laughed a few times at it)

I still think moss looks like Jerome

SYMM 9 Feb 2006 22:01

I don't like the fact that they've seemingly DRM'd the latest episode, had to resort to 'other means' to watch it :(

pig 9 Feb 2006 22:14

if you get the link of it, it will be something like mmr://channel4.cometcetcetc open up wmp go to open url, put the link in and instead of mmr put in http://etcetc

SYMM 9 Feb 2006 22:16

I don't have wmp on linux, and mplayer wouldn't load it. I heard of it being UK-restricted now too, so they've been doing things :(

pig 10 Feb 2006 02:11

ye its uk restricted ;/

Phil^ 10 Feb 2006 03:07

its also drm'd but about 30-40 mins after someone noticed that, a torrent was up with the drm stripped :)