Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Joined separate but departing together (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=167141)

SpazMonster 17 Jul 2003 16:57

Joined separate but departing together

Well its been a long and eventful ride. Dovey and I have been playing this game for a good long while now. While Dovey and I have both been playing since round 3, we actually 'met' during one of my political tirades during pre-round 5 beta. It is an interesting, if not inappropriate story I assure you. Lets just say it had something to do with me (unaware Dovey was female) telling her to do certain acts in an effort to agitate. A friendship sprung forth from there (after profuse apologies for talking to her like that) and eventually it grew into something more. And here we are together.

Our PA 'careers' have pretty much run the gamut. We both worked our ways through and up in some notable alliances. Dovey got me started by getting me into ViruS in round 6. Round 6 was indeed interested being in c24 and making contacts that I would keep up till now. It also showed me how cliquish PA can be and really reminded me a lot of high school in a lot of ways, although with the age and maturity level here I guess I should have seen that one coming.

Round 7 I left for bigger and better things (Fury) while she stayed loyal to ViruS and worked up the chain of command there. Round 7 we played with some of our best friends from planetarion and participated in possibly the best cohesive galaxy ever, unexpectedly winning round 7 at the very last tick. Dovey ended up t25 and myself, t20.

Round 8 Dovey played for ViruS again, coordinating a battlegroup and assisting in day-to-day operations, while I idled out as a RaH officer occasionally handling a few defense calls or an attack here or there.

At the start of round 9 we both got involved with Olympians on a whim, not really knowing anyone there very well at all. It turned out to be one of the best decisions we had ever made regarding PA. I have never worked with a more mature group of individuals in this game. It was such a joy and comfort to work with Olympians. We both were promoted for R9.5 - Being US central time-zone I ended up handling the 'witching hour' for defense, and not to brag (ok maybe it is to brag) but I don't recall a single ship or roid lost under my supervision because of our stellar member support and Dovey's assistance with scans and offloading def calls in stressful times. Somehow they saw fit to promote my sorry ass again, this time to command. It was great fun to help out with things internal and external to the alliance. I only hope I was able to put back what they gave me as an alliance.

I just want to thank everyone for being here, and being part of this game, because the truth of the matter is, without you, it wouldn't be the same. We have both thoroughly enjoyed our time here, we just think its time to get on with our lives and move on to more productive ways to spend our time, with Dovey moving here within the next year and all.

Anyway... Thanks again,

Deven and Dovey signing off.

Colt 17 Jul 2003 17:05

gl in the future

Everyone seems to be leaving at the same time :-(

Sjor 17 Jul 2003 17:06

GL /me fluffles ya and ty for beeing so nice to me

Tweakster 17 Jul 2003 17:11

One could be inclined to look at that post as being long Deven, but I wonder how you got 6+ rounds of spending at least 8 hours (ok, during round 7 maybe more like 14/15) a day into such a short burst.

Enjoy life post-pa (I know I have the last few months) and make sure Dovey knows I was only joking about the beard thing ( Hi Dovey :-) ).

Don't be a stranger,
Mike

SpazMonster 17 Jul 2003 17:15

Quote:

Originally posted by Tweakster
One could be inclined to look at that post as being long Deven, but I wonder how you got 6+ rounds of spending at least 8 hours (ok, during round 7 maybe more like 14/15) a day into such a short burst.

Enjoy life post-pa (I know I have the last few months) and make sure Dovey knows I was only joking about the beard thing ( Hi Dovey :-) ).

Don't be a stranger,
Mike

I didn't want to drone on too much :-) I won't be on irc much/ever.. We'll talk on aim (get bf1942 :-P)

Dreadnought 17 Jul 2003 17:33

Bye

KoeN 17 Jul 2003 17:46

cya and gl.

HobbieRogue4 17 Jul 2003 18:01

You were SpazMonster?! FS Deven, heh.

GL to the both of you. :)

das_experiment 17 Jul 2003 18:21

Quote:

Originally posted by SpazMonster
I didn't want to drone on too much :-) I won't be on irc much/ever.. We'll talk on aim (get bf1942 :-P)

bf 1942 owns :D

Sorry to see you two go, i dont know yuo very well, while i know Dovey a bit.

Hope real life brings you just as much 'victory' as p.a gave you(or more ;) )

MrL_JaKiri 17 Jul 2003 19:22

:rolleyes:huggles:rolleyes:

Norseman 17 Jul 2003 19:42

Proud to have been c24 ;)

Gl to both of you

kyrealean 17 Jul 2003 19:43

glad to have met u during Rd7 etc.

good luck out there in teh RL. Hope everything goes well.

Maddix 17 Jul 2003 19:52

Shame to see you go mate, PA needs more people like you around, especially now moving into the 'new era'.

Was great being able to spend a round (and a very succesful one) in a galaxy with you, was definately my most enjoyable round and even getting to meet you in real life - you will be missed.

Good luck in everything you do and hopefully I'll see you again at some point.

hyfe 17 Jul 2003 20:19

'Best DC there was'

I'm one of the few people who actually voted 'yes' to exile Deven from a gal :p

HOPupNdown 17 Jul 2003 20:52

wtf!
that comes as an unpleasent surprise :(

Lan 17 Jul 2003 21:46

i dont know you deven but i know dovey a bit (meet during r5 beta too) she is a really nice person

hf in rl and gl to both of you

CrazyConrad 17 Jul 2003 22:58

Quote:

Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
You were SpazMonster?! FS Deven, heh.

heh, can say the same :)

It was a pleasure meeting and working with both of you.
Both of you will be really missed and please come back sometime and say hello :)

PuppetS 17 Jul 2003 23:53

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me Waves goodbye to Dovey and Deven

I will definetly miss ya Dovey, you made my time in Virus and Olympians very enjoyable. You r0x0r.

Deven just met you this round but you r0x0r too. Very good work as a DC and saved my ass a couple fo times.

/me huggles you both goodbye

Have fun

BLACK_OPPS 17 Jul 2003 23:59

have fun ya crazy american

PS DONT HAVE KIDS

ParraCida 18 Jul 2003 00:55

Shame to see you both go, but I'm sure I'll see you on IRC from time to time deven :)

One_Darling 18 Jul 2003 02:07

hey guys I will really miss you all.
waves and sends you all a hug

Dovey

Kileman 18 Jul 2003 02:13

You guys rock @_@

gl with wherever life leads you :)
________
Herbal health shop

*Re-Action* 18 Jul 2003 02:45

Ahh man this suks :( who is going to arrange my def now at the weee hours of the morning :D

O well, good playing with you 2, have fun, take care !!

Me !!

MAdnRisKy 18 Jul 2003 03:19

Not quite sure what to say.
But I'm glad both of you signed on for "that" little project this round, it wouldn't have worked without you (still remains my most favourite channel ever). Don't either of you dare disappear on me, as much risk action is required :)

Baco 18 Jul 2003 03:40

What can I say?
I was a pleasure to have both of u in Oly. I hope to see u guys in IRC from times to time (Despite what u say Deven)

GL for u 2 and little Larissa ;)

Hala 18 Jul 2003 05:26

Never talked to Deven so not much to say, but I'll certinally miss dovey. Learned alot from you in rd8 and gl to you both :)

Desse 18 Jul 2003 07:35

Good luck in RL and I wish you all the happiness possible.

It has been a pleasure working with both of you in making Olympians an alliance for the mature players.

I hope you will both drop by from time to time so we can share "retirement" stories.

cypher 18 Jul 2003 09:12

bye deven:) you're an ok guy actually:)

hydridia 18 Jul 2003 15:35

sad

only knew dovey but sad times to lose a great person like that.. hope you have a great rl and enjoy some other stuff :D

Som1 18 Jul 2003 17:33

later and be happy together

:banana: Look at my titties! :banana:

HRS 18 Jul 2003 19:15

oi! don't you dare leaving IRC and all that!

gl with rl or whatever you are going to do (cba to read the post, sorry;))

Sad 18 Jul 2003 20:51

:( sad day but well RL > pa
Anyway i knew u both knew Dovey from r4 P13 and i knew Deven from Fury r7 both were nice friends of mine and will clearleh by missed !

Mit 18 Jul 2003 22:01

Nice to have played with u both last round, even if there was a few internal gal 'problems'. Known Dovey for 4 or so rounds now, spent many an hour chatting.

Hope you'll both be on IRC still for a chat. :)

I'll miss the 4am "Incoming" texts from you Dovey. Many a night u woke me up... probably annoyed my room m8 too, oh well, he'll survive.

Wish u both the best, Have fun and enjoy life :)

*notices the ball and chain stopping him leaving PA* maybe one day, i might do the same :)

One_Darling 19 Jul 2003 04:14

Tim your so silly it was not because we are making a life together that we are leavin. It was alot of things and good reasons :) healthy career for me new home business thats taking off well and so on . I will always come on irc I love you guys too much to leave everything behind yet :)

Dovey

Smokeh 19 Jul 2003 10:54

Take care you two :)

Sirad 19 Jul 2003 12:46

cya you 2, we've known one another for quite some time and was fun,

and deven I slept with your wife before you did ;)

hmm some time next year we should look at a pa meet prehaps the Quebec winter carnival would be a good place to go its a nice party atmosphere from what I've heard and theres allways lots of drink :).

One_Darling 19 Jul 2003 15:52

Quote:

Originally posted by sirad

and deven I slept with your wife before you did ;)

your a brat you make it sound BAD laughs if you want to be technical I slept with empress too lol.

This Time next yr I will be livin in missouri so I don't think we will be driving 20 hrs to go to quebec :down:

I am assuming your comment means your coming back to canada?

Aaranaf 20 Jul 2003 03:09

cya Deven... had a lot of faith in you while you were ViruS, i was sad to see ya go.

you too Dovey, i knew you better then Deven, and i, now regrettfully in retrospect, wish i had kept in contact with you after you went on your own way to olympians as well :)

have a good life you two... Dovey often bragged to me how lucky she is to have ya Deven ;)

PSI^SeXeH 21 Jul 2003 03:31

well matt and shan, i am glad you met but matt, you failed to mention your most memorable round 5 gal =D
well good luck to you both and may you have kids soon so i will only be 18 yrs older than her :rolleyes:

Psi_K 21 Jul 2003 03:52

Sad to see you two go.
Was fun with you guys this round.
Shan, I'll have to come visit ya sometime.

Anyway, wish you two the best.
:bunny: :banana: :bunny:

Jackal2112 21 Jul 2003 04:42

GL in real life and GL together, hope all works out well ;)

Sirad 21 Jul 2003 08:42

Quote:

Originally posted by One_Darling

I am assuming your comment means your coming back to canada? [/b]
sitting in fredericton at the moment ;)

Mi5 21 Jul 2003 16:03

You'll be missed Dev m8, you rawk

One_Darling 22 Jul 2003 06:38

Quote:

Originally posted by sirad
sitting in fredericton at the moment ;)
Adam when did you get back here and you never told me
You and Psi will all have to come see me before im made american :)

QazokRouge5 23 Jul 2003 06:04

never really liked you or dovey too much..

but i respect you.

You two are a shining example in the darkness of PA - showing that you can overcome hardships and even develop more as a person.

As I am leaving pa myself, I just want you two to know how much everyone looks towards you two as rolemodels.

good luck with your future.

Wrath of Azure 23 Jul 2003 06:42

bye

DusteMikkelRev 23 Jul 2003 23:02

Bye Bye Dovey & Deven

Didnt really see much of Deven...
But Dovey I know. You are a wonderful person and speaking to you is always a pleasure, great thing we both ended in p13 \o/

Good luck with your lives and be sure to say hello sometime.

Hugs from Frikkeh

Scoot951 25 Jul 2003 20:38

gl to both of you, was a pleasure working with Dovey in R8. :)

I would've noticed this sooner but I didn't know who Spazmonster was :p

SpazMonster 25 Jul 2003 21:46

Seems alot of people didnt :)

NEWSBOT3 25 Jul 2003 21:53

oi

cya's and good luck :)