Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   So structure defence (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201120)

vuLgAr 26 Feb 2016 23:19

So structure defence

with the ability to be immune to such ships is it not about time we had some that could actually travel at an ETA that's a bit more reasonable? :salute:

Recluse 26 Feb 2016 23:21

Re: So structure defence

I fully agree. If pods come in all classes now I think SKs should as well. It's only logical.

Mzyxptlk 26 Feb 2016 23:53

The main problem I have with SKs is that the way they're currently implemented doesn't actually make the game more interesting. If we put SKs in roiding classes, then everyone will always make 10% SD, and then SKing might as well not exist.

I think that the game should encourage the feeling that SKing is something you do in extreme cases only. There are only 3 reasons you'd refrain from SKing:
1) There's an unwritten community 'rule': thou shalt SK only those who have been naughty in my sight.
2) You can't. You don't have the research, your target has SD, you don't have SKs.
3) SKing someone also hurts you in some way.

We already have reason 2 ingame. Reason 1 is all well and good, but doesn't really do anything concrete. That leaves us with 3.

SKing should come out of your roid cap. You want to kill that guy? Fine, but you can't also roid him. Pick one. Every X% of structures you kill reduces your roidcap by Y%, for some X and Y.

With that feature implemented, there's no barrier to bringing SKs into the roiding fleets, and SD can either be removed (as if that'll ever happen), or weakened, since people will no longer be going around SKing willy-nilly.

Patrikc 26 Feb 2016 23:56

Excellent suggestion, Mz.

I'm not a fan of 'destructive gameplay' at all (killing others without any gain for yourself), so I've wanted to make SKs exclusively used in wars, but this would achieve more or less the same goal where you sacrifice something to destroy someone's structures so you have to use it sparsely.

darkzidane 27 Feb 2016 01:36

Well we've had fi res stealer as part of zik roiding fleets not that long ago. On the rare occasions we see fr/de sk but once again it's limited in that most stats makers have it so you need siege to prod sk. There's so many ways to counter sk now what harm can it do to have fi/co based sk? You would need so many to do any damage when compared to cr/bs you wouldn't even be able to fake it

vuLgAr 27 Feb 2016 02:41

I agree they totally don't make the game more interesting but without wanting to sound too hipster the meta is where it's at :banana:

also I'm not sure I agree that they should be used in extreme cases only either, isn't this game supposed to be about war? and not about mutual agreements between alliance hc's and old friends from past rounds that don't really matter anymore?

id just find it entirely garbage that I can build ships that can hinder a planet but not get to use them due to classes and politics

Nitros 27 Feb 2016 12:10

What about stealing structures?

darkzidane 27 Feb 2016 13:56

Don't think that could work due to the max cap on structures like FC. Also doubt the game mechanics could handle it. The math behind it would be crazy at a guess but I'm no good with math and formula so maybe it could be possible....
Would be interesting to find some different mechanics to either make sk more viable or something different and interesting

ArcChas 27 Feb 2016 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitros (Post 3249220)
What about stealing structures?

Why not? After all, it's not that hard to imagine a few of my ships wrenching a building off its foundations, hauling it into orbit and then into a wormhole after which it will miraculously arrive (undamaged) at my homeworld where I will be able to lower it into position and start using it.

Even I might have a little trouble suspending my disbelief that much.

Appocomaster 4 Mar 2016 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3249180)
The main problem I have with SKs is that the way they're currently implemented doesn't actually make the game more interesting. If we put SKs in roiding classes, then everyone will always make 10% SD, and then SKing might as well not exist.

I think that the game should encourage the feeling that SKing is something you do in extreme cases only. There are only 3 reasons you'd refrain from SKing:
1) There's an unwritten community 'rule': thou shalt SK only those who have been naughty in my sight.
2) You can't. You don't have the research, your target has SD, you don't have SKs.
3) SKing someone also hurts you in some way.

We already have reason 2 ingame. Reason 1 is all well and good, but doesn't really do anything concrete. That leaves us with 3.

SKing should come out of your roid cap. You want to kill that guy? Fine, but you can't also roid him. Pick one. Every X% of structures you kill reduces your roidcap by Y%, for some X and Y.

With that feature implemented, there's no barrier to bringing SKs into the roiding fleets, and SD can either be removed (as if that'll ever happen), or weakened, since people will no longer be going around SKing willy-nilly.

This is a nice idea which we might look at in the future :)

vuLgAr 8 Mar 2016 19:53

Main changes

-SKs can now only be launched at alliances you are at war with - unallied planets cannot launch fleets with SKs in. Warning notes will let users understand this.

------------------------

so ya nerfed em even more and then denied solo planets the ability to use them atal... WP GG KK THX :salute:

Pit 9 Mar 2016 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by vuLgAr (Post 3249864)
denied solo planets the ability to use them atal...

Unless they spend 30 seconds creating an alliance and declaring a war.

Kaiba 9 Mar 2016 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pit (Post 3249917)

Which would ruin their counting score if they wanted to join an alliance later on. Making them a less appealing recruit

vuLgAr 14 Sep 2016 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pit (Post 3249917)

did that this round for shits and giggles, i can say it did not benefit my planet in anyway the few roids i had were swiftly taken (thanks in part to the you declared war now the enemy has all your co-ords dafuq is that about?) and the sk's did not land, maybe just remove fleet from the game and allow :up: Likes only or something, i mean thats what were moving towards yeah? a social network rather than a war game :salute: