Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   R57 gossip thread (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200472)

BloodyButcher 5 Jun 2014 00:54

R57 gossip thread

So whats the latest rumours?
I heard allies allready have been napping up

Blue_Esper 5 Jun 2014 07:37

Re: R57 gossip thread

Winter is coming.

gzambo 5 Jun 2014 08:49

The mountain that rides has killed the red viper, he crushed his head like an overripe melon

Paisley 5 Jun 2014 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3232038)
Winter is coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3232039)
The mountain that rides has killed the red viper, he crushed his head like an overripe melon

http://www.talktofrank.com/

fortran 5 Jun 2014 14:01

There was a rumour Cristiano Ronaldo would be cut and his injury was caused by witchcraft, but it seems at least he will be able to attend the second phase of the WC.

Also, exile system worked the way it was supposed to work imo.

Clouds 5 Jun 2014 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortran (Post 3232043)
Also, exile system worked the way it was supposed to work imo.

Have you ended up in Deras' galaxy yet? :salute:

fortran 5 Jun 2014 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3232046)
Have you ended up in Deras' galaxy yet? :salute:

Exactly. Way more difficult. Despite that, admins managed to implement a feature that hinders the ones they are aiming without ****ing everyone else. It is something to be praised.

Plaguuu 5 Jun 2014 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortran (Post 3232048)
Exactly. Way more difficult. Despite that, admins managed to implement a feature that hinders the ones they are aiming without ****ing everyone else. It is something to be praised.

Plenty of gals that feel ****ed with planets that isnt playing but you have to wait 200 ticks to exile, this exile system just makes teh random factor of gal strength even larger.

Kaiba 5 Jun 2014 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaguuu (Post 3232049)
Plenty of gals that feel ****ed with planets that isnt playing but you have to wait 200 ticks to exile, this exile system just makes teh random factor of gal strength even larger.

From what i gathered it was 100 ticks now not 200.

Actually by randomising which tick you go on is perfect, this is actually what was suggesting part by myself and others a few months back. Making exiles happen as part of the tick stops you skipping the n00bs and the randomiser kills people trying to manipulate the galaxy eligibility when they exile.

Actually have to say well done PA Team i think you have actually fixed the issue.

Plaguuu 5 Jun 2014 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3232050)

Actually by randomising which tick you go on is perfect, this is actually what was suggesting part by myself and others a few months back. Making exiles happen as part of the tick stops you skipping the n00bs and the randomiser kills people trying to manipulate the galaxy eligibility when they exile.

Actually have to say well done PA Team i think you have actually fixed the issue.

You have exiled someone from the galaxy twice in the last 200 ticks. You can next exile someone at tick 273.

TheoDD 6 Jun 2014 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3232050)

I've already seem to have found a bug around this.

Paisley 6 Jun 2014 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoDD (Post 3232053)

care to elaborate?

TheoDD 6 Jun 2014 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3232054)
care to elaborate?

i'll tell appoco, but due to reason of suspect of abuse i won't publically

Paisley 6 Jun 2014 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoDD (Post 3232056)
i'll tell appoco, but due to reason of suspect of abuse i won't publically

Pos rep in the post

Kaiba 6 Jun 2014 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoDD (Post 3232053)

I would be interested to hear how adding another randomiser has made people to get around it

eksero 6 Jun 2014 13:55

life always finds a way ;)

Master 7 Jun 2014 12:55

I heard rumours that ult had avoidance agreements with faceless and black flag for hitting there top gals, plus a few alliances have claimed they had incoming from both ult and bf on the same nights. Hitting a couple of member heavy gals. Dunno if anyone finds that interesting or not just thought I'd post a pa gossip

eksero 7 Jun 2014 13:05

I'm guessing you got this from CT, who were upset that they had received a grand total of 70 fleets from ult and 70 from BF the first week... the horror :(

Master 7 Jun 2014 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3232064)
I'm guessing you got this from CT, who were upset that they had received a grand total of 70 fleets from ult and 70 from BF the first week... the horror :(

To be fair the joint attacking rumour came from a couple of allies, the avoidance rumour agreements came from bf and faceless members.

eksero 7 Jun 2014 14:05

Well we haven't joint attacked with anyone, early on you're bound to get piggied and so on ;)

BloodyButcher 7 Jun 2014 18:08

Well its quite obvious that the avoidance agreement between BF and Ult will stagnate this round pretty soon anyway

eksero 7 Jun 2014 18:26

why's that?

BloodyButcher 8 Jun 2014 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3232071)
why's that?

Clearly you did not see the result of last round, when Spore and Vikings decided to kill the round if early with their deal?
Quite hillarious

Kaiba 8 Jun 2014 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3232073)
Clearly you did not see the result of last round, when Spore and Vikings decided to kill the round if early with their deal?
Quite hillarious

Sorry but just no.

The round was not killed by Spore and Vikings, it was killed by the other 6-7 alliance who decided to leave Spore without any incs of note until tick 800 and instead target Vikings who never had any chance of winning.

Last round was a joke of how scared alliances are to act and do whats right instead of looking after ranks.

Forest 8 Jun 2014 08:43

Indeed, kaiba talks sense.

If it is true there are four clear options.

1) Go after Ult hard. The risk being you roid them fast and then have to switch and end up with a dangerous ult with big fleets and no roids.

2) Go after BF hard. You end up with same scenario as #1. Both 1 and 2 will ensure BF/Ult work together for rest of round.

3) My favourite, split into 2 teams. One team hit Ult, one team hit BF and keep doing so. They will get roided slower but it will pin them down and they will slowly but surely get overtaken. This is a tactic I have used a few times since R1 when dealing with multiple enemies, as long as the person organising it does it properly (and keeps all the info of which alliances are hitting who, on his hard drive and nowehere else, can be very effective, but it us also time consuming).

4) Count BF and ULT as one target, put up joint targetting and let alliances all pick from the same spreadsheet.

That said, that above is only if this is a true long-term deal. I think my KIA must be wrong, it is telling me it is only tick 200 and people are still random gal raiding

Cain 8 Jun 2014 10:55

You suggest tactics that require some form of effort. Option 3 being the one that is just impossible, alliances haven't worked together like that since ~20 rounds ago.

Any alliance that is around right now will just galraid, going to war is not rewarding since your alliancemembers will pussy out and just go inactive after losing 1 or 2 ticks of roids.

The only way pa is played now is just nap as much as possible and avoid targetting eachother.

Forest 8 Jun 2014 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 3232078)
Option 3 being the one that is just impossible, alliances haven't worked together like that since ~20 rounds ago.

That tactic has been used several times over the past 10 rounds. Admittedly in not as much detail, and it was delegated out more, but I would even say it has been the main tactic used over the past few rounds.

eksero 8 Jun 2014 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Quite hillarious

I don't see how two alliances agreeing not to hit eachothers forts will stagnate the round

Blue_Esper 8 Jun 2014 12:09

if it makes you feel better there is collusion between p3nguins and CT also so surely the same could be said for them no?

booji 8 Jun 2014 13:26

If there is collusion between CT and p3n it has not been mentioned to the p3n members - and the members have so far voted against having any naps.

BloodyButcher 8 Jun 2014 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 3232078)
You suggest tactics that require some form of effort. Option 3 being the one that is just impossible, alliances haven't worked together like that since ~20 rounds ago.

Any alliance that is around right now will just galraid, going to war is not rewarding since your alliancemembers will pussy out and just go inactive after losing 1 or 2 ticks of roids.

The only way pa is played now is just nap as much as possible and avoid targetting eachother.

Going to war is profitable in the long run for most allies.
Look at allies like Ult/App/Spore, they have been going to wars with no worries, and theyve been fairly succsefull compared to alliances like Vikings, TheFallen, dS etc etc. who have been to worried about winning some populary contest.

lokken 8 Jun 2014 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest (Post 3232076)
Indeed, kaiba talks sense.

If it is true there are four clear options.

1) Go after Ult hard. The risk being you roid them fast and then have to switch and end up with a dangerous ult with big fleets and no roids.

2) Go after BF hard. You end up with same scenario as #1. Both 1 and 2 will ensure BF/Ult work together for rest of round.

3) My favourite, split into 2 teams. One team hit Ult, one team hit BF and keep doing so. They will get roided slower but it will pin them down and they will slowly but surely get overtaken. This is a tactic I have used a few times since R1 when dealing with multiple enemies, as long as the person organising it does it properly (and keeps all the info of which alliances are hitting who, on his hard drive and nowehere else, can be very effective, but it us also time consuming).

4) Count BF and ULT as one target, put up joint targetting and let alliances all pick from the same spreadsheet.

That said, that above is only if this is a true long-term deal. I think my KIA must be wrong, it is telling me it is only tick 200 and people are still random gal raiding

I think it's better to isolate one enemy and utterly destroy them than divide effort, particularly early in the game, when you have an opportunity to not just beat them but take them out of the race for #1. If you have flak alliances you might want to use them for pinning down other alliances, but this is probably a bit of a luxury with so few planets.

Sustained pressure will generally break an opponent in the end, and eventually you should have one less enemy to deal with. The exception of course is Ultores, who may always decide to turn around and fight you to the duration. It's fairly extreme, but their attitude is pretty admirable.

I've generally been anti-fencing, and while it's effective, I just don't see a reason for it now. There are 800 planets or so. There is not that much at stake. You might as well enjoy the game instead of playing to just accumulate.

Kaiba 8 Jun 2014 16:50

What if you enjoy the accumulation tho?? Not everyone enjoys attacking. Some people like slow and steady a d good defence.

I'm almost lolling at #3. Very few alliances beat Ultores when they are all on them. The idea of diluting this offensive to piss off the 2 main alliances is comical and will just get you owned when the tide turns.

BloodyButcher 8 Jun 2014 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3232085)
What if you enjoy the accumulation tho?? Not everyone enjoys attacking. Some people like slow and steady a d good defence.

I'm almost lolling at #3. Very few alliances beat Ultores when they are all on them. The idea of diluting this offensive to piss off the 2 main alliances is comical and will just get you owned when the tide turns.

Why would BF allie up with ult?
Its fcking comical tbfh, and it will be their downfall

Forest 8 Jun 2014 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3232085)

It isn't beating ult that is the prob (they get 'beat' every round).

The problem is beating them too quickly, then having no targets.

Forest 8 Jun 2014 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken (Post 3232084)
I think it's better to isolate one enemy and utterly destroy them than divide effort, particularly early in the game, when you have an opportunity to not just beat them but take them out of the race for #1.

This is the problem with PA.

Ulterly destroy an alliance and the attitude is 'well you beat us so we will just side with whoever is hitting you and stop you winning'.

lokken 8 Jun 2014 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest (Post 3232088)
This is the problem with PA.

Ulterly destroy an alliance and the attitude is 'well you beat us so we will just side with whoever is hitting you and stop you winning'.

Don't think it happens all the time, and it's just a risk you take. Ultores were willing to do it once, last round they didn't because others were trying to freeride off it again, and they weren't having any of it. And arguably the better option is to negotiate a peace before you get destroyed, and try get in the game later on. Even then, your enemies are likely to stay your enemies if they consider you rivals.

gzambo 8 Jun 2014 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by booji (Post 3232082)
If there is collusion between CT and p3n it has not been mentioned to the p3n members - and the members have so far voted against having any naps.

Then you better speak to whichever hc is requesting naps ingame

Paisley 8 Jun 2014 21:18

My 2 CT gal mates got P3ng incs (none landed) last night I dont think there is an avoidance agreement unless something has happened today?

booji 8 Jun 2014 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3232090)
Then you better speak to whichever hc is requesting naps ingame

my comment was correct at the time of it being posted, it would be no longer :rolleyes:

Kaiba 8 Jun 2014 22:13

Forest likes to talk the talk but tbh his beloved Spore and really none of the main 3 alliances playing now have beaten the real Ultores. Everyone takes great pride in saying they downed them but they haven't played since rd 49 and that was the end of a 6 round winning streak which took a inspired Irvine led fang to stop.

I have been lucky enough exile into an ult fort this round and seeing one of their hc team talking I think they maybe be the strongest they have been for 8 rounds, not 100%... But maybe 85%, let's see what happens and I hope whatever does they fight for it and put some shouty people in their place

BloodyButcher 8 Jun 2014 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3232093)
Forest likes to talk the talk but tbh his beloved Spore and really none of the main 3 alliances playing now have beaten the real Ultores. Everyone takes great pride in saying they downed them but they haven't played since rd 49 and that was the end of a 6 round winning streak which took a inspired Irvine led fang to stop.

I have been lucky enough exile into an ult fort this round and seeing one of their hc team talking I think they maybe be the strongest they have been for 8 rounds, not 100%... But maybe 85%, let's see what happens and I hope whatever does they fight for it and put some shouty people in their place

Its pretty easy for Ult to say that the Ult that has failed to win any round since r48.
I remeber Ult also downplayed the capabilties of FAnG R49, and that they had a round off that round aswell.

eksero 8 Jun 2014 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Its pretty easy for Ult to say that the Ult that has failed to win any round since r48.
I remeber Ult also downplayed the capabilties of FAnG R49, and that they had a round off that round aswell.

We haven't been good since r45 or something, maybe this round will be different, we'll see!

BloodyButcher 9 Jun 2014 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3232097)
We haven't been good since r45 or something, maybe this round will be different, we'll see!

So using Kaibas argument with what you are saying, you could say the good ultores or the real ultores is unbeaten this far?

Kaiba 9 Jun 2014 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3232098)
So using Kaibas argument with what you are saying, you could say the good ultores or the real ultores is unbeaten this far?

Why try and twist everything??

I'm saying that up until rd 49 ultores were better than the rest by quite a streak but winning 6 rounds takes its toll, especially on drive to perform. Fang deservedly winning rd 49 was just the straw that broke the camels back for ultores then. As eksero says they had been on the wain since rd 45 it's just the rest of alliances were so far behind that even as they dropped off from their peak they were still ahead of the rest.

They have dicked about for 8 rounds now and probably have got a bit of desire back so I guess we''ll see how far they go. I imagine if they sense the win tho then they will go for the throat....

BloodyButcher 9 Jun 2014 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3232099)
Why try and twist everything??

I'm saying that up until rd 49 ultores were better than the rest by quite a streak but winning 6 rounds takes its toll, especially on drive to perform. Fang deservedly winning rd 49 was just the straw that broke the camels back for ultores then. As eksero says they had been on the wain since rd 45 it's just the rest of alliances were so far behind that even as they dropped off from their peak they were still ahead of the rest.

They have dicked about for 8 rounds now and probably have got a bit of desire back so I guess we''ll see how far they go. I imagine if they sense the win tho then they will go for the throat....

If they were so competent R45 why did they enter the round preblocked? R46 and R47 you could say they won by "politics" as the other top alliances decidef not to stop the round at pt700 and settle for #2.
I remember that Ultores trolls kept underlinkng it was not the "real ultores" that we had beaten r49, yet it was the hardest ultores FAnG ever faced, and FAnG were the best they ever had been that round also.

Downplaying others sucsess is pretty lame.

oil 9 Jun 2014 00:58

Kaiba I was genuinely trying to remember why you were the same poster as blue esper in my head and then i remembered it's because of your tireless vocalised arse licking of ultores.

Anyway.. why are spore doing so badly and where did their members go?

SDN 9 Jun 2014 01:25

Rumours say their members decided to leave because Spore only defended their top20 planets for the last 1 1/2 week of last round.

If thats true i dont know.. But Shaz is playing with BF and the other active dc aint playing at all.. so i guess they are more of a social group this round.. they swore to kill of vikings this round for going against them last round tho.. is that the reason vikings has less than 300 roids per planet atm? thats extremly low.. most allies have higher just hours into the game :D

Rumours has it CT/p3ng is forming a coallision tho.. I bet Spore/Newdawn has been asked to do their bidding aswell? so i guess its a standard 3-4 allies on ultrace up until about tick 500-700 where faceless and blackflag will have to cry for help :)

BloodyButcher 9 Jun 2014 01:37

Id would try go for the claim that Spore and Vikings unfair politics would be the reason for their decline this round, allthough it would prolly not be the main reason for spore being smaller.
Lets be fair and say that Vikings have been held artificial alive for what goes for a top alliance since their formation, and if Spore had been putting more effort into this round they would be likely to be killed off early cus of their politics last round.

Clouds 9 Jun 2014 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3232103)
I remember that Ultores trolls kept underlinkng it was not the "real ultores" that we had beaten r49, yet it was the hardest ultores FAnG ever faced, and FAnG were the best they ever had been that round also.

I'm sorry but FAnG had a block behind them the round they beat Ultores.

FAnG were a very competent alliance, but not anywhere near the level of Ultores were.