Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Production Bug (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199717)

[DDK]gm 23 Apr 2012 19:04

Production Bug

PA-Team: Can we use the production bug to attack below our bash limit or to maximize cap/xp and not fear action from the multihunters?

This is a yes/no question.

I think we deserve clarification on this!

Forest 23 Apr 2012 19:14

Re: Production Bug

why was my reply deleted? do i need to post logs?

Reincarnate 23 Apr 2012 19:16

i imagine it was deleted as it had a claim that was quite clearly untrue.

do it again with only the first line and i am sure it'll be fine

Forest 23 Apr 2012 19:19

I have a log showing MH say that exploiting the bug wont be allowed.

I have scans showing a top 5 planet exploiting this bug who has been allowed to get away with it.

What is not true?

Reincarnate 23 Apr 2012 19:23

saying they told you they wont do anything cos he is top 5.

Doffeh 23 Apr 2012 19:25

In terms of definition, intentional (ab)use of anything considered a bug is exploiting, no? Clearly the feature is unintended and unwanted, thus a bug.

TL : DR?
Excuse me while I go make that 1 light factory I now seem to require. Thanks for the tip.

Forest 23 Apr 2012 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3214731)
saying they told you they wont do anything cos he is top 5.

I didnt say they said they wouldnt do anything.

I said they DIDNT do anything

Mzyxptlk 23 Apr 2012 20:08

Man, that news scan on that top 3 planet is awesome. Good on you.

Benneh 23 Apr 2012 20:11

Just attack him and make him prod his res for real.

Simple

Forest 23 Apr 2012 20:17

We could just attack him, but why should we when he was able to steal 10 mill res a day for at least three days by abusing a bug?

This stinks tbh, the more I hear, such as this bug has been around in previous rounds. Is this being used more widely and we are only hearing about it now?

Nitros 23 Apr 2012 20:18

He shouldn't have gotten those res in the first place, as mentioned above.
Gaining a position as he did is -imo- not the way the game is supposed to be played. Regardless if you call it cheating/abusing or not. It is imo unintentional.

Paisley 24 Apr 2012 12:06

can't I say I am surprised with MH and XXXX up in the same thread

Korsan 24 Apr 2012 22:25

Yeah punish people who find ways to gain maximum efficiency by given mechanics. Never blame devs for the errors they made, just close the planet and go on. PA has enough players, we need more draconian rules please.

Shev 24 Apr 2012 22:40

Good to see another exploiting cheater getting dealt with properly, just as your gal was Korsan.

BloodyButcher 24 Apr 2012 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korsan (Post 3214749)
Yeah punish people who find ways to gain maximum efficiency by given mechanics. Never blame devs for the errors they made, just close the planet and go on. PA has enough players, we need more draconian rules please.

fcking h*ll, i dont want players that abuse this shit knowingly without telling in this uni.

Cochese 29 Apr 2012 21:27

What was the bug?

Mzyxptlk 29 Apr 2012 22:06

Since it's fixed now: when you order ships, you gain value from them while they're in production, increasing from value=res/150 (the formula for resources) to value=res/100 (the formula for finished ships), in a linear fashion. Galleons (resource stealers) were added this round, and for some reason beyond my comprehension, they didn't give any value while in production.

Couple of people figured this out and used it to lower their bash limit: spend 50m, wait 1 tick, launch Galleons on unsuspecting newbie, cancel prod: losing a bit of resources on the order, but gaining much more from the land.

As far as I know, the people involved lost the resources they gained this way, but were not deleted.

Cochese 1 May 2012 03:11

Thanks mz, I knew about the value/production change but didn't know how they could possibly "hide" it since the change was implemented (which was a good one imho).

As they say in the construction business, "measure twice, cut once". Test server (beta?!) ftw.

Mzyxptlk 1 May 2012 04:25

This is really only something you notice once you have a tick-by-tick report of your value, ie Sandmans. But since that only runs on the real round...