Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Desse (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199227)

prestel 21 Jan 2011 18:58

Desse

I used to play this game for far too many rounds. On Monday I started to read the forums and was surprised to see so many names around that I remember from the old days. So in a fit of nostalgia i Contacted Desse to see if he would be interested in playing another around. Un fortunately, I was really shocked to receive the following from his wife. I have spoken to her and she has said this is fine to post the following information.

Hello Neil I hope I have reached the right person .
I am sorry to have to tell you that Jørgen passed away this tuesday.

I have had contact with Roy White (who has contact to Ben Tucker also) over Facebook , I have passed on your email adress to him , I know not who else to reach since I do not know your real names or even internet-ID .
I have written a letter to Roy this morning , and want to copy paste it here for you....Here goes :

""""Hello Roy

First off my apologies for any typos - you know how it is when you can't concentrate, I hope the meaning shines through anyway.

I am glad that I could reach you , since this is one of the only things I can do - try to reach out to as many as possible , even if it is terrible news to share , it is important to me in this time that he is being remembered as he was and if people want to attend the funeral this is still the time to tell them when and how.

He was ill the past weeks , since new year , it started with the usual nose and throath irritations and evolved into a pneumonia (supposedly). He was at home and going throught 2 cycles of penicillin , stronger each time, and monday he called the doctor again to check what could be done now since the last batch didn't have to wanted effect. He got some meds with the message that he should be omitted to hospital if these didnt work , either way he should just prepare for hospital.

Tuesday evening he was in the basement having worked from his office laptop and just relaxing with some casual gaming. I was in the living room and heard he went to the toilet to pee, he starts to cough while he urinates , suddenly stops mid-cough and then I hear I a crash.
What follows now is painfully detailed for me and also very much a blur at the same time. All I can say is that he stopped breathing in my arms the same moments the first ambulance man came down the stairs. So it was quick , he did not suffer much.
In all the chaos that is now his brother Lars (Toft) who is also here on facebook , is a very big help. My daughter and I are seeing a counselor / psychologist ... I don't know much else these days , and well whatever happens we have people around us to aid or help and everyone is very helpfull.
Lars and I went past Jørgens job yesterday and they were equally shocked and we had a good talk with them - again the memory you also share of him being a strong insightful person etc shines through. I think this is also why I reach out, to remember him with someone and honour this memory.

I have turned off his computer but thank god know his password for facebook as you can see , I know he has many people on msn , also I have his phone filled with his msn and email also (contact lists) and here I can see ***********@hotmail.com as probably being Neil/prestel
I will copy paste this message to his email and say he can contact me over mail or find contact with you here - I would ask of you to please copy paste this message to Ben and please pass along to all you know who knew Jørgen or ask Ben to do the same.
Sorry now for using any words that are not apropiate but I know little of church rituals with english words - He asked to be cremated , so the church service will be at our local church Lillerød Kirke , here in Allerød on wednesday the 26th of january 2011 , at 11 o'clock. It is not important for any of you to show up , I just write the details so you will know when it happens, the undertaker said 14 days will pass until we go to the cemetary and do the ceremony when his urn is being put in the ground, I do not know anything further about this date but will post the details on his and my facebook wall again when I do

I will try to do the best to check my mail regulary , I will probably contact the facebook staff to freeze his account in a week or two , all else of his online things remains untouched. I can be reached here on facebook or on my email **********@gmail.com
If there is a need to return or send something (i have no idea what so ever) our ...my adress is

Karen *********
Denmark

I will print all the messages from his wall and he will have them with him on his last journey.

Thank you for replying, Bless you.
Karen """

I do not know if you can contact anyone else from "back then" - I just know he visited you and Amanda some times after the "gang meet-ups" and I think it is good for you to know what happened. As I wrote to Roy I don't expect anything , I don't expect for anyone to attend his funeral but I write the details so you can know when it is happening.
Please feel free to contact me as I wrote to Roy , please feel free to pass this message on in any way or shape.
Please remember Desse , and know that he loved you guys very much .
Bless you

So the bigman has left us.Im sure many of you will remember Desse. I was fortunate enough to meet him in R/L get very drunk with him, and to call him a friend. I dont think anyone will have a bad thing to say about Desse he was a great player and genuinly nice guy.

Any comments you would like to add, i will pass them on to his wife so that she can arrange for Desse to take them with him. RIP m8

aNgRyDuCk 21 Jan 2011 20:49

Re: Desse

Very sorry to hear of this. Please know that Desse was well liked by a great many people, and he was well respected here. We will all feel this loss.

"may you have calm seas, a steady breeze, and a clear sky to steer by"

Ace 21 Jan 2011 20:58

Omg this is very sad news.
Desse was a great guy and a gamer.
I wish his wife and daughter all the strength in the world.

He will be missed by a lot of people.

Marka 21 Jan 2011 21:13

R.I.P. Desse

It was an honor to have played with him in Titans and Oly back in the day.
He will be remembered with greatest respect :(

Best wishes to the family in this difficult time.

Judge 21 Jan 2011 21:41

Arrived home this evening from work, and the first thing my wife tells me is about some postings on FB about Desse

I am not a religious person, so it would be more than hypocritical for me to say anything of note in that sense.

But I sincerely hope he has gone to a better place and "his God walks with him"

My sincere condolences to his wife and children.

Judge: aka Stewart a player and friend.

Salminator 21 Jan 2011 21:42

R.I.P Desse

Vem kan segla förutan vind?
Vem kan ro utan åror?
Vem kan skiljas från vännen sin
utan att fälla tårar?
Jag kan segla förutan vind
Jag kan ro utan åror
Men ej skiljas från vännen min
utan att fälla tårar

My thougths go out to his family and friends.

Sal

Korsan 21 Jan 2011 23:04

I wish strength and patience for all those who remain. I remember Desse as a nick but unfortunately not himself - still it's said to read those bad news.
And also a big THANK YOU to Salminator who cares so much about this and made this even heard. I'm sure Desse was happy to get the chance to meet and drink with you.

Paisley 21 Jan 2011 23:27

my thoughts are with his family :(

Zotnam 22 Jan 2011 00:18

Completely in shock right now. Not had much contact with him the last while, but he was one of the people I started playing with back in r4 and played with steadily over the years ever since. A great guy and a great tragedy for his family :(

Kargool 22 Jan 2011 01:28

So sad to hear this news. Desse was a wonderful PA player and a good community member. I will sure miss him a lot. Had the honor of playing with him a few rounds aswell. Can't really farthom that he is gone.

Rest in peace mate.

Mistwraith 22 Jan 2011 08:10

Quote:

Desse
This third candle we light in your memory.
For the times we laughed,
The times we cried,
The times we were angry with each other,
The silly things you did,
The caring and joy you gave us.
from the poem four candles for you

The community will be a poorer place without you in it.
My thoughts, hopes and best wishes are with Desse's family at this time.

Elevator 22 Jan 2011 12:35

RIP desse
Condolences to his family...

lokken 22 Jan 2011 13:04

Desse was an absolutely top drawer player and a good guy, sad to hear this.

Condolences to his family.

MoonLess 22 Jan 2011 13:24

RIP Desse

gzambo 22 Jan 2011 13:35

RIP Desse
was a pleasure playing with you , you will be missed

justa thought it would be nice if they stopped the ticker @11am wed 26th as a mark of respect for him

Banned 22 Jan 2011 16:18

:(

Annie 22 Jan 2011 16:33

This is very sad, Desse was always so nice.

Condolences to his family, your husband/father was a really great person who went out of his way to make others feel welcomed and included.

Desse will be missed! This is so sad

Europatriot 22 Jan 2011 18:13

Did not speak to him for years now I think, but still this news comes as such a shock.
The big guy is gone... It will take some time to sink in.

Will always remember the days at Neil's, will never forget Desse.

Mek 22 Jan 2011 19:41

Although i never got to play in an alliance with Desse, i know that he is such a well respected guy in the community and he will be sorely missed.

R.I.P Desse and my deepest condolences to your family

ComradeRob 22 Jan 2011 23:18

Very sad news.

Condolences to his family.

Bazza[RB] 23 Jan 2011 00:35

So very sorry to hear this sad news. Desse was a great pa player and a really nice guy. Why is the good always die so young - it's just not fair.
Rest in Peace Desse - I'm proud to have played with you.

tulsa 23 Jan 2011 02:56

r i p

Cochese 23 Jan 2011 06:38

One of the finest people I have ever "known" through an online game. It was always a pleasure to play with him, and he displayed incredible character...there was never any "I" or "me" in anything he did or the way he played this game.

I was never able to meet him in person, shake his hand, or buy him a beer. Unfortunately, it seems that was my loss.

Calm seas and fair weather. Be at peace my friend.

OlaTa 23 Jan 2011 17:00

RIP Desse. My condolences to his family.

SantaCruz 23 Jan 2011 17:09

I couldn't imagine losing someone you love. My best wishes to everyone that has felt this loss.
I personally didn't know Desse. I believe from reading these posts, i missed a great person. :(
R.I.P

JonnyBGood 23 Jan 2011 17:30

I don't really like these sorts of threads. Most of the time it's just a bunch of people who didn't know someone that well saying the sorts of things people say in these situations. But I knew desse pretty well and in case someone who knew him in real life does read this thread and wonder what he spent his time doing with a bunch of people on the internet this is who I remember.

I first met desse in r16 when ascendancy was created. The last round we played in the same alliance was r33 and desse was involved in pretty much all of the genuinely interesting things we did in the game. He was someone you could rely on and someone you knew was able to carry the load. He was a top player and a top guy. He was never arrogant like some people can become, and like I know a lot of people think most of ascendancy is. Desse was part of what I imagine most people would describe as the ascendancy core, and I hope that's something, along with the rest of his time playing PA, that he remembered fondly. I will miss knowing there's someone out there that I could always call on if I ever felt the need for a comeback tour. But, most of all, I'll miss my friend.

Heartless 23 Jan 2011 23:26

spudy 24 Jan 2011 13:00

RIP desse
Condolences to his family...

Stoom 25 Jan 2011 01:03

Bah... One of the nicest guys I've ever known over the internet, he was just awesome! :(

rUl3r 25 Jan 2011 19:54

I still don't know what to say. Didn't know Desse half as good as I should have.
Farewell, Mr Unroidable, you'll be missed.

Bashar 25 Jan 2011 21:31

I remember Desse very well from the old days. My memories of him are of a thoroughly decent person who was an absolute pleasure to talk to. He will be sorely missed. I am deeply saddened by this news and my thoughts go out to his family. This is the first time I've seen a thread like this for someone I knew so well, and the first time I've had to fight back tears at the news. Goodbye old friend.

DunkelGraf 26 Jan 2011 13:54

:-( Very sad to hear that

butter 27 Jan 2011 10:56

Desse was quality ... I had contact with him as alliance Hc's on opposite sides of the game and as allies and in both situations he was always honourable.
RIP Desse
Very sad to hear of your passing

Tomkat 28 Jan 2011 13:24

I've found that in life being reliable and dependably are some of the most important things. I have fallen out of touch with old friends who I couldn't rely on to make time and I have less respect for people at work who are less dependable than others.

Desse was both reliable and dependable. If he said he'd do something, he would. This is a big ask in something like Planetarion and I'm sure it transcended into his real life too.

JBG summed it up better than me. Another sad loss for the PA Community.

Cocteau 29 Jan 2011 06:21

First time i've looked at this forum and this is what i saw. :(

One of my very first online "friend" (along with Jester, prestel and Daevyll).

Fond memories during the #ostraka days and figurehead of pr0nstars. Round 6 and round 14 galmate.

A natural ace gamer and a very cool chap who gets along well with everyone.

Sad day for me. :(

Alki 29 Jan 2011 12:58

Top fella, who will be sadly missed, RIP.

Knight Theamion 29 Jan 2011 15:51

At a loss here.

Nadar 30 Jan 2011 16:05

This sucks :(

sHexy 1 Feb 2011 01:06

Wow. I am very saddened to have read this post... the first post I read from PA in many many months. I of course have forgotten my password for my real name so suffice to say Hexy has come to check on you all.

I shared this post with Webangel and he is very sad also. "He was one of the Titan officers along with me." My heart hurts for his family.

I have played games over the years, but nothing still compares to the community of PAers. Not even having met Desse my heart hurts as if I knew him in life, and recently spoke to him.. when indeed I haven't for many years.

I so hope this is the only sad post I read from here on out.

Sirad 4 Feb 2011 00:18

Desse, at peace

As a man I knew you not,
together and against each other we virtually fought
Back end of PA R8 things were great
You, others and I too from VOM, we could not wait
The round ended our friendship had not
Dominance over us the PA Universe sought
The Universe won as it always does
but I won in the end as it forced me to know you cuz
My life is the richer for the little of you I knew
I am so sorry for your family and friends who were close to you
Before I end this as words have ends and I have to go
There is one last stanza I'd like to show

I wish you peace comfort and joy
The spirit lives on as does your DNA and Memory
and I thank your family for allowing you the time to play and be part of my Personal History

Thank you for being a good Human being.
Take care in the ever-after and know you have made a difference.

Quote:

I don't really like these sorts of threads. Most of the time it's just a bunch of people who didn't know someone that well saying the sorts of things people say in these situations. But I knew desse pretty well and in case someone who knew him in real life does read this thread and wonder what he spent his time doing with a bunch of people on the internet this is who I remember.
> I Thank you JBG that was well written

Colt 4 Feb 2011 15:11

Not been on here for a while and this is 1st thing i see :( Sad times

RIP Desse

Spinner 5 Feb 2011 15:09

Rest in peace, Desse.
Much too young, much too soon.

Respectfully
- Spinner

Ave 13 Feb 2011 07:49

Regardless how passionate these games and their communitys may get.
Regardless how bitchy and sarcastic we may be to eachothers at times.
Regardless how immature we may act at times and basicly just ignore all the good manners during our free time.
Regardless how mad they can drive you with their ignorance or sharing a way different view.
Regardless we may have betrayed the trust of another.
Regardless we havent given all the credit and respect some may have deserved.
Regardless how hostile we may have been during acts of ingame combats.

Still its all just game that everyone enjoys to play and specially enjoy the social enviroment that it provides with all its colourfull users and personalities, making it fun to sit here all night long. Atleast I like to think that in the end we are just bunch of people sharing same interests of spending our free times, enjoying to chat to eachothers and eventually basicly know more of eachothers than any of our other friends do.

So such news of a fellow community member passing away is a great shame. I didnt know him personally, but would still like to send my greetings to the mourning wife.

Orion Treet 17 Feb 2011 06:04

RIP Desse

I must admit I don't remember him well, a ghost of times past since I left PA, but the very best to his friends and family, you WILL find a way on without and my condolances to everyone who knew him :crymeariver:

BloodyButcher 15 Mar 2011 01:38

RIP desse.
Time has done a lot to my memory from these online games, how ever i will not forget desse.
Desse was such a guy you would want on your team.
All my condolances to his family and friends.

RexDrax 15 Mar 2011 16:51

Cant say I knew Desse well but I do remember playing with him. Its always sad to hear about someone passing on.

Rest in Peace Desse