Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Football] Brasil vs Ghana (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191400)

eSc0 26 Jun 2006 04:38

[Football] Brasil vs Ghana

This game isn't until tues. but considering I have money on it (GO GHANA:salute: ) I was hoping for some "positive" thoughts into the coming match besides "your *ucked" or laughing :D

so what do you guys think? Who will win? what are Ghana's chances?

Nodrog 26 Jun 2006 07:25

Re: [Football] Brasil vs Ghana

this is getting pretty ridiculous

Ste 26 Jun 2006 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodrog

blame the mods for not merging them all into the "general world cup antics" thread.
Or blame the inactivity of everyone for not making threads or not posting in threads.

I tried and made a few but got shot down... other people should have a go.

wu_trax 26 Jun 2006 09:36

It's only once every 4 years (or 2, if you count the EC), so get over it.

JonnyBGood 26 Jun 2006 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
blame the mods for not merging them all into the "general world cup antics" thread.

I asked what people wanted and the general consensus was have a general world cup thread and allow specific ones on matches and such. However never let it be said I didn't way with the winds of public opinion so feel free to express your views again!

Ste 26 Jun 2006 09:43

hey I don't really mind - I'd prefer having all the seperate threads to be honest...

Anyway, Will Brazil finally show why they were pre-tournament favourites? Will Ghana follow Mexico's example and attack them?
It should be a pretty decent match.

Game^ 26 Jun 2006 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
Will Ghana follow Mexico's example and attack them?

You'd hope so really, given the fact I cant see Ghana shutting Brazil out.

Lets just all hope and prey that Ronaldo continues to play :)

wu_trax 26 Jun 2006 10:01

Brazil is getting stronger, so I dont think Ghana has much of a chance (but then, I put money on the netherlands, so what do I know? :()

roadrunner_0 26 Jun 2006 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodrog

here's a revolutionary thought, if you reply to some of those none football threads, it will put them at the top of the page!

milo 26 Jun 2006 10:05

robinhos out its fatty and the mediocre three for ghana

pig 26 Jun 2006 10:16

I put a fiver on ghana to win the wc at 100/1 at the start of the wc, so guess who I want to win.

JammyJim 26 Jun 2006 15:26

Im not making a seperate subforum just for the world cup. IT would be pretty crap.

However i really want Ghana to win. They are my favorite team after they hammered the Czechs and although id prefer England to go all the way id love it if we met Ghana in the final.

JonnyBGood 26 Jun 2006 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JammyJim
Im not making a seperate subforum just for the world cup. IT would be pretty crap.

However i really want Ghana to win. They are my favorite team after they hammered the Czechs and although id prefer England to go all the way id love it if we met Ghana in the final.

Because they're the only team you have a chance of beating am i rite?

furball 26 Jun 2006 15:36

I'd prefer an England - Germany final. I'm not even sure I'd care who wins - but it would be a great match full of passion, and I'm not talking about the type of passion we saw last night.

Baron Morte 26 Jun 2006 16:13

Brazil's gonna win cos apparently there is an unstoppable aura about it. I cant explain, you gotta see it by yourselves!

sale 26 Jun 2006 16:19

Brazil is the clear favorite, but there has been a lot of surprises...
at least ghana will battle! and i am looking forward to that match.

but germany will win the cup, of course :P

\o/

milo 26 Jun 2006 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Because they're the only team you have a chance of beating am i rite?

at least we qualified :mad:

(ur rite) :(

I quite fancy a ghanian upset now, with no robinho and assuming adriano/kaka/ronaldinho continue to wonder what the tactics are ghana could just sneak it.

Deffeh 26 Jun 2006 23:37

not buying the "robinho is suddenly world class because he's got a great name" thing.

Also, Ghana will go down fighting. and by fighting i mean two footing.

furball 26 Jun 2006 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deffeh
not buying the "robinho is suddenly world class because he's got a great name" thing.

He was excellent when he came on as a substitute against Croatia and Australia, and played well against Japan. He complements Ronaldo/Adriano well, whichever one he plays with. He's probably been the best Brazilian striker in this tournament, although how much that counts for is open to opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deffeh
Also, Ghana will go down fighting. and by fighting i mean two footing.

Yeah probably.

Blastoderm 27 Jun 2006 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by JammyJim

If Ghana win, they can only get to meet England in the semis.

wu_trax 27 Jun 2006 17:55

I'm still not really sure about Brazil. They always seem to do just barely enough to win their games.

ReligFree 27 Jun 2006 17:58

Oh well looks liek we have either Brazil/France/Spain in the semi's. Preferably Spain i spose as France always come good against England, and Brazil id never like to play them. So lets pray.

Brazil game was good, interesting when Ronaldinho went mad at Cafu for not passing. Didnt seem like all was too cozy in the Brazil camp so we'l see how that pans out. Red card for the Ghanian makes it the 25th of the world cup. Amazing

Baron Morte 27 Jun 2006 18:01

La la la 3 nil anothar victory.
Wu what are you talking about?
Italy need a stolen penalty, england fought a lot to make a single fault goal, portugal made literally war on the field for a meagre 1 nil ukraine did no goals even in extra time and argetina played they hearts out for a simple 2x1 against poor mexico!
Brazil comes and imposes a solid 3x0 and thats barely win?
oh come on!

roadrunner_0 27 Jun 2006 18:10

i had a bet on brasil winning by 4 clear goals :( i am now upset to say the least :(

furball 27 Jun 2006 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i had a bet on brasil winning by 4 clear goals :( i am now upset to say the least :(

Whereas I predicted a 3-0 win for Brazil in the prediction league :xmas:

KoeN 27 Jun 2006 19:21

jogo bonito :salute:

Deffeh 27 Jun 2006 21:12

stop being such a nike fanboy, seriously

KoeN 27 Jun 2006 22:04

wilkommen zum fussball.

wu_trax 27 Jun 2006 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Morte
La la la 3 nil anothar victory.
Wu what are you talking about?
Italy need a stolen penalty, england fought a lot to make a single fault goal, portugal made literally war on the field for a meagre 1 nil ukraine did no goals even in extra time and argetina played they hearts out for a simple 2x1 against poor mexico!
Brazil comes and imposes a solid 3x0 and thats barely win?
oh come on!

oh, please, you can do better than that. Ghana was better than Brazil in the first half. One (admittedly) nice goal by Ronaldo, then an off-side goal by Adriano and that was the game. You have to do better than that to impress me.
I dont think France will be much of a problem, we will see what happens after that. (I thought that the fact that the subway station next to the stadion is called 'Waterloo' would be a good sign for Spain, but apparently I was wrong)

furball 27 Jun 2006 23:41

I agree, 3-0 flattered Brazil, the correct score was more like 2-1. On a different night that match could have easily gone to extra time and even a dreaded penalty shoot-out.

eSc0 28 Jun 2006 08:21

the ref was crap, the 2nd was offside and killed ghana's spirit. ghana was playing much better but seem to let the pressure get to them and screw up at the last second. They either shot too soft or completely wild.

BlacK_Bengudo 29 Jun 2006 15:23

brazil always get into the finals
so the problem will be brazil x argentina or brazil x germany

i do preffer brazil x argentina, everyone hates argetina. they are "the evil" in football
:D

JonnyBGood 29 Jun 2006 15:27

Except for the fact they're playing more entertaining football at the minute than brazil are :(

BlacK_Bengudo 29 Jun 2006 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Except for the fact they're playing more entertaining football at the minute than brazil are :(

thats true, but i dont like the way argentina plays (has anyone whi likes it ffs?) in the first half of the game they play for real, then the second one they start to "dig" falls and all that crap they did against Costa Del Marfim and México.

i think arg x ger will be a grate game.
hope that arg wins!

milo 29 Jun 2006 16:32

I sincerely hope brazil don't win, it would be a monumental travesty the way they're playing, id even take a german victory over them. Oh and this is apparently the german 'three lions' some don't like it but its been a bit of an ohrworm and im humming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKVl5...74%2090%202006

if anyone can link me to a pic of oliver khan looking grumpy on the bench id be much obliged, ive been looking but can't find it :(

JC 29 Jun 2006 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
if anyone can link me to a pic of oliver khan looking grumpy on the bench id be much obliged, ive been looking but can't find it :(

Look a bit harder :p

milo 29 Jun 2006 16:38

i did google image but couldn't get anything :( is there a better quality one?

JC 29 Jun 2006 16:39

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...1093394249.jpg

Thats the only other one i can find but he doesnt look so grumpy there.

BlacK_Bengudo 29 Jun 2006 17:06

brazil will get into the finals for sure!
and i think we r going to win
;)

milo 29 Jun 2006 17:11

i think the french old guard may give you a sterner test than you think, if they get a bit of fire in the bellies they're more than capable of knocking you out and assuming england get through the qfs they'll bore you to death but win. Assuming brazil do make the final, id want any other team in the other half of the draw to win with the exception of italy. If it was an italy brazil final id hope for 6 red cards and a psychotically determined ref and a winner based on an controversial injury time penalty decision to ensure plenty of bad blood.

wu_trax 29 Jun 2006 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
I sincerely hope brazil don't win, it would be a monumental travesty the way they're playing, id even take a german victory over them. Oh and this is apparently the german 'three lions' some don't like it but its been a bit of an ohrworm and im humming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKVl5...74%2090%202006

something like that?
http://www.n-tv.de/682163.html?tpl=zwei&counter=73

Opi 29 Jun 2006 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacK_Bengudo
everyone hates argetina. they are "the evil" in football
:D

I think that is only true for England (and maybe some of the south americans?). Can't really see why they should be universally hated.
If they win tomorrow, this might change, though. :)

milo 29 Jun 2006 18:14

no more like the one JC initially linked, head in hands and looking completely fedup like a big bear. Like a big snuggly bear.

BlacK_Bengudo 29 Jun 2006 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opi
I think that is only true for England (and maybe some of the south americans?). Can't really see why they should be universally hated.
If they win tomorrow, this might change, though. :)

well, just look how they play. they always dig falls and do that psychologic pressure. (took too long to change players, too long to start the ball rolling...) if they win against germany (i hope they do) you will see how ugly are they football. always have been like that...
wich sucks btw.

Opi 29 Jun 2006 23:06

So you're saying they play just like Brazil, Portugal, Italy, Holland, well, almost every other team?