Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   about new fleet page (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198836)

Zazas 9 Aug 2010 09:00

about new fleet page

The condensed page is kinda good, but it gave me two troubles.
1. Perform movement button - It is too low, I always push Issue launch button, then I try to rearrange my ships.
2. Adding fleet to BCALC - this became impossible, as you can not copy your sorted fleet, like you could from missions page.

t3k 9 Aug 2010 09:10

Re: about new fleet page

^^

2nd point especially valid.

neroon 9 Aug 2010 10:43

aye, agree, fcked up

Reincarnate 9 Aug 2010 11:07

press the (i) button next to the fleet name and u get a popup that u can copy/paste. simplez.

HeimdallR 9 Aug 2010 11:29

Thx rein, now my issues with the fleetpage are gone ;)

CBA 9 Aug 2010 15:05

I dont like it

LordNieminen 9 Aug 2010 15:11

completely useless... dunno why it was even changed.. Could have actually fixed something else..

Mzyxptlk 9 Aug 2010 15:49

You're useless.

Reincarnate 9 Aug 2010 16:17

i think its a fantastic change. very glad that its finally been done.

Cowch 9 Aug 2010 16:34

I approve of the change.

neroon 9 Aug 2010 17:57

cant seem to find any improvements that came with the change :P i dont mind it tho.. just needs to get used to i guess

Cowch 9 Aug 2010 18:08

The improvement is in not having to load extra pages on your mobile device.

Reincarnate 9 Aug 2010 22:53

improvements are you dont need to flick back and forth between 2 pages. and as cowch said, very helpful when using mobile.

Patrikc 10 Aug 2010 00:22

I don't get why people are so negative about it. I guess the main reason is because something changed (oh no!).

I for one am glad I don't have to go back and forth to see what fleet is actually going where.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zazas (Post 3197440)
2. Adding fleet to BCALC - this became impossible, as you can not copy your sorted fleet, like you could from missions page.

Erm, "Add My Stuff" anyone?

Zeyi 10 Aug 2010 00:30

People like keyboard shortcuts over clicking the mouse!

Mzyxptlk 10 Aug 2010 00:31

The whole "add my fleet" thing cost just about as much time to do as "select, Ctrl+C, click, Ctrl-V", anyway.

Alki 10 Aug 2010 00:47

also add my fleet doesnt really help, when you're pasting in other peoples stuff now does it

Patrikc 10 Aug 2010 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki (Post 3197472)
also add my fleet doesnt really help, when you're pasting in other peoples stuff now does it

Why not?

M0RPH3US 10 Aug 2010 02:08

i just spend 10 minutes of my life searching the mission page :(

LordNieminen 10 Aug 2010 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0RPH3US (Post 3197474)

Try searching it on the first night when your drunk and BC:ing same time...

Could have killed some person at that point of time.

Veedeejem! 10 Aug 2010 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0RPH3US (Post 3197474)

i had the same thing on saturday... :D

Remy 10 Aug 2010 08:52

The combining of the fleets is horrible. Some points may have been forwarded already, but here is my list of complaints:

- The page in general is crammed and loaded. A basic rule of webpage design was broken: dont overload any single page with information.
- Too much scrolling is required for fleet movement
- People can no longer copy/paste fleets in a SIMPLE way. The (i) button is slow (probably by design), and confusing on a mobile phone. The copy pasting is important for DCs, who often prefer to work on irc with copy pasting of missions, so they dont have to CONSTANTLY use refresh/expand+collapse/mouseover in the ingame deftools.
- The combining fo the pages was designed to make it more friendly for mainly the mobile users. I am one of those. I have to conclude that the combined page actually takes more time to use :P.

- T

Makhil 10 Aug 2010 10:06

PA could have written Fleets/Missions on the menu... it is a basic procedure when you make such a change.
I welcome the move back to the old system (abandonned because of loading issues i think when the player base was huge).
I just can't copy/paste the mission to confirm the launch on IRC anymore... but i can live with that as the ally is using the ingame defense page.

Patrikc 10 Aug 2010 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3197482)
I just can't copy/paste the mission to confirm the launch on IRC anymore... but i can live with that as the ally is using the ingame defense page.

I really wish people would read threads they reply to. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3197448)
press the (i) button next to the fleet name and u get a popup that u can copy/paste. simplez.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remy (Post 3197479)
The combining of the fleets is horrible. Some points may have been forwarded already, but here is my list of complaints:

- The page in general is crammed and loaded. A basic rule of webpage design was broken: dont overload any single page with information.
- Too much scrolling is required for fleet movement
- People can no longer copy/paste fleets in a SIMPLE way. The (i) button is slow (probably by design), and confusing on a mobile phone. The copy pasting is important for DCs, who often prefer to work on irc with copy pasting of missions, so they dont have to CONSTANTLY use refresh/expand+collapse/mouseover in the ingame deftools.
- The combining fo the pages was designed to make it more friendly for mainly the mobile users. I am one of those. I have to conclude that the combined page actually takes more time to use :P.

- T

I must say I don't share any of these observations, except maybe that it could be 'crammed and loaded' and thereby overwhelming for newer players. In return, to me it feels to make much more sense that you can send your fleets from the fleets page, rather than make an extra page to do the same thing.

Personally I prefer to check if people sent their ships on the Defense page anyway, so copy/pasting is more for the player than for me.

Pug 11 Aug 2010 03:33

I think it's a good thing, specially when time to tick is a factor in launching in time just after changing fleets etc.